Quote of the day

posted at 10:32 am on January 19, 2007 by Allahpundit

“If she wins, it’ll be Halloween 365 days a year.”

Comments

Just as likely to acquit as convict because who among us hasn’t wanted to doo the same to a company or organization who sends us crap. I don’t expect the media to pile on to this story much, but I wouldn’t be surprised if this story continues to dog her for quite a while.

I’m sure the loser in this case will be steaming for some time. Not much more can be said about this, but trying to stamp it out may lead to a big flaming case. Log onto dogpile.com for more background….

ScottG on January 19, 2007 at 10:41 AM

hahaha!

I think she is guilty and should sentenced to 6 months of doogi doo patrol in the public parks.

That is hilarious!

csdeven on January 19, 2007 at 10:43 AM

Ms. Ensz, a 63-year-old retired University of Northern Colorado professor…

What a role model for college students!

infidel4life on January 19, 2007 at 10:43 AM

Isnt poop more informative than what most politicians say anyways?

lorien1973 on January 19, 2007 at 10:43 AM

When I saw the headline, I thought the story was about Hillary.

Labamigo on January 19, 2007 at 10:44 AM

M’kay, when is a dookie not a dookie?
When a liberal uses it to make a point, m’kay.
Then it is protected .

bbz123 on January 19, 2007 at 10:45 AM

What kind of shit is this? Oh… doggy doo.

Mazztek on January 19, 2007 at 10:47 AM

The left flings poo, and now they mail it too.

JammieWearingFool on January 19, 2007 at 10:54 AM

California has a proposed law to outlaw spanking of your children.

Colorado debates if sending excrement to someone is free speech.

BOTH will end up in the 9th Circuit while we watch American Idol.

Limerick on January 19, 2007 at 10:57 AM

Okay, now surely the fact that she delivered a bacteria-ridden health hazard to a public representative is worth some kind of penalty…? Perhaps they should test the poo for disease, and if there is any present they can charge her with biological terrorism. Why not? That would certainly take it out of the realm of “free speech.”

aero on January 19, 2007 at 10:57 AM

I think the quote leaves out the most important parts of the article, that also tell us why this won’t even get passing mention in the MSM:

Authorities said Kathleen Ensz was so offended by repeated mailings from Rep. Marilyn Musgrave, Colorado Republican, that she stuffed one of those brochures into the mail slot of the congresswoman’s Greeley office wrapped around a little something extra: a dollop of doggy doo-doo.

Now Ms. Ensz, a 63-year-old retired University of Northern Colorado professor living in Greeley, is facing charges of misdemeanor “use of a noxious substance.” Her attorneys, however, argue that their client was exercising her constitutional right to free speech.

Immediatly we realize it’s another deranged liberal, who is (shockingly!) a former college professor. I mean, this has got to be a first… an unhinged liberal who happens to be a professor, who does something insane… Never happened before. But just incase we needed proof (followed by what I think is really the quote of the day):

An active Democrat, Ms. Ensz registered her protest May 31 after receiving one mailer too many from Mrs. Musgrave’s office. The owner of a German shepherd, she fetched what police called a “very nice piece of feces” from her back yard and wrapped the brochure around it, according to court documents.

“very nice piece of feces”

RightWinged on January 19, 2007 at 11:01 AM

I have free speech all over my yard. I just don’t know what point the neighborhood dogs were trying to make.

Candy Slice on January 19, 2007 at 11:03 AM

Too bad Johnnie Cochran is not around because he would say ” if it aint her shit you must acquit”.

Benny on January 19, 2007 at 11:07 AM

After all, if flag burning is protected under the Constitution, why not poop parceling?

This lady is an a@@hole and a@@holes just want to @h!t all over everything.

I would think it’s a public health issue. A “biological terrorism” charge mentioned above makes sense to me.

CliffHanger on January 19, 2007 at 11:07 AM

Wait, does this mean I can start collecting dog sh**, packaging it up and mailing it to my former Gov. Howard Dean’s VT office? Or the offices of socialist Senator Bernie Sanders, or Sen. Pat Leahy? That’s protected “speech”? That sound you hear is a can of worms being opened… worms that happen to have come out of some dog’s ass.

RightWinged on January 19, 2007 at 11:14 AM

Seriously though, if it was the contents of a baby’s diaper or some other human excrement, it would be bio-terrorism. Why, if it came from a dog, is it any less dangerous?

Candy Slice on January 19, 2007 at 11:17 AM

Ms. Ensz, a 63-year-old retired University of Northern Colorado professor…

absolutely no surprise there.

what police called a “very nice piece of feces”

This gives me pause. Usually when the cops I know refer to something in these terms it is truly something “special”.

Who did she thing she would hurt in this? It the mailman/person who has to handle that sh!t. Literally!

liquidflorian on January 19, 2007 at 11:17 AM

I agree CliffHanger; sending dog crap to someone could be dangerous; some types of worms *can* be transmitted from dog to human. She needs to pay a hefty fine.

dalewalt on January 19, 2007 at 11:19 AM

A “biological terrorism” charge mentioned above makes sense to me.

CliffHanger on January 19, 2007 at 11:07 AM

I agree, but the unintended consequence would be the cry by liberals, every holloween, to prosecute all cases of burning bags of dog crap left on front door steps.

