Audio: Round two — Truther moron vs. Danny Bonaduce

posted at 10:21 pm on December 18, 2006 by Allahpundit

Thanks to our friends at the John Gibson Show for hooking us up with the audio. I’m thisclose to believing that Danny and the Truther set this whole thing up as a mutual publicity stunt. The 9/11 conspiracy? Just a trojan horse for the real conspiracy: two media whores getting a little momentary limelight.

Wheels within wheels, my friends.

Update: A source at Fox who would know tells me this is all legit. No cahoots whatsoever between Danny and Truther boy.

Comments

This guy, Danny “bag of donuts” is so desperate for any air time that he has no limits. He has hogged his way on Glen Beck at least two times that I know of and will continue to do so until someone tells him where to get off! The guy is a jerk-off, first class!

NEMETI IN SYRACUSE on December 18, 2006 at 10:26 PM

I was thinking that from the first clip.

One thing about the blogosphere, never stop digging.

They’re sneaky, these media types.

TheSev on December 18, 2006 at 10:28 PM

“…a mutual publicity stunt.”
Ya think?!

BJ* on December 18, 2006 at 10:33 PM

Who said prostitution is illegal? It is alive and well in Hollywood.

right2bright on December 18, 2006 at 10:41 PM

Who cares?

We need people like this to publicly humiliate these truther morons.

If this is what it takes … I don’t care if it’s staged or not.

Gregor on December 18, 2006 at 10:47 PM

Debate is okay, but maybe it’s time to take a clue from that old Woody Allen joke about dealing with Nazis — “get some bricks and baseball bats and really explain things to them.”

EF on December 18, 2006 at 10:54 PM

You don’t know Danny. This was no publicity stunt. He’s the kind of guy that won’t shy away from publicity that comes his way, but he’s not a schemer. He’s more honest than most of the posters on this blog, I dare to say — at risk of verbal attack.

And bear in mind, I have alot of respect for most of the bloggers here…just that Danny has high standards for certain absolutes. And great weaknesses in other areas.

stonemeister on December 18, 2006 at 10:55 PM

Wheels within wheels or truth within truth?

armylawyer on December 18, 2006 at 11:01 PM

I think the troll (John Connor) spotted Bonaduce and, knowing he’s a has-been, drug-rehabilitated actor, thought he could have some fun and bring much-needed legitimacy to his effort by attempting to show a bigger loser than himself. However, it backfired by ending up on YouTube and, Bonaduce – not a complete idiot – discovered an opportunity to exploit the situation for much needed self-promotion. He will ride this wave as far as it will take him. Given his chosen occupation, can he afford not to? “Breaking Bonaduce”? I think not.

thedecider on December 18, 2006 at 11:09 PM

C’mon get Happy!

CanaryinaCoalMine on December 18, 2006 at 11:14 PM

I personally don’t think it sounds staged, but I agree with Gregor, who cares as long as it shines more light on the “truthers.” It sure makes them look bad and makes Danny look good, so if he cooked it up it was a great move on both fronts.

RW_theoriginal on December 18, 2006 at 11:16 PM

Yeah, I really don’t Bonaduce set this up. But I think he’s thrilled with results, and is milking it for all it’s worth. I can’t blame the guy for that, whan a PR winfall just falls into a celebrity’s lap you would have to be a moron to not take advantage of it.

greggish on December 18, 2006 at 11:17 PM

You know what annoys me more than anything about all of this? The fact that in this case, or in situations where “Truthers” have been on Fox, etc. the interviewer is never informed enough about the debunking information to counter this clowns. Admittedly, it’s probably more healthy that the interviewers don’t waste their time entering that “world” and stick to the common sense, that you’re an idiot if you believe these conspiracy theories.

But I feel that because they don’t sit and go point for point with them, they basically just give these people a soapbox. Then viewers will research them and watch their admittedly compelling videos, without knowing that they are full of lies and spin, and that they’ve all been thoroughly debunked. What’s sad is that I believe Conner, that their “movement” is growing, and without mainstream complete debunking, I think they are being enabled.

RightWinged on December 18, 2006 at 11:39 PM

You’re absolutely right, of course, but the root problem is that without being fueled by some serious outrage, few people have enough attention span to stick with a debunking long enough to comprehend it. Forget history – most of the country is no longer capable of current events.

Laura on December 18, 2006 at 11:45 PM

No AP, I disagree. From this interview I don’t hear anything that would make me believe the two set up the interview at the restaurant in advance. If that’s what you believe you’ll have to explain your reasoning.

Kevin R on December 18, 2006 at 11:49 PM

John Conner is a funnier comic than Danny. I bet he doesn’t even play bass, either…

no wait…that was Danny.

