Video: Hillary jokes about “evil and bad men” like Osama and Republicans; Update: Or Bill?

posted at 6:09 pm on January 28, 2007 by Allahpundit

The punchline never comes, but it doesn’t have to. Everyone but everyone who was there knows how this one goes. Tee hee!

You know who’s laughing the loudest? Dinesh D’Souza.

Update: Some of our commenters think it was a dig at the Clenis. By comparing him to Bin Laden?

Update: All right, let’s do this.

Who’s she talking about?
The vast right-wing conspiracy
The Clenis

Update: Early voting is skewing heavily in favor of the Clenis. Well, I disagreed with most righties about what Kerry meant; no surprise to find I’m out of step again.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

Nice! You did get it.

Now, I’d just like to know WHO everyone thinks she was talking about. I think it’s clear it’s Bill. Why would she say “in my background” if that’s not what she meant? If she’s not talking about Bill, is she talking about President Bush (referring to her “background” as a Senator)? In which case this broad is even more of a disgrace than we already knew… a sitting Senator calling a sitting President “evil” in a time of war cannot stand (if that’s the implication, but again I think it was Bill).

The problem is that we’ll never know because the MSM won’t hold her feet to the fire, though you KNOW how it would be if she was a Repub. I really hope I’m wrong and someone presses her on this, because as we saw at the end of this clip, she’s already flipped and flopped in her explanation.

RightWinged on January 28, 2007 at 6:17 PM

I think it was Bill she was thinking of, it seemed apparent to me. How could she feel anything but loathing and contempt for him?

B Moe on January 28, 2007 at 6:18 PM

Update: Some of commenters think it was a dig at the Clenis. By comparing him to Bin Laden?

I don’t know that she was comparing anyone to Bin Laden (though I get your point, because she had just mentioned him)… She’s talking about “evil men” and repeats the question – what in her “background” makes equips her to deal with evil and bad men? The crowd chuckles and she yucks it up and then everyone busts out laughing. I honestly separate the UBL comment from the entire “chuckle” event… but I could be wrong.

RightWinged on January 28, 2007 at 6:47 PM

The question was about dealing with America’s enemies. She responded by making a joke which, pretty clearly, was directed at Republicans. 1+1=2.

Allahpundit on January 28, 2007 at 6:50 PM

Why don’t they go ask Bubba what he thinks she meant? Let’s hear him chuckle his way out of that one. Better watch your back Bubba, looks like she’s on her way to dumping you even before the election. I figure she needs you for her campaign but maybe she and her handlers weighed the positives and negatives and you came up short. Maybe we should get Monica’s opinion on that.

Jeff on January 28, 2007 at 6:52 PM

Allahpundit on January 28, 2007 at 6:50 PM

Again, I could be missing something… but what about her comment leads us to believe she was talking about Republicans? She is talking personally about her “background” “equipping” her to deal with evil men, which caused all the laughter. Unless you’re talking about her flip flopping explanation, which I pretty much ignored because I don’t really find it relevant to the raw original event.

RightWinged on January 28, 2007 at 6:59 PM

(and by the way, I don’t think she’d have ever gone out and called Bill evil, and I’m not married to the idea that this is what was implied, but that is the first impression I get… and again… but regardless I think she’s a smart enough politician that she wouldn’t have voluntarily gone in that direction.. I think what happened was her wording caused the obvious joke to jump in to everyone’s mind (who in her background jumps to mind when you hear “evil men”? Her cheating husband!)… I think the crowd laughed and she laughed along so as not to look like a stiff… and who knows what she thought was the joke… but I think in the minds of the audience, based on the context, it could be anyone, but seems likely Bill to me.

RightWinged on January 28, 2007 at 7:02 PM

You’re seriously asking me why I think the woman who coined the term “vast right-wing conspiracy” might have had Republicans in mind when she said this?

Forget her for a minute. Watch the clip again and listen to the crowd’s reaction. Seems pretty strong, no? Clearly they’ve all got someone in mind. It could be Bill, although the mention of “evil” and Bin Laden moments earlier makes that highly unlikely. So whom must it be?

