On sale now: Star of David keffiyehs

posted at 5:52 pm on January 20, 2007 by Allahpundit

They’ve been on sale for awhile, actually, but for some reason it’s just being reported now. I think the peg is the fact that Urban Outfitters was, until very recently, offering Palestinian suicide-bomb apparel as part of its “anti-war” line. Emphasis on “was”: the item has now been discontinued to the dismay of UO’s New York outlets, which claimed the keffiyeh was their top-selling scarf. I believe them.

Think they’ll carry this version?

“Generations afterward will walk around in the kafiyeh,” Mr. Haim said.

Unlike the black and white scarf favored by the late Mr. Arafat, or the red and white version common in Jordan, the Israeli kafiyeh features sky-blue coloring.

A closer inspection reveals the scarf pattern is actually miniature Stars of David, while border stripes mimic the stripes on the Israeli flag…

“If it was not already locally felt that the Israelis were overtaking all aspects of Palestinian life in order to erase it, chances are that this offensive version of the kafiyeh would not raise more than an eyebrow. Instead, a great deal of offense is being taken,” wrote the Palestinian National News service in a recent article on the Israeli kafiyeh.

But of course it is. One of the designers thinks the sight of Israelis in Arab garb will create a “common denominator” with their neighbors, which is true only insofar as it’ll make for an easier target for rock throwers.

Jewschool has a photo and ordering information. Hot.

Update: You can order it here.

Comments

Hey, I’d buy it (if I had money. Come on, GI bill!). The darn things are supposed to be pretty warm and I need a scarf. Just the thing to send my fellow students and Marxist professors through the ceiling! Then again, I do want to graduate…

Militant Bibliophile on January 20, 2007 at 6:04 PM

Hot, indeed.

I wonder if, for the sake of pandering on his part and laughing at him on ours, Howard Dean might get his picture taken in one of these.

CP on January 20, 2007 at 6:12 PM

I posted about this a few weeks back.

Anyway – here’s a link to the site where you can buy it:

uptight on January 20, 2007 at 6:13 PM

IIf the muslim women can wear BURKINI, then Isreali women can wear Star of David keffiyehs !

sonnyspats1 on January 20, 2007 at 6:16 PM

just search BURKINI you’ll get the links

sonnyspats1 on January 20, 2007 at 6:18 PM

can i burn one instead to make a political point?

Defector01 on January 20, 2007 at 7:06 PM

back to using Charmin toilet tissue

retired on January 20, 2007 at 7:15 PM

sonnyspats1, is this what you meant?

Entelechy on January 20, 2007 at 8:05 PM

I like it, but isn’t that more of a parkini. I’ll have to run this one past my local imam for concensis. I just hope he dosen’t issue a fatwah on the girl !

sonnyspats1 on January 20, 2007 at 8:43 PM

Was just watching the Fox report on Hezbollah guys prosecuted after 9-11 in N Carolina, and the Jewish leftist twit Stanley Cohen that wants to get the little terrorist a new trial, so this fits right in.

G’head, commit suicide, see if we care you freaks.

Jaibones on January 20, 2007 at 9:20 PM

Hey AP,

How come no pictures of the hot model-babes (at both the Jewschool and order sites)?

MarcH on January 21, 2007 at 12:12 PM

Quick, someone explain to me why I should carte if a person who wants to kill me is offended by an article of clothing!

Merovign on January 21, 2007 at 1:08 PM