Video: HamNation on the Duke lacrosse case

posted at 12:59 pm on December 29, 2006 by Allahpundit

A walking tour of Durham, North Carolina, and the many sordid events that never actually happened there. The best HamNation to date, in my opinion.

Better get rid of that director, though. Fifteen seconds of dead air at the end? Tsk tsk.

Click the image to watch.

ham-durham.jpg

Comments

Mmmmmm… Ham…

Mazztek on December 29, 2006 at 1:06 PM

Great Job Mary Katharine! To many innocent victims. Will we hear an apology from the 88 professors? I hope Nifong gets plenty of time in prison.

infidel on December 29, 2006 at 2:21 PM

Dur–Ham,

Where I did not get to see MKH play in a game of lacrosse. Hey! She looked pretty skillful/adept at the tail end of that video clip. Maybe SHE should be playing, ya’ think?

CyberCipher on December 29, 2006 at 2:41 PM

Nice video! The “Duke 88″ and Richard “Dick” Brodhead should be summarily fired by their clientss-Duke students/parents and alumni.

SouthernGent on December 29, 2006 at 2:43 PM

Yep, pretty good. MKH won’t think you’re cute if you keep hatin’ on her dad though Allah.:)

Scot on December 29, 2006 at 2:57 PM

Will we hear an apology from the 88 professors?

When I was a grad student at Penn in the mid-80′s, there was a racial uproar on campus involving a white faculty member supposedly making inappropriate remarks to a black student. While it started with student protests, eventually black faculty members entered the fray, and I remember a teacher by the name of Houston Baker leading the charge.

Flash forward to the Duke rape case, and I’m watching a piece on TV about it. They’re interviewing a black faculty member at Duke who’s criticizing Duke University and it’s lacrosse team and who is it? None other than…Houston Baker!

Wonder what this guy has to say now? I’m sure he still thinks the Duke players are guilty anyway.

I didn’t think it was possible to have a “low-rent” version of Sharpton or Jesse Jackson, but that’s Houston Baker.

asc85 on December 29, 2006 at 3:25 PM

Mary may of said this in front of the house.

This is where the nice innocent young men hired a whore for their entertainment, but being the respectable young lads that they are, they had the decency and class, not to rape the whore.

Mark was here on December 29, 2006 at 4:38 PM

I have to agree. All evidence that we have certainly points to the innocence of the lacrosse players and malfeasance on the part of Nifong and Duke University in order to score political points. The team clearly had less than outstanding behavior on its mind by going to such a party, though. Undeserved though it may be, they still opened themselves to the possibility of this nightmare by choosing to misbehave in the first place.

flutejpl on December 29, 2006 at 5:07 PM

CyberCipher: 3-time champions of the Southeastern Conference.

Boo yah.

Heh, we were just club, but it was fun.

marykatharine on December 29, 2006 at 7:02 PM

WE LOVE HAM AT HOTAIR.

mary katherine : The only, ONLY white meat that counts!

seejanemom on December 29, 2006 at 8:07 PM

CyberCipher: 3-time champions of the Southeastern Conference.

marykatharine on December 29, 2006 at 7:02 PM

As Darth Vader would say, “Impressive.”

mary katherine : The only, ONLY white meat that counts!
seejanemom on December 29, 2006 at 8:07 PM

Good one. Wish I’d thought of it. (Pork…the other white meat.)

CyberCipher on December 29, 2006 at 9:07 PM

This whole sad saga makes me feel ill. Most (if not all) of us suffered occasional lapses of judgment and morality at that age. Unlike those kids at Duke, most of us were fortunate enough not to suffer those lapses in the presence of an extortionist prostitute in a town with a Machiavellian district attorney willing to do ANYTHING to pander to the minority base whose support he so desperately needed for re-election.

Yes, there is some prosection required here. But it should be Nifong and the semen-dump wearing the orange jumpsuits in front of a judge.

Just when I think I’ve seen the low point in ethics, folks like those two come along and shake my faith in humanity further. Well done, Nifong! We lawyers needed more reasons for self-loathing and public mistrust.

And, Mary Katharine, your reporting continues to be stellar. Unlike Allah, I’ll take 15 seconds of your dead air any time. It still beats 15 seconds of CNN broadcasting.

SailorDave on December 30, 2006 at 6:52 AM

Make that “prosecution” in paragraph 2. I think prosection is some sort of urological procedure.

SailorDave on December 30, 2006 at 6:54 AM

Kids? Extortionist prostitute? Give me a break. Children do not hire whores to dance for them. Children do not even hire clowns. Adults hire entertainers. These adults hired a whore. They invited her in to their house. The whore did not knock on their door like a vacuum salesman and offer talk his way inside. I’ll be surprised if this is the first time “these children” invited a whore to perform.

Sure Nifong is an idiot. He wanted to use the whore for his benefit. The kiddies wanted to use the whore for their benefit also. The whore? She probably just wanted to turn tricks. Looks like they all just deserved each other.

Trying to defend the behavior of the whore mongers is silly.

Mark was here on December 30, 2006 at 1:12 PM

Actually, Mark, I don’t think that anybody is trying to defend the behavior of people who hire exotic dancers or the behavior of the exotic dancers either.

The issue is PROSECUTORIAL MISCONDUCT. The complaint is that the prosecutor is VIOLATING the civil rights of 3 men accused of a crime, and that this violation is deliberate because his only goal is securing scalps for his trophy case.

And it is interesting to note that the famous ACLU, which rushes to the courthouse to sue at the drop of a hat if a religious symbol is somehow evoked in the public square, is COMPLETELY ABSENT WHEN THE MOST IMPORTANT CIVIL RIGHT, the one where a person accused GETS A FAIR TRIAL is willfully RAPED by a CORRUPT PUBLIC OFFICIAL interested only in advancing his career over the BODIES OF 3 WHITE MEN.

But don’t seem to understand this, do you? You seem to think that is is ONLY about defending whore mongers for whore mongering. Guess again.

georgej on December 30, 2006 at 2:26 PM

Well then Sailor Dave is then making excuses up for them, if not as you say defending them, by saying everyone dose it, so what’s the big deal?

George then asked:

But don’t seem to understand this, do you? You seem to think that is ONLY about defending whore mongers for whore mongering. Guess again.

Nifong is an idiot. I’ll say it for the second time. Yes the rape charges were a farce. Yes Nifong was playing to the African rooted folks in his village. And yes, this whole affair could of been avoided if the children were doing their homework instead of whore mongering.

I think that Mary’s video would of been more complete if she would of been more accurate about what did and did not happen in the house. The children were not only playing with matches, they ordered out for gasoline.

Mark was here on December 30, 2006 at 6:22 PM

Not that I would personally do it myself, but seriously … is hiring a stripper illegal in that state? I doubt it. Whatever your moral distaste for what the boys did (and I personally have a few) they did nothing illegal, and do no deserve to be publically labled as rapists. This should have gone no further than their parents and the school.

Suspensions possibly, and parents dealing out some hard discipline. … but of course the media and the left are all about the super nanny government sticking its nose everywhere.

YAY FOR BIG BROTHER! I just love the so-called “liberty” the left is selling these days.

One Angry Christian on December 31, 2006 at 9:57 AM