Russian spy caught; Russian hijacker tackled.

posted at 3:05 pm on December 28, 2006 by see-dubya

Drudge is running a story about a Russian who attempted to hijack an Aeroflot jet, saying he had a bomb. The passengers pulled a United 93 on him when he tried to rush the cabin, and it landed safely in Prague.

Apparently, no bomb. Aeroflot people say he was drunk and this was “hooliganism”, which, since the guy had eight members of his family on board, seems more plausible than the alternative. But eyes will be on it.

More sinister is the ejection of a Russian spy from Canada, where he was living under not one but three fake identities–one of them “Paul William Hempel”. No one knows what his real name is–or if they do, they ain’t sayin’.

CORRECTION: Someone who knows about this stuff tells me that Hempel received three passports, over 15 years, as they expired–but he used only one identity. Canada does know his real name, of course, but it’s being held to protect Hampel’s family.

Comments

Canada … threw someone OUT?

weiiiiiiiiiiiird. Must be all those damned conservatives taking over.

MWAHAHHAHAHAH!!!

One Angry Christian on December 28, 2006 at 3:26 PM

No. They threw someone OOT. Get it right man. Geesh.

lorien1973 on December 28, 2006 at 3:32 PM

Damn, need some good news for my Gazprom shares! ;)

MoonbatMedia on December 28, 2006 at 4:07 PM

Canada … threw someone OUT?

One Angry Christian on December 28, 2006 at 3:26 PM

No. They threw someone OOT. Get it right man. Geesh.

lorien1973 on December 28, 2006 at 3:32 PM

HAHA! rotflmao!!

JetBoy on December 28, 2006 at 4:11 PM

His real name,
Bondski, Jameski Bondski.

VikingGoneWild on December 28, 2006 at 4:19 PM

He must have lived in one of the prarie provinces if they threw him out. I’m going to guess Saskatoon, Saskatchewan???

SouthernGent on December 28, 2006 at 4:52 PM

More sinister is the ejection of a Russian spy from Canada

while elsewhere, within the province of Quebec, provincial governnment officials telegrammed Vladimir Putin in Moscow in order to ask for his terms for their immediate surrender.

CyberCipher on December 28, 2006 at 5:09 PM

I’m glad to hear that once again when someone is causing trouble on a plane that the passengers and crew fought back.

I can only assume that people who are in such a situation must wonder is this guy really going to have us land somewhere or is he going to try to pull off another 9/11 and thankfully these people didn’t wait to find out. They took action.

Yakko77 on December 28, 2006 at 9:00 PM

I’d really like to believe regular Canadians are much more like Americans than those represented in Canadian government. I liken Canada’s politicians to our own liberals. Here, but not really part of the game.

thedecider on December 28, 2006 at 9:56 PM

I hope you all have an idea how deep the FSB and Bejing has infiltrated and occupies important positions throught Canada and the USA. Including our own CIA.

Egfrow on December 28, 2006 at 10:20 PM

Then why do they keep electing those liberal stumblebums, Ay? Oh yeah, you are right. A lot of our folks are doing the same thing. My bad.

(I Liked the Clancy reference.)

hillbillyjim on December 28, 2006 at 10:55 PM