Call it off!

posted at 7:47 pm on December 29, 2006 by see-dubya

Italian Prime Minister Romano Prodi thinks executing Saddam is unwise.

Also, the Chilean Undersecretary for Foreign Affairs thinks we’re rushing into this.

Other European figureheads are said to “frown”, though their reactions seem more like “shrugs” to me.

Hmmm…maybe we should reconsider, just take some time…

I mean, come on people. Romano Prodi!

PS What the deuce is this? Is Bob Saget pulling the lever?

Saget?

I hope they’ll release the video, but that’s not an appropriate forum.

Comments

The Eurotrash thinks it’s not smart? It’s a good indication the Iraqis are doing the right thing.

steveegg on December 29, 2006 at 7:50 PM

Didn’t you see the Drudge headline? Bob Sagat is hosting the execution :)

BJ* on December 29, 2006 at 7:57 PM

Someone did a nice job with this photo, that I was so happy to share.

JammieWearingFool on December 29, 2006 at 7:58 PM

Its Iraqi funniest execution bloopers and videos !

Coming next zarqawi’s has the 500 Pound blues !

William Amos on December 29, 2006 at 8:01 PM

Here is the first picture of Saddam’s hanging!

lorien1973 on December 29, 2006 at 8:01 PM

Can he at least watch the last few minutes of In Cold Blood first?

Coronagold on December 29, 2006 at 8:01 PM

Really, what’s the deal with Bob Saget there?

JammieWearingFool on December 29, 2006 at 8:02 PM

Don’t you wish he’d be hanged too? Come on now, be honest.

lorien1973 on December 29, 2006 at 8:04 PM

I would like to think it’s just a malfunctioning Googlebot picking the wrong image from KTBS’s site.

see-dubya on December 29, 2006 at 8:04 PM

Didn’t you see the Drudge headline? Bob Sagat is hosting the execution :)

Ah. So when the video of his hanging is uploaded to YouTube, it will contain goofily-voiced narration (“Duh, what does this lever do, Achmed?”), sound effects (boioioioioing), and a laughtrack.

Works for me.

Perpetual Student on December 29, 2006 at 8:16 PM

Off Topic…

Why is Keith Olbermann on the right of the webpage?

Enoxo on December 29, 2006 at 8:20 PM

Because Google is run by a bunch of worthless liberals who love the Olberdouche.

Scot on December 29, 2006 at 8:40 PM

Italian Prime Minister Romano Prodi thinks executing Saddam is unwise wants to avoid any hostile repercussions in Italy.

There, fixed it for ya Romano!

fogw on December 29, 2006 at 8:41 PM

Scot on December 29, 2006 at 8:40 PM

Uh. Those ads are paid for by the advertiser thru blogads, they aren’t google ads. I think the marketing genius just did a bad job at targeting the right audience.

lorien1973 on December 29, 2006 at 8:44 PM

EDIT – its always fittingly above “liberal’s retarded cousin” ad so its pretty fitting, actually.

lorien1973 on December 29, 2006 at 8:44 PM

A side bar on Olberdouche ….

On this historic night when the Butcher of Baghdad is about to meet his maker Satan, MSNBC & Olby are not pre-empting the regularly scheduled program. They are running “The Best of Oddball” (oxymoron).

MSNBC, at the forefront of mediocrity.

fogw on December 29, 2006 at 8:51 PM

Guess this can be a first YouTube hanging. I guess the video will leak to YouTube. A viral video in the making.

StuLongIsland on December 29, 2006 at 8:51 PM

It would kill if Sagat did his spiel from “The Aristocrats” at the hanging!

bbz123 on December 29, 2006 at 8:53 PM

Perky Katie said he will go down in history as the most well hung dictator ever.

quax1 on December 29, 2006 at 9:00 PM

What’s the over/under on Saddam’s wife’s book and Oprah appearance?

freebird on December 29, 2006 at 9:01 PM

“Rush to War!”

“Rush to Execute!”

I bet Mr. Limbaugh would be honored by these headlines.

Tony737 on December 29, 2006 at 9:02 PM

U.S. judge denied stay request.

Entelechy on December 29, 2006 at 9:12 PM

The Chilean undersecretary for foreign affairs, Alberto Van Klaveren, objected to the speed of the execution following the Iraqi leader’s sentencing.

“We have closely followed what occurred in the trial against Saddam Hussein. We believe the application of the death penalty in such a swift manner is contrary to our principles,” Van Klaveren told Radio Biobio.

