Researchers find cocaine on 100% of Irish banknotes sampled

posted at 6:54 pm on January 11, 2007 by Allahpundit

Also found on all 100%: blood, mucous, and trace amounts of 8700 different brands of whiskey. YEAH.

I get to make that weak joke because I’m half-Irish and, therefore, possessed of absolute moral authority on this issue. And also because with Wes Clark calling out the Jew moneylenders who control our government, lefties are in no position anymore to affect their usual indignation.

Not that they ever were.

Hey, here’s more racial/ethnic fun: a member of the House Armed Services Committee thinkin’ out loud about whether Condi Rice gets a pass for her incompetent moronitude because she’s black.

Yesterday, Abercrombie was particularly critical of Rice, the former national security adviser, whom Abercrombie described as “the most overrated, underperforming individual in executive authority that I have ever seen.”

“She constantly gets a pass. Who knows if the whole question of race and gender come into it, but … I can’t account for it, except to say she isn’t up to the mark,” Abercrombie said. Rice is scheduled to testify before the Senate.

That’s Neil Abercrombie, D-Hi., if you’re keeping score. And here’s one of his fellow travelers, Nobel Prize winner and declared believer in Bill Frist’s status as a “piece of sh*t” Dr. James Watson:

In an interview profile for the magazine Watson asks rhetorically, “Should you be allowed to make an anti-Semitic remark?” He answered: “Yes, because some anti-Semitism is justified. Just like some anti-Irish feeling is justified. If you can’t be criticized, that’s very dangerous. You lose the concept of a free society.”…

Ken Jacobson, the deputy national director of the ADL, reacted strongly to Watson’s statements.

“Those are very strange comments coming from an individual like that,” Jacobson told NewsMax. “At the very least I think he needs to clarify his remarks. It sounds like he was trying to make some general comment about political correctness. He makes a reference that groups can be criticized, that not to be able to criticize a group isn’t right. That’s not to say you can’t make comments about Jews, but anti-Semitism is a very specific statement, not just criticism, but a specific type of statement.”

“Just like some anti-Irish feeling is justified.” See? Even the guy who discovered DNA thinks this post is kosher. No pun intended.

Anti-Irish and anti-Semitic. He just might be the bridge between right and left.

Let the healing begin.

watson.jpg

Comments

LOL… Not surprised though.

x95b10 on January 11, 2007 at 6:56 PM

why did the irishman cross the road?

jummy on January 11, 2007 at 7:12 PM

I’m 100% Irish, and will refrain from further comment upon advice of counsel.

JammieWearingFool on January 11, 2007 at 7:13 PM

What, only 100%? What about the other ones?

Quoted from Larry Liberal

Grouper on January 11, 2007 at 7:17 PM

There are trace amounts on almost 90% of American money. It causes all kinds of legal problems.

E. M. on January 11, 2007 at 7:19 PM

Don’t leave us hanging,jummy,give it up!

bbz123 on January 11, 2007 at 7:20 PM

A: to worship a golden statue of mary and overbreed!

jummy on January 11, 2007 at 7:20 PM

Well I’m Scotch/Irish…so one half of me wants to get drunk and the other half doesn’t want to pay for it….

ritethinker on January 11, 2007 at 7:23 PM

alt..

A: to whine about how identured servitude was “just as bad as slavery” and beat his wife!

jummy on January 11, 2007 at 7:23 PM

A: to suck spilt liquor out of a cableknit!

jummy on January 11, 2007 at 7:25 PM

: to hang out with propper whites who wipe their noses on tissues rather than their sleeves!

jummy on January 11, 2007 at 7:31 PM

She’s horrified by it all.

That part about refraining from further comment? Fuhgeddaboutit.

JammieWearingFool on January 11, 2007 at 7:34 PM

Should I be 50% offended? Or should the German half be 50% amused?

I believe the ADL’s comments are well balanced in this case. Anti-semitism and anti-Irish aren’t proper parallels. At the same time, I think Dr. Watson slipped on a semantic banana peel, and intended a corrolation more along the lines of comparing anti-Jewish to anti-Irish criticisms, which is what the ADL was saying.

Not much harm, no real foul.

Freelancer on January 11, 2007 at 7:34 PM

I’m 12.5% offended, Kemosabe.

Labamigo on January 11, 2007 at 7:50 PM

“The most recent survey carried out in the US showed 65 percent of dollar notes were contaminated with cocaine.”

Did anyone question where (or from whom) these bills came from? Just asking.

thedecider on January 11, 2007 at 7:58 PM

I’m Sicilian-Italian-Irish.

