Video: NBC’s “Crossing Jordan” attacks Ann Coulter

posted at 1:07 am on January 29, 2007 by Ian

Tonight on NBC’s “Crossing Jordan,” one of the show’s characters was informally diagnosed with ACS — “Ann Coulter Syndrome.” Apparently, the afflicted grow stronger by the hatred of others. It seems ACS has struck the show’s writers.

Comments

This is where Ann is at her best. She’ll eat this up. You know, “no press is bad press”.

Sounds like NBC’s writers have some professional envy going on there.

Freelancer on January 29, 2007 at 1:17 AM

Maybe Bill O’Reilly has a point about NBC…

freakagriep on January 29, 2007 at 1:23 AM

“Ann Coulter Syndrome.”

Public figure or not, that’s your name, and a swipe, for not only money {ratings}, but a political swipe as well {your profession} …. I think a phone call to the copyright, and trade mark lawyers over coffee in the morning might be worthwhile discussion ……… Remember, you have written copy written books, editorials, either you gave them content and consent…. or you did not give them consent to use your name to generate revenue and progess a political agenda????

You didn’t??? Opppppppps?

If I am wrong, please educate me….

PinkyBigglesworth on January 29, 2007 at 1:23 AM

Yes, this is money in her pocket.

Ann will go on another round of talk shows this week and skewer them.

INC on January 29, 2007 at 1:24 AM

Pathetic.

RightWinged on January 29, 2007 at 1:26 AM

I love it! ACS and BDS. I always thought Ann should be up there with W. Soon, we won’t have to use words at all, just acronyms.

R D on January 29, 2007 at 1:27 AM

If I am wrong, please educate me…

She’s a public figure. There is nothing wrong with them saying her name. If they had ripped the plot of the show from some novel she wrote, then she could sue.

DaveS on January 29, 2007 at 1:27 AM

Hah I sort of love it. It validates “BDS”

Nice to see the libs admiting that they believe that political mental disorders exist and it infects them.

William Amos on January 29, 2007 at 1:31 AM

Well she really wouldn’t have a case from the way I understand it. They didn’t defame her, her attitude is her fame. And besides if Rosie and Trump can profit from a public fight, Ann certainly can. Also there is the “Never go up against a comidian” rule they broke and will pay for.

- The Cat

P.S. I like the way the character thinks. :)

MirCat on January 29, 2007 at 1:32 AM

Ann Coulter worrying about her name being used on network TV? Come on now…It’s a Badge of Honor!

R D on January 29, 2007 at 1:57 AM

If I am wrong, please educate me…

DaveS on January 29, 2007 at 1:27 AM

Yeah, ……… but then why did “the stainer of dresses” put pressure on ABC to protect “sloppiness”…… they were public figures, too…….. oh, but they wer DEMOCRATS {I know they hate that}

PinkyBigglesworth on January 29, 2007 at 2:00 AM

I had no idea that show was still on.

Sean M. on January 29, 2007 at 2:06 AM

Nice haircut, like anyone would care what a character with that sort of look says about anything. What is that, Prince Valiant meets Emo or what, geez, man up already.

bbz123 on January 29, 2007 at 2:15 AM

But Jill Hennessy is freakin HOT!

Capitalist Infidel on January 29, 2007 at 2:22 AM

Great way to miss the point again, Ian.

Ann’s strength is in the fact that her statements reduce the “tolerant left” to a characterization of the very people that they themselves criticize, complete with hypocritical stances on the freedom of speech and the right to assemble. How many left wing speakers do you know who have copped a pie in the face recently?

This is not an attack, this is a very real and accurate description (even if delivered in jest) of Ann Coulter’s success.

I question her character and her judgement at times, but she is brilliant at what she does.

MKR on January 29, 2007 at 2:30 AM

Her chances of winning a defamation suit are slim and none — she’s a public figure.

Her chances of taking it live, and on the talk shows and sucessfully publicly beating NBC up are excellent.

The probability that it will be repeated in her next book? Almost ONE.

georgej on January 29, 2007 at 3:04 AM

Pathetic.

