Video: Rangel mocks Bush

posted at 9:57 pm on December 28, 2006 by Allahpundit

It’s a promo for the Laughing Liberally comedy show in NYC on Saturday night. The left would wet itself if Bush pulled this with a comedian playing Nancy Pelosi, which is precisely why I’m going to shrug it off.

The line about “poor people and black folks” is really cheap, though. And entirely unsurprising.

Comments

This just shows which kind of constituent Rangel really represents.

kevcad on December 28, 2006 at 10:11 PM

“You ain’t seen nothing yet” referring to the way they will try to ruin America now that Pelosi and this putz are in power?

bbz123 on December 28, 2006 at 10:23 PM

The left wing is pushing full steam ahead to force history to remember our President as dim-witted, insensitive, racist, etc. This kind of conduct by a sitting Congressman, belittling and disrespecting a sitting President in a time of war…I can’t believe the audacity!

stonemeister on December 28, 2006 at 10:24 PM

Heh…not surprising at all.

R D on December 28, 2006 at 10:27 PM

Another example of who is dividing the nation… Cause the rest of us know that Bush didn’t cause Katrina, or 911, or pretty much any of the really bad stuff that the left hangs on him almost as a reflex action now-a-days…

RalphyBoy on December 28, 2006 at 10:30 PM

This is precisely why we have Freedom of Speeech. Ole Chucky isn’t making converts. Let him talk till his lips fall off. Everytime he, Kennedy, Pelosi or any of the paleoliberal establishment talks, decent folks (of all colors) start looking for alternatives.

Its funny to hear idiots like this, but if conservatives are going to win in 2008, they need to put forth ideas and defend them. Let Rangel run his mouth.

cmay on December 28, 2006 at 10:40 PM

Here’s
the way you prove you know poor black people. It helps if you can get them matching campaign t-shirts and huddle them into a mass.

MayBee on December 28, 2006 at 10:41 PM

zzzz…what else is on?

Good Lt on December 28, 2006 at 10:43 PM

Now if they really wanted that skit to be funny, they would have put blackface on Susan Estrich and had her play the role of Rangel.

I guess they couldn’t get her, since she’s probably got more important things to tend to.

fogw on December 28, 2006 at 10:53 PM

MayBee

Boy! Look at the size of that crowd.

cmay on December 28, 2006 at 10:40 PM

Cmay

That is a point well worth pondering. The Left will take care of itself with Rangle, Pelosi, Boxer, Kennedy, Reid, etc. But, and it’s a big “but” for me, McCain and Rudy just aint quite the ticket either. Hope we have a little better choice down the road.

R D on December 28, 2006 at 10:54 PM

*YAWN*

x95b10 on December 28, 2006 at 10:54 PM

Awful Bush impressionist – I guess Steve Bridges wasn’t available.

Mibrilane on December 28, 2006 at 11:02 PM

In all honesty, it was an idiotic thing for Mrs. Bush to say and deserves to be mocked. It played right into the hands of those that want to portray the Republicans as the party of white rich people who are completely out of touch with minorities and poor people. Every time a Republican says something like that, the party takes 10 giant steps backwards in reaching out to those voters and deservedly so.

Benaiah on December 28, 2006 at 11:06 PM

Cheap shot after cheap shot. I’m shocked!

hillbillyjim on December 28, 2006 at 11:06 PM

This country is hopelessly divided along ideological and political lines. The best that can be hoped for is a condition of detente with the left. The only things that separate this country from other floundering societies are its free enterprise system and its Christian/Judeo traditions. The left is driving the nation into socialism or worse and radical secularism has established a firm beachhead. Rangel is simply an agent of the left and is a clear danger to the Republic.

rplat on December 28, 2006 at 11:16 PM

It was the wrong thing for her to say at the time, but the idea that only rich Republicans say such things is absurd. Taking 10 steps backwards on such a quote is certainly not deserved, and those that try to paint republicans as somehow worse than Dems when it comes to stuff like this deserve to be mocked right back.

MayBee on December 28, 2006 at 11:24 PM

I’m from N.Y, unfortunately my Dad grew up with Rangel, same schools, neighborhoods etc. So, growing up I actually had a lot of respect for him because he had my Dad’s respect, y’know? Now, of course as a kid I didn’t know that my Dad was a liberal, I didn’t even know what a liberal was! Who says ignorance isn’t BLISS? LOL. As I grew up and started oh, THINKING, I realized that beneath the charm and glibness, was a NASTY EVIL MAN, who would do and say anything to retain power. I was so glad when I heard him on Sean Hannity call our troops BABY KILLERS and say that they were KILLING PEOPLE IN COLD BLOOD, as a matter of POLICY! I thought , “This will get this bastard canned”, I mean, Bill Maher had lost his gig at ABC over comments that were equally silly and lesser in Magnitude, but alas, the media was just pretending to be outraged then. The bar hadn’t been lowered enough for Maher but his triumph at HBO, opened the flood gates to Rangel and his filth. He is a disgusting shell of a human being whose utter contempt for morality oozes from the pores of his skin.

Soothsayer on December 29, 2006 at 12:21 AM

and deep down, everyone is surprised how ???????????????????????????

Emmett J. on December 29, 2006 at 12:24 AM

Your racist tax dollars at work!

Kini on December 29, 2006 at 12:30 AM

Is this how Bush divides the country?

