Wes Clark slams influence of “New York money people” on Iran policy

posted at 6:17 pm on January 10, 2007 by Allahpundit

The full quote, lest you doubt the context:

When we asked him what made him so sure the Bush administration was headed in this direction [of war with Iran], he replied: “You just have to read what’s in the Israeli press. The Jewish community is divided but there is so much pressure being channeled from the New York money people to the office seekers.”

I’m sure by “money people” he just means “AIPAC,” or “neocons.” Or “hook noses.”

It’s the code-word flip side of “San Francisco liberal” but with a thousand times the amount of historical baggage. That’s the bad news. The good news? He’s probably the nutroots frontrunner now for president.

Vote Clark/Gibson in ’08!

mel.jpg

Comments

Teh Joozors!!!11!!eleven

JasonG on January 10, 2007 at 6:24 PM

Where did you get the Hilter 1928 quote? Oh, that was Clark. How could I get the two confused?

stonemeister on January 10, 2007 at 6:24 PM

Next Clark will use the “N” word. NO-MONEY NEW YORK PEOPLE!

Wade on January 10, 2007 at 6:27 PM

Those pesky Jews, again.

Clark – the stealth anti-Semite candidate.

Stormy70 on January 10, 2007 at 6:27 PM

2000:

Can’s Slep, the Clowns will Eat me!

2007:

Can’t Sleep! The Jooz will eat me!

Mazztek on January 10, 2007 at 6:41 PM

Ask Wes Clark why General Hugh Shelton had “no confidence” in his leadership.

MCPO Airdale on January 10, 2007 at 6:46 PM

Hymietown is filled with money peeps.

JammieWearingFool on January 10, 2007 at 6:57 PM

Well, to be fair to Clark, it’s only the rich Jews that are part of his little conspiracy theory.

Mark V. on January 10, 2007 at 6:58 PM

When did Clark crawl out of his hole?

rplat on January 10, 2007 at 7:01 PM

Interesting conspiracy theory given that most American Jews seem intent on capitulating to the very people who want to wipe Israel off the map.

I thought fundamentalist Christianity was guiding Bush’s policies based upon what the Left has been saying. Now I find out all along it has been the Jooooooooooooozzzzzzz!

RW Wacko on January 10, 2007 at 7:09 PM

Zionists with money.

Rick on January 10, 2007 at 7:09 PM

New York Money Men eh?
Well I guess that explains Leiberman’s narrow victory over Ned “the people’s choice” Lamont.
The NEW YORK MONEY MEN made the half-day drive into Connecticut and pulled out a victory for their old buddy Joe.

billy on January 10, 2007 at 7:20 PM

Hymietown is filled with money peeps.

JammieWearingFool on January 10, 2007 at 6:57 PM

When I change my underwear, I’ll try to think of something that hysterical.

seejanemom on January 10, 2007 at 7:34 PM

Jewish Democrats: “He didn’t really say that. And besides, abortion, abortion, church and state, crazy fundies, blah, blah, blah.”

Not that I’m cynical.

Attila (Pillage Idiot) on January 10, 2007 at 7:42 PM

It’s like the new sects of Judaism:
Where once we had Orthodox, Conservative, and Reformed
We now have Mossad agents, Neo-cons, and New York money men.

“Where are ya gonna get your boy Bar Mitzvah-ed, Moishie?”
“Temple Beth Warmonger”
“Oh how nice, a New York money men ceremony.”

billy on January 10, 2007 at 7:51 PM

funny Billy…

robo on January 10, 2007 at 7:54 PM

Fun with BubblePLY

Greg Tinti on January 10, 2007 at 8:11 PM

Oh Mr. AP:

Clark’s paternal great-grandfather immigrated to the United States from Belarus in response the Pale of Settlement and anti-Semitic violence from pogroms.

I’m not convinced that was an anti-semitic remark. Why are you?

Andy in Agoura Hills on January 10, 2007 at 8:33 PM

Vladimir Zhirinovsky has a Jewish Father but that doesn’t stop him from proposing Anti-Seimitic policies along with his virulent populist Nationalism. His Father is actually buried in a Tel-Aviv suburb, but that hasn’t stopped him from praising Hitler.

