Video: The terror attack that wasn’t

posted at 4:19 pm on January 23, 2007 by Allahpundit

The scene: the London Tube, July 21, 2005, two weeks to the day after the bombings. The man in the background in the blue sweatshirt is Ramzi Mohammed; the woman with the baby carriage standing right next to him is Nadia Baro; the man in the white t-shirt is Angus Campbell.

[Campbell] said there was suddenly a “loud explosion” and he recalled that “my first memory was being cowed. I was crouched in my seat and I remember my arm being over my head.

“The woman opposite was screaming and Mr Mohammed was shouting and screaming and there was an awful lot of smoke in the carriage,” he said…

[Campbell] shouted to him “What have you done, what have you done?”…

Looking nervous and ill at ease Mrs Baro began by recalling how she was busying herself with her nine-month-old son and was preparing to get off at Oval when she heard a bang.

“I noticed the person next to me had a rucksack and something came out of the rucksack and fell on the floor,” she said…

She said she noticed “an oily smell” and added “I was in such a panic because I didn’t know how bombs worked and I thought we were all going to die now.”

We’ve all wondered what it would be like; this is as close as most of us will get. Skip ahead to 1:50 if you’re pressed for time.

Thanks to our pal kasper kasper for ‘Tubing it.

Comments

Watching this makes me so angry! Near tears, angry angry angry.

CrimsonFisted on January 23, 2007 at 4:39 PM

Incidentally, Ramzi Mohammed is alleged to havedeliberately turned his nail-filled backpack toward the woman with the baby carriage.

see-dubya on January 23, 2007 at 4:46 PM

amazing video.

oh, i’m so looking forward to my subway commute home.

thebrokenchair on January 23, 2007 at 5:20 PM

The death penalty is too good for them.

Mallard T. Drake on January 23, 2007 at 5:20 PM

Give that Mo a side of bacon and send him off this mortal coil.

bbz123 on January 23, 2007 at 5:24 PM

I’ve alway’s believed hangman’s nooses would work more efficiently if they were lubricated with bacon fat. Might be a good time to find out.

bdfaith on January 23, 2007 at 5:29 PM

Geez, I hope when the Muslim bombers come to my subway we Americans do not hang back but rather pummel the terrorists into hamburger. It’s just as dangerous to be at the far end of the car as on top of the perp, bomb-wise. Ramzi Mohammed should never have left that train with his teeth nor on his own power. When you are ambushed, the most sound tactic is to attack.

Tantor on January 23, 2007 at 6:00 PM

Am I the only one who can clearly see that this was Bush wearing a mask? His pitchfork and hooves are clearly visible. (and yes, there really are extreme Truthers who believe even the London attacks and failed attacks, etc. etc. are all part of Bush’s illuminati world domination plans)

RightWinged on January 23, 2007 at 6:40 PM

This fireman, Angus Campbell is the face of heroism. What an amazing man! If you watch this, you see something happen and then this man first helps the Mother and child then puts HIS body, HIS LIFE between the bomber and anyone else. GOD BLESS HIM.
Would you be able to do that? He even says in his statement that he was scared and “wanted to run” but the Mother and child were in danger. WOW.

labwrs on January 23, 2007 at 7:00 PM

Is it possible? Could it be? Surely it isn’t! It is! His name is Mohammed!

Kralizec on January 23, 2007 at 7:10 PM

Clearly another isolated incident. ^_^

Mojave Mark on January 23, 2007 at 7:28 PM

Once again, I point out that this guy is a Good Muslim. He is just following in the footsteps of the “great” and faithful Muslims from the past.

Tim Burton on January 24, 2007 at 12:33 AM