Video flashback: SNL covers the death of Gerald Ford

posted at 6:47 pm on December 27, 2006 by Allahpundit

You knew it was coming.

Comments

Dumb.

Andy in Agoura Hills on December 27, 2006 at 7:01 PM

Appropriate that Rather was mentioned, and does Rosie know about the “humbay cluck pluck” language?

RalphyBoy on December 27, 2006 at 7:04 PM

Katie Couric and CBS could have taken a cue from this.

CBS said Wednesday it is bringing Katie Couric home from an overseas vacation to anchor the “CBS Evening News” on Thursday and any ceremonies for Ford over the weekend.

CBS doesn’t air special report on Ford

geckomon on December 27, 2006 at 7:39 PM

Notice that AP report by David Bauder doesn’t mention one word about Fox News, which was just as alert as all the other nets?

kevcad on December 27, 2006 at 7:44 PM

kevcad on December 27, 2006 at 7:44 PM

“kevcad,”

Yes, I noticed that!

I also noticed how Fox News had virtually NOTHING BUT Gerald Ford coverage all night, all through the early morning, and even this morning.

I was hoping they would take a break from Gerald Ford’s death and replay Michelle Malkin sitting in for Bill “No Spin, Who’s lookin’ out for You?” O’Reilly, but it was not to be.

I gave up around 4:15 AM and went to bed. Darn!!!!!

Anyway, that omission of any mention of Fox in that article speaks volumes to the blatant arrogance of the “Old Boy’s” Network, the established liberal, leftist media.

If anyone dares to say that the media is not biased toward the left, they deserve the laugh in the face that they receive!

William

William2006 on December 27, 2006 at 7:53 PM

Inappropriate for this day.

Wade on December 27, 2006 at 8:44 PM

“…the sensless age of 83″ Funny stuff!

JetBoy on December 27, 2006 at 8:51 PM

Did Ford outlive Carvey or just his career? Haven’t seen him in years.

Perchant on December 27, 2006 at 10:29 PM

So I guess you could call this ‘fake but accurate’?

dalewalt on December 28, 2006 at 12:04 AM

I think it’s probably inappropriate too, but I have to admit I thought of this sketch right after I heard that President Ford passed away.

jaleach on December 28, 2006 at 12:52 AM

Did Ford outlive Carvey or just his career? Haven’t seen him in years.

He’s had serious health problems. Cardiac, IIRC.

Bad Penny on December 28, 2006 at 12:59 AM

Same here. Some may see this as inappropriate, but I think for many, it goes with the occasion.

alflauren on December 28, 2006 at 1:29 AM

I don’t really see this video as inappropriate…the humor is not in the fact that it’s Gerald Ford. The humor is in the fact that they’re filming contingencies.

This video was in no way mean-spirited.

asc85 on December 28, 2006 at 8:36 AM

The irony is that this is actually how the media does their business. In fact, the author of the Washington Post’s obituary on Gerald Ford died ten months ago.
Gerald Ford Oultived His Obituary Writer

BohicaTwentyTwo on December 28, 2006 at 8:51 AM

This video was in no way mean-spirited.

asc85 on December 28, 2006 at 8:36 AM

I agree with the purpose of the comedy is to display the media filming. The problem I have is the timing of the post. I think some immediacy of the subject could be lost in favor of respect for the man and his family. In other words I think the post is in poor manners and more deserving of a post on DU.

The stunt is very funny displaying the media and their preparedness.

Wade on December 28, 2006 at 10:07 AM

I thought Dana Carvey was dead.

Oh. My bad.

seejanemom on December 28, 2006 at 10:49 AM

Rosie O’Donnell should take foreign language imitation lessons from Dana…

jeffshultz on December 28, 2006 at 11:49 AM

“And he was delicious!” Funny stuff. We can’t take ourselves too seriously or we’ll end up in headscarves and strapping bombs to ourselves.

journeyscarab on December 28, 2006 at 12:13 PM

And in the next segment was this story “New documents show that George W Bush used undue influence to avoid service in Vietnam.” Now that would have been news.

Gwillie on December 28, 2006 at 4:05 PM