Allahpundit on January 28, 2007 at 7:03 PM

And does it count for nothing that when asked to define whom she had in mind when she made her “joke,” she said, “our leadership”?

Allahpundit on January 28, 2007 at 7:04 PM

Never mind the evil men in the world.
What about the evil women?
There’s one in particular that has me a bit worried.
Anybody care to guess who I have in mind?

CyberCipher on January 28, 2007 at 7:10 PM

My gut is she thinks she’s very clearly referencing W. After all, it’s his war, and he’s made us the international pariah … right? Hardy har har. (Hey Hil – can you say “botched joke?”) Speaking of, I bet Ter-ay-za’s snorting milk through her nose right about now!

eucher on January 28, 2007 at 7:14 PM

If you work hard in school, do your homework…, you can be a socialist. If not, you become an evil, corporate-favoring Republican.

She didn’t botch it.

“Her background”, in my estimation, is dealing with the likes of Newt Gingrich and Kenneth Starr during the investigation and impeachment. Weren’t they the two most evil men alive in the 90′s?

Or perhaps it was based on her service with the Nixon impeachment inquiry staff. Nixon was, of course, the most evil president in history, right?

Freelancer on January 28, 2007 at 7:14 PM

Allahpundit on January 28, 2007 at 7:04 PM

Except that she’s a liar, and I think this is likely just to cover her a$$. Because it’s acceptable (especially to her base) to call Bush “evil” (which goes back to why you’re right that this would be the obvious assumption), but it would be a tough thing to squirm out of if she was calling her own husband “evil”. But again, for me it just comes back to her talking specifically about herself and saying “what in MY BACKGROUND equips ME to deal, with evil and bad men.”

Again, it wouldn’t be a surprise really to hear a Democrat (though a bit out of character for her) to call Bush “evil”, but the way she says and the laughter that follows leads me to believe it’s about Bill.

I’ll be interested to hear everyone else’s takes on this, certainly could go either way, but I’m still leaning Bill, though again, not intentionally… but just laughing along with the crowd who collectively I think had Bill come to mind.

RightWinged on January 28, 2007 at 7:15 PM

I’m sure she did. I’m less sure that that’s who her audience was thinking of.

How many here thought of Bill? It’s gonna be a loooong campaign for Hillary.

JackStraw on January 28, 2007 at 7:26 PM

Actually, I thought that was a very good and funny moment for Hillary, and I think everyone there was laughing because they were thinking of Bill. No sense trying to psychoanalyze it or score a “gotcha.” Let her have that funny moment.

Ali-Bubba on January 28, 2007 at 7:27 PM

She could be talking about:

Her father, her brother trial lawyer, and… Bill!

Buy Danish on January 28, 2007 at 7:33 PM

Allahpundit on January 28, 2007 at 6:50 PM

Communication occurs in the mind of the RECEIVER.

case closed. voting is also at 75% plus for slick.

Can you imagine this?? IF she were ever president?
-Her husband has had sex, many times, in the oval office YET HELLARY NEVER HAS. OUCH
It would put a damper on going to the office, wouldn’t it.

shooter on January 28, 2007 at 7:34 PM

I don’t care who she meant.
I do care that she won’t clearly say who she meant.
Kinda evil of her, no? Or is it just a bit pussy?

Stephen M on January 28, 2007 at 7:37 PM

REUTERS

“My participating in the Iowa caucuses is the only thing I’ll do in politics that Bill has not done,” she told the Davenport crowd.

Sometimes the English language is somewhat confusing to me, so I’m open to being corrected if my understanding is in error. The lady says this caucus thing is the only thing she will do that Bill did not do. Well, Bill did not perform the duties of the Presidency without being impeached. It seems her statement precludes her performing the duties of the Presidency without impeachment, since that would be two things Bill didn’t do. Comprenda?

News2Use on January 28, 2007 at 7:38 PM

Why didn’t she just say it was a botched joke and leave it that?