I suggest that those in the professors community start leaving piles of “free speech” on her porch as an expression of their opposition to her activism.

csdeven on January 19, 2007 at 11:20 AM

Another white trash liberal. Probably doesn’t even have a dog.

there it is on January 19, 2007 at 11:37 AM

Jerk. She ought to be punished. I get mailings all day long from the opposition party and I don’t throw a 3 year old tantrum – I toss them in the trash. So do hundreds of millions of other people. If we all were to blow a gasket over a piece of bulk mail, overnight this country would descend into anarchy and chaos. Free speech, right. If she stood on a soap box in front of City Hall and wrapped her dog crap into the mailing, as a theatrical stunt for the audience of bored passersby, to demonstrate her contempt, then tossed it into the garbage can and went home, fine. But, stuffing it into the office mailbox? Vandalism. Now she wants to get out of the consequences, out of taking responsibility for her vile actions? And she taught students for years? Nauseating.

naliaka on January 19, 2007 at 11:38 AM

LOL

You’re sh$tting me!! *couldn’t resist*

BacaDog on January 19, 2007 at 11:42 AM

Dog crap is free speech, but political commercials within 30 days of an election aren’t. Double plus good.

spmat on January 19, 2007 at 11:43 AM

Envelope please. And the best comment of the day goes tooooo…..

Bennyyyyy! For “If it ain’t her sh*t, you must aquit.”

(applause)

Speeeeech! Speeeeeech!

Tony737 on January 19, 2007 at 12:00 PM

Why am I not surprised this woman was a college professor? Why am I not surprised a college professor would be annoyed by republican brochures? Why am I not surprised a college professor would stoop to poop? Anyone with class and a modicum of decency would throw the brochures away, or even call the office of the official and ask them to knock it off. I knew our education system was in trouble and that our professors had gone to sh&t, but this takes the doggy-doo…………….

ritethinker on January 19, 2007 at 12:02 PM

“Ms. Ensz’s action in returning an unwanted mailing from Congresswoman Musgrave … with a piece of feces was expressive conduct protected by the First Amendment,” Denver lawyer Patricia Bangert said in a motion filed Tuesday.

Sounds like someone needs some rebuttal…deposited on the floor of her office.

Surely, she wouldn’t press charges!

Pablo on January 19, 2007 at 12:03 PM

Monkey gets mad, hurls feces…

Democrat gets mad, mails dog feces…

Evolution’s a slower process for some…

elgeneralisimo on January 19, 2007 at 12:06 PM

Unfrakkinbelievable!!
LMAO!

Viper1 on January 19, 2007 at 12:38 PM

The liberal mind at work.

right2bright on January 19, 2007 at 3:01 PM

First of all, I am saddened that this is the best ‘free speech’ that a university professor could come up with to protest a POV she disagrees with.

Second of all, I believe it is against the law to put anything in a mailbox if it is not legal mail. I realize people are always dropping things off and slipping them in a friend’s mailbox, but the law is on the books, and, she would be in violation of this.

Furthermore, the article said “mail slot” that means she stuffed the mail wrapped feces through the slot and into the person’s building…..I’m pretty sure that is more in the territory of vandalism/trespessing instead of free speech.

JadeNYU on January 19, 2007 at 5:51 PM

HuffPoo not covering this liberal’s doggy-doo.

On a serious note, dog feces, as mentioned by several commenters already, is a health hazard.

On a lesser serious but very entertaining note, I love receiving mail from the opposition parties.

Entelechy on January 20, 2007 at 12:34 AM

She’s a vicious, Democratic Party brownshirter. So typical of Democrats and liberals today.

Her behavior is how LIBERALS respond to anybody that dares disagree with them. This what the unhinged left does. They truly believe that there are no restraints to what they can do. After all, they are so convinced of the rightness of their position that any who dare disagree must be silenced, by any means necessary.

These people feel that they have a right to slice tires of vans leased by the Republican Party in Wisconsin.

They feel that they can shoot up Republican Party offices, or break in and trash them.

They feel that they can invade Republican Party offices in broad daylight and break the legs of Republican staffers in violent protest.

They feel that they can stalk Republican senatorial candidates, sneak into their entourages and assault their staffers.

They call it “speaking truth to power.” I call it NAZI BROWNSHIRTISM or TYPICAL LIBERAL BEHAVIOR.

This is what DEMOCRATS do in the 21st Century. Civility? Reasoned debate? Acknowledgement that honorable people can agree to disagree?

It doesn’t exist as far as liberal Democrats are concerned.

Those of us who disagree with liberalism, who want to see America prevail in Iraq and Afghanistan, who support the President and who DARE to defend him, who are conservatives or Republicans, are to be destroyed.

We’re “neocons” “filth” “RePugs” “goosteppers”, the list of names goes on and on. We don’t have the RIGHT to express our opinions, they assert, because we don’t agree with them.

And if you doubt this, try to post a pro-Bush, or pro-victory message at DU, Huffpost, or DKOS.

Julia Roberts says that the word “Republican comes in the dictionary just after reptile and just above repugnant.”

They demonize the right and are now resorting to “violent” expressions of hatred (in this case sending excrement to a politician).

This leftist thug is no different than Debbie Frisch, who has been threatening blogger Jeff Goldstein’s 2 year child.

If I were on the jury, I’d find her guilty and sentence her to eat what she mails.

PS – go out an buy Michelle’s book “Unhinged.” Lots of examples there.

georgej on January 20, 2007 at 3:05 PM