To use a Great-Grandparent to ward off echoes of Hymietown is weak tea to say the least.

libertarianuberalles on January 10, 2007 at 8:42 PM

I’m not convinced that was an anti-semitic remark. Why are you?

Andy in Agoura Hills on January 10, 2007 at 8:33 PM

Well…
Why would Clark, a career Army officer be reading the Israeli press for guidance on the Administration’s policy in Iran?
What does one have to do with the other?
Doesn’t he have his own sources within the Pentagon?
No one who could say “This is what we have cooked up for Iraq…”
And how do the “New York money men” have any bearing on this at all?
This is all one series of non sequitors unless Clark believes:
a) Wealthy New York Jews are calling the shots

b) They are leaking their plans to the Israeli press

and c) the only way real Americans can figure out where this country is heading is by reading Haretz.
Sound anti-Semitic yet Andy?

billy on January 10, 2007 at 8:52 PM

libertarianuberalles on January 10, 2007 at 8:42 PM
billy on January 10, 2007 at 8:52 PM

Okay. I’m convinced. He’s a Jew-hating b@st@rd.

Andy in Agoura Hills on January 10, 2007 at 8:57 PM

I always thought the one good thing about retired officers was that I did not have to listen to them any more…

And he is not even my service!

And thanks for that one billy. Now I have to wipe the spit off my monitor…

Militant Bibliophile on January 10, 2007 at 9:16 PM

Temple Beth Warmonger…

Heh.

Militant Bibliophile on January 10, 2007 at 9:17 PM

Well, I’m willing to admit I do take my orders from the New York Money People, but only in money matters.

Kralizec on January 10, 2007 at 10:19 PM

Thanks for posting it, AP. Clark understands about as much as General Brown did back when Nixon ran the show.

SpartRan on January 10, 2007 at 10:32 PM

Wes Clark, with the way he had run his mouth, has shown no sense whatsoever for some time. It is time that everyone should start realizing that Clark does not have sound judgment.

Phil Byler on January 10, 2007 at 10:45 PM

Is anyone else bothered by the fact that Wesley Clark is a retired four-star general and NATO commander? He and Colin Powell are enough to really make me wonder about the quality of our top military leadership.
At least we still had Stormin’ Norman Schwarzkopf when we needed him!

Lancer on January 10, 2007 at 11:26 PM

Yeah, keep up that anti-semitic rant. I like my Dems to keep the crazy on…helps my other party regain power.

thedecider on January 10, 2007 at 11:49 PM

Yeah, I can see a Clark/Jackson ticket for the dems in 08. Vote Whitey and Hymie…it’s 08 so now is the timey……

ritethinker on January 11, 2007 at 12:27 AM

I saw this wus tonight on O’Reilley – they were both pretty inhoherent.

Hopefully he will run, along with Mr. Kerry. We need at least 7 dwarfs with snowwhite…only bad – they’d make her look pristine.

Entelechy on January 11, 2007 at 1:24 AM

What does one have to do with the other?
Doesn’t he have his own sources within the Pentagon?

Nope. Remember when he complained: “How come Newsweek can find Bin Laden, but our own military can’t?!”

Newsweek reported that Bin Laden was somewhere in southern Afghanistan. Clark didn’t know that Newsweek had gotten that information from the DOD.

What a maroon.

Tuning Spork on January 11, 2007 at 1:58 AM

I still matter! See! I’m Wesley Clark! I’m a retired General! Helloooo!!! I was Clinton’s man in charge of Kosovo’s campaign!

LOOK AT MEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh, and teh jooos are in bed with teh stoopid Cheney Bushroveburton!

Oh, and I bombed white people, so it’s okay, peaceniks!

Black Adam on January 11, 2007 at 7:51 AM

Is Karl Rove a Jew?
It’s the Jews, alway the Jews. If it’s not finding a cure for a decease, keeping the Dems out of Jail, creating great masterpieces of music, running the ACLU, creating great movies, or blowing up the trade center, they are running the government. Busy people these Jews.

right2bright on January 11, 2007 at 10:13 AM

What’s sad is that it doesnt really matter. The dems can insult the Jews all they want and they’ll still get the Jewish vote. Same thing with the way they treat blacks, and thats hasnt hurt them yet.

Labamigo on January 11, 2007 at 11:35 AM