Video: Kevin Federline’s stupid Super Bowl commercial

posted at 6:00 pm on January 29, 2007 by Allahpundit

A man who rightfully should have been a fry cook but somehow ended up having sex with Britney Spears parlays his celebrity into a Super Bowl ad in which he plays a fry cook imagining what it would be like to be the kind of celebrity whom Britney Spears would, presumably, have sex with. Meta.

You know what the lesson here is? Once a beta male, always a beta male.

It’s nice that he could cash in one last time on his way back to the gutter, though. I take it he’ll be joining me in celebrating the “Day of Purity” this year? Completely voluntarily, of course.

Comments

Was a funny commercial.

Nonfactor on January 29, 2007 at 6:06 PM

“What! Rollin’ VIP! What!”

“Federline!”

“…what?”

Jim Treacher on January 29, 2007 at 6:14 PM

Man that guy sucks.

Seixon on January 29, 2007 at 6:20 PM

Even successful celebs can blow their $ in all the wrong ways, but the smart ones can make one hit last a lifetime if managed well.
He’ll be hanging with the Hedgehog soon enough.

bbz123 on January 29, 2007 at 6:23 PM

As stated by Debbie Reynolds, as Beulah in ZACK & REBA…

He’s “as useless as tits on a man.”

tickleddragon on January 29, 2007 at 6:34 PM

It’s just like the TV show “Dallas.” His time with Britney was all just a dream. He never left the fries station.

Mallard T. Drake on January 29, 2007 at 6:34 PM

Wierd Al does it best CLICKY

I wonder if this guy understands the truth of his comertial. Kind of reminds me of when a dude I knew had me listen to the song “Pretty Fly for a White Guy.” I had to resist the temptation of screaming the fact that the song was about people like him.

- The Cat

MirCat on January 29, 2007 at 6:39 PM

Thats a great commercial. Kudos for KFeb for having the ****s to make fun of himself.

Labamigo on January 29, 2007 at 6:42 PM

He is a turd

Wade on January 29, 2007 at 6:44 PM

Wow, isn’t that the ex Mrs. Spears.

Buzzy on January 29, 2007 at 7:00 PM

“There’s f*ckin’ room to move as a fry cook. I could be manager in two years. King. God.”

Though no one ever says a fry cook spends his life getting into tense situations.

rw on January 29, 2007 at 7:10 PM

A man who rightfully should have been a fry cook

I’m glad you’re not in charge of hiring.

Seriously. He reminds of a t-shirt I recently saw. “Of the millions of sperm racing that day, I can’t believe you were the winner.”

TugboatPhil on January 29, 2007 at 7:12 PM

Mabey he can redeem himself by pursuing an acting career. Better yet he should get his GED .

sonnyspats1 on January 29, 2007 at 7:14 PM

“…..ended up having sex with Britney Spears”

I would guess that he is just one of many.
Did they create a “spore”?

Chief1942 on January 29, 2007 at 7:21 PM

I read a comment on some blog somewhere to the effect of “…since K-Fed and Brittany are getting divorced, does that mean he’s now “Fed-Ex”??”

Now every time I see or hear “news” about either him or Spears, that is the first thing that goes thru my mind.

MOMinuteman on January 29, 2007 at 7:26 PM

It’s probably safe to say that I’ll be celebrating the “Day of Purity” right along with you guys. Think I’ll do “One For My Baby” at karaoke that night…(sob)

packsoldier on January 29, 2007 at 8:08 PM

Retard.

x95b10 on January 29, 2007 at 8:35 PM

Respect where respect is due, from what I’ve seen “K-Fed” has handled himself far better than Britney has since the divorce. And yet, he’s the one who still cops it from everyone..

