Strange Things Afoot At The Baghdad Circle K

posted at 9:05 pm on December 27, 2006 by see-dubya

First there’s a threat by Baathists to strike Americans if Saddam is executed. Which isn’t scary at all, of course, because Iraqi Baathists have absolutely no connection to terrorism.

Then Saddam’s lawyers release a weepy letter saying that Iraqi’s shouldn’t hate the Americans, only their leaders. And there’s a big kiss to Ramsey Clark and the anti-war movement.

I think things are gathering steam for an imminent denouement.

Comments

I’m expecting them to hang him quick and then release the video later. US and Iraqi forces are already on high alert and they don’t want a countdown inspiring ‘rescue attempts’ from ever nutbar in the Middle East.

So expect the ‘shocking revelation‘ of Saddam’s hanging before New Year’s and expect the DUers and KosKids to ‘question the timing.’

MoxArgon on December 27, 2006 at 9:12 PM

Boo. Freaking. Hoo.

Oh me, somebody is threatening the U.S.? Quick, lock the doors and bar the windows…

Yawn.

Freelancer on December 27, 2006 at 9:16 PM

If we hang him they’re going to hate us. And if we don’t hang him … they’re going to hate us. Faster, please!

bdfaith on December 27, 2006 at 9:35 PM

Execute him by sundown Saturday. We’ve got a big football weekend coming up, not to mention the Ford state funeral proceedings, and I don’t need any distractions.

JammieWearingFool on December 27, 2006 at 9:59 PM

Hang him from the Golden Gate bridge and watch the San Fransickos go wacko! (Wacko-er?)

SouthernGent on December 27, 2006 at 10:10 PM

Put it on pay per view and give the proceeds to the Peshmerga!

I wanna hear what our lefty friends have to say about this.

Tony737 on December 27, 2006 at 10:22 PM

Saddam Hussein, we condemn thee to death for mass murder. Have you anything to say?

“Yes. Be excellent to each other,
AND PARTY ON, DUDE!”

Tony737 on December 27, 2006 at 10:26 PM

Southern Gent,don’t you think it might be a bit more fun to see if he could make the swim from Alcatraz? Think of the book on how far he could get before a shark got him, with a bunch of moonbats on shore ranting.Gold I tell ya!

bbz123 on December 27, 2006 at 10:34 PM

I see a new poster in the works…”Hang in there, baby!”

Yeah, whoop-dee-do…yet another threat against Americans. I’m shocked…not.

Perhaps the French can give us some advice?

JetBoy on December 27, 2006 at 10:54 PM

A feeble attempt to “humanize” this bastard, this Butcher of Bhagdad.

He’s had long enough to ruminate on his monstrous deeds; now it;s time for a good old-fashioned neck-stretchin’.

hillbillyjim on December 27, 2006 at 10:54 PM

I’m rooting for the Pay-Per-View event…I’d pay, even if I didn’t watch. (But of course I’d watch… ;)

tickleddragon on December 27, 2006 at 11:05 PM

First there’s a threat by Baathists to strike Americans if Saddam is executed.

Whaddayya mean IF?

CyberCipher on December 27, 2006 at 11:28 PM

I think they should hang him at halftime during the Super Bowl.

ReubenJCogburn on December 27, 2006 at 11:59 PM

I think they should hang Ramsey Clark while they are at it. Another enemy to society.

StuLongIsland on December 28, 2006 at 12:03 AM

Indeed a great idea. The Vegas bookies would make a killing…pun intended. I say he sinks like a stone.

SouthernGent on December 28, 2006 at 1:04 AM

is there a full transcript somewhere?

jummy on December 28, 2006 at 1:40 AM

I wanna hear what our lefty friends have to say about this.

Tony737,

You’re out of luck since the largest lefty blog, DailyKos, hasn’t run a single story about Saddam’s death sentence being upheld. Neither has Think Progress. Apparently looking forward to high gas prices in 2007 was more important news.

Seixon on December 28, 2006 at 3:43 AM

Raffle off the position of the guy who gets to kick the chair out from under the erstwhile dictator’s feet. Market the video of his aerial dance and give the proceeds to the local orphanage. And then never speak of him again.

Militant Bibliophile on December 28, 2006 at 5:36 AM

How about, after he is swinging for awhile, a line is formed and each Iraqi is allowed one swing with a heavy Louisville slugger, a la Mussolini. I’m sure there would be a very long line.

JohnnyD on December 28, 2006 at 7:45 AM

I love Rueben’s idea! Hang him during halftime at the Superbowl! But put him in a Cowboys jersey first! hahahaaaaa Imagine his humiliation!

Just kidding Bryan, please don’t ban me :-)

Tony737 on December 28, 2006 at 8:36 AM

Alas, Saddam has reached the final stage of grief, acceptance. He is no longer calling himself the President of Iraq anymore and is ready to meet his fate. Farewell, Butcher of Baghdad, say hello to Adolph for me.

BohicaTwentyTwo on December 28, 2006 at 9:13 AM

Saddamm is alive and they kill us, and if he’s dead they will continue killing ,, dammit, why dont we hand out hand held nukes to each asshole in iraq and let them run at each other..

retired on December 28, 2006 at 9:43 AM

Just want you to know that the title of this one didn’t go unappreciated.

StoutRepublican on December 28, 2006 at 10:50 AM

Sorry, no can do. He’s allergic to baths (but he likes Baaths, go figure).

urbancenturion on December 28, 2006 at 11:13 AM

When asked what he was doing New Year’s Eve, Saddam replied “Just hangin’ around”

Wade on December 28, 2006 at 11:30 AM

I just came in lookin’ for a gallon of skim and a pack of LUCKIES…..

seejanemom on December 28, 2006 at 11:59 AM

can we put sadr right up next to saddam? They make a swinging pair.

:-)

Oh, you said they’re going to attack us if we do that? You mean they’re going to … continue doing what they’re already doing?

Of course they’re not terrorists … they’re freedom fighters. Don’t you read the daily kos?

geez some people.

One Angry Christian on December 28, 2006 at 1:11 PM

Perhaps the French can give us some advice?

The French leaders would say “Let them eat cake” while the French citizens would say “Off with his head!” At least that’s what French history suggests. Personally, I would go with the latter suggestion.

RedinBlueCounty on December 28, 2006 at 2:33 PM