Open mic catches Condi saying how much she loves “my Fox guys”

posted at 1:18 pm on January 11, 2007 by Allahpundit

It’s not her praise for Fox that’ll excite the excitables. It’s the pronoun.

Story by Reuters but I’m using the CNN link. Just because.

Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice let slip her news media preferences Thursday, saying, “I love every single one” of Fox News network’s correspondents and also favors CBS anchor Harry Smith.

In comments overheard on an open microphone between morning television interviews, including one with Fox, the top U.S. diplomat said: “My Fox guys, I love every single one of them.”

Spruiell thinks it’s funny how mics keep “accidentally” getting left on around Bush and Condi, followed by the recordings “accidentally” making their way into the media. Not ha-ha funny, like a clown. The other kind of funny.

The ha-ha funny part is the fact that she names Harry Smith as her other fave. Harry Smith? Newsbusters’s perpetual whipping boy?

Comments

I just love Patti Ann Browne.

By love I mean lust.

By lust, I mean, I like her more than pizza.

Mmmmmmm…. Patti…. I mean… Pizza…..

Ringmaster on January 11, 2007 at 1:21 PM

I would love to have one night with Condi…

Sacwannabe on January 11, 2007 at 1:24 PM

I happen to love them as well! I think what draws me to the station is the fact that the corresponents are allowed to have fun and report the news…Just an observation I made..

Pam on January 11, 2007 at 1:24 PM

Fair and balanced.

Kid from Brooklyn on January 11, 2007 at 1:26 PM

I would love to have one night with Condi…

Sacwannabe on January 11, 2007 at 1:24 PM

Handle fits desire?

Entelechy on January 11, 2007 at 1:29 PM

Conspiracy!

Seriously though, anyone find it odd that there isn’t much context in the quoted snippets? I mean, what preceded and followed these sentence fragments? Notice the “story” is only a few paragraphs long, and provides no context at all.. doesn’t say what she was talking about and to who… This smells. Fact is, it’s so small it will disappear, but the media loved stiring up their base….. er I mean…. reporting the news…. and now the lefties will use this to point to pretty regularly. But seriously, I’d really like to know the context, because this (the open mic, the leak, etc.) is moderately annoying.

RightWinged on January 11, 2007 at 1:43 PM

…. almost forgot…..

“My Fox guys, I love every single one of them.”

Oh yeah? Well…

My Fox girls, I loveevery single one of them!

(site is decent, however if I were running it there’d be a A LOT more Chetry, Banderas, and Gomez)

RightWinged on January 11, 2007 at 1:46 PM

Other news flashes breaking today:

-Steve Jobs is ironically caught on a Verizon Wireless Motorola Razr cameraphone at MacWorld saying: “F— Cisco”
-A new video from Al-Qaeda shows Moqtada Al-Sadr and Osama Bin Laden sharing a plate of hummus in a well-appointed Ethopian bistro while talking about “their homies at Al-Jazeera”
-Audio from Barak Obama secretly recorded at a book signing in Dayton, OH bragging that he “played naked Twister” with MSNBC host Chris Matthews at a Holiday party in Georgetown

ScottMcC on January 11, 2007 at 1:49 PM

ScottMcC on January 11, 2007 at 1:49 PM

You owe me a new keyboard…. and I’m probably going to need some kind of wood shavings to help take care of this vomit on the floor.

RightWinged on January 11, 2007 at 1:51 PM

RightWinged, your taste in women is excellent. Chetry, Banderas,Gomez it doesn’t get much better than that. I like Reena Ninan a lot too.

SAM 1X on January 11, 2007 at 1:59 PM

I’m sure will see it on Fahrenheit 911 part 2.

Drtuddle on January 11, 2007 at 2:05 PM

Well Greg Kelly is sure a hottie as is Bill Hemmer & Brian Kilmeade. Bill O’Reilly isn’t quite a hottie but he has that “distinguished” look. John Gibson’s hair-bet it makes the Donald jealous & when Tony Snow was there he was a hottie too. Condi has excellent choice in men except for Harry Smith-ick!

Catie96706 on January 11, 2007 at 2:08 PM

“My Fox guys, I love every single one of them.”