Oh wait, people laughed so that will never do. I think she’s talking about the Secret Service agent that got in the way of the lamp she threw at Bill the last time he got caught.

That poll needs a few more choices.

RW_theoriginal on January 28, 2007 at 7:43 PM

I definitely thought it was referring to Bill at first. Because that was the only possible way it could have been the “little joke” she was talking about. She changed tunes just to make a pithy political statement with bringing up Osama, but it seemed obvious to me that she was talking about Bill in the beginning.

tiekitwist on January 28, 2007 at 7:52 PM

I’d love to jump in but am having trouble with the vid. It starts for a split second and then quits. Problem on my end or a glitch here?

Anwyn on January 28, 2007 at 7:52 PM

She was talking about Bill.She mentioned her background but cant dump Bill til after election.Shillary later tried to refocus on the reason the whole leftist exist,hatred of Boooosh!She mentioned leadership the past 6 yrs when the war has only been going on the last (almost 4)yrs.Booossh!!Its him they hate.

spazzmomma on January 28, 2007 at 7:56 PM

I am so tired of the lying politico’s. They lie straight to your face. First she had not decided whether to run or not when EVERYONE KNEW she was running. How many times did she say that. Here she is making an obvious allusion to Willy and then, when called on it, she just lies. Like she believes it. Pathalogical.

Truth and Liberty are dead.

ronsfi on January 28, 2007 at 7:58 PM

Her father, her brother trial lawyer, and… Bill!

Buy Danish, You may be onto something. Her father was supposedly a Republican and she followed in his footsteps, until she woke up as a raving socialist one morning, so maybe she is talking about her father.

RW_theoriginal on January 28, 2007 at 8:02 PM

Hillary has to put up with evil men…BOOOSH!

Seriously, I figured she meant Ken Starr and the VRWC.

jaleach on January 28, 2007 at 8:05 PM

Thats the problem with something like this. Its far too easy to come up with multiple answers based on your own POV.

It makes it an open ended joke and not a directed one. And that is why she got into breif trouble here.

I think the answer is all of the above. Hilary is only likeable when she plays the victim. And that is why this joke was open ended.

William Amos on January 28, 2007 at 8:07 PM

She meant Obama.

Alex K on January 28, 2007 at 8:10 PM

Will add this is the Modis Operendi for the Clintons. They love to leave a fuzzy veiw of things so you get multiple meanings out of it. Its taking a stand by not taking a stand.

They love to muck up the waters so you can never tell what exactly their point is.

William Amos on January 28, 2007 at 8:11 PM

Jeff on January 28, 2007 at 6:52 PM

Rumor has it that Bubba currently has his Secret Service detail training to prevent Shrillary from throwing him under the campaign bus in 2008.

Really? I didn’t think it was possible for her *swallows hard* “ick-factor” to rise.
Do you suppose poor Monica will have to sign a waiver for that?

NightmareOnKStreet on January 28, 2007 at 8:20 PM

C’mon fella’s get a clue. This incident was purley a gender thing a generalization! Its like Pelosi measuring the drapes. From the suffragett days to the prohibition days to the voting rights ammendment, to abortion, the girls have fought for and won. Beleive me she has her ducks in a row. I remember her going to China for a womens forum while she was first lady. Then the nuclear intelligence breach to the chinese government happened during the Clinton addministration. So now it’s in the hands of the North Koreans and Iranians and thats one of the guns being held to our heads. Thats just the tip of tie iceberg I am sure.

sonnyspats1 on January 28, 2007 at 8:20 PM

RW,

Exactly – She rejected everything about her Goldwater Girl childhood, and I think it was her father that she was rejecting above all. Not that I’m Sigmund Freud or anything.

And don’t forget her hugely obese and dishonest Rodham brother.

