Video: Michelle throws down with Juan Hernandez over immigration (UPDATE)

posted at 10:23 pm on December 26, 2006 by Allahpundit

So I turn on the Factor about 45 minutes in to see what’s happening tonight — and guess who’s hosting.

The employees are always the last to know.

Here she is, looking appropriately quizzical in the face of Hernandez’s flamboyant insincerity, as they try to piece out how, precisely, illegal aliens are “the new American pioneers.”

UPDATE BY SEE-DUBYA: Hernandez lied when he says this isn’t identity theft, suggesting that one could just make up a random ten-digit social security number and this employer, Swift Meats, would have accepted it.

Swift Meats was participating in the “Basic Pilot” program, which verified that a Social Security number supplied by a potential applicant was a real, working SSN. If you submit a random series of digits, odds are Basic Pilot would catch you.

The catch: Basic Pilot only checks whether a number is active or not. So it is easily defeated by giving it a valid SSN of an American citizen–thereby stealing his identity. As one developer of more advanced software points out,

“An extremely high percentage of Social Security numbers are appearing to be multiple users these days,” Douglas said. “My best guess at this point is that you’re looking at a good 30 percent of Social Security numbers that are attached to multiple users. We’re seeing a lot of activity in that area. … It’s just become a geometric growth pattern in the last 10 years.”

Basic Pilot has been in use since 1997 and is now housed under the Department of Homeland Security. It’s been touted as one of the best ways to catch fraudulent documentation, but it is failing in catching the more sophisticated fraud seen at Swift. Basically, it’s a case of the criminals beating the system by stealing genuine documentation.

“What you have to realize is you’re talking about very complex forms of fraud, where an individual completely assumes another’s identity,” said Chris Bentley, spokesman for the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services division of DHS.

Exit question: who’s using your SSN?

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

I have to admit that i’ve been with the Bush/McCain line of thinking when it comes to illegal immigration, but a billboard just went up 1 block from where i live and it’s entirely in spanish. Funny how you start to look at things differently once they hit close to home (literally!).

Scot on December 27, 2006 at 2:46 AM

Now THIS is what needs to be on billboards.
Too many don’t YET believe the human invasion matters to them or their bubble that they prefer to live in and forget the rest of the Country.
Lou Barletta the Mayor of Hazelton got just such a a clue when two murders occured one right after the other in broad daylight when Hazelton had not seen a murder for many years previous.

BTW we should start a pool, the winner will have guessed how many MILLION outraged Emails NBC will recieve from “Whitewash Tom’s” we love “immigrants” show last night.

Speakup on December 27, 2006 at 1:15 PM

Way to go Michelle! That’s real Hard Ball! I think Juan guy is Satan. Angel of light

Drtuddle on December 27, 2006 at 1:17 PM

We lived next door to a house full of illegal immigrants in Moorpark. It was a nightmare. I get so tired of people saying that these are good people who are only looking to support their families. That may be true but they have a third world mentality and no respect for even laws of common courtesy. The people who defend them should let them live in their neighborhoods.

Rose on December 27, 2006 at 1:41 PM

but the $11 billion in cash remittances that Mexicans in the U.S. send home every year are Mexico’s economic lifeline.
Gregor on December 27, 2006 at 2:34 AM

That was 2001. NOW the remittances are $50 BILLION each and every year. The numero uno income source for Mexico, before oil, before tourism. Thats what this snake Hernandez is all about. FIFTY BILLION AMERICAN DOLLARS TO MEXICO

some other great posts today:
William2006 on December 27, 2006 at 12:58 AM

webdemon on December 27, 2006 at 1:49 AM

naliaka on December 27, 2006 at 12:29 PM

thanks folks.

shooter on December 27, 2006 at 1:44 PM

After I wrote my above post I realized it sounded a little racist. I’m not. My friend who was my maid of honor is the daughter of Mexican immigrants (legal). My problem is with the illegal part and the total disrespect these people have of our laws and way of life.

Rose on December 27, 2006 at 1:53 PM

Dang, now I feel like I need to take another shower… What a dumbass piece of dog poo.

It’s not about effing sensitivity- it’s about the survival of a nation- a soveriegn nation that can’t afford to birth, school, medicate, jail, house, employ, feed and insure an entire other nation’s population without collapse!!! ARGH!

Wake up America, they are stealing our identities! I should know, mine was stolen and it has been a living hell trying to convince creditors that I don’t live in San Antonio, Dallas and Oklahoma at the same time and same day hours apart.

bubbadog89 on December 27, 2006 at 9:51 AM

I hear ya. Some ILLEGALS stole mail from my and all my neighbors’ mailboxes to get account numbers, etc. I’m STILL not sure what all will screw me from this fiasco, and it’s been a year of “fraud alert” on my credit report and all the fun that goes with that…

No Taxation Without Representation dammit!

NTWR on December 27, 2006 at 2:59 PM

And Ronald Reagan was right. Glad you agree.

MarkB on December 27, 2006 at 4:04 PM

My “two birds with one stone” theory:

While eating lunch today I saw some “talking head” go on about raising the minimum wage because its just too low. How about we round up all of the illegal’s and ship them back to where they came from.

But no! Who would do “all those jobs that Americans won’t do?”.

AMERICANS would you dummies.

If all of a sudden there was a shortage of workers, the law of supply and demand would take over. Jobs that once were at minimum wage would now have to be paid at a higher rate making the minimum wage increase obsolete. You would get rid of the law breakers(illegal aliens) and the Dems would not be able claim a victory for the 97% of high school workers who earn minimum wage.

