Video: Lid blown off Tiggergate!

posted at 5:17 pm on January 10, 2007 by Allahpundit

In the near future, there’ll only be five types of videos on YouTube.

1. Soccer highlights.
2. Clips from the Daily Show and Colbert Report.
3. Embarrassing footage of politicians uploaded by their opponents.
4. Cheesecake of Japanese gravure idols and race queens.
5. Conspiracy theories.

Here’s one from category 5. Bombshell.

Update: He’s onto something.

Union representative Donna Lyne Dalton said it was the teenager who was agitating the character, and she said it is clear from the videotape that the boy’s parents were telling him not to get so close to Tigger.

The Teamsters represent Disney characters and other hourly employees at Walt Disney World. Dalton said Michael J. Fedelem, who plays Tigger, said the teen grabbed him from the back of his costume, cutting off the air to him.

Fedelem said because of limited peripheral vision from the headpiece, he didn’t realize when he swatted over with his arm, he didn’t realize he was hitting the teen.

The family’s lawyer says Tigger was tired and cranky and signalling that he wanted to leave, and that’s when he popped junior in his eye.

Comments

I’m still trying to figure out where the alleged hitting ocurred.

Metro on January 10, 2007 at 5:22 PM

Who’s narrating that video, Alan Dershowitz?

Attila (Pillage Idiot) on January 10, 2007 at 5:24 PM

Tigger needs to hunt down that punk and Jimmy Hoffa him.

spmat on January 10, 2007 at 5:27 PM

I never really saw a point to the controversy. Tigger moved his arm to grab the kid’s arm and only grazed the kid’s beak

Opinionnation on January 10, 2007 at 5:30 PM

Tigger bopped me in the face with a soft fluffy costume… I DEMAND A BILLION DOLLARS and A Permenant “Line Skip Ride Pass”

Jones Zemkophill on January 10, 2007 at 5:41 PM

I saw an interview with the kid. He was annoying. Tigger should have knocked him down and kicked him. Twice.

Doghouse on January 10, 2007 at 5:45 PM

The Zapruder film of a new millennia!

Back, and to the left, Tigger. Back, and to the left…

Ed Driscoll on January 10, 2007 at 5:47 PM

for real. it’s not a big deal except this presents itself as a golden opportunity to punnish lawsuit abuse.

jummy on January 10, 2007 at 5:52 PM

In a way, guess the Tigger cast member, is getting his union dues worth. Glad to see money go for the purpose it should be going for, protecting the employee.

The kid and parent seem like really abnoxious people. Most normal people would have let it go and moved on. I think these people are out for the buck or Mickey Mouse’s wallet. Now a lawyer is in there, he isn’t there out of the goodness of his heart.

StuLongIsland on January 10, 2007 at 5:52 PM

The Zapruder film of a new millennia!

The “single slap” theory? I swear it wasn’t the kid, there’s a shadow on the grassy knoll behind Tigger…

JetBoy on January 10, 2007 at 5:55 PM

I don’t know Tigger. As a kid the tigers chased ya around a house until they turn into butter. Maybe that was different character.

gary on January 10, 2007 at 5:59 PM

I believe there was a second slapper behind the tilt-o-whirl!

I can’t believe I watched a Tigger assault debunking video??
Why ! Why !
The Shame ! Oh The Shame !

186k on January 10, 2007 at 6:05 PM

As a long time visitor and lover of all things (except the CEO and Board) Disney…I am sick and gosh darn tired of hearing about people finding any excuse they can to sue Disney. This kid is a punk, and his family’s out to gain.

Now, if Tigger had cold cocked the little git, maybe we’d have something to talk about. I’d still be rooting for Tig, probably, but we’d have something REAL to discuss.

tickleddragon on January 10, 2007 at 6:11 PM

Someone needs to make a “loose change” version of the Tigger incident, hehe.

Spassvogel on January 10, 2007 at 6:13 PM

If I were the Dad’s employer, I’d be keeping a close eye on him from now on. He’s a flim-flam artist, and a poor one at that.

Mommy ought to wash both their mouths out with soap and put them in timeout for a week.

Dusty on January 10, 2007 at 6:27 PM

Who’s narrating that video, Alan Dershowitz?

Never mind that, who was the camera operator? The guy who filmed the Saddam hanging?

Mallard T. Drake on January 10, 2007 at 6:31 PM

Mommy should be tried for birthing an idiot brat.

Wade on January 10, 2007 at 6:34 PM

Fraud is such an important lesson to teach your KIDS – “OK, let’s repeat – MY NECK HURTS!”

iam7545 on January 10, 2007 at 6:34 PM

Where’s the laser-guided planes?

