Khadimiyah Dismounted Patrol

Previous Baghdad video reports:

Blanket Drop
Hurriya’s mosques: Still standing
Iraqis speak to America
Reporting from FOB Justice

Download Vent for your iPod

Comments

Building a democracy one cup of chai at a time.

“Brick by brick, my citizens, brick by brick.” – Emperor Hadrian, on building Rome

GPE on January 24, 2007 at 9:41 AM

It seems that Michelle is doing what our mainstream media will not do, that is, showing how well our forces and Iraqi forces get along and that it is not all bombs and death every hour of every day.
It has been widely speculated that the Iraqi Police are highly corrupted with Sadr militia and perhaps the policemen came over to spy, but that is the chance our troops must take in order to try and build an United States friendly country in the middle east.
The Liberals just do not understand how important this fight is to the security of the U.S. and our future. I have emailed with a dozen or so of our troops who scoff at the Democrats who presume to speak for them and want to bring them home. Much like Michelle has reported in the talk show circuit since her return.
***Keep the videos from your trip coming, they are very interesting and we must show the other side of Iraq, the Iraq that the mainstream liberal media will not.
God Bless you, Michelle, God Bless our Troops, and GOD BLESS THE UNITES STATES of AMERICA!!!

BeauMec17 on January 24, 2007 at 9:46 AM

I’ve learned more from Michelle in the past few days than I have from the Mainstream Media in all of the years of this war.

Verbal Abuse on January 24, 2007 at 9:55 AM

Very informative! Seeing this doesn’t make me feel so bad about paying my taxes. Well, less bad.

Drtuddle on January 24, 2007 at 10:34 AM

Verbal Abuse on January 24, 2007 at 9:55 AM

Ditto. I was thinking precisely the same thing.
Michelle this is your BEST post yet!
Regardless of what happens in Iraq, if this kind of reporting continues from independent bloggers like Michelle and Bryan, the death of the MSM is assured.

CyberCipher on January 24, 2007 at 10:43 AM

Michelle/Bryan – Thank you for another illuminating report. This is the type of reporting that is lacking in too much of American media.

MCPO Airdale on January 24, 2007 at 11:12 AM

Great Vent Michelle! Wow! I cannot help but wonder what public opinion of Iraq, and our involvement there, would be if they had been exposed to this type of factual reporting along with the MSM’s propaganda.

What a different picture from what the MSM puts out. Listening to the MSM one would think all of Iraq was a flaming warzone filled with American hating insurgents who wait at every corner for a chance to kill, kill, kill.

Although it is clear that there is violence and probelms in Iraq the degree to which this is the case is put into perspective in your reporting. I really wish Fox had put you in the field long ago to tell these stories.

omegaram on January 24, 2007 at 11:21 AM

EXCEPTIONAL!

MM and Bryan..all I can say is that the MSM’s loss is our gain! The great thing about the blogospher and the internet is that YOU can reach many, many more people than the MSM! This site and all its info/commentary/debate IS doing valuable work.
THANK YOU for going to Iraq and reporting things we SHOULD be hearing every nite on TV. THANK YOU for your relentless efforts on the Troop’s behalf. THANK YOU for just “getting on with it” even tho your luggage got lost. THANK YOU for your determination to spread the TRUTH!

labwrs on January 24, 2007 at 12:04 PM

The thing I love about Michelle et al’s reporting is that she doesn’t sugarcoat the bad nor does she minumize the good.

Another reason Bill O should give her more time on air. I wonder if Bill would give her more air time if a lot of us emailed him and asked him to?

csdeven on January 24, 2007 at 12:05 PM

Eyes watered with pride. This truly shows the professionalism involved. God Bless troops and you.

Thank you for the straight forward informative news! The kind of news our MSM traitors Dhimmitude fools refuse to show.

One cup at a time.

Timber Wolf on January 24, 2007 at 1:15 PM

Another outstanding report from Brian & MM.

It is unfortunate that the seditious msm refuses to even acknowledge reports such as yours.

The coalition soldier, the folks back home, and tragically, the Iraqi peolple are those who suffer most when the msm would rather vomit the festering puss of their BDS than tell the truth!!

But, hey. They can always watch rubbin’ rosie.

