Video: Fmr. Carter center member says Carter condones Palestinian terrorism

posted at 3:31 pm on January 16, 2007 by Ian

Steve Berman, one of the fifteen members who have left the Carter Center in recent weeks, appeared on Hannity & Colmes Monday evening to explain why he left and why he thinks Former President Jimmy Carter condones Palestinian terrorism.

Berman’s angst comes from the following passage in Jimmy Carter’s new book:

steve-berman-quote-1.jpg

steve-berman-quote-2.jpg

(Hat tip: Newsbusters; video courtesy of Ms. Underestimated.)

Comments

Gee, wonder if Carter is slightly upset that his presidential library people are running for the hills?

Nah, that’s just not nuanced enough.

Vanceone on January 16, 2007 at 3:57 PM

blogRot on January 16, 2007 at 4:02 PM

Not getting the video, but I have seen this regarding the Carter book. The book’s been out for a while, now, but since no one cares what this nitwit says, it took a some weeks for anyone to find the comments.

Jaibones on January 16, 2007 at 4:02 PM

I’m not getting the video on IE either.

EFG on January 16, 2007 at 4:06 PM

the sad thing is Alan Colmes is a Jew, if I was a Jew I would label him a JINO (Jew in name only). He is obviously putting Democrat politics ahead of all else in his life and worldview, i.e. Liberalism is his real religion.

jp on January 16, 2007 at 4:07 PM

Firefox isn’t working either.

EFG on January 16, 2007 at 4:07 PM

but since no one cares what this nitwit says,….

Jaibones on January 16, 2007 at 4:02 PM

I wish this were so, I truly do, but why do you think he was on Al Jazera?

His comments have been edited and pasted all over the Middle East in vindication for their propoganda, and the peanut-farmer has no clue he is being played like a banjo.

I’m just wondering why it took so long for the fifeteen to leave? Maybe the stain-maker-on-dresses pressured them, but at least they are “Free at last, Free at last!”

PinkyBigglesworth on January 16, 2007 at 4:12 PM

Video works now/.

Ian on January 16, 2007 at 4:12 PM

the sad thing is Alan Colmes is a Jew…

jp on January 16, 2007 at 4:07 PM

Now if we could only get him (Alan) to kiss the Iranians at a holocaust denial conference — maybe then Fox News would divorce him. Keep you fingers crossed. I’d MUCH rather have Kirsten Powers sitting opposite Sean Hannity.

CyberCipher on January 16, 2007 at 4:12 PM

Thanks, Ian.

EFG on January 16, 2007 at 4:15 PM

Jimmy Carter and Mel Gibson should go get drunk together and have a nice long conversation about who are the cause of wars.

If someone filmed it, it would probably make a great show for Al Jazera… or did they do that already?

frankj on January 16, 2007 at 4:20 PM

Alan Colmes is a Karl Rove plant. Nobody could be that reason-challenged and so ready to spew (D)emocrat party talking points and not be a caricature.

Well… except for Dan Rather.

But nobody else…

OK… I’ll give you Katie Couric.

But…

Look, nobody watches Olbermann or Chris Matthews so they barely count.

Well, sure there is the AP wire services, and Reuters, and the French AFP…

And I’ll give you NPR and PBS who do it on the tax-payer’s dime.

But seriously…

Look… I’ll concede that ABC-CBS-NBC-PBS-NPR-CNN-NYTimes-LATimes-ChicagoTrib-WaPo and all of the foreign press are about as anti-American and terror-apologist as Al-Jazeera…

But you still have to admit Alan Colmes is the worst.

DANEgerus on January 16, 2007 at 4:38 PM

DANEgerus

That is hilarious! It’s also sadly true. But the way you say it. :-)

R D on January 16, 2007 at 4:48 PM

the sad thing is Alan Colmes is a Jew…

I wonder if we could swap him for Sean Hannity?

morganfrost on January 16, 2007 at 5:15 PM

A Jew for an Irishman, not a good deal…unless you throw in a keg.

right2bright on January 16, 2007 at 5:19 PM

DANEgerus…

LoL… well said.

Lawrence on January 16, 2007 at 5:21 PM

jp on January 16, 2007 at 4:07 PM

I am a Jew, and Colmes is a JINO and an errant ignoramus.

Andy in Agoura Hills on January 16, 2007 at 5:57 PM

DANEgerus on January 16, 2007 at 4:38 PM

Heh.

Jaibones on January 16, 2007 at 7:10 PM

My name is Andy in Agoura Hills, and I’m a Jew.

(All Together Now) “Hi, Andy”

I swear I feel the same way about my Christian Left friends. So many men; so much ignorance, self-hatred and denial.

Jaibones on January 16, 2007 at 7:13 PM

Jaibones on January 16, 2007 at 7:13 PM

Hmmm. Christians In Name Only (CINO) doesn’t really do’em justice. I suggest we call’em sugar-coated Christianettes or Lite Christians (sorta’ like the “girlie-men” moniker). Of course, they probably won’t even realize that they’ve been insulted with those names. Hmmm. How about Jimmuh-ites? Naah. They LIKE Jimmy Carter.

Oh well, Christian Leftists like KP can be kinda’ nice to have around. It’s the only way us “old” guys are certain that we still have a pulse. It never goes away, ya’ know. As long as I’m still breathing, I’ll be able to appreciate the scenery provided by the fairer sex.

CyberCipher on January 16, 2007 at 7:39 PM

I am a Jew, and Colmes is a JINO and an errant ignoramus.

Andy in Agoura Hills on January 16, 2007 at 5:57 PM

Well, I’m not a Jew, but I’m in total agreement. (Cue “We Are the World” in the background as everyone shakes hands.)

There you have it, folks–Alan Colmes, bringing people together. But seriously, you can pretty much always tell the intelligent side of any issue just by picking the one that Colmes isn’t on. As in this case with Jimmy Carter, terrorist enabler and Useful Idiot.

ReubenJCogburn on January 16, 2007 at 8:28 PM

CyberCipher on January 16, 2007 at 7:39 PM

Collie happily wags tail :)

Entelechy on January 17, 2007 at 12:51 AM

I’ve often wondered if Jimmy Carter isn’t somehow being blackmailed, having his legacy ( for what it’s worth ) blackmailed by Islamist elements.

He has dealings worth millions of dollars with the bin Laden family and he armed the Mujahideen so maybe these dealings started with Osama. He is also the father of Saddam’s WMD program sending anthrax to Saddam on 09/11/80. It seems probable that there are those who know the extent of Carter’s errors of judgement and Carter will go to any extreme to keep them quiet.

Perchant on January 17, 2007 at 1:40 AM

Colmes is a shill idiot; it’s as clear as the published page! Carter CONDONES SUICIDE BOMBINGS!!!!!

More proof Democrats turn and deny in the face of terrorism.

Black Adam on January 17, 2007 at 2:07 AM

You don’t mean Jimmy Carter the man who defends Nazi’s SS soldiers do you?

right2bright on January 17, 2007 at 4:52 PM