Video: Pelosi elected Speaker of the House

posted at 3:16 pm on January 4, 2007 by Allahpundit

She promised that the gavel would be “in the hands of America’s children.” And she delivered.

gavel.jpg

I didn’t bother with her or Boehner’s speech, which sounded the predictable obligatory notes. I did include a sighting of the celebrity praetorian guard in the gallery, though. No “unseemly, imperial” Democratic scrapbook moment would be complete without them.

Ladies and gents, zero hour is at hand.

Update: “The lying criminal whore, Granny Rictus McCadaverImplants, aint my Speaker of the House.”

Comments

Entelechy on January 5, 2007 at 2:40 PM

You are right, great suits, I should have given credit where credit is due. But then, every person on the hill has a great tailor…they can afford it.

right2bright on January 5, 2007 at 2:49 PM

I thought it was too rich seeing the most celebrated member of the Babykilling party with all those children who had actually made it out of the womb…
Don’t know about you, but I didn’t elect Nancy to a thing.
And I thought that Secretary of State Dr. Condi Rice was and is the most powerful woman in America and in the Free World, if it comes to that.

Nancy needs to get over herself big time.
The Dhimms in Congress *had* to elect her Shreaker of the House after all her posturing about measuring Hastert’s office for drapes, “our party has to put a woman on the throne.,” etc. etc. etc.
Everything they do is posturing, window dressing and tokenism.
IMO, she comes across as the quentissential B*tchy Boss or Bossy B*tch, whichever you prefer.
She’s gonna give us all lots of headaces and heartburn, so load up on Excedrin and Pepcid…and popcorn.
I know I have.

Jen the Neocon on January 5, 2007 at 3:30 PM

Nice to see a woman for a change. Fabulous suit!!!

honora on January 5, 2007 at 10:40 AM

…one more brilliant, incisive, perceptive, comprehensive, and well-supported comment from someone who always has a non-stupid, non-biased, non-bitchy comment to make

( to translate the above, apply Heavy & Total Sarcasm )

Janos Hunyadi on January 5, 2007 at 5:26 PM

Nice to see a woman for a change. Fabulous suit!!!

honora on January 5, 2007 at 10:40 AM

And fabulous 12mm golden south sea akoya pearl necklace, humble servant to the people! That necklace is worth $30,000 and that’s the second one I’ve seen she wears. (The first also has tahitian black pearls…) I really focus on this jewelry, maybe because Feinstain has similar necklaces and it all comes from China and Feinstain’s husband has questionable dealings with China…

NTWR on January 5, 2007 at 6:47 PM

For crying out loud Nancy, act like you been there before! She looked like a deer in headlights the entire time.

Her giddiness during the entire ceremony was very uncomfortable to watch. Regardless of my personal feelings towards her politics, I hope she is going to lead the house with more maturity than that.

csdeven on January 5, 2007 at 11:48 PM

If you were a member of a group who had never had one of their own in this position, believe me you would think it was nice. I had the same reaction to Albright and Rice. Take a breath why don’t you.

honora on January 5, 2007 at 11:31 AM

I am a member of that group and it don’t think it’s “nice” in the least.
Nancy’s behavior exemplifies the reason that the condition called “hysteria” was linked with women–she’s gotten to the “top” of Congress by shrieking, shrewishness, tokenism and cronyism, not by sheer ability.
It’s no wonder President Ford, whose highest goal was to be Speaker of the House (like my Democrat relative Sam Rayburn), expired before he had to stomach Princess Nancy in that place!
Where was the feminist hoopla over Dr. Condi? Or Liddy Dole? Or Kay Bailey Hutchison?
For that matter, not only is Dem Jane Harman worlds smarter than Pelosi, so are Congresswomen Heather Wilson and Kay Granger!
Nancy was elected SPOTH so they could have just the photo op and love fest that we were all subjected to yesterday–disgraceful.
And for the cherry on the sundae, it was for the children! As if the Clintons didn’t beleaguer us with that for 8 long years…
I don’t have any children. Where’s my representation in D.C.?

Jen the Neocon on January 6, 2007 at 12:27 PM

Every d*mned one of those snot factories looks carved out of a twelve pound block of Mascarpone!

How about some color up there, Nonna…

Where is the token brown one? Even BUSH 41 had one of them.

seejanemom on January 6, 2007 at 9:18 PM

HEY , HONORA—–

GET A CLUE!!! If its all about the shoes for you, just be sure she doesn’t want you to dress NEAR that well, sugar. So the only hreads like those you’ll ever see, IF SHE HAS HER WAY, is on her back. You poor dolt.

seejanemom on January 6, 2007 at 9:22 PM

Pelosi will abuse her power the way Nurse Ratched did.

In fact, from now on, we should call her Nurse Ratched.

She’s got the power and we are the patients in this real life “One Flew Over The Cuckoo’s Nest”.

She won’t use “her power” to fight jihad, she’ll use it to attack Bush and further divide our nation.

flagwaver on January 7, 2007 at 6:45 PM