Reaps on January 29, 2007 at 8:47 PM

I actually found this pretty amusing. It’d be even more so if there were any chance that Fed-Ex were sufficiently self-aware, humble, and/or generally functioning as a normal human being to be in on the joke (the way I assume Fabio is in his version of the “Life comes at you quick” commercial), but even so, this one gives me a chuckle. As far as the fry-cook-cum-backup-dancer-cum-Mr.-Spears-cum-fry-cook knows, this is simply a short-form non-fiction biopic.

flip on January 29, 2007 at 9:28 PM

I bet, that if I disguised myself as Kevin Federline, got a bottle of Cabernet and a tube of personal lubricant, I could get into Keith Olbermann’s condo.

austinnelly on January 29, 2007 at 10:15 PM

And, austinnelly, you are telling us this because … ?? This us where the manager yells at you, “Nelly! Fries!”

Just a joke!!!!

laelaps on January 29, 2007 at 10:27 PM

Hey, no shame in making good fries man. :) No, it was just a slam on Fed Ex and Olberdouche.

austinnelly on January 29, 2007 at 10:29 PM

Tragic…… as in all humor, a wring of truth makes it funny.

This young man is still the father of two young children, and is no longer married to his mother.

It’s fairly obvious that unless he uses his current wealth to better himself, he most likely will not have a future in show business.

What else will he have to turn on?

Have we become so synical to have the knee jerk reaction, “Yeah, you looser…..”

What happens in ten or twenty years when, after the mother of his children has put them through the roller coaster of life in the spot light {beaver shot}, and they need their Dad……. where do you think he will be?

Hopefully, in a good place.

I won’t buy any of his music, but I do wish him, and all his family well…….. Wouldn’t you wish the same upon you?

PinkyBigglesworth on January 29, 2007 at 10:52 PM

PinkyBigglesworth on January 29, 2007 at 10:52 PM

And this was still the case when he married Britney. He already had kids with another woman, who he left to tour with Britney in the first place.

I don’t wish bad things to happen to him, but this isn’t the case of a tragedy. This is the case of a man who got extremely lucky for a very short period of time and has now come crashing down where I do hope he lands softly.

I think the video is hilarious. Mostly, because it’s true.

Esthier on January 30, 2007 at 8:44 AM

Yes, indeed, the restaurant association is protesting the commercial for portraying burger-flipping as a dead-end job and demeaning the millions of American who ask you if you’d like to supersize and/or biggie-size.

I couldn’t believe that part when I read it either.

First, have burger-flippers ever been portrayed as being in anything other than a dead-end job the millions of times they’ve been portrayed on film?

And second, it is a dead-end job. Those who don’t know this… wait, is it at all possible that there are people who don’t know this?

Esthier on January 30, 2007 at 8:48 AM

Reaps on January 29, 2007 at 8:47 PM

You’re not setting the bar too high there.

Esthier on January 30, 2007 at 8:49 AM

True, true – but while he seems actually intent on continuing to, you know, earn a living, as opposed to having his genitalia snapped up by paparazzi, it’s disappointing that Britney still seems to garner the sympathy and Kevin just gets whacked. But then again, he’s the evil gold-digger virgin-corruptor, or some crap..

I’m hardly waving the flag for the guy, but by comparison…

And yes, considering what I’m comparing him to, the bar is hardly at an Olympic level.

Reaps on January 30, 2007 at 9:36 AM

Esthier

You might have a point. But as Walter Williams points out frequently, the best way to avoid poverty is to take a job–any job–and make some wages. Maybe you don’t advance past assistant shift manager, but when you have a proven record of showing up every day and a good reference or two, you can apply for a different (better, opportunity for advancement) job in time–and you have a better chance of actually getting hired for it than the kid who preferred no job to the “dead-end” burger-flipping gig.

And even if you don’t, there’s still no shame in being an honest working fry cook, rather than gang-banging, drug dealing, sponging off your folks or off my tax dollars, etc. I refuse to dog on anyone in a low-status service job (unless they’re suburban high school kids spending more time chatting with their friends than actually serving customers, of course).

Radish on January 30, 2007 at 11:21 AM

Reaps on January 30, 2007 at 9:36 AM

Honestly, I have no sympathy for either of them.

Esthier on January 30, 2007 at 11:31 AM

I can do that hand sign. Does this mean I have enough talent to rap and make a mint?

Nethicus on January 30, 2007 at 12:11 PM

Trivial pursuit answer in the next edition. Maybe.

honora on January 30, 2007 at 12:36 PM