RightWinged on January 29, 2007 at 1:26 AM

Yeah, and sad, and ridiculous, and typical. And these moonbat-infected morons have no clue

Janos Hunyadi on January 29, 2007 at 3:45 AM

He enunciates “Ann Coulter Syndrome” in an east-pond accent that makes me want to la-de-freakin’-da. The left grows more precious by the minute.

laelaps on January 29, 2007 at 5:36 AM

NBC? I haven’t watched that network since Moby Dick was a minnow…

Zorro on January 29, 2007 at 6:33 AM

Just when you think the MSM can’t get any dumber. Do they honestly think that this would upset or offend Ann Coulter? Or even any of her fans? Because I’m sure it doesn’t. If it were funny then at least we could get some entertainment value out of it… but it just seems so disconnected and dumb.

tiekitwist on January 29, 2007 at 7:15 AM

It is nice to see that someone is working with the show “Crossing Jordan” is thinking of Anne Coulter. Their definition is rather arrogant and one sided, however.

I have received junk emails offering tickets to the Oprah Winfrey Show, Ellen, and I do not remember for certain if I have also received emails offering tickets to “The View.”

I never open those emails. I delete them immediately after reading the subject title.

I asked my wife is she wants to go to Oprah Winfrey, Ellen, or any of the others – just to make light conversation and to joke a bit. Of course she replies that she has absolutely no interest in going to those show.

Last night I expressed that I would not feel comfortable sitting in the audience listening to the crap they spew and having to remain silent. I would want to leave my seat and oppose their one sided diatribes.

Nevertheless, it amazes me that anyone still continues to deny that there is a liberal, left wing, secular progressive bias in Hollywood, television and the news media. Crossing Jordan has now also reinforced that fact.

William

William2006 on January 29, 2007 at 7:31 AM

The original name of the show was “Crossing Vernon Jordan”, but Hillary nixed it.

BacaDog on January 29, 2007 at 7:32 AM

Ohhhh…. The Left, they are so grown up aren’t they?! I thought the left was supposed to be the grown up enlightened bunch while us cavemen, err sorry, “Cavepersons”, where the ones in need of refinement. I feel like shouting, “OH, GROW UP!!!” sometimes. One can always tell they are winning an argument with someone on the left when the name slinging begins, i.e. racist, sexist, homophobe, etc..
Ann Coulter could write circles around anyone the left can throw at us… They have been trying for years to find the “Liberal Rush Limbaugh”, and I am sure that will happen as soon as they find an equal to Ms. Coulter.

BeauMec17 on January 29, 2007 at 7:36 AM

It is amazing that that show is still even on. IT is always being yanked for a while and it seems that every news season only has maybe 6 shows.

Hilts on January 29, 2007 at 8:18 AM

They only mention her because she gets under their skin. Were she irrelevant, they wouldn’t bother. But for the people watching who don’t know who she is, maybe they’ll pick up a book and cross over to the dark side.

JammieWearingFool on January 29, 2007 at 8:31 AM

’bout time the right got some play on MSM.

Wade on January 29, 2007 at 8:31 AM

BeauMec17 on January 29, 2007 at 7:36 AM

But they think they have one in that Dowd person.

The bottom line of this whole thing is that people still wonder why I do not watch prime time television.

TwinkietheKid on January 29, 2007 at 8:39 AM

hahahaha! Saying this remark “attacks” AC is like saying NO2 “attacks” a 750 horse power racing engine!

csdeven on January 29, 2007 at 8:59 AM

BeauMec17 on January 29, 2007 at 7:36 AM

If they haven’t produced one yet, I am doubtful they ever will.

CrimsonFisted on January 29, 2007 at 9:14 AM

It’s spelled Ann. …and as a fan it doesn’t bother me a bit, but I just shake my head at the irony. I have never seen a more vile, angry, hateful bunch as the liberals that I know.

jjjen on January 29, 2007 at 9:22 AM

There can only be one Rush Limbaugh. Rush is brilliant because of his poignant insight, his engaging style and his characteristic professionalism and optimism. On the other hand, Ann is an attention whore who sells books by saying stupid, outrageous things that hurt people and making a scene.

John on January 29, 2007 at 9:25 AM

That’s a good one. By their own definition, NBC just made Coulter stronger. And they probably have at that.

taznar on January 29, 2007 at 9:28 AM

KA—–CHIIIIIING!

Ann’s pockets are filling as we speak!

You go girl!

Knowing her, Ann probably PAID NBC for that swipe!!

seejanemom on January 29, 2007 at 9:36 AM

Why do I feel a sudden urge to go buy another Ann Coulter book.

Buzzy on January 29, 2007 at 9:44 AM

Been watching a few too many GEICO commercials?

TugboatPhil on January 29, 2007 at 10:05 AM

Hey, it’ll give all the thin-skinned conservatives a chance to score points with their lefty dates by denouncing AC. And maybe get some!

spmat on January 29, 2007 at 10:18 AM

Hello???