Sounds a little kinky.

vcferlita on January 11, 2007 at 2:12 PM

Oh yeah, Catie, Greg Kelly is yummy. mmmmm

My husband is a big Patti Ann Brown fan. I gave him a picture of her for Christmas. He now calls me The Best. Wife. Ever.

KelliD on January 11, 2007 at 2:14 PM

They really need more Juliet Huddy.

WisCon on January 11, 2007 at 2:15 PM

So can we safely assume that right now there are about 17 threads at Dumbass Underground screaming about Condi’s comment? I think we can.

And thanks for that FOX girls link, RightWinged. Me, I have this fantasy of being the meat in a Julie Banderas/Megyn Kelly sandwich.

ReubenJCogburn on January 11, 2007 at 2:19 PM

What?

It’s not like she can say she likes David Gregory, or anyone from the more crooked networks.

Harry Smith? Hmmm… I tell you what, even though he does have a tendancy to slant left, he is still a likeable guy. So I can see that.

Jones Zemkophill on January 11, 2007 at 2:29 PM

I bet this tickles Alan Colmes’ to death; he’s no longer viewed as a wimpy D&D shrieking wraith to all women.

Small victories, Alan. Small ones.

Black Adam on January 11, 2007 at 2:41 PM

In a related story, an open mic catches John McVain saying “I love my NY Times guys”.

thirteen28 on January 11, 2007 at 2:41 PM

Sounds like we have some nutjob, wacko, truther, conspiracy freaks in here.

We all know there’s no such thing as a true conspiracy.

Sarcasm off

Gregor on January 11, 2007 at 3:18 PM

I’ve noticed that about Fox News women.

1) They are extremely bright and eloquent.
2) They do not come off as stuffy, difficult, arrogant, and condescending as the male and female reporters and anchor persons as other stations-networks, such as BBC, CNN, MSNBC, NBC, CBS, ABC, etc.
3) They are talented.
4) They are quite attractive.
5) They are not grating on the nerves, but they are actually pleasant to watch and listen to.

I wonder sometimes. Were I to be one of the male hosts of the Fox News Channel’s morning program, how could I function? I am afraid I’d have trouble keeping my gaze away from the female co-hosts’ legs, which they display to the max, and I might have difficulty just keeping my eyes away from gazing at these women, period!

Bottom line, it is pleasant and a treat for the eyes, to listen to the news, and watch the news and topical broadcasts delivered by the beautiful, bright, talented women of Fox News.

William

William2006 on January 11, 2007 at 3:22 PM

By the way, when will Condi grace the nation with a classical piano concert?

William

William2006 on January 11, 2007 at 3:44 PM

Gee, I wish I was a Fox guy…..Condi is the TP, total package. She is physically appealing no doubt, but her main appeal is her brilliant mind. Her intellect is quite a turn on…she is a thinkers thinker……

ritethinker on January 11, 2007 at 4:09 PM

ReubenJCogburn on January 11, 2007 at 2:19 PM

Another handle matching his desires…

Entelechy on January 11, 2007 at 4:11 PM

5) They are not grating on the nerves, but they are actually pleasant to watch and listen to…

William2006 on January 11, 2007 at 3:22 PM

Unrelated to looks, none grates on my nerves more than Soledad O’Brien. Switch.Channel.Immediately.Lest.I.Throw.Hotel.Pillow.At.TV. What a conceited and faux-smart creation!

Entelechy on January 11, 2007 at 4:23 PM

Sounds like Condi isn’t unaware that mikes get left on around Republicans. Free advertizing for FOX, stick a finger in the MSM collective eye and tweak Smith’s nose. Media savvy?

naliaka on January 11, 2007 at 4:37 PM

Another handle matching his desires…

Now THAT was funny.

On topic, who cares, really, if an administration diplomat has a preference in news reporters? Could it possibly mean anything of substance? Or is a reality check just too strong at this juncture?

Freelancer on January 11, 2007 at 4:42 PM

I didnt hear any of you guys mention Greta.Shes articulate.

spazzmomma on January 11, 2007 at 4:45 PM

ritethinker on January 11, 2007 at 4:09 PM

“ritethinker,”

I also find Condi to be quite the package regarding her intellect and her articulate, eloquent skill as a public speaker.

I am puzzled, however, at her musings regarding Palestinian Arabs and their violence, and some of her comments in which she placates Islamic Jihadi terrorists and bad behavior.