The only drawback to this would be inflation, but with not having to spend 100’s of billions of dollars on taking care of the illegal’s coupled with the increase in tax revenue from the legal workers this might have a shot. Don’t forget the $50 billion that would stop going to Mexico.

Win/Win to me, where’s the trucks? If Mr. Hernandez owned a trucking company he would be 1st in line to make a buck off this deal since his cash cow would be drying up.

bubbadog89 on December 27, 2006 at 4:10 PM

I’m trying to figure out of he’s actually smiling, or if his autonomous nervous system is subconsciously making him grimace in reaction to the steaming horse feces spewing from his mouth.

Mibrilane on December 28, 2006 at 12:59 AM

Mibrilane on December 28, 2006 at 12:59 AM

Hernandez is a brain washed cult member like Jim Jones’ followers, or those guys who cut off their testicles and killed themselves so they could meet the Hale-Bott comet.

Next thing you know he is going to interpret the news.

Here is an example of Hernandez interpreting a news item. This begins with Hernandez watching a video of a Mexican gang attacking and raping a woman, and stabbing her sister, and beating and robbing her husband.

Hernandez: “Here we see the kind, friendly Mexican gentlemen greeting these nice Americans. Oh, I can see now that the Americans are not being friendly!

Now we can see that these Americans are actually being abusive to these twelve Mexican gentlemen. Oh, that woman just tried to ram her pubic area against that big, strong Mexican man. They others are trying to help her contain her hatred, which is why they are pinning her arms down, in order to protect her from hurting herself!

Oh, wait! We can see now that the other American woman is trying to cut herself with the knife that the other Mexican gentleman is trying to hold away from her but she keeps trying to push her body against that knife and hurt herself.

We see the other men trying to hold her back, which is why one is standing behind her, holding her neck in his arm, and three others are holding her arms and legs, so she won’t hurt herself.

Oh, this is awful! The women is so hateful that she is still trying to impale herself on the knife that the nice Mexican gentleman is trying to keep from her but she just keeps fighting to hurt herself! Can’t she understand that these gentlemen are just nice, innocent, caring, hard working Gentlemen who worship Our Lady of Guadeloupe?

She is trying to hard to be violent! Is she possessed by the devil?

Oh, now we see that the American man is trying to hurt these nice Mexican men. See him pulling their hands into his pockets? He just wants to get their hands in his pockets so he can hurt them once their hands are in his pockets!

See how caring these gentlemen are? They are trying to help him. See how they hold him so he does not fall down and hurt himself?

See that hand that touches his face? He is trying to hit his head and face against their knuckles, but they are hard working, good gentlemen who worship in Church on Sunday and who are devoted to Our Lady of Guadeloupe, so they are trying to help him and keep him from hurting himself.

Notice how they help hold him on the ground? They are trying to keep him from hurting himself, but he seems to want to hurt himself.

Is that American man possessed by the devil?

That kind Mexican man is trying to help him by putting his boot against the American man’s rib cage so that the American man does not get injured. See how gently he places his boot against the American man’s rib cage while the rest of the thoughtful Mexican gentlemen hold the man who threw himself on the ground? They hold him so he will not hurt himself.

Oh! Oh no! That American man keeps bumping himself into the knuckles, boots, knees, fists, bats, knives, and rocks that the Mexican gentlemen are trying to protect the American man from.

These three Americans are obviously very bad, mean, bigoted, racist people! They are trying to show hatred toward the Mexican gentlemen who are obviously very caring, hard working, and good people.

See, the Americans are not calm. You can see that the kind, compassionate Mexican men helped calm down the unfriendly Americans.”

After Hernandez gives this distorted account of the crime of beating, robbing, raping, and stabbing perpetrated upon these Americans, the rest of us will look at our husbands, wives, and friends, stunned and speechless.

William

William2006 on December 28, 2006 at 3:12 AM

Every time I see Juan Hernandez, I want to puke.

Connie on December 28, 2006 at 3:48 AM

I’ve finally figured out who Juan Hernandez looks like: Burger King.

Mibrilane on December 28, 2006 at 11:13 AM

I burst out laughing at the Burger King photo!!
It is him…no wonder he wants more Illegals…he needs employees at his fast food joints!!!
Thanks , I needed that laugh-this subject gets my blood boiling! I have to wonder how Tancredo and Michelle keep their cool when they have seen this farce perpertrated for years before the rest of us caught on…………I would be fit to be tied!!!

Mellen on December 28, 2006 at 12:20 PM

Itjust occurred to me…Rosie called Trump a snake oil salesman…This guy is the ULTIMATE SNAKE OIL SALESMAN…talk about a living caricature of a cliche!

Mellen on December 28, 2006 at 12:23 PM

It just goes to show how the deep corruption in latin America is flooding into the US. These people are so corrupt that the rule of law is meaningless, and they are trashing the rule of law here. All illegals must be deported at once even if it takse busses from San Francisco to San Diego.

Good riddance.

saiga on January 25, 2008 at 9:52 AM

I’m so frickin stunned I don’t know what to say.
This sick Hernandez thief has already cost me one TV ( fast moving brick) and I am shocked McCain would look to him…hidden or not.
McCain has lost ALL RESPECT I EVER HAD FOR HIM, ALL OF IT.

shooter on January 25, 2008 at 10:38 AM