Audio: John Gibson interviews Stuck Mojo guitarist Rich Ward

posted at 8:59 pm on December 19, 2006 by Allahpundit

Is Gibby reading the blogs? Yesterday he picked up on the Bonaduce-Truther showdown, today he’s gabbing with the man responsible for “Open Season”. Their video’s creeping up on 35,000 views at YouTube as I write this due in no small part to the blogswarm — a fact Ward himself not only acknowledges but seems genuinely grateful for.

What’s it like being the one of the few right-wing musicians in America who doesn’t specialize in country/western? You’re about to find out.

FYI, the songs from their new album are all available in mp3 format here. I recommend “For the Cause of Allah,” featuring audio of Walid Shoebat.

Comments

His producer is reading the blogs. He’s got no time after getting the hair done.

BJ* on December 19, 2006 at 9:08 PM

This guy gets it.
I’m not sure which one in the picture was talking,but the guy in the bottom right looks like he could be Charle’s Johnson’s little brother.

bbz123 on December 19, 2006 at 9:14 PM

You are so off base it isn’t even funny. People have underestimated Metal/Rock from the beginning. I recommend everyone check out the documentary “Metal; a head bangers journey” by Sam Dunn. Dose any one remember Dee Snider handing Al and Tipper Gore an intellectual beat down over the PMRC farce?

Fred Durst did it all for the Nookie, Stuck Mojo did it for the music…

liquidflorian on December 19, 2006 at 9:23 PM

“You are so off base…”
Not the guitarist! Gibson :)

BJ* on December 19, 2006 at 9:25 PM

“…we’ve got a blakc leader singer. we’re not sure who he’s racist against, but we’re going to sort it out in the coming months.”

The guy certainly has a very dry since of humor, nd seems well grounded. Methinks an album purchase is in the near future…

Bob Owens on December 19, 2006 at 9:29 PM

Great interview. Not my cup of tea, musicwise, but I’d be tempted to guy everything iTunes might have anyway. :)

Bob's Kid on December 19, 2006 at 10:02 PM

Ummm..buy, not guy.

Sigh. And it’s only Tuesday.

Bob's Kid on December 19, 2006 at 10:02 PM

“You are so off base…”
Not the guitarist! Gibson :)

… copy that. :D

liquidflorian on December 19, 2006 at 10:38 PM

Ok, just listed to “For the Cause of Allah” and all I can say is woah, just woah.

- The Cat

P.S. Hannity should invite these guys on the next tour.

MirCat on December 19, 2006 at 11:46 PM

Damn, was that fun to listen to! Someone tell me what to call it, so I can add it to the bizarre list of music types that I love:

- Jazz
- Classical
- Choral, especially Sacred
- Barbershop
- Classic Rock
- Rock n Roll
- Rhythm and Blues
- Blues
- Pop
- Bluegrass
- Heavy metal/Rap Fusion?

Jaibones on December 20, 2006 at 12:16 AM

Toby Keith with a chain-saw & jack-hammer.
I love it.

Buck Turgidson on December 20, 2006 at 12:51 AM

I remember Stuck Mojo from the early-mid ’90s, and back then we called this kind of stuff Rap-metal.

jic on December 20, 2006 at 12:58 AM

I’ve also heard “Rap-core” for something this hard. It has a bit of the frenetic speedmetal style.

TBinSTL on December 20, 2006 at 1:11 AM

Toby Keith with a chain-saw & jack-hammer.

LOL…and the courage to use em…

CBarker on December 20, 2006 at 8:51 AM

Rick Ward, the guy in the interview, is in the lower-right of the pic. I purchased their CD the other day; I like the “Open Season” song/message, but I also wanted to support the band.

dalewalt on December 20, 2006 at 9:16 AM

Gibson should convince these guys to write some songs for his other war…THE WAR ON CHRISTMAS

JaHerer22 on December 20, 2006 at 10:08 AM

My inner Simon Cowell: vocals are…OK. Everything else was very Pantera-ish…I love it!

danarchy on December 20, 2006 at 10:21 AM

Where have you gone Dime-Bag?

natesnake on December 20, 2006 at 10:44 AM

FYI, this band has been around for ages, their “classic” album is “Rising” from 1997. You can get that at pretty much any online music store. Check it out. 1996′s “Pigwalk” is also totally rad.

Enrique on December 20, 2006 at 11:23 AM