Anybody but me more disturbed about the rest of the show’s content than the AC comment?

I was stupified that they would actually take her on, but hey, maybe they need the press. I for one probably won’t be watching the show anymore after the other Leftist undertones they spewed.

Cop-lady (now deceased): “Do you own a gun?”
Distraught grieving (moral authority wielding) mother: “OF COURSE NOT!” [Read: Do you think I'm an evil mother that would ever allow an evil firearm in the sight of my helpless child.] “He’s a builder” [sob...sob]

And how about this from the beginning of the show -
Hennessey: “He’s only 8!”

Newsflash babe – they can pull the trigger, too, as a real person from Boston would know. Gangbangers start at a young age. So he’s 8, if he DID fire at a cop, he needed 33 bullets in him.

And how the heck did he get 33 bullets in him from behind a car door? Heck, even out in the open, those cops would belong on the Olympic trap team if they could hit that small of a target that many times. Reality, please? Anyone? Bueller?

And of course, Jill saves the day and proves how wrong the evil cops are. And when confronted with the carnage of the (moral authority wielding) angry mob burning and pillaging, she replies, “People don’t like being lied to.”

Well, maybe I should burn down my house the next time my 5 year old blames my 3 year old for the spilt milk.

Moral Equivalence Bleck!

Worthless show, nothing to see here, move along folks.

y2church on January 29, 2007 at 10:20 AM

NBC is only one quick step ahead of HotAir commenters when it comes to AC hate speech. You guys are just jealous the fairies at NBC thought of ACS first…

PS Capitalist Infidel on January 29, 2007 at 2:22 AM

Wow.

Jaibones on January 29, 2007 at 10:35 AM

only the left would call Bill Maher Humorous and Ann Coulter hateful.

“You’re only funny if you’re on my side”

One Angry Christian on January 29, 2007 at 10:52 AM

Of course, the woman with “ACS” later disarmed a mugger with a bat and threatened to kill him and feed his kidneys to her dog. At least NBC didn’t make her into a victim.

Steve L. on January 29, 2007 at 11:37 AM

I don’t suffer from ACS
I love every second of it!

Defector01 on January 29, 2007 at 12:43 PM

Clueless, NBC! Soulless, NBC!

mymanpotsandpans on January 29, 2007 at 2:12 PM

Crossing Jordan jumped the shark a loooonnng time ago.
No wonder her mom killed herself and her dad’s in hiding.
Bipolar-manic who’s so stuck in the 60s that she thinks she has to buck the system to get a cup of coffee.

At least there’s Criminal Minds and Psyche.

Iblis on January 29, 2007 at 2:46 PM

It’s not just NBC. Network drama shows frequently throw in anti-conservative political quips or similar off-the-cuff content, most extraordinarily when the shows themselves have nothing at all to do with politics. The most aggregious offender is probably “Gilmore Girls,” but you can find it almost everywhere. “Cold Case,” “ER,” and any of the “Law and Order” series spring readily to mind.

Thank God the trend hasn’t infected “House” or “Heroes,” or my TV life would be ruined.

Blacklake on January 29, 2007 at 2:46 PM

only the left would call Bill Maher Humorous and Ann Coulter hateful.

“You’re only funny if you’re on my side”

One Angry Christian on January 29, 2007 at 10:52 AM

Applause !!!!! Applause !!!!! Applause !!!!! Applause !!!!!

That is clever, and so true.

William

William2006 on January 29, 2007 at 2:56 PM

Blacklake on January 29, 2007 at 2:46 PM

The ONLY regular tv program that I watch (and THAT is only on DVD) is HOUSE, and even though I am completely enthralled with Hugh Laurie, the first political quip like “ACS”, and I will write it off. As you stated, there hasn’t been one yet. But we’ll know if they do, they’ll have “jumped the shark” and it isn’t worth watching anymore anyway.

I have to admit, though, I cut Brits a tad more slack on the political thing – They live on an island, you know. LOL.

tickleddragon on January 29, 2007 at 3:35 PM

As long as The Office is on NBC, they’re okay by me.

John on January 29, 2007 at 3:58 PM

Ann is just comfortable in her own skin and doesn’t give a rat’s rear what people say or think about her. She just keeps on preaching her own unique brand of inconvenient truth to libs.

If you haven’t read “Godless” yet you’re really missing out. She lets her Christian side out a lot more. Great stuff.

Mojave Mark on January 30, 2007 at 12:30 AM