Video: The world’s greatest Navy recruitment ad

posted at 3:58 pm on January 19, 2007 by Allahpundit

Friday afternoon and nothing’s going on, which means it’s time to break out the stupid. This one almost avoided the content warning, but some of the sound effects are a bit too suggestive. So take caution, turn down your speakers if you’re at work, and observe this, your official content warning.

Comments

Are we at Ace’s place?

Best Grip: William J. Clinton

Too funny!

KelliD on January 19, 2007 at 4:01 PM

You won’t die, unless you party too hard! Now that is a motto I can live up to!

lorien1973 on January 19, 2007 at 4:01 PM

This is so ridiculoulsy funny it wouldn’t surprise me if it became a reality. Especially the credits……….

ritethinker on January 19, 2007 at 4:06 PM

PARTY POSSE is in the house!

Editor on January 19, 2007 at 4:17 PM

…and end with a “matrix”

JetBoy on January 19, 2007 at 4:28 PM

Now that is funny

robo on January 19, 2007 at 4:46 PM

As a Retired Navy Man…

yep…. reminds me of when I was stationed in Hawaii…

and… San Diego…

and… Florida…

Dam… no wonder my marriage didn’t last…

Romeo13 on January 19, 2007 at 4:49 PM

Friday afternoon and nothing’s going on

I beg to differ (slightly)… while it’s not a huge story, we’ve got an armed stand-off in New Hampshire with a guy convicted of tax evasion, who you almost feel for because his complaint is that the IRS doesn’t have the right to tax personal income.

Being in Vermont however, this guy pisses me off. In terms of state taxes, Vermont pays the highest per capita in the nation ($3,600). New Hampshire? 48th ($1,543)!!! New Hampshire’s state/local taxes are some of the LOWEST in the country. Yes I understand this has nothing to do with the IRS, but my point is that this guy should just shut up and pay his federal bill like the rest of us have to do, including us in Vermont who have an enormous state and local tab as well.

It gets worse. Obviously we’re paying more than double (per capita), but did you know NH has more than double the population we do? Our state actually takes in significantly more state tax revenue ($2.24 billion to $2.02 billion). All the while having completely unaffordable insurance rates, a higher poverty rate, and substantially lower median income! (follow link for all the ugly details comparing these 69ing states)

I guess what I’m saying is, New Hampshire(ites?) have got it good and this guy should shut the hell up. AND SOMEONE PLEASE SAVE US FROM THESE CHILD MOLESTER LOVING LIBERALS!

RightWinged on January 19, 2007 at 4:49 PM

Questionable sound effects, scantily clad women… I think we are at Ace’s place. I think I might be offended by all of that exposed skin. Let me watch it 6 or 8 more times and I’ll get back to you.

High Desert Wanderer on January 19, 2007 at 4:49 PM

Hey, I think that’s my “Stuck on Stupid” photoshop.

Cool.

Slublog on January 19, 2007 at 4:51 PM

Hobo Humpin’ Slobo Babe.

The chick is hot.

Scot on January 19, 2007 at 4:56 PM

Have any of you ever seen these “Baby Einstein” tapes? We’ve got one on right now for our daughter, and it’s kind of creepy.

Slublog on January 19, 2007 at 5:03 PM

Looks alot like Pensacola when I was there visiting some Navy buddies :)

ot: My Life (leave a comment)

Lord Nazh on January 19, 2007 at 5:04 PM

“Baby Gaileo” is the best one. and yes they are kinda creepy. But happy baby= happy mommy.

KelliD on January 19, 2007 at 5:05 PM

Very funny…..but..

not to be a party pooper but here is a list of all U.S. Navy ships lost in combat since 1898.

And here is a list of all U.S. Navy accidental losses during the same time frame.

I think the length of the list will surprise most people…

I’m an ex-doggie who owes his fanny to a couple of Navy flyboys……nothing but respect fellas, nothing but respect.

Limerick on January 19, 2007 at 5:05 PM

We’re watching “Language Nursery” at the moment.

There were dolls, with creepy dead doll eyes.

In close up.

Creeeeeepy.

Slublog on January 19, 2007 at 5:07 PM

This one is much funnier than the one SNL did back in the 70s. The tagline at the end of it was, “Navy. It’s not just a job, it’s $1.98 a day.”

