Video: Jimmy Carter “apologizes” for being a Palestinian suicide bombing apologist

posted at 10:04 pm on January 24, 2007 by Ian

Jimmy Carter apologized — infront of a Jewish audience — for this passage from his new book:

carter-quote.jpg

He says it was “worded in a completely improper and stupid way” and adds he has “apologized to many audiences.” Alan Dershowitz isn’t buying it, as you will see at the conclusion of the video.

Comments

I think Jimmy Carter was truly the greatest president for me, personally. After four years of him I realized just how reprehensible Liberals are. I was young, stupid, ignorant. Jimmy showed me the errors of my ways.

shermacman on January 24, 2007 at 10:08 PM

“…for which I have apologized to many audiences.” Name one, Jimmy. That’s not an apology, it’s taqiyya.

Bryan on January 24, 2007 at 10:11 PM

Carter said the charges (liar, plagiarist, anti-Semite) hurt. Did he attempt to deny them?

aunursa on January 24, 2007 at 10:12 PM

Since when is an apology worded “I have apologized”?

CookeyD on January 24, 2007 at 10:13 PM

“… for which I apologized to many audiences. But I’m not apologizing to you, you pack of, um … “

laelaps on January 24, 2007 at 10:14 PM

Boy in his opening line he sure remembered all the names he’s been called by his critics saying I have been hurt by them. This guy is in his own time zone. Thats why the country embraced Ronald Regan so. He was the great communicator. This is the same reason Barak has become a ‘rock star’and rocketed into the national spotlight. He is the Democratic Ronald Regan, which makes GW Bush the Republican Jimmy Carter.of public speaking. PS Go pound peanuts Jimmy you traitor.

sonnyspats1 on January 24, 2007 at 10:18 PM

Jimmy Carter apologizes for being a Palestinian suicide bombing apologist

– Whatever!

Emmett J. on January 24, 2007 at 10:19 PM

Jimmy Carter, 2nd worst President after James Buchanan… but still attempting to get that #1 position.

sad. (He seems like a nice old man, but his incompetence has doomed an unknown number of individuals.)

Jones Zemkophill on January 24, 2007 at 10:19 PM

Thye damage he has done to not only our country , but the entire world as a terrorist enabler, should earn him a spot in hell with saddam..

retired on January 24, 2007 at 10:25 PM

Emmett, good point. Title changed.

Ian on January 24, 2007 at 10:26 PM

HAHA!!

Honestly folks I think he is going senile.

Theworldisnotenough on January 24, 2007 at 10:35 PM

Yeah Jimmy is my friend…..Presidio San Francisco 1979…..driving over to the Embacadero to pick up 50 loaves of fresh baked bread. Loading them into the back of a Military Police sedan. Hightailing it across the bay to Travis AFB. Passing em off to a AF load master on a C-141. Enroute to one of Ros’ dinner parties. Then going home and following Jimmy’s advice….put on more sweaters and turning off the heat cause America was in a ‘malaise’. Made me right proud it did.

Limerick on January 24, 2007 at 10:37 PM

“He looked hurt, defiant, and charming”. *Vomit Alert* However, Dershowitz’s response that “it all depends on who donates to the Carter Center” to the question of why Carter changes his tune in front of different audiences was priceless.

thedecider on January 24, 2007 at 10:37 PM

I love when he mentions that he’s a born again Christian. The day of judgment will be one of great disappointment for you, Jimmy.

PRCalDude on January 24, 2007 at 10:39 PM

The nicest thing anyone could say about Wolf Blitzer is he’s putz.

Jimmie Carter became President because Gerald Ford was not elected to the office and because Ford was a Republican.

Jimmie had a deeply flawed personality then and as he grows older his flaws are just are that much more exposed to the public.

He had no clue that his job performance was horrible and it’s unlikely he has the ability to accept that fact now either.
Jimmie is the coworker that’s in shock because he was let go for substandard work even though he had been told over and over.
Imagine if Hillary did a campaign commercial that ended with a close up, a toothy grin and the words “trust me”

Speakup on January 24, 2007 at 10:59 PM

I still can’t look at Wolf without seeing him in a dress, but I digress……. Hey, “Jimmy”, is this the only thing you want to apologize for?

PinkyBigglesworth on January 24, 2007 at 10:59 PM

Charming?!

I don’t know what that woman has been smoking but she should pass it around. Jeez.

Laura on January 24, 2007 at 11:12 PM

It is Jimmy Carter’s parents who owe the world an apology.

hillbillyjim on January 24, 2007 at 11:19 PM

Jimmy Carter “apologizes” for being a Palestinian suicide bombing apologist

Apology not accepted, you anti-Semitic, terrorist-enabling, Communist dictator-kissing, America-undermining old bastard.

ReubenJCogburn on January 24, 2007 at 11:24 PM

“It all boils down to who contributes to the Carter Insitute”
— Alan Dershowitz

Exactly right.

Carter is a bought and paid for enabler of the terrorists. He has his 30 pieces of silver – he should STFU.

CrazyFool on January 25, 2007 at 12:09 AM

Crocodile Dundee Audience says should have shouted: “That’s no knife apology. This is a knife an apology.”

Entelechy on January 25, 2007 at 12:19 AM

Bigot = No
Anti-Semite = No
Wrong-headed = Yes

asc85 on January 25, 2007 at 12:20 AM

Bryan on January 24, 2007 at 10:11 PM

Very true. It truly makes me sick to my stomach knowing that this man served as president of this great country. I wish the guy would just go live in the Middle East – everybody would be much happier (and he could finally come out of the closet by finally declaring to the world his hate for America)

Rick on January 25, 2007 at 12:25 AM

In the 70’s America wanted to elect someone not connected to the previous controversy. The embassy hostage affair was a fresh helping of national pain. When Dessert One aborted the rescue mission, we had to endure, paper tiger this, and, death to America that. Carter made US look weak. And the economy sucked really bad. He was possibly the worst President ever. Reagan changed everything and American life improved dramatically. I can’t listen to Carter talk without remembering what a drag he was of a prez.

