Video: Ditka on Obama, America

posted at 11:42 pm on January 17, 2007 by Ian

Mike Ditka, one of football’s greatest, gave his opinion of Obama on tonight’s PTI. Dikta was going to run against Obama in the 2004 Senate race, but decided against it because of personal and business matters.

This is a great clip, that is if you can stand Tony Kornheiser for a minute and a half:

Comments

Korny is HARD TO TAKE but Ditka was great.

Soothsayer on January 17, 2007 at 11:55 PM

Ian, it is good, and that’s about my limit for Kornheiser. Someone needs to bitchslap that little weasel.

R D on January 17, 2007 at 11:57 PM

Ditka and McMahon with the fridge as Sec of interior.

Texyank on January 18, 2007 at 12:11 AM

I’m not a sports fan and I don’t know his politics but I like him regardless based on this alone.

Well said Mike. God Bless America!

Yakko77 on January 18, 2007 at 12:14 AM

Is it necessary to be boisterous, rude, and obnoxious in order to garner a position as a television host? (Obnoxious as in Tony Kornheiser, Rosie O’Donnel, David Letterman, Bill Maher, etc.)

William

William2006 on January 18, 2007 at 12:17 AM

“I am an American and I’m proud! I Love America”

God Bless you Mr. Ditka!

Tony Kornheiser……… amazing how a guy who seemingly has never played a single sport in his life has a job as a sports analyst…….. Like Rosie O’Donnel on being a pagent queen, David Letterman being a taken seriously for any policy comments, and Bill Maher….. Pleeaasssseee! When he finally needs religion, I wonder what he will say…

PinkyBigglesworth on January 18, 2007 at 12:28 AM

Speaking as a lifelong diehard Packer Backer, I love Da Coach 110% for his politics and his patriotism. Ditka’s a proven class act with tons of real substance, not like the smooth talking weasel Obama.

John on January 18, 2007 at 12:30 AM

I think he bugged out of New Orleans way too soon. But I think he had an inkling about Ricky Williams and his favoritism of the green leafy substance, and got out while he still looked good. But the Saints were starting to rise back then, and I think Ditka deserves some of that credit.

Nethicus on January 18, 2007 at 12:42 AM

Speaking of the intersection of sports and politicians, John Elway will not run for Colorado’s open Senate seat in 2008.

elpresidente on January 18, 2007 at 12:47 AM

Not a Bears’ fan, but I too support Da Coach.

Rick on January 18, 2007 at 12:57 AM

Obama versus Ditka. Ditka wins with 99.99999% of the vote. Obama’s mom and wife vote for Ditka.

Theworldisnotenough on January 18, 2007 at 1:09 AM

I lived in Chicago in the 1980s and the 1985/86 Bears team was the best ever. Ditka had the city wrapped around his finger. He could have beat Daley if he had wanted to run for mayor. He’s great. Everything about Ditka says “Chicago.” He speaks his mind, loves his country, and doesn’t take any sh*t. Go Mike!

Mallard T. Drake on January 18, 2007 at 1:19 AM

Theworldisnotenough on January 18, 2007 at 1:09 AM

Obama’s Mama. I don’t know why, but it sounds good. Speaking of her, just how does a southern girl let her kid get named Barak Hussein?

R D on January 18, 2007 at 1:27 AM

I remember da coach leaving brochures in the stands of Soldier Field in 92 saying no to Hillary and yes to George Bush the elder. A real American and a great coach….

ritethinker on January 18, 2007 at 1:30 AM

DA BEARS DA BEARS DA BEARS

Vincenzo on January 18, 2007 at 1:40 AM

Ditka. Da Coach.

PRCalDude on January 18, 2007 at 2:09 AM

I’m a Ditka fan now. Da-Bears!

x95b10 on January 18, 2007 at 3:21 AM

Vincenzo, that video clip was a blast out of the past.

Da Bulls, 402 to zip, ’cause Jordan will be held to only 200 points.

Ditka’s resturant is still in Chicago. He’s currently hawking his private wine label on ads running on WBBM radio (the same station call letters on the back wall of the superfan’s video).

georgej on January 18, 2007 at 5:09 AM

If the entire Senate ran against Ditka, I’d have to say Ditka.

And more Polish sausage, please.

Sean M. on January 18, 2007 at 6:01 AM

Fred Barnes said once that sports “journalism” is one of the last bastions of hardcore liberalism.

Korny is a huge lib, professed his love for Hillary! many times.

Ditka, Bears, Ditka, Bears, Polish sausage, Bears, Ditka, Bears.

benrand on January 18, 2007 at 6:54 AM

R D on January 18, 2007 at 1:27 AM

Good question! And how does she end up marrying another Muslim after Obama’s father and then let him send Obama to a madrasa for two years in Jakarta?

januarius on January 18, 2007 at 8:02 AM

Sorry coach, Manning doesn’t have the mojo to beat Brady post season.

Alden Pyle on January 18, 2007 at 8:58 AM

“GET THE HECK OUT”!!!

He said it, all the whiny ass liberal minded human debris need to just “get out”. Go become French or something…

NRA4Freedom on January 18, 2007 at 9:11 AM

The end comments there were awesome. If only a Cons. Rebup. had this kind of fire he/she would be unstoppable.

VikingGoneWild on January 18, 2007 at 9:11 AM

Dear Chicago,

Will trade Jones, T.O., Parcels, Cuban, and Sammy PLUS all sausage and sauerkraut in Texas for Mr. Ditka. Deal?

Sincerely, The people of Texas

Limerick on January 18, 2007 at 9:17 AM

In defense of Tony: he’s been a fantastic writer for decades…he’s obviously amped it up for shows like this. It’s intended to be that way. Annoying or not.

Now, don’t get me started on Stephen A. Smith.

Malpaso on January 18, 2007 at 9:25 AM

If the entire Senate ran against Ditka, I’d have to say Ditka.

Damn. Beat me to it.

OK, how about da entire Senate and House plus SCOTUS vs. Ditka? How many points do you give da wonks?

DAAAAA BEARSSSSSSSSSSS!!!

bamapachyderm on January 18, 2007 at 10:03 AM

Unlike the Republican Party, Ditka has never misplaced his gumballs.

infidel4life on January 18, 2007 at 10:31 AM

You gotta love Ditka. Great player, great coach and great American. Ditka’s restaurant in Chicago is also great if you have the opportunity.

brtex on January 18, 2007 at 10:50 AM

Damn… a real American putting the facts straight in one sentence… “The good out weighs the bad, by far”… Now that is awesome.

RalphyBoy on January 18, 2007 at 10:53 AM

YOU TELL ‘EM, COACH!!!!!!!

Lonevoice on January 18, 2007 at 3:17 PM

Ditka for President!

Im_no_dhimmi on January 18, 2007 at 3:45 PM

“GET THE HECK OUT”!!!

AMERICA !!!

OK, I like ditka a little bit now, just a little bit, but only because he’s such an American and will tell it like it is.

shooter on January 18, 2007 at 6:09 PM

Go Pats and Go Bears!!

Mooseman on January 18, 2007 at 9:36 PM

AMEN to that.

I loved when Ditka said that if he had run for senate, no one would know who Obama was. God how I wish he had run!!!

docdave on January 19, 2007 at 12:01 PM