Audio: Dem Congressman says it’s “likely” Rove planted the Rathergate memos

posted at 7:17 pm on January 17, 2007 by Ian

Congressman Maurice Hinchey (D-NY) believes Karl Rove was behind CBS’s infamous Bush National Guard memos. Today on Sean Hannity’s radio show, Hinchey asserted that Rove “presented” the documents so that CBS would pick up the story. “There’s a significant amount of evidence,” he insisted, while conspicuously failing to provide any.

Two years ago Congressman Hinchey made a similar claim at a community forum in Ithaca, New York. A LGF reader was there and recorded what he said. Audio is available at Little Green Footballs.

Comments

Conspiracy absurdly

Nice! We’ll just shove that evidence in our pants, in our socks, and under our shirts.

When I grow up, I wanna be just like Uncle Rove!

Knows all, see all, tells all!

Or is tis just Bating the Hannity?

Kini on January 17, 2007 at 7:23 PM

I saw Rove pass the Rathergate memos behind the grassy knoll. Yes, that’s right. I can prove with, with, with geometric logic that it was Rove, that’s right, Rove who stole the strawberries. Heh, heh, heh. I would have proven it, too, if everyone wasn’t against me.

Where are my steel marbles? Did Rove steal them, too?

Tantor on January 17, 2007 at 7:24 PM

I’m so glad Mr. Rove succeeded.

Hincheyfreude!

Entelechy on January 17, 2007 at 7:28 PM

Didn’t Rove stuff the memos in his shorts? Oh Wait! That was a Sandy Bugler.

Wade on January 17, 2007 at 7:31 PM

Wade on January 17, 2007 at 7:31 PM

Heh.

Ian on January 17, 2007 at 7:33 PM

Is there anything that Rove can’t do? Just think, this guy is soooo powerful that he can trick every single leftist out there at their every turn. He’s freeking Batman!

- The Cat

P.S. Rove responsible for asteroid 65 million years ago . .

MirCat on January 17, 2007 at 7:35 PM

And then Rove used his Jedi mind powers to make Dan Rather accept the memos as authentic. He’s a sorcerer, that one.

Bill Ramey on January 17, 2007 at 7:37 PM

Would not Rove burn CBS on a made up story that instead did not damage the president?

conspiracy theory logic = zero

Resolute on January 17, 2007 at 7:38 PM

Can’t Rove take this guy to court? It is a false acusation, thus smearing Roves reputation. The congressman might have to prove his statement under oath. (I bet they created immunity for this sort of sstatement, right ? leave it to the congressional elite)

StuLongIsland on January 17, 2007 at 7:41 PM

you know at this point Rove, for all his power, must be either a knight of satan or one of God’s angels

Defector01 on January 17, 2007 at 7:43 PM

Sorry for relinking the first one, Ian.

JammieWearingFool on January 17, 2007 at 7:44 PM

Oh, brother. They just never give up, do they? This is just another bit you’ll not find in the MSM anytime soon, I guess…

Karl Rove…”Suuuuper Geeeeenius”

JetBoy on January 17, 2007 at 7:46 PM

This guy is an absolute moron.

rplat on January 17, 2007 at 7:49 PM

Looks like Hinchey and David “Vulcans in the Whitehouse” Wu are running neck-and-neck for the Cynthia McKinney Tinfoil Hat Award.

NE on January 17, 2007 at 7:49 PM

Even if Rove did give them to Blather et al, like Ramey above said, they did not have to run with it w/o checking it out.
Oh wait, it’s the MSM, they run around screaming like thee leetle gurlies that Bushhitlerhaliburtonroveinsidejob is making the world bad.

bbz123 on January 17, 2007 at 7:52 PM

Jedi mind powers

What’s scary, but not unexpected, this genius is in congress, but’s from New York.

Probably drinks from the Hudson same fountain as Rangel, aka Chaz

Kini on January 17, 2007 at 8:00 PM

“There’s a significant amount of evidence,”

I always love that quote and the fact that no one feels the need to back in up. It’s like that “it’s the seriousness of the charge” tripe.