Well, gee, I guess it’s a good thing that he wasn’t tried and convicted under your principles. Do you even have principles?

rmgraha on December 29, 2006 at 9:13 PM

can Ramsety Clark walk safely anywhere in the world?, as everyone knows he loves everyone..

retired on December 29, 2006 at 9:20 PM

I hope they’ll release the video, but that’s not an appropriate forum.

i almost didn’t get the joke, only because tom bergeron has mateured into the role and saget will always be cocain guy from half baked for me.

jummy on December 29, 2006 at 9:20 PM

Those ads are paid for by the advertiser thru blogads, they are’nt Google ads.

lorien1973 on December 29, 2006 at 8:44 PM

I knew that. Just seein’ if you knew it. Yeah…..that’s the ticket.

Scot on December 29, 2006 at 9:28 PM

The Italians supported the war when Berlusconi was PM, but Prodi retreated, uh, I mean, “redeployed” the troops when he was elected. They’ve ceded their interest in Iraq. I wonder how many of them regret the day Mussolini was shot then hanged.

As for Germany and France, we should accept their advice commensurate with the aid they’ve offered us and the Iraqis: Zip.

cmay on December 29, 2006 at 9:29 PM

Saddam escapes! The video here

JetBoy on December 29, 2006 at 9:30 PM

Bob Sagat is hosting the execution :)

BJ* on December 29, 2006 at 7:57 PM

Oh, that is just wrong. Everybody knows that the ONLY man for the job is Geraldo Rivera.

(Okay. So I apologize for conjuring visual imagery that is deserving of a “content warning.”)

CyberCipher on December 29, 2006 at 9:47 PM

Well duh. Saddam is Bush’s rival. Therefore, he should be spared and trumpeted as the hero that defied the evil emperor

Opinionnation on December 29, 2006 at 9:52 PM

All right, the Bob Saget thing cracked me up. Not a laughing matter, but dang, Saget pictures are funny stuff.

marykatharine on December 29, 2006 at 10:09 PM

Let me be the first. Ding dong, the witch is dead, the wicked witch is dead.

CyberCipher on December 29, 2006 at 10:15 PM

Now, where’s that execution video? I feel like Cartman waiting for a Wii!

JetBoy on December 29, 2006 at 10:17 PM

come on, come on

Opinionnation on December 29, 2006 at 10:20 PM

Another A side bar on Olberdouche …

I still gag everytime I see that troll. It reminds me of what media outlet I definitely do not want to patronize.

omegaram on December 29, 2006 at 10:25 PM

Bob Saget-someone’s got a sick sense of humor.

tormod on December 29, 2006 at 11:11 PM

F the Euro-tards!

x95b10 on December 29, 2006 at 11:28 PM

Bob Saget is an Iraqi official? See, that’s what a stint on Full House does to one’s career!

Ah. So when the video of his hanging is uploaded to YouTube, it will contain goofily-voiced narration (”Duh, what does this lever do, Achmed?”), sound effects (boioioioioing), and a laughtrack.

Immediately followed by video footage of Chemical Ali taking a shot in the stones from an errant golf ball.

jaleach on December 30, 2006 at 12:49 AM

Saddam’s been hanged????!!!

WOOHOO!!!

One less monstrous, flea infested, possibly syphilitic mouth breather gone. Leaving more air for others!

Jack.

Jack Deth on December 30, 2006 at 2:20 AM

“We think the execution is unwise.”

Translation: “We’re not responsible for this, so please don’t get pissed off and blow up something in our country.”

mikeomatic on December 30, 2006 at 2:39 AM

It’s funny how people never have the balls to back the right thing when the time comes.

Highrise on December 30, 2006 at 5:13 AM

Why is bob saget even around?

hey I liked the guy in “full house” but outside of that he is a complete idiot. I can’t even watch him. Dumbass comes to mind whenever he talks.

Highrise on December 30, 2006 at 5:25 AM

Well if nobody else is going to say it…”I question the timing”.

DoctorDentons on December 30, 2006 at 6:29 AM

Italians. I never pegged them as *ussies.

seejanemom on December 30, 2006 at 8:38 AM

I can see Ahhhhnold in the move version as he is walking in from the gallows and the young female love interest sez to him were is Saddam?? Ahhhhhhnold Replies “Oh! he’s hanging around”

Boy those Iraqis don’t fool around…. I wonder what the penalty is for someone drowning another person in a car accident and not doing anything to save the poor victim?? Or I wonder what they would do to people how knowingly help there countries enemy and do traitorous things like leak classified info to try to weaken the countries leader and erode the support for the troops??

I think we need to let them try “All the young dudes” in Gitmo! There trials need some work but damn they have the penatly phase down perfectly

Fandango on December 30, 2006 at 10:26 AM