Joe on December 18, 2006 at 11:51 PM

Either way,DB shows so much class in his own twisted way by allowing that he IS a celebrity and that this sort of thing comes with the package,and let the wad Conner off for that shows so much more integrity than most. Plus he quoted Patton. We need more Patton.And Sherman. And Churchill.
and cowbell…..

bbz123 on December 18, 2006 at 11:52 PM

Bonaduce is my new hero. I don’t care what kind of lame publicity seeker he happens to be, when I saw the clips of Connors breaking into the UCSD math class (the clip can be found at his website) and the wuss of a “professor” just standing there and allowing it to happen (shades of Vietnam era Ivy League commie-symp profs), I knew that this dude has to be taken down. And Bonaduce — in this case — has the average American type of perspective that can do it and will eventually be what saves this country from lunatics on the right (Connors) and left.

Drum on December 18, 2006 at 11:54 PM

I see a conspiracy: FOX gets its talking points from Hot Air. I KNEW IT! Someone alert Dan Blather and Mary Mapes.

thedecider on December 18, 2006 at 11:57 PM

It doesn’t come across as staged. For claiming repeatedly that he’s not a political guy, this Mr. Bonaduce comes across very informed, forcefully so.

What is most alarming is this 30% figure. I have no stats to look up but if this is true, and growing, we’re in more trouble than I thought, as a country.

Entelechy on December 19, 2006 at 12:01 AM

We need more Patton.And Sherman. And Churchill.
and cowbell…..

bbz123 on December 18, 2006 at 11:52 PM

heh heh heh.

geckomon on December 19, 2006 at 12:03 AM

Is it Savage that says we need more Patton and less patent leather? I can’t recall, only that it seems a suitable remark.

Entelechy, do you think there’s a shred of a chance that Conner is telling “the truth” with the 30% figure? No way. But as long as he’s going to lie anyway, why be honest about simple things like numbers? If you’re making up stories about what happened, make up your survey results to boot. You have nothing to lose, since you already have no integrity, no morality, no common sense, no sanity whatsoever.

30% of survey respondents saying they believe that the U.S. government knew specifics about the impending attack and did nothing? Or worse, that they were actively complicit, not just passively. That would represent 100 million people swallowing that lie. Well, that’s simply bogus.

Freelancer on December 19, 2006 at 3:58 AM

John Connor, the stupid f*ck, refers to “operation northwoods” multiple times. What Connor doesn’t say that “northwoods” was developed in 1962 and was NEVER acted upon.

Connors and the “truthers” prove that they are too stupid to live without a machine to breath for them.

georgej on December 19, 2006 at 5:09 AM

Mr Bonaduce ( or his wife,not exactly sure ) actually answers his email at MySpace, To paraphrase ,he stated that he wanted to allow this pud to speak his mind in honor of the First Amendment,and that if standing up for his country and beliefs costs him a job in Hollywood then he shouldn’t be working with those people anyway.He also said that he does not know one actor in Hollywood that believes this ( looks like he doesn’t hang with Charlie Sheen) but that they just lay low,because it truly is Liberal Hollywood.

bbz123 on December 19, 2006 at 8:17 AM

Stupid bombs. Oh, but for the days of yesteryear!

Shy Guy on December 19, 2006 at 8:18 AM

What is most alarming is this 30% figure.

I was going to type in a “South Park” reference here, but wasn’t sure how it would be taken if I typed it in if people didn’t get it.

ScoopPC11 on December 19, 2006 at 8:47 AM

RightWinged on December 18, 2006 at 11:39 PM

Amen to that. The media time is wasted on worthless q

naliaka on December 19, 2006 at 8:47 AM

RightWinged on December 18, 2006 at 11:39 PM

Amen to that. The media time is wasted on worthless q

naliaka on December 19, 2006 at 8:47 AM

Video help. When watching video’s they constantly pause and then continue. Pause, then continue. On all videos EXCEPT the one with the phone call between Bonaduce and Gibson. That one played all the way thru. Do I need to do something to get the videos to play without constant pauses? It’s so irritating.

msflea on December 19, 2006 at 8:51 AM

Whoa. Sorry about that double tap.
Just wanted to expand on RightWinged’s on the money comment …
The media interviews are worthless, and end up giving unchallenged airtime to the kooks. The blame rests on as usual, unprepared, uninformed interviewers who wouldn’t spend the time to research the issue. Now, after watching this clip, I would love to see Danny hired as an interviewer, to be allowed to shred these types to pieces. The interview with the solid, sedate editors of Popular Mechanics was devastating to the Truthers – they were served one solid rebuttal, right off the bat, and instantly dissolved into sneering, name-calling creeps. It didn’t take much to rip off their veneer of rationality. The problem was, not many of theviewing public ever saw that interview, so the word isn’t out as to how lame and pathetic and plain dishonest the Truthers claims are. Imagine what they’d look like to the general public if the Truthers and other Lefties had to go head to head with Danny Bonaduce? Love to see how the Code Pinkos would fare …

naliaka on December 19, 2006 at 9:04 AM

Nice audio. I wish I had listened live. It sounds to me like John Connor gave Danny Bonaduce a mission in life. It came across to me that we will hear more from Danny Bonaduce on this topic and it will be well researched and factual.