USN(ret)

TugboatPhil on January 19, 2007 at 5:13 PM

Great Simpsons reference AP!

budorob on January 19, 2007 at 5:16 PM

Slublog said:

Hey, I think that’s my “Stuck on Stupid” photoshop.

It’s probably on ebaumsworld too, with one of their copyright logos slapped on it as well. They are notorious for stealing content from everyone on the web and then claiming it as their own to pimp their site.

arteest on January 19, 2007 at 5:27 PM

Limerick on January 19, 2007 at 5:05 PM

I’m sure you bought the “Navy flyboys” the traditional pack of beer for saving you “fanny”.

Entelechy on January 19, 2007 at 5:28 PM

eh, “your fanny”

Entelechy on January 19, 2007 at 5:29 PM

If I could find em I would buy them the Budweiser brewery and throw in a couple of micro’s to boot!

Limerick on January 19, 2007 at 5:31 PM

Yup, that pretty much sums up my 30 years in the Navy.

Well, that and 5 aircraft carriers, years away from my family, months on “Groundhog days” making circles in the ocean, 16 hour flightdeck evolutions, 3 section duty, blasts of 200 degree exhaust from jets, walking the deck looking for FOD, having my pillow 4 feet under an active runway and sharing my bathroom with 150 of my closest friends. But, other than that, it pretty much sums it up. ;-)

MCPO Airdale on January 19, 2007 at 5:33 PM

Hmmmmm. Seems the Navy has changed since my days!

navy1946 on January 19, 2007 at 5:33 PM

Friday afternoon laugh, thanks… loved the credits at the end too…

Zorro on January 19, 2007 at 5:47 PM

But why use the Miami Vice soundtrack at the end?
Monty Python or Benny Hill would have been better.

allie on January 19, 2007 at 6:03 PM

And in case anyone need a little Party Posse remider…

JetBoy on January 19, 2007 at 6:49 PM

My earlier link seems very out of place on this thread.

*slinks away in shame*

Scot on January 19, 2007 at 7:43 PM

RightWinged I feel for you brother having to be a Vermonter these days with the likes of Leaky Leahy and Comrade Sanders. I live in NC where we have the highest gasoline taxes in the south and our benevolent governor still wants to hike them higher. As for the guy in NH, hey I always sympathize with guys who fight paying their taxes, or don’t pay them at all. I even sympathize with the Hollywierd leftie Snipes. I support any act of defiance in regards to taxes(this side of terrorism and violence). So any IRS agents reading this, bring it on…..man am I a fool…

ritethinker on January 19, 2007 at 8:05 PM

It’s the Royal Mud Marines! Or in short, AP, you gotta quit posting vids that are older than dirt! ;) This video has become quite the running joke in the MilitaryPhotos.net community because there was a time that it seemed like just about every other new member thought it was the greatest video ever and that we’d not seen it before. So this resulted in them posted it without even bothering to use the search function, which in turn resulted in the phrase “Royal Mud Marines!” being used whenever something that’s been posted before several times, getting posted again. It also inspired such art as this.

ViperPilot on January 19, 2007 at 8:09 PM

that was very funny

Defector01 on January 19, 2007 at 8:33 PM

You may be thinking of this video ViperPilot, the one Allah posted is a different one. Ithought the same thing when i saw the screenshot.

Scot on January 19, 2007 at 9:02 PM

Likewise

Always pays to, you know, watch things before commenting on them.

*Backs away slowly*

Reaps on January 19, 2007 at 9:20 PM

I enjoyed this video, the humor was refreshing! We need a good dose of humor in these times and this one was good.

Colbert and Navy recruiting video on 2 days, getting better Hot Air folk.

omegaram on January 19, 2007 at 9:59 PM

Slink not, Scot. I always loved that Whale groove. Never saw the video before. Thanks.

Buck Turgidson on January 19, 2007 at 11:07 PM

nothing but respect fellas, nothing but respect.

Limerick on January 19, 2007 at 5:05 PM

True, but you have to admit there is a small bit of reality to the vid. We used to joke that:

In the Marines, you live in a foxhole.
In the Army, you live in tents, maybe with a cot.
In the Navy, you take your city (quarters, dining hall, showers, etc.) with you wherever you go.
In the Air Force, you stay on solid ground at the base, and send your officers off to fight (“Good luck, sir, and please don’t scratch the paint on my bird during combat!”).

MSgt, USAF (Ret)