ZRyan on December 29, 2006 at 12:40 AM

I’m not sure Rangel is a willing participant. It looks like its video editing that took statements by Rangel and edited in Bush into it.

I could be wrong though. Do the comments from Rangel seem like they could be from another interview, or is it just me?

Vincenzo on December 29, 2006 at 12:51 AM

Is this how Bush divides the country?

ZRyan on December 29, 2006 at 12:40 AM

heh heh. yes.

jummy on December 29, 2006 at 1:00 AM

Vincenzo on December 29, 2006 at 12:51 AM

he was riffing with the impersonator as an amateur. the lost parts are the producer giving suggestions. the sentiments are all rangel.

jummy on December 29, 2006 at 1:02 AM

Does’nt look that way to me Vincenzo. Looks like a Daily Show interview ripoff.

Scot on December 29, 2006 at 1:02 AM

Awful Bush impressionist – I guess Steve Bridges wasn’t available.

Mibrilane on December 28, 2006 at 11:02 PM

Yeah, but the black dude did a great impression of a congressman. He really had me hating the …
What’s that? Ya’ mean, that really WAS a congressman? You’re kidding? The guy was TOTALLY obnoxious and…
Oh, congressman Rangel you say — and I thought they said mangle. Never mind.

CyberCipher on December 29, 2006 at 1:09 AM

Funny how they mention poor people and black folks. Clinton or Bush: Which has done more for blacks in the areas of home ownership and education?

Black Adam on December 29, 2006 at 2:14 AM

Black Adam, Mr. Bush did – however, the media ignores his successes. It’s an accepted fact and he doesn’t fight them, not even with accurate information and facts.

I think Mr. Bush would laugh at this video and say “I’m glad we live in a free country where this is possible”.

When I lived in communism we couldn’t tell a political joke to our own cousins or neighbors. Because of it I’ve grown fond of political satire, even if it’s in poor taste, from all parties.

Entelechy on December 29, 2006 at 2:37 AM

I have held the opinion that Rangle is a racist, hate mongering, condescending, arrogant enemy of goodness, kindness, ethics, courtesy, prosperity, honesty, intelligent thought, compassion, and patriotism.

He has not disappointed me in this piece of crap video clip!

Way to you go, you race mongering, hate mongering, class envy promoting, dishonest piece of work, Charlie!

William

William2006 on December 29, 2006 at 2:43 AM

Rangel knows about the poor? How much do you think he pays for those tailored suits he’s always wearing?

JetBoy on December 29, 2006 at 4:22 AM

I have long ago found the attacks against President Bush to be offensive.

William

William2006 on December 29, 2006 at 4:33 AM

Ah, the dignity of high office.

Sean M. on December 29, 2006 at 4:48 AM

Just another freedom hating liberal.

quax1 on December 29, 2006 at 6:18 AM

Charles Rangel is the poster boy for poor black folks??? Give me a break…Charlie has a 24 hr. security [read:NYPD] setup at his house to keep the people at bay…the only time he is exposed to air is between the limo and the office door.

DoctorDentons on December 29, 2006 at 6:49 AM

Did I blink and miss the “funny” part?

I’m not shocked or appalled by this…………It BORING!

I really expect nothing else from the Jackass party.

What the Republicans need is a quick witted sacrastic SOB come in and tear apart the Demo’s everytime they say or do something stupid (I guess this means 99.9% of the time). This person would be the Designated Whip!

VikingGoneWild on December 29, 2006 at 8:35 AM

. . . . McCain and Rudy just aint quite the ticket either. Hope we have a little better choice down the road.

R D

Wholly concur. Because the Republican field was so decimated in the last election and because Bush’s numbers are so weak, this may be the first time since 1980 when the Republican candidate has to establish his or her (I’m not putting this “her” in as a PC gesture; there are some real possibilities out there even beyond Condie) philosophy. Bush, Dole & Bush got their nominations on their political legacies. Let the dogfight for the direction of the Republican party begin.

cmay on December 29, 2006 at 8:41 AM

Michael Richards was unavailable for comment.

Wade on December 29, 2006 at 9:50 AM

Laughing Liberally?

Just exactly where did the laughing part come in?

urbancenturion on December 29, 2006 at 10:44 AM

Charles Rangel takes the high road, now thats funny. I bet he and Kerry talk about the poor and blacks all the time.

Hazmat on December 29, 2006 at 11:41 AM

Botched.

freebird on December 29, 2006 at 6:34 PM

Rplat,
Surprisingly, since the last election, I don’t think that the country is hopelessly divided by ideology. Rather, I think that it shows the country is more disgusted with moral turpitude than moral fiber – and the pubbies got caught in the meat grinder that followed.

Mark my words, I believe that character in politics is becoming more of an issue right now, Kos kiddies notwithstanding.

I may be wrong in my assertions, but you might note (for 2008) that the worst of the top three GOP contenders for president has far less personal baggage than the best of the Dem contenders.

Natrium on December 30, 2006 at 11:51 AM

I wonder how many protestors would show up on my door step if I started running videos about how Rangle isn’t used to talking to poor white folks, and how he can’t connect with white people because he’s just incapable.

I have this odd feeling they’d set me on fire in my front yard, but then … all conservatives are racists … didn’t you get the memo?

One Angry Christian on December 31, 2006 at 11:39 AM