CrimsonFisted on December 19, 2006 at 9:04 AM

Do I need to do something to get the videos to play without constant pauses?

msflea on December 19, 2006 at 8:51 AM

Videos need a lot more data than audio.

For videos, try starting and then immediately pausing the video. That will start downloading and caching the video on your computer. Watch the status bar and you’ll see how far it has progressed.

Depending on your connection speed, you can usually start watching the video about midway through the caching process. You’ll see greatly reduced stops and starts.

a4g on December 19, 2006 at 10:07 AM

I agree stupid bombs will eventually end the war. We have more.

infidel on December 19, 2006 at 10:38 AM

The video clip was released by the truthers. I’m not sure why, since Bonaduce pretty much delivers a verbal beatdown. Perhaps they feel any publicity is good publicity, or perhaps they are such true believers they think that providing a platform for those who dispute them only shows how weak their opponents’ arguments are.

As a Jew familiar with Jewish history, conspiracy theories touch home, because of the entire Protocols myth. Because of alleged “neocon” complicity, the truther claims are but a hairsbreadth from classical Jew hatred. My guess is that there is a nexus between the conspiracy nuts and the Jew haters. They both believe lies, which is a good definition of insane. So we have folks who simultaneously believe in fantasy conspiracies and deny real conspiracies that have killed millions.

rokemronnie on December 19, 2006 at 10:42 AM

rokemronnie -

That’s interesting. If they released it, then they believe they came out of it better than Bonaduce. That’s an astounding delusion.

naliaka on December 19, 2006 at 10:49 AM

Like others, I really don’t care if this was staged or not; unless Danny was TOTALLY full of bulls**t, the message he came across with was one I agree with wholeheartedly.

I’ve never watched one of his shows (except for PF waaaay back when), haven’t followed his life; it doesn’t really matter to me. Someone mentioned about his drug rehab… who cares; if he really *did* sucessfully go through it, then kudos to him

As far as why would the truthers release this??? They’re looking for publicity, pure and simple. It seems they’d want two extreme cases; one where a celeb totally, completely agrees with them (to garner support), and one where they get smacked down (to garner publicity).

So way-to-go Danny, I think you really *are* a proud American.

dalewalt on December 19, 2006 at 11:08 AM

In case you can’t find it… Part One…

Mazztek on December 19, 2006 at 1:00 PM

naliaka,

Then again, the Truthers are astoundingly deluded.

Spiny Norman on December 19, 2006 at 1:01 PM

The problem with the 30% figure is it doesn’t show who believes what.

How many people believe in the hologram planes, the “thermite explosions”, or the fake phone calls that 9/11 Deniers preach on a daily basis?

Once George Bush is out of office, the 9/11 Denier movement is sit alongside with Holocaust Deniers and JFK nuts.

MarkyX on December 19, 2006 at 1:26 PM

And another thing about Operation Northwoods. No one was going to die in the event and were mainly talking media stories to sway the public opinion to invade Cuba.

Technically, it is considered false flag, however no one was going to die. This was under a different President and crisis.

Even though no one was going to die, it was still denied. Yet this piece of “evidence” is supposed to be proof that the government is willing to kill a few thousand Americans to play goose hunt in the Middle East.

I would really like to this “evidence” be bought up to court.

MarkyX on December 19, 2006 at 1:30 PM

And another thing, the Reichstag fire. There hasn’t been much proof that Hitler’s adminstration has done it, although there is no question that they did indeed exploit the tradegy. But the purpose of the exploit was NOT to invade other countries, but to get rid of political opponents of Hitler.

John Conner cannot even get that correctly, yet he compares 9/11 to the Reichstag.

MarkyX on December 19, 2006 at 1:33 PM

Well, the whole point is that they think he came off as an overly opinionated, major asshole. He won the argument, but their perception is that he won by being an intimidating prick; therefore, they release this video as a way of saying “Look what total pricks the anti-Truthers are!” …and they gloss over the fact that the “prick” was dead-on right about everything, hoping that no one will notice it.

mikeomatic on December 19, 2006 at 1:38 PM

Wheels within wheels, my friends.

Allahpundit the truther?

OMG!?!?

One Angry Christian on December 19, 2006 at 1:54 PM

It’s pretty pathetic that he got death threats over his beliefs and then to his own child! Those people should be ashamed of themselves.

Oh and Gibson rules! hehe.

Highrise on December 19, 2006 at 5:00 PM

I love that Partridge kid.

Black Adam on December 20, 2006 at 12:52 PM