Sources tell me that Maurice Hinchey was adbucted by aliens, who surgically embedded a mind control chip into his brain. There’s a significant amount of evidence.

You don’t beleive me, well you prove me wrong.

reaganaut on January 17, 2007 at 8:01 PM

So he planted obviously faked Word docs, knowing that no one at CBS would catch on and that they’d put the PDF’s online so everyone with 2 brain cells could see they were fake, and then they’d never back down, discrediting themselves before the election?

I picked the wrong day to stop sniffing glue…I just can’t follow this craziness.

MamaAJ on January 17, 2007 at 8:04 PM

I heard the exchange on Hannity today. I had just picked up my kids and when Hinchey said that, I started LMAO. My kids couldn’t figure out what was so funny.

picked the wrong day to stop sniffing glue…

From Airplane. The funniest movie EVER.

pullingmyhairout on January 17, 2007 at 8:08 PM

Of note, this conspiracy was “aired” in the midst of Hinchey’s defense of the Fairness Doctrine.

Kid from Brooklyn on January 17, 2007 at 8:14 PM

I thought it was Hoffa that passed off the memos? Or was it sasquatch? Elvis? Aliens(those not from this Earth)? Vince Foster? The Saudi’s? Osama Bin Barracka? These guys make the black helicopter people look sane……

ritethinker on January 17, 2007 at 8:34 PM

You don’t beleive me, well you prove me wrong.

reaganaut on January 17, 2007 at 8:01 PM

Well, my sources tell me that the aliens embedded the chip in his ass, because that’s where his head spends most of its time–and there really is a significant amount of evidence for that. Overwhelming, actually.

Typical leftard conspiracy nut.

ReubenJCogburn on January 17, 2007 at 8:36 PM

I will be so dissappointed if the right does not begin the ridicule right away. These guy, when they make these types of statements, should be held up to the public and laughed at. Just like we do here on HA. Ridicule, point and laugh.

BTW, when was the last time he saw Rove under a trailer with stolen documents?

right2bright on January 17, 2007 at 8:42 PM

blablabla …”Karl”…”magnificent fat bastard”…bla blabla

Claire on January 17, 2007 at 8:42 PM

BTW, when was the last time he saw Rove under a trailer with stolen documents?

right2bright on January 17, 2007 at 8:42 PM

Obviously hasn’t happened yet. If it does, you can be sure Katie, Chrissy, Olby, The Gray Lady, et al will use it as their lead story for weeks.

BacaDog on January 17, 2007 at 9:19 PM

BTW, when was the last time he saw Rove under a trailer with stolen documents?

right2bright on January 17, 2007 at 8:42 PM

Rove doesn’t need to steal documents. According to the left he knows all and sees all. How else can he be behind every little thing that happens to them, and still have time to plan the downfall of mankind? The only one who can do all that is God. Maybe the left should rethink their position on Rove. ;-)

R D on January 17, 2007 at 9:27 PM

Wow. It’s depressing to hear a grown man talk that way. Karl Rove is the ultimate MacGuffin. The other day I couldn’t find my car keys. I assume Karl Rove hid them on me.

aengus on January 17, 2007 at 9:28 PM

It is all very simple. The black helicopters quit flying over my house as soon as I put Uncle Karl on my Christmas card list. You can do the same. Be his friend. Even evil people need a hug.

Limerick on January 17, 2007 at 9:29 PM

I’m confused. I thought the LLL argument was that the memos were actually genuine. Well which is it? Are they genuine or was it a plot by The Evil Karl Rove?

I wish the looney left would get their stories straight.

aunursa on January 17, 2007 at 9:41 PM

There are a**holes, total a**holes, and then there are guys like Hinchey. Thankfully, nearly all of them all Democrats

Janos Hunyadi on January 17, 2007 at 9:52 PM

…’are’ Democrats, but you knew that

Janos Hunyadi on January 17, 2007 at 9:54 PM

Doesn’t Hinchey remind you of Grandpa Munster?

