The Hot Air interviews, 2006

Ramesh Ponnuru
Ilario Pantano
Mark Steyn *2
Doolittle Raiders
Robert Spencer *2

Download Vent for your iPod

Comments

Bases well covered, as usual. I adore Robert Spencer. He is so genuine and scary all at the same time.

But nothing about Barrack Hussein Obama’s interview?

seejanemom on December 29, 2006 at 9:25 AM

Can’t wait to see next year’s interviews! They are so educational.

(recommendation – Steven Emerson – expert on jihad in America, and author of several books, including “Jihad Incorporated” – A Guide to militant Islam in America)

flagwaver on December 29, 2006 at 9:46 AM

Happy New Year Michelle, Hot Air folk, contributors, and participants!

Wishing everyone a Happy, Healthy, Safe, Prosperous New Year!

(Perhaps in the New Year Hot Air will even number the comments on their presentations for easy reference.)

omegaram on December 29, 2006 at 12:58 PM

The Doolittle Raiders are one of my favorite stories from WW2. I absolutely loved all these interviews…the recap was great. Thanks to all and best wishes for the new year!

infidel on December 29, 2006 at 3:27 PM

Happy New Year and a Peace Free coming 2007I am so proud to have come across this site and read and listen to the xcellent work you all have done here. Thanks for the encouraging interviews and being bold in going after the liberal agenda’s of the left and the MSM. I look forward to more of your excellent work, your all great but I am partial to Spencer and Steyn who really need to get on the tube and get to a larger audience. Bless all of you, go forard on your wonderfull journey.

bones47 on December 29, 2006 at 4:38 PM

Thanks for the recap and for providing these interviews. I missed the first one by Ramesh Ponnuru, and your link gave me a chance to visit the full interview. Congratulations to HotAir for an impressive 2006.

Kevin on December 29, 2006 at 6:19 PM

Robert Spencer possesses such quiet and unsophisticated strength. I admire him greatly.

May we all be inspired more by him and others like him.

All the best for 2007 to all associated with HOTAiR. I love it that Tony737 calls us HotAirHeads.

Entelechy on December 29, 2006 at 6:32 PM

A great start for a terrific web site. I have really enjoyed your interviews. I wish you would have more round tables, a la The View. I would like to see you gather a bunch of military charity heads, like Soldiers Angels, Operation Gratitude, etc for a discussion.
A small question; how many shirts does Michelle own? My count is over one hundred…

Babs on December 29, 2006 at 7:07 PM

Entel, just to clarify, cons are HotHeads, libs are AirHeads, and together on HotAir, we’re all HotAirHeads :-) I meant to ask you on another thread, you seem to know a lot about Ceausecue (even how to spell it!) are you from Romania? I know a few people who escaped when it was commie and they can tell some stories!

As to the Doolittle thread, I’ve met his grandson, Jimmy the 3rd. He works for the same airline as I (SWA) and you guys might not believe this, but one time he was the First Officer on a flight whose Capt was (get this) BILLY MITCHELL! The GREAT grandson of THE Billy Mitchell! I was a boarding agent back then, I looked at the paperwork, saw the names on the Crew list and said “Is this like a joke or something?” But it wasn’t. Both of them were so cool. The passangers were lined up to board the plane, I got on the mic and told them about it but they just looked at me like “Who?” I said “Oh, nevermind!”

Happy New Year HotAirHeads!

DON’T DRINK AND DRIVE DAMMIT!

Wow, what a year ’06 was:

Especially last night – Saddam hanged! We saw Ethiopian troops take Somalia from islamic radicals, what other good news did we have this year?

On the personal side: WHAT A YEAR! I asked Shana to marry me (she said YES!), I changed jobs (within the same company, SWA), got married, bought a house and moved to another state (from FL to DE), and became a daddy! All within 2006! Wheeeewwwww!

On the downside, we had many Troops killed in the war against islamic imperialism, we lost the Croc Hunter Steve Irwin, we lost the midterm elections to the dhimmicrats, we lost Mel Gibson to psycho-paranoia, we lost Rummy, Kim detonated a nuke (sort of), Iran, Syria, James Brown, Gerald Ford. What else?

Anybody else wanna share their look back at the year?

Tony737 on December 30, 2006 at 8:09 PM

Tony, what a year you’ve had! You summed up good 2006 in general too.

Yes, I’m Romanian, born in Transylvania. I came here legally and am an American citizen. I’ll tell you more about it. It’s quite a story. That’s why no one can tell me ‘how good it is in communism/socialism’ and why I adore this system.

Glad you cleared up the HotAirHeads denomination.

All the best to all of us here, our country and our world for 2007!!!

Entelechy on December 31, 2006 at 12:35 AM

Entel, I meet a lot of people in my job and everytime I talk to somebody from the old Eastern Bloc, they’re ALWAYS con/Pubbies because they know what it’s like to live a “socialist paradise” … it SUCKS ASS!

I forgot to add on the ’06 good stuff list above: We nailed Zarqawi! Israel killed loads of Hezbos, Hamas and Fatah are killing each other, we killed AQ’s #3 guy, ummmm what else? Little help here folks?

Tony737 on December 31, 2006 at 6:14 AM

One of the best of 2006, TODAY, is NO MORE Kofi Anan!!!

Biggest loser in the ‘one-world-body’. Now he can write his memoirs, live the good life in Switzerland and b.s. the world some more, blaming the U.S. for all his failures. The adoring a–es will comply gladly and support it all financially and idealistically.

I’m rejoicin’ in his departure from this ‘august’ podium, from which he wasted everything!

Entelechy on December 31, 2006 at 2:00 PM

Happy New Year everyone…
and May God continue to Bless us all.

Zorro on December 31, 2006 at 10:27 PM

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Jane’s IN and OUT List For 2007, for all those who haven’t seen it on the other threads. So don’t strain yourself if you’ve seen it already….heh

seejanemom on January 1, 2007 at 10:50 AM