Buy Danish on January 28, 2007 at 8:22 PM

She doesn’t answer the question and retorts with a non-sensical statement. Translation: Free air time. Expect more of this emptiness. If we had a proper, functioning press, she’d have been toast years ago, but noooo. They’ll helpfully write the words they think she should have said, so it don’t matter.
The questions we need answered – well there is a wall that cannot be breached.

naliaka on January 28, 2007 at 8:28 PM

Buy Danish,

Of course we’re taking her word for the whole Goldwater Girl thing, for the most part, and even she dropped the “I was named after Edmond Hillary” when she had to put it in writing. I actually believe she meant ALL men.

It’s hard to blame Hugh Rodham though. Once he found out pardons were for sale he decided to sell a few. Good business if you ask me. /sarc

RW_theoriginal on January 28, 2007 at 8:30 PM

Her response was truly pitiful. If this had been a Republican it would be all over the airwaves 24/7 to show what a liar, and poor liar at that, she is.

Ironically she actually appeared uncharacteristically charming when she laughed about evil men in her background. But it’s always the coverup that gets them in the end!

It will be interesting to see who picks this up in the MSM. Fox might – especially Hannity.

Buy Danish on January 28, 2007 at 8:32 PM

Hillary is obvious rambling to try to think of some answer. This was surprising to me as I would have thought she’d be ready for something like that. The audience as a whole is not in a serious mood (check out an expression of a woman in the background); they seem all charged up over being with Hillary. Then as Hillary started her personal background bit, the thought of Bill immediately came into enough minds to start the laughter. It looks like Hill laughed in reaction to them and with them.

Nevertheless, it really is in poor taste to start guffawing about evil and bad men. It was in worse taste to lump the President into that category when she later tried to save the gaffe. Saying the administration has not accomplished anything in six years and bringing out Bin Laden as an example is really such an old liberal chestnut.

She’s going to have to learn to think on her feet a whole lot faster than that.

Real reassuring for a candidate who want to establish some “gravitas” in her

INC on January 28, 2007 at 8:38 PM

sonnyspats1 on January 28, 2007 at 8:20 PM

I totally agree. The Whitewater/Ken Starr thing was smoke & mirrors. The real crime was selling our country’s security and national defense to the Chinese. The real damage of the Clinton presidency will not be known for decades. That’s why putting Bubba back in the White House for another bite at the apple is a bad idea. Even if he is just there as the First Dawg. (Dagnabbit! My apologies to my childhood cartoon hero, Deputy Dawg and all the other dogs I may have offended with this botched joke)

NightmareOnKStreet on January 28, 2007 at 8:41 PM

I think poor taste runs in the family. Here’s a photo of Hugh and Bill.

Hugh could guest star on The Sopranos looking like that.

Buy Danish on January 28, 2007 at 8:43 PM

Speaking of Hannity, tonight is when he’s supposed to run the original scene from Path To 9/11. Now we can see if it’s the same one Allah posted the other day here.

RW_theoriginal on January 28, 2007 at 8:44 PM

didn’t finish…

Real reassuring for a candidate who want to establish some “gravitas” in her image of ability to deal with terrorists.

By saying in poor taste to laugh about evil and bad men, I know in context people in groups laugh at things that afterwards seem inappropriate. I’m really talking about her not taking the audience and by her demeanor turn it into a more somber mood by reflecting seriously on what was said.

Honestly, I think she’s still giddy with thinking, look at me, I finally get to run for President!

INC on January 28, 2007 at 8:44 PM

RW,

Come to think of it, the late night comedy shows should have a field day with her Freudian slip.

Buy Danish on January 28, 2007 at 8:52 PM

Buy Danish,

Let’s hope, but I wouldn’t hold me breath. Nice picture up ^ ^ there. It may be the only golf course picture in existence that makes Bill look slim and trim.

RW_theoriginal on January 28, 2007 at 8:55 PM

I believe that this is another example of how open ended jokes depend on the perspective of the listener. I am a conservative from a red state (Georgia) and I thought that she was referring to Bush. Yet, when I showed this to my wife who is a liberal from California, she thought that Hillary was talking about Bill.

dawgyear on January 28, 2007 at 8:57 PM

Well, at least I don’t feel like I’m alone in this.

