Iraq: Civilian help wanted

posted at 9:36 am on January 30, 2007 by Bryan

The 2007 State of the Union Address
Hubble’s WWII service

Download Vent for your iPod

Comments

“Civilian Reserve Corps.” “Civilian Experts.”

Thanks for the explanation, Michelle.

Please keep us posted on how this develops.

Lawrence on January 30, 2007 at 10:01 AM

And this, I think, is one of the huge failures of the current administration. Instead of calling the American minds to war, we were told to go shopping…
This tape just reinforces my belief that if American citizens, and all branches of gov’t, got behind this war effort success would be inevitable. I understand that many positions of State and several other agencies have been understaffed in Iraq from the start of this conflict. Consequently, American military are giving out sewing machines, etc…
Alas, we, the American people are still shopping and jeering from the side lines those brave enough amoung us to actually go out and make a difference.

Babs on January 30, 2007 at 10:17 AM

You would think the Peace Corp crowd would be jumping at this opportunity to serve. You would think ….

It will be a disgrace if BDS activists impede the promotion of this critical program.

Gull on January 30, 2007 at 10:18 AM

I thought he was recruiting people to volunteer to go out and kill civilians – isn’t that all we do over there?

Perhaps I’ve been watching the MSM and Murtha too much…

(/SARCASM)

CrazyFool on January 30, 2007 at 12:08 PM

The USO is a FABULOUS way for a civilian to volunteer to go over there and show your love and devotion.

Hunky Husband was never so comforted as when he was coming off seven months in the dirt and went into a USO tent, heard American voices, saw American smiles and drank an American soda.

You can help.

Must like dirt.

Must love young American heros.

Pinkos need not apply.

seejanemom on January 30, 2007 at 12:28 PM

Great Vent Michelle! We need objective reporting that gives insight into important events such as this.

omegaram on January 30, 2007 at 1:54 PM

I’ma sign up right after I read me a couple shakespears! What a guy! Thats our prez. Ya gotta love em.

sonnyspats1 on January 30, 2007 at 6:15 PM

Great work.

I question the timing tho…w/ Hubble./

shooter on January 30, 2007 at 7:26 PM

A call to action…and her voice became a clarion… our modern day Thomas Paine.

Great Vent Michelle.

Zorro on January 30, 2007 at 7:27 PM

When the Iraq war started I knew I was over the age of enlistment. Not by much, but over. I went to a recruiter to see if any loopholes existed. Unless I was a Veteran or a doctor the answer was no. They never mentioned they might just find a use for civilians with backgrounds in electronic security and the like. Hmmm. I watched the SOTU but didn’t fully grasp the proposal.

Buck Turgidson on January 30, 2007 at 9:29 PM

Her’s a site for more info http://www.govexec.com

sonnyspats1 on January 31, 2007 at 1:52 AM

You know Michelle… If your videos were played on any of the MSM’s nightly news casts, there would be a different feeling about the war. I feel people would begin to support the war, and would not have that good ol’ Democrat defeated attitude. The MSM and the Democrat (Not Democratic) Party is so deeply invested in the defeat of the U.S. they will stop at nothing to try and help us lose the war. They have even resorted to Jayson Blair style reporting and making up sources and blown up mosques…. uggghh… They make me so mad…

BeauMec17 on January 31, 2007 at 7:23 AM

Finding another job the Democrats wouldn’t do.

hadsil on January 31, 2007 at 8:09 PM