Good Lt on January 10, 2007 at 6:34 PM

First of all, the kid was screwing with Tigger’s head and/or suit. Second of all, Tigger CLEARLY didn’t intend to “punch” the kid… he was reaching around his hand and grazed the kid’s face by mistake.

RightWinged on January 10, 2007 at 6:35 PM

the explanation that I read was that the kid pulled DOWN (but not to the left) on Tigger’s tail, and that resulted in the costume tail harness rig going UP and BETWEEN Tigger’s legs, resulting in what is called in medical terminology, the “punch someone who racks you” reflex (PSWRY Reflex), also known as “the Playground Response.”

wordwarp on January 10, 2007 at 6:37 PM

The Teamsters represent Tigger?

Oh, that boy is going to disappear…

Mazztek on January 10, 2007 at 6:39 PM

Man, are you dating yourself, or what?!

Bob's Kid on January 10, 2007 at 6:46 PM

Who’s narrating that video, Alan Dershowitz?

LOL!!!

The Ugly American on January 10, 2007 at 6:51 PM

These are thugs who were out to get money. They probably fake auto accidents to defraud insurance companies, too. What a sham! They should be arrested.

d1carter on January 10, 2007 at 7:03 PM

The civil action will never see the inside of a courtroom. I only hope Disney doesn’t pony up anything. There was no harm incurred by the dolt, so no jury would award damages, especially not in Central Florida where Disney reigns supreme.

BTW, how many times you think the kid is getting his arse kicked in school after complaining about having his feelings hurt by Tigger. What a loser.

RW Wacko on January 10, 2007 at 7:16 PM

I know Tigger. Tigger is a friend of mine. And that, sir, was no Tigger. I say treat him like the lacrosse player he is.

GPE on January 10, 2007 at 7:26 PM

Where’s gay robot when you need him?

SouthernGent on January 10, 2007 at 7:27 PM

Good catch.. that’s the FIRST thing I noticed when I saw the videos. When Tigger whallops the dumbass kid, the kid quite obviously has a grip on SOME part of Tigger’s costume in the back! Then I heard a segment where Tigger was reported to have said he had his air cut off. Then a re-watch of the video, I can tell that sheeethead brat WAS yanking on Tigger’s costume! You cut my air off, I’m makin you a soprano, junior! And I don’t mean the HBO type… you may be revisiting pre-puberty quickly. Suffocation or the anticipation thereof will quickly cause someone to react defensively. Said brat seemed his arm was definitely attached to Tiggers costume in the back.

I wish someone in the park could come up with a video with a different view, showing the little turd yanking Tigger’s shell. Now THAT would be TOTAL justice, as well as vindication for Tigger!

MsUnderestimated on January 10, 2007 at 7:35 PM

It’s a good thing Jerry isn’t Muslim. Or is he?!?!?!?!!!!!

bloggless on January 10, 2007 at 7:36 PM

Did anyone see the bloated pus bag father’s interview?

Oh..he is so everything about America I love to hate.

High prole, waited his whole life to go to Disney, because Lord knows that’s real (certainly not manufactured)fun of the highest order. And my kid was wronged, and I want reparations, and I want , I want, I want……

seejanemom on January 10, 2007 at 7:44 PM

Seejane, where might I view the “bloated pus bag’s father”?

bloggless on January 10, 2007 at 7:50 PM

It was an open-pawed slap, if anything. But it certainly didn’t look intentional to me. Except for the arm lock. That was pretty slick.

Just let this be a lesson to your kids: you want to get an education–and get it quick–so you don’t have to have sucky jobs like wearing a tigger costume and be pestered by punk teens and their parents.

Hack Ptui on January 10, 2007 at 8:07 PM

Can we please get the 9/11 Commission to look into this matter as soon as possible.

JayHaw Phrenzie on January 10, 2007 at 8:15 PM

It would be really wrong to tell my kids “behave, or Tigger’s gonna get you”, wouldn’t it?

I’m just asking…

MamaAJ on January 10, 2007 at 8:15 PM

Where was park security? Don’t those performers have escorts (or supposed to have)?

liquidflorian on January 10, 2007 at 8:22 PM

Can we get tigger and the father in a cage match?

ot: Sex-Ed? something I think you guys should follow up on :)

Lord Nazh on January 10, 2007 at 8:40 PM

If Tigger assaulted the kid out of the blue, why did the mother immediately yell at the kid?