But I have to say again, I don’t think that Hillary was intending any slam toward Bill… It’s the crowd reaction that caused her to laugh and I think it was because, like me and many others here, immediately thought of Bill as that “evil and bad” man from her “background” that “equips” her to deal with them. She was repeating a question, and (I think uninentionally) set up a joke that got. How else could she react to the crowd?

At any rate, again I don’t think her intention was to make the joke, but I’m still leaning in the direction of “Bill”, as to why the crowd laughed, and what “it” was all about. For me, it still comes back to her referring to her “background”… He explanation doesn’t mean sh**. She’s a liar (a requirement if you’re going to put a “(D)” next to your name). Why should I believe her excuses on this, when she’s already flip-flopped on it? (Next excuse will be that she was “gulping for air” like she did when she heard the shocking news that Bill had cheated on her… something she never had a clue about until he admitted it)

RightWinged on January 28, 2007 at 9:29 PM

I studied tapes of Hillary feigning surprise at hearing about Monica to help me look surprised upon learning that she’s running.

This^^^ line from Ann Coulter’s latest column is even funnier in light of this brouhaha.

If she truly was the smartest woman on the planet she would have claimed she was thinking of Richard Nixon, and since she was on the Watergate committee it would have been somewhat plausible.

Buy Danish on January 28, 2007 at 9:43 PM

Interesting excerpt…

Some said afterward they thought she was referring to her suffering with a philandering husband. Others thought it was meant to conjure up people like President Bush or former House Speaker Newt Gingrich.

Either way, Clinton apparently sensed that it seemed oddly inappropriate for a question about Iran and North Korea to end up a televised laugh fest.

“On a slightly more serious note,” Clinton said, “I believe that a lot in my background and a lot in my public life shows the character and toughness that is required.”

The audience response and Clinton’s own contradictory comments later in the day were unscripted moments in a two-day swing that underscored both her strengths and vulnerabilities as she jumps into the battle for the 2008 Democratic presidential nomination.

The very nature of the crowd’s laughing response to the notion of Clinton and bad men was reminiscent of the empathy many Americans had for her when her husband was caught having an affair with a White House aide. Yet it also served as a reminder that the scandal will follow her.

Facing reporters later, Clinton at first insisted she was thinking only of the serious issues she would face from international threats. Asked again, she said she was thinking about how Bush has failed to produce favorable results in the last six years.

Asked a third time later in the news conference, Clinton acknowledged she was trying to draw a laugh.

“I thought I was funny,” she said. “I get a little funny, and now I’m being psychoanalyzed.”

Told that some in the audience laughed at the thought of Bill Clinton, she said, “Oh, come on. I don’t think anybody in there thought that.”

RightWinged on January 28, 2007 at 9:48 PM

The Pantsuit Knows Evil.

Who knows? Maybe she had a chat with Juanita Broaddrick. Or some dialogue with Kathleen Willey. Or perhaps a conversation with Sally Perdue.

JammieWearingFool on January 28, 2007 at 10:03 PM

That unbelievable statement is what clinched it for me that she was lying. Indeed, it proves once again that she is a “congenital liar”.

Buy Danish on January 28, 2007 at 10:11 PM

I see that this story is now the headline on Drudge, so I’m betting it will make the late nite comedy circuit.

Buy Danish on January 28, 2007 at 10:18 PM

She meant ALL men.

aero on January 28, 2007 at 10:24 PM

I wouldn’t have thought she was thinking of Bill at all, but it seems from the audience reaction that is who they were thinking of. I don’t know why they would have laughed like that about “our leadership.” They seemed to think there was some sort of irony in the question.

tikvah on January 28, 2007 at 10:25 PM

She said “In my background”. Now think about what she didn’t say, she didn’t say professional or career, she said background. And that silly look at the end is like when women take a dig at their husband or someone close to them. It wasn’t a serious thing or something passionate, like it would have been if it was toward Bush.

It has already been predicted by others, she will divorce him before ’08 or shortly after the election.

- The Cat

MirCat on January 28, 2007 at 10:27 PM

Ya gotta love the photo of the vid on the cover….especially the guy licking his chops behind her.