Pam on January 17, 2007 at 9:58 PM

Is this one of those WTF?? moments?

Mazztek on January 17, 2007 at 10:20 PM

When our reader asked Hinchey if he had evidence for these charges, he first said, “Yes, I do,” but when asked a second time he admitted he did not.

Our reader pressed the issue, “Don’t you think it’s irresponsible to make charges like that?” Hinchey replied, “No, I don’t, I think it’s very important to make charges like that … I think it’s very important to combat this kind of activity in every way that you can, and I’m willing, as most people are not, to step forward in situations like this and take risks.”

By deception and lies. WHY IS THIS P.O.S. STILL IN OFFICE??!??

Mazztek on January 17, 2007 at 10:22 PM

Hinchey is on to us. I was there and this is exactly how it all went down.

Ed Driscoll on January 17, 2007 at 11:48 PM

I’m speechless.

x95b10 on January 18, 2007 at 12:00 AM

We’re having great fun laughing at this retard.

But I’m thinking it is long past time we start making it ‘painful’ for people like him (and like the truthers) to continue to repeat this stuff.

Personal taunts (like we are doing) and public humiliation ought to be just a start. I’m thinking we can do more. I’m envisioning a billboard or two in his district with a photo of him ‘shopped to add a tinfoil hat and bugged out eyes, and a message that says: “Don’t vote for this dope, he affected by evil mind-rays.”

Maybe we should take a page out of Rahm Emmanuel’s play book and conduct investigations into their personal habits and behavior. Every politician is dirty. Let’s find his dirt and then go public with it. Or at least make sure that his opponent in the next campaign is made aware of it.

And lest you think this is overboard, the Democrats do it all the time. Only they call it “opposition research,” and they go much further than I am suggesting. They have no objections to character assassination or even breaking the law to win elections. Remember what they did to Michael Steel by illegally obtaining his credit report?

We don’t need to violate the law to destroy these fools. But I think that the time has come to start making it clear that outrageous lies like those told by Hinchey and Truthers like John Conner will come with a price that includes disgrace and more.

Sign me,
Fed up with letting Democrats get away their lies.

georgej on January 18, 2007 at 12:15 AM

Oh magnificent Dark Lord Rove, you have once again proven that the dark side is much too powerful for these leftist rebels. We all kneel before you.

P.S. Thanks for the money you wired to my account, for the barrels of oil, the Haliburton stock in my Christmas stocking, the new global warmer 3000, for the NSA domestic spying kit (the home edition), and for the updated list of CIA undercover agents. Christmas was great. 2007 will be a great year (if you know what I mean).

Rick on January 18, 2007 at 12:44 AM

Good God…blame Rove, then deflect to the media.

This is your Democratic majority, folks.

Black Adam on January 18, 2007 at 2:04 AM

It is my opinion that Maurice Hinchey gets his kicks by strangling innocent defenseless kittens!

I have no evidence to back this up.

It is my “opinion”

uptight on January 18, 2007 at 4:24 AM

Ok, now where did I out that tinfoil hat the last time I used it…

NRA4Freedom on January 18, 2007 at 9:14 AM

When I hear all the dirty tricks that Karl Rove, the Evil Genius, has perpetrated against the hapless Democrats, I thank God he’s on our side.

Tantor on January 18, 2007 at 9:54 AM

“the point here is not about that”

Apparently it’s not about evidence but weilding wild accusations for political gain. Gee, why is that most even MODERATE conservatives think most liberal political leaders are pathelogical liars?

who knows!

One Angry Christian on January 18, 2007 at 10:31 AM

Rick on January 18, 2007 at 12:44 AM

LMAO!!!!!

If I ever F up and need legal help I’m getting Dark Lord Rove to get me out of trouble. It’ll be like it never happened!

VikingGoneWild on January 18, 2007 at 10:42 AM