Bravo, HOTAIR.
Thank God for good folks like you.

locomotivebreath1901 on January 24, 2007 at 2:23 PM

I had wondered, if while on patrol, do they stop and buy anything at the shops, like the Chai, or one of those fresh tomatoes.

I noticed the shimagah on the one cop, there.

Mazztek on January 24, 2007 at 2:27 PM

In this world of instant gratification, it’s difficult to convince people to be patient.

Unfortunately, fighting a war isn’t like making microwave popcorn, we can’t just push a few buttons, listen to some rapid fire pops, and then enjoy the rewards for our “labor”.

This lesson really needs to be hammered home to the everyday American citizen. Since the media refuses to tell it like it is, it’s up to the president to use his influence to do it for them.

Jewels on January 24, 2007 at 3:26 PM

Maybe I seen too many movies or think everything is a conspiracy, how do we know if any food bought there isn’t poisoned? I am not there or ever been there, just thinking from a person looking in.

StuLongIsland on January 24, 2007 at 5:38 PM

Excellent reporting.

infidel on January 24, 2007 at 5:43 PM

It looks to me like the only way to loose is to withdraw.

On another note, I’m having a hard time seeing how Baghdad is any more dangerous then say Tiajauna. The army just confiscated all the police unit’s guns because they are mostly criminals. If it is in our national security interests to rebuild Iraq fine. But that is on the other side of globe. I’m not following whatever metrics are used to determine a foreign powers imortance to out national security.
Mexico:
an unsecured border with US, check
recent disputed elections, check
widespread police corruption, check
human rights abuses, check
decapitated bodies turn up on a regular basis, check
the Mexican gov’t attempts to affect internal US policies, check

This is less important then Iraq and the most important thing is making sure the border stays open for trade?

Resolute on January 24, 2007 at 6:50 PM

Ever notice a stunning lack of TROLLS on the VENT thread?

Like fresh air and daylight on their thin little vampire moonbat skin, I suppose. Coinkydink?

KEEP IT UP GUYS!

seejanemom on January 24, 2007 at 7:58 PM

If you want to see Khadhimiya from the Iraqi perspective, go take a look at the documentary “Blood of My Brother.” This is the same neighborhood Michelle visited. This documentary helps you get into the head of the natives. Here is my review of it.

Tantor on January 24, 2007 at 8:08 PM

Finally. The nitty gritty on progress in Iraq. The intel seems light years ahead of our very first encounters with the Iraqi populus. The first reporting of the war by imbedded reporters was embarassing. There was alot of confusion and chaos. there was a terrible language and culture barrier. I like how now the individual people are readily recognized, even the Mahadi spies and roaming mlitia. One thing I did notice as the patrol was dismounting their vehilc, one soldier was lagging behind. Buck up private Malkin!

sonnyspats1 on January 24, 2007 at 9:06 PM

Excellent report; superb. I think it should be clear to all who visit this site that y’all are THE.BEST. No doubt.

I can tell our guys have good intel officers on the job. Looking over the crowd, reading body language, identifying those who don’t exactly fit (like the teen you pointed out and the clowns on the scooters, even the “plain clothes” police) are a key element of victory in this low intensity phase of this war on islamofacism. Civic action (as it use to be called), winning the hearts and minds, is now key to this effort and will swing the momentum to our favor.

I’m glad you both are home now; I think there was real danger present on that walk about.

Zorro on January 24, 2007 at 9:39 PM

Another great window into the truth on the ground in Iraq. Each Vent more fascinating than the last. I’m beginning to think I’d watch you guys look for your lost luggage. Seriously, great report, thanks. New media rules!

Buck Turgidson on January 24, 2007 at 11:55 PM

One thing is for sure…

If the US ever has to do another “Somalia” PK Mission, the Army will be ready. While Iraq is about as hard as it can be, one can only hope that a desperate people in a troubled land may be easier.

The biggest problem in Iraq is the “revelation” that help can turn hostile. Mogadishu is NOT a similar case. Playing patty cake with the warlords was the big mistake there.

So don’t hold your breath for ANY assistance for Darfur. While the victims should have the memory of their misery fresh in their minds, who knows what is in their hearts.

That Islam makes people crazy. Good is bad, right is wrong, friend is foe, heaven is hell…

Agrippa2k on January 25, 2007 at 7:17 AM