Limerick on January 28, 2007 at 10:29 PM

I’m not getting why people think this refers to Bill. I was thinking the VRWC when I saw it.

frankj on January 28, 2007 at 10:43 PM

I guess. Doesn’t really matter; the point is that whomever she is referring to, they are American politicians. And she has just lumped them in with OBL as “bad and evil men”.

She’s f*cking nutty, but this is what we’ve been getting from the left for years…

Jaibones on January 28, 2007 at 10:58 PM

Whomever she meant, it was stupid.

At one point she said something that this president didn’t find ObL, implying that she’ll find him, heh!…Later about how she’s accused of being too stern, and then tries to make a joke, and then is accused of not making a good joke. Lame all around. What’s there to joke about mean men, no matter whom she had in mind?

Her handlers will spin this for weeks, into 1001 versions.

Assuming she’d move into the Oval Office:

- old table or new table?
- which table?
- old carpet or new carpet?
- humidor or no humidor?
- secretary/assistant or not?

- wardrobe consultant with congruence? – honora

Entelechy on January 28, 2007 at 11:19 PM

Good God. Whatever she meant, the people took it as Bill before she got the words out of her mouth. If you ask me I think she lost it for a second and actually wanted to get that personal–”You all know what I’ve had to deal with in ‘bad men’” kind of deal–notice she added “bad” after the questioner had apparently only said “evil.” Then had to backtrack because of course she couldn’t be caught dissing Bill like that.

For the record, AP, I reluctantly agreed with you about Kerry’s stupid crap, but in this case you’re forgetting about the fury of the woman scorned …

Honestly? I hate to disagree with Entelechy but I thought it was funny. I thought she cracked into the personal and bonded with anybody who had the least sympathy for her over her husband’s outrages. Then had to cover it up, of course.

Who am I to say? Nobody. But if I’d been there I would’ve assumed Bill, and I would’ve laughed too.

Anwyn on January 28, 2007 at 11:35 PM

Yep.

Anwyn on January 28, 2007 at 11:40 PM

I found it insulting that she said she’d recently been to Afghanistan, and then cravenly reminded everybody that W “still hasn’t found ubl”. Pinhead.

Not once did she acknowledge any of the good that the US has done (and is doing) there. Nor how we now have NATO forces helping to mop up the taliban. Wonder why?

If ubl was actually dead right now, it would not materially change a thing. Hey, Hill, we’re stacking jihadis like firewood. Please shut up and let our outstanding military win this friggin’ war.

Oh and I heard her on TV tonight saying how this was Bush’s war and he can’t leave it for the next occupant of the White House to fix. He has to end it before his Presidency ends. Nonsense.

We’re at the beginning of a multi-generational conflict
and hillery wants to run away, hide, and ignore it. Good luck with that hill.

techno_barbarian on January 28, 2007 at 11:43 PM

Oh and I thought that hil was definitely intending clenis in her ‘joke’. No matter what she said later.

The nakedness of her deceit.

I’ve heard some say she’s too smart a politician to make a mistake like that. I don’t think she’s smart at all. The MSM will protect her; and she, like her husband and their party, will not suffer consequences for her actions.

techno_barbarian on January 28, 2007 at 11:50 PM

We’re at the beginning of a multi-generational conflict
and hillery wants to run away, hide, and ignore it. Good luck with that hill.

techno_barbarian on January 28, 2007 at 11:43PM

That reminds me… something I didn’t think about at first… We KNOW that Bill Clinton passed on UBL NUMEROUS TIMES. Who the hell is she to jump on the “we still haven’t gotten Bin Laden” bandwagon!?

And still glad to see that more people agree, I don’t feel so crazy now. And Drudge (on Drudge radio) opened tonight saying the exact same thing… in his mind she was clearly talking about Bill, and isn’t buying her BS postgame spin.

RightWinged on January 29, 2007 at 12:02 AM

You know, Drudge really must not like her.

To put that headline HOW DO I DEAL WITH EVIL MEN? with that picture of her looking really silly, does not make her look like a candidate who CAN deal with evil men.