I enjoyed Condi keeping her cool but dishing out a small can of whoop ass during the 9/11 hearings in which certain panelists took themselves too seriously and attempted to make themselves bigger than life at Condi’s expense.

Do you think she will run for president?

If so, will she get your vote?

My understanding of Condi is that she is an abortion supporter and does not actually have a strong stance against certain bad behavior, including in the Muslim world.

I cannot vote for a person who does not value the baby living inside her mother’s womb and who does not see the atrocity which is abortion.

Nevertheless, I think she is more intelligent, more articulate, more shrewd, and more eloquent than anyone the Democrats have in their camp.

William

William2006 on January 11, 2007 at 5:03 PM

Another handle matching his desires…

Entelechy on January 11, 2007 at 4:11 PM

Now THAT was funny.

Freelancer on January 11, 2007 at 4:42 PM

Yes, yes it was.

ReubenJCogburn on January 11, 2007 at 7:52 PM

William, I understand what you mean about some of her comments regarding jihadists and the nations that support them. I chalk this up to State-speak, diplo-talk. Diplomacy is always on call. I guess that’s why folks like me don’t aspire to higher office. I wouldn’t last a day. The first time something stupid was asked of me by a reporter I would have the guy/girl in tears screaming for their mummie. The same goes for a world leader, diplomacy would be out the door when they cross the line.

As for Rice, no I don’t think she’ll run, but I’d love a Gingrich/Rice ticket. Two intellectuals, one well versed in history the other in world affairs. Could you just imagine the pres/VP debates. Gingrich waxing Hillary and Condi spanking Obama. I’m not a conservative who puts all of his eggs in the abortion basket. Don’t misunderstand, I’m opposed to abortion and would like to see Roe-v-Wade over-turned so that it will be settled by the states and not the courts. But I’m not a single issue kind of voter. If I agree with the candidate on most issues, I’m not going to have my vote hinge on the one issue we don’t share in common. The one exception is issues regarding national defense..this is the most important issue always. So the answer is yes, Condi would get my vote..she is competent, bright, and certainly understands the world stage with vast experience under her belt………

ritethinker on January 11, 2007 at 8:01 PM

Condi on abortion:

She opposes partial birth abortion and federal funding of abortion. Liberals described her as “mildly pro-choice” in order to throw people off. She explained her position to Tim Russert and Katie Couric.

Lothar on January 11, 2007 at 10:19 PM

I agree with Sacwanna, Condi is SEXY! She’s no Halle Berry (the gold standard) but her intellect and her political leanings make her (as Ritethinker says) the total package. If she runs for Prez, I will proudly vote for her cause I think she’s the most likely to carry on this war against global islamic jihad.

Tony737 on January 11, 2007 at 10:43 PM

At least she didn’t say “Holy, Holy Koran” again.

She’s a fine Soviet specialist.

As for current work… D+ at best.

profitsbeard on January 11, 2007 at 10:57 PM

I’d wish you guys would stop using the Mushroom cloud pics.

VinceP1974 on January 11, 2007 at 11:02 PM

I would love to have one night with Condi…

Sacwannabe on January 11, 2007 at 1:24 PM

It just might be her first.

infidel4life on January 12, 2007 at 12:46 AM

Fair and balanced.

Kid from Brooklyn on January 11, 2007 at 1:26 PM

LOL. The press playing an adversarial role in a democracy? Nah. Give me lapdogs anyday.

honora on January 12, 2007 at 11:13 AM

honora on January 12, 2007 at 11:13 AM

What do you mean by this?
Whose lapdogs are we talking about?
I can only surmise that you’re branding all the folks at Fox as Conservative “lapdogs” when we have to put up with Colmes and Shep Smith, not to mention Greta “Crime wh*re” Van Sustern and Bill “Independent” O’Reilly.
Fox News isn’t really all that fair and balanced: it’s just infinitely more fair and “in the middle” than the rest of the Enemedia (ABC, CNN, CBS, NBC, MSNBC. NPR, C-Span, PBS, etc., etc., etc.–and those are just the TV outlets of the Liberal MSM!).

God Bless Condi and I do so wish she’d run for the White House in ’08!
She could win a cage match against Hillary.

Jen the Neocon on January 12, 2007 at 4:19 PM