They consider me a WMD

I think I’m in the Godfather movie… being 36, one of the kids. Sopranos? Snif… home movies…

My favorite line… Someone asks, “So, how did your day go?” I reply: “Did You Just Call Me a DAGO?” “Yelp!”

Mazztek on January 11, 2007 at 8:47 PM

I believe the ADL’s comments are well balanced in this case.

I hate everyone equally, too.

Mazztek on January 11, 2007 at 8:50 PM

They should fire whoever launders their money.

/brilliance

PaisleyCow on January 11, 2007 at 9:08 PM

Did anyone question where (or from whom) these bills came from?

First the right nostril, then the left.

Jim Treacher on January 11, 2007 at 9:13 PM

Well, as a half Irish as well…the whiskey traces are no suprise. Like the saying goes…the Irish would rule the world if it weren’t for the booze.

But since when are the Irish big blow users?

Gives new meaning to “high” interst rates!

JetBoy on January 11, 2007 at 9:29 PM

Ah, the compassionate, open-minded, tolerant, educated American left:

Watson the Jew hater (“yeah, Jews, Irish…and don’t even get me started on the colored!”) who calls Dr. Frist a POS and suggests that the poor classes are just genetically stupid, and Abercrombie, 1960s leftist who says out loud that Condi Rice is stupid and worthless, and an affirmative action hire.

I.Love.It.

Jaibones on January 11, 2007 at 9:34 PM

Just because they are Irish notes, how does that mean that it was Irish person who put the cocaine on them? All the time you pick on the Irish! Why do you misunderstand us and blame us for everything. Everywhere we are victims of violence and terrorism because there is big racism in this country and big discrimination and Irishophobia everywhere. Every day we are abuse and pick on by racists who hate us without even knowing what we are. All the day we are target for us Irish. This is just again another proof of Irishophobia.\

IrishEi on January 11, 2007 at 10:17 PM

For no particular reason, I feel compelled to share this observation, which I related to an Irish co-worker some time ago…

Its nine o’clock on a saturday
The regular crowd shuffles in
Theres an old man sitting next to me
Makin love to his tonic and gin

He says, “Son, can you play me a memory?
Im not really sure how it goes
But its sad and its sweet and I knew it complete
When I wore a younger man’s clothes

Read the old man’s words out loud in an Irish accent just once, and you’ll never be able to think of those words without it.

The Monster on January 11, 2007 at 10:58 PM

Monster:

I’m a quarter Irish myself, and I want to know what kind of Irishman would be such a wuss as to stoop to gin and tonic when there’s Bushmills easily available.

mikeomatic on January 11, 2007 at 11:11 PM

8700 different brands of whiskey. YEAH.

I’ve heard that gross exaggeration like this is a symptom of obsessive Irish Cocaine Currency Syndrome.

infidel4life on January 12, 2007 at 12:20 AM

I question the timing!

LonelyMassRepublican on January 12, 2007 at 9:04 AM

Elementary, my dear Watson. Irish foreign policy has only created more terrorists. /Democrat

Seriously though, I don’t doubt the veracity of this study. Here in Dublin there is a kind of cocaine epidemic. I don’t take it (obviously) but I know many people who do. The police are doing a good job at infiltrating the drug networks though. A lot of the money from the drug trade goes to the IRA and thus funds terrorism but some of my friends a) don’t care or b) support the IRA.

Now wharrs me whiskey?

aengus on January 12, 2007 at 10:18 AM

Pat and Mike were shipwrecked and dying of hunger and thirst when Mike spots a Jeannie Bottle floating past their lifeboat.

To make a long story short, they think they’re saved only to discover that they have freed a Novice Jeannie who can do very little and, even then, is only authorized to grant one wish.

Since the Jeannie can’t transport them to safety, they ask as he can do and the Jeannie replies. “Gee, I can get you something to drink!”

To which Mike immediately yells, “Brilliant! Then turn the entire ocean into a sea of Guinness” and POP, the ocean turns into Guinness!

When Pat sees this he is outraged and Mike asks, “But Pat? This is better than being saved. What’s your problem with being stuck in a sea of Guinness?”

To which Pat replies, “I Brilliant! Ya harsesares! Just look what you’ve gone and done. Now we’ll have to piss in the boat!”

(I have a 50 Proof AMAR (Absolute Moral Authority Rating) which allows me to tell this joke and you’ll repeating it all weekend!)

Dread Pirate Roberts VI on January 12, 2007 at 1:42 PM

John Kerry has a friend in Dr. Watson.

And it may be that societies work best when there’s a mixture of ability – the bright people would never be an army.”

Buy Danish on January 13, 2007 at 2:09 PM

They definitely have been mimicking Ted Kennedy!

byteshredder on January 13, 2007 at 5:22 PM