Like I said earlier, I think she and her supporters are still riding a giddy high that the long-awaited campaign has finally, officially started.

INC on January 29, 2007 at 12:08 AM

Sen. Robert Byrd compares Bush to Hermann Goering and the Nazis. Hillary Clinton accuses him of “turning back the clock on the 20th century … systematically weakening the democratic tradition. … There has never been an administration more intent upon consolidating and abusing power.” Sen. Ted Kennedy charges that “no president in America’s history has done more damage to our country than George W. Bush.”

A KKK lifelong member…..

“I’m sorry, I don’t recall, I don’t recall, I don’t recall, I don’t recall”, times X1000 regarding FBI files, getting people fired, suicides, murders, …. you remember the glory days of the 90′s, don’t you????

The “swimmer” who actually took another human life, and did everthing possibe to cover it up…….

These people actually think with the new world “media” they can get away with this, this time……

I geuss we shall see…

PinkyBigglesworth on January 29, 2007 at 1:13 AM

Here is the question to ask…..

“Regardless of how you think of, or might have, or have even, dealt with “Bad Men”….

Have you ever been in the situation where you might have to fire a weapon………

Have you ever fired a weapon?

Have you ever been trained to fire any weapon. at a human target?

Do you know what it takes to maintain a weapon?

Have you ever stod a post, wearing a weapon?

Have you ever had to make the decesion to pull and use a weapon to save your, or other’s lives???

Have you ever been second guessed for your using your weapon to save yours, and other’s lives…

While serving as First Lady, under your husband’s President-Ship……. he gave pardon to multi fleons and terrorists that used weapons in their crimes, and some American Citizens are dead while they eat lobster and drink fine wine……… and you think this is OK?

and the final question Mz. Clinton…..

“Have you ever, in your life, used drugs, and since you could “not recall” your abuse of FBI files while being first lady…… why could any American parent trust you with the future of this society????”

{CRICKETS CHIRPING}

PinkyBigglesworth on January 29, 2007 at 1:47 AM

I just forced myself to listen to the clip agian….

I’m sorry, I was wrong…. Please Mz. Clinton, keep on talking, get out there with the masses, keep making speach after speeaach, after speeeeeeaaaaaach….. don’t stop, I will even give you money, {am I the only one who heard the finger nails on the chalk board and finally saw her face show the true soul behind the mask????????}

Let’s have a conversation………

PinkyBigglesworth on January 29, 2007 at 2:07 AM

In addition to your questions Pinky, I’d like to ask her what (if anything) she knows about the Sandy Berger pants/socks files.

RightWinged on January 29, 2007 at 2:24 AM

RightWinged on January 29, 2007 at 2:24 AM

A very proper question…..

As well as, “Where is the fence?”

PinkyBigglesworth on January 29, 2007 at 2:27 AM

My humble prediction: the crazy-angry-bitter-vengeful bee-yatch won’t last until Nov 08.

She’ll have a Meltdown, and even legions of D.C. media whores won’t be able to prop her up

the Pantsuit bites the dust
the Pantsuit bites the dust……

Janos Hunyadi on January 29, 2007 at 3:36 AM

I’m with shooter on this one:

Communication occurs in the mind of the RECEIVER. She might have meant W or the right, but the entire room, and the world, will think of her cheatin’ liar of a hubby, SLICK WILLY!!!

It was the smile that gave it away, IMHO.

georgej on January 29, 2007 at 4:59 AM

Ann Coulter’s column (cited above) ended with the following line:

“As long as Democrats keep insisting that only warriors can discuss war, how about telling the chick to butt out?”

As she points out, unlike Kerry, Hillary doesn’t even have FAKE purple hearts.

georgej on January 29, 2007 at 5:08 AM

Let’s have a conversation!

If she meant bin Laden, Ken Starr or W then why the laugh?
She was talking about Bubba.

The more media exposure of this White Oprah the better.

shermacman on January 29, 2007 at 7:15 AM

No question about it, she’s talking about Bill. Any other answer is delusional thinking.