Buck Turgidson on January 25, 2007 at 12:27 AM

Did Carter actually say this is the first time he’s been called a liar? He’s not too “in touch,” is he?

eagles5 on January 25, 2007 at 12:33 AM

Can he pull off a better apology? The fool wouldn’t leave the White House during the hostage crisis in Iran.

Weakling.

Black Adam on January 25, 2007 at 1:00 AM

Ian,

Thanks!

Also, thanks for posting this – it’s important that more know about Jimmy’s real agenda and “Who made Who” (apparently not just a snazzy title of an AC/DC tune)!

Best wishes for a good night.

Emmett J. on January 25, 2007 at 1:24 AM

After I learned that this miserable excuse for a President’s latest “best seller” was bought and paid for with Arab money, I didn’t need Alan Dershowitz’ explanation to recognize that Jimmy Carter is as anti-Semitic as they come. What’s even sadder is seeing folks like Wesley Clark pick up the cry, yet no one in the MSM says a word about it. (Even FOX ignored the story.)

SpartRan on January 25, 2007 at 1:33 AM

Read it if you can stomach all of it:

Link

yo on January 25, 2007 at 3:11 AM

Bigot = No
Anti-Semite = No
Wrong-headed = Yes

asc85 on January 25, 2007 at 12:20 AM

Could we please stop the use of wrong headed, along with at the end of the day?

R D on January 25, 2007 at 3:17 AM

“hurt, defiant, and charming…”

WHAT??? Who is this asskissing blond bimbo?

He wasn’t charming — HE WAS SCARD TO DEATH to find that he wasn’t in front of an asskissing liberal audience that was equally anti-Semitic as he is.

If Carter wishes to apologize, he should apologize first for his incompetence and cowardly presidency. He owes America for out of control inflation, 16% mortgage rates. the 1979 oil embargo. And for starting the Islamofascist war against us over the ousted Shah. He owes an apology to each and every member of the Embassy in Tehran that he let be imprisoned for 444 days because he was too cowardly and incompetent to go after the Ayatollah. Then he should apologize for giving away the Panama Canal.

And Jimmuh owes an apology for EVERY American since killed by Hezbollah and Iran, starting with the Marines and Embassy staffers killed in Beirut. Why? Because he was too cowardly to do the right thing in 1979 when the current President of Iran (at the orders of Khomeini) invaded sovereign US territory and held diplomats captive against international law.

In feudal Japan, when a leader wished to apologize for his errors, he also apologized to his ancestors by seppuku. Too bad Jimmuh isn’t Japanese.

georgej on January 25, 2007 at 3:45 AM

Since when is an apology worded “I have apologized”?

CookeyD, I want to take this opportunity to go one step further, and address a pet peeve of mine:

Using the words “I/We apologize” is not an apology. The word ‘apologize’ is a description of the act, not the act itself. Saying that you have apologized is an order of magnitude worse.

An apology goes something like this:

I’m/We’re sorry that ______ happened, and that I/we contributed to it happening. I/We made a mistake, which I/we will try very hard not to repeat.

/rant

The Monster on January 25, 2007 at 10:11 AM

Carter is the perfect example of what a tin hatted leftist loon is all about. They do not want to know the truth about anything. They are only interested in their “truth”. Carter is a poor fool made wealthy by others and without any real intelligence into the bargain. I hope Alan keeps up the heat.

sharinlite on January 25, 2007 at 11:16 AM

The more I hear this man that more I feel he aided the Iranian Revolution; if in no other way than Sgt. Shultz ignoring what he was seeing.

– The Cat

MirCat on January 25, 2007 at 12:49 PM

I was in the military when Carter was screwing the USA,,, when Reagan was elected morale jumped 800 % !!

retired on January 25, 2007 at 1:02 PM

retired on January 25, 2007 at 1:02 PM
And the embassy hostages were on a plane for home the next day. I could’nt believe it at the time. They were smart not to mess with Reagan.

Buck Turgidson on January 25, 2007 at 1:15 PM

Pandering, huh, so that’s what it means!

Kini on January 25, 2007 at 1:19 PM

Anti-Semite = No

One could argue, I suppose, whether Jimmy Carter is an anti-Semite on the basis of this one book. It’s when you take into account decades of this sort of thing, that the pattern begins to emerge. He’s similar to Pat Buchanan, in that respect; each column or speech alone doesn’t do it; but why is it that in every freakin’ speech about the Middle East, he gets around to “neo-cons,” and “the Israel lobby,” or the “Amen corner” if he doesn’t harbor some kind of animus? Israel can’t always be wrong, can it? Yes, in the eyes of an anti-Semite.

smellthecoffee on January 25, 2007 at 1:51 PM

“It all comes down to who donates to the Carter center”…Ouch! Atta boys go to Dershowitz. It’s the first time being called a liar, a bigot, and an anti-semite? Hey Jimmy, welcome to the conservative club. We’ve taken this abuse from you “tolerant” liberals for thirty years. The difference? You’ve earned it with your actions and words. We don’t earn it, we just disagree with the libs……

ritethinker on January 25, 2007 at 2:09 PM

i’d like to see the tome of international law that he’s talking about that these sub-human fanatical animals will adhere to… otherwise, the wretch of a human being known as the worst president this country has had the pleasure of supporting needs to account for his defense of nazi’s white and arab both..

Asmodeus on January 25, 2007 at 9:44 PM