- The Cat

MirCat on January 10, 2007 at 8:48 PM

In the near future, there’ll only be five types of videos on YouTube…

Dude, whaddaya mean “near future?” That’s the only junk on GooTube right now.

ScottMcC on January 10, 2007 at 9:14 PM

There’s really only one way to settle who is at fault. Who’s the Jew? Tigger or the wussy kid?

RW Wacko on January 10, 2007 at 9:41 PM

“Can’t we all just get along?”

armyvet on January 10, 2007 at 10:13 PM

The kid and his father are both obnoxious jerks. I’ve seen teen punks hit the characters at Disney World more times then I would like to admit. These characters are supposed to have escorts but they all seem to flock to Cinderella, Snow White, Jasmine, etc.

Catie96706 on January 10, 2007 at 10:33 PM

I was at Disneyland many years ago with my wife. We were standing in the Pirates of the Carribean ride, whe one of the street lamp poles fell down into us. It missed everyone, but clipped someone. But no one was hurt. The Disney people came along and asked, if anyone was hurt. Everyone raised their hands.

had enough yet?

I was there anotehr time and some huge mexcian looking gang members were walking long and som guy with a can brushed by them. The huge gang members turned violent and demanded to know where the guy that accidently bumped them went, they went after him to kil the poor soul.

Disneland is a farce, with 5% of the people scumbags. Woulnd’t you like to be a fly on the wall in the employee locker room?

retired on January 10, 2007 at 10:52 PM

As Tony Two Toes said: “Nobody f–ks with the Teamsters.”

The Monster on January 10, 2007 at 11:14 PM

Which end at Giants Stadium are these people going to be “seated” next week?

StuLongIsland on January 10, 2007 at 11:42 PM

The Zapruder film of a new millennia!

JetBoy on January 10, 2007 at 5:55 PM

belonging to an unidentified slapper from the “Free Pooh” movement.

Emmett J. on January 11, 2007 at 12:16 AM

Tigger needs to slap a lawsuit on the kid and his family.

GoodBoy on January 11, 2007 at 12:44 AM

Who’s narrating that video, Alan Dershowitz?

sounded more like Woody Allen to me.

jjjen on January 11, 2007 at 12:44 AM

If you watch real close at the end of the video, it appears the Tigger character is expressing some concern to the brat, showing me the incident was unintentional.

Whether a set up or just an accident, it is clear the family sees a golden mouse. The punks eye glasses weren’t even knocked off!!!!!

It appears to me that Tigger got off balance and fell back, not locking the punks arm, but trying to gain balance.

LewWaters on January 11, 2007 at 12:50 AM

The Zapruder film of a new millennia!

Back, and to the left, Tigger. Back, and to the left…

If you run the tape thru an analyzer you can clearly hear three shots from the grassy knoll to the right of the screen!!

Gwillie on January 11, 2007 at 4:09 AM

Obviously part of a larger, more sinister government plot to take a way our rights. Bah.

hillbillyjim on January 11, 2007 at 8:05 AM

Roy Horn was unavailable for comment.

James on January 11, 2007 at 8:15 AM

Understanding that wearing a costume like that means having no peripheral vision, it has always looked to me like Tigger simply swung around to try to push the kids arm away -first lifting the arm to clear the kid in front he could see, then coming around and down, straight for the kid’s arm. The fact the kid’s face was in that path was coincidental and unknown to Tigger, who simply couldn’t see him.

taznar on January 11, 2007 at 9:22 AM

As my kids are fond of saying to each other, “That didn’t hurt”.

bloggless on January 11, 2007 at 9:28 AM

First time I saw this video, it looked to me like that punk kid was bothering Tigger. Not the other way around. Damn kids!

serpentineshel on January 11, 2007 at 9:36 AM

I watched the interview Hannah Storm did with the family on the SeeBS “Mourning Show”. I swear the kid sounded like he should have been telling his friend, “Shut up, Bevis!!” The father said they took the kid to the emergency room, and they gave him painkillers!!! (the kid talks like he’s already way too medicated if you ask me)

Oy gevalt!!

BigOrangeAxe on January 11, 2007 at 10:49 AM

umm, tiggergate? where’s mrs malkin?

THeDRiFTeR on January 11, 2007 at 12:10 PM

Tigger is innocent!

That was not hit!

If anyone really thinks that is a hit, they have NEVER watched a REAL fight!

Watch K-1 fights. Watch UFC. Watch boxing. Watch full contact karate. Watch kick boxing. Watch Muay Thai.

If after watching any of those someone still thinks that Tigger laid into that punk kid, then that person who believes so needs therapy.

William