The woman is a man-hating political amazon and would just as soon snap off every mans testicles as say anything positive about them. (men)

Her entire campaign will be to show how tough and sensitive she can be….a velvet hammer so to speak.

csdeven on January 29, 2007 at 8:51 AM

Will no one in the MSM ask if she intends to return the silverware if elected?

bloviator on January 29, 2007 at 10:26 AM

Chillary had better stick to listening and shelve the talking. She’s not in New York anymore.

Wow, first time out there with the folks and the smartest woman in the world gets her tongue flapping before her brain’s engaged, accidentally rips her unfaithful perverted husband and then has to chime in with the laughter of the audience, pretending she mean’t to say that.

Note: Audience smarter than Presidential candidate.

Ready Terry McCauliffe ….. spin it, like the whirling dervish you’re paid to be.

fogw on January 29, 2007 at 11:02 AM

he’s gonna die from whirling brain disease before ’07 even ends.

shooter on January 29, 2007 at 11:30 AM

Whomever thinks she meant anyone other than Bill is some kind of political freak. jeez.

Griz on January 29, 2007 at 11:43 AM

Hillary reminds me more and more of Martha Stewart.

Entelechy on January 29, 2007 at 1:51 PM

Martha Stewart couldn’t politic her way out of a trial. Hillary has done that many times already, and likely to many more.

I finally broke down and watched the “Hillary sings” clip. Now when someone refers to Shrillary as tone deaf, they need to define which realm they are speaking of, political or musical. My ears still hurt.

Freelancer on January 29, 2007 at 5:44 PM

Allahpundit you have missed the boat again. Hillary admitted she was trying to draw a laugh. So what then was she talking about? The only commical awnser to the question is her husband. Surely if she believes Bush or the right wing are evil there is nothing at all funny about that, it would be a serious comment.

Resolute on January 29, 2007 at 6:48 PM

. . . and what in my background equips me to deal . . .

*fractional pause as she senses the pile she’s about to UNINTENTIONALLY step into*

. . .with . . .

*another hesitation as she sees it clearly now*

. . .evil and bad men?

The UNINTENDED implication hits the audience who busts some large guffaws.

Then Mrs Clinton relaxes and laughs along with the obvious BUT UNINTENDED joke.

Watch the tape full resolution, large TV – it’s written on her face.

The more interesting facet of this episode is watching the “consumate politician” scramble for a graceful explanation.

First she “was trying to be funny”. No she wasn’t – it was a funny verbal gaffe she’s now trying to spin as a deliberate effort at humor.

Next she was really trying to make reference to other “evil and bad men”. That’s actually probably true, but her evolving deception is to pretend the audience – and SHE – didn’t recognize the accidental reference to Bill.

C’mon girl, admit it! You slipped and it was embarassing but funny. Be up front about it and everyone thinks you’re refreshingly real. Unfortunately you missed the chance.

Now, move along everyone, nothing to see here!

The Ritz on January 29, 2007 at 7:28 PM

I have watched and re watched this vid, and it seems to me that Hillary stumbled unintentionally into a great joke. I don’t believe that she intended to be referencing Bill, but when the audience broke into laughter at the OBVIOUS, she went with it and laughed herself. I gotta say that I have never seen her look more natural and appealing! She actually seemed human!

Teal on January 29, 2007 at 7:34 PM

Thank you Teal, I rest my case.

The Ritz on January 29, 2007 at 7:37 PM

The Ritz on January 29, 2007 at 7:28PM

Basically what I’ve been trying to say all along, but much more clear. Thanks The Ritz. You win the thread.

RightWinged on January 29, 2007 at 8:19 PM

Former Governor Mike Huckabee from Arkansas was on meet the press yesterday. He made it official that he is doing an exploratory into a possible Presidential bid. I must say the Irishman was asking all the tough questions, and Huckabee was like a sewing machine he didn’t miss a stitch. I need to take a closer look at this guy, he seems promising.

sonnyspats1 on January 29, 2007 at 8:20 PM