Video: Truthers vs. Danny Bonaduce

posted at 4:11 pm on December 16, 2006 by Allahpundit

First Dr. Phil vs. the Bumfights guy, now this. There’s something magical about a talentless, Z-list celebrity getting righteous with an exploitative scumbag.

It’s also a pretty apt metaphor for our political options right now.

Via the SLC boys, who are still fighting the good fight.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

He says that the incident has resulted in death threats against his family,including his 12 year old.The Left has absolutely NO moral authority whatsoever.

bbz123 on December 17, 2006 at 4:45 PM

I really loved how apologized in advance for using ‘rough’ language.

Of course I think the 9/11 conspiracy nuts are more obscene…

darkpixel on December 17, 2006 at 4:45 PM

Oh,and BTW his wife in unbelievably smoking!

bbz123 on December 17, 2006 at 4:51 PM

That. Was. AWESOME!

Militant Bibliophile on December 17, 2006 at 5:10 PM

Just got a note from him saying that the final episode of his show his airing tonight on VH1,haven’t watched it ( the show) but I may check it out.

bbz123 on December 17, 2006 at 5:11 PM

Do him him a favor and buy him lunch, but no beer! He is trying to stay clean!

I wanna pay for Danny’s lunch & buy him a beer!

Frantic Freddie on December 17, 2006 at 4:06 PM

retired on December 17, 2006 at 5:12 PM

bbz123 on December 17, 2006 at 4:45 PM

Oh wow. That is outrageous. Simply outrageous. All he was doing was having lunch, bothering no one. He needs to make that known.

CrimsonFisted on December 17, 2006 at 6:08 PM

It is time for conservatives to put more effort into establishing more movie outlets, movie production companies, and more media outlets to counter balance the heavy handed leftist, liberal, democrat bias movie-entertainment industry, and news media.

William2006 on December 17, 2006 at 2:18 AM

DING-DING-DING-DING-DING!

RIGHT ON, BROTHA!

ScottMcC on December 17, 2006 at 7:00 PM

Oh, that made my day! That was so great. I am so glad DB didn’t pound on the little punk, it would have been entertaining, but it wouldn’t have shown who was truly the bigger man. HUA!

JustTruth101 on December 17, 2006 at 7:18 PM

Danny’s a complicated guy, seemingly working his way back from his dark side. I’m pulling for him to make it, and lately he seems to be doing a damn good job.

techno_barbarian on December 17, 2006 at 10:41 AM

Right on!!!!!!!!!

Here’s hoping that Danny makes it back – whatever his quirks, he’s a proud American.

Emmett J. on December 17, 2006 at 9:27 PM

I couldn’t have plaeyed it so cool, I was waiting for a left hook from way back in the kitchen to come around and plant that fool on his azz!

CBarker on December 17, 2006 at 9:36 PM

Ever since Danny beat up Donny Osmond in a Chicago Celebrity Boxing match, I have not liked him. But somebody quick needs to tell him he has redeemed himself in my eyes!!!!!!! What a awesome guy. Danny if you ever read this, I am sorry I doubted you!!!! You are an all American Male!!!! I still like Donny, though. That man can sing!!!! Joseph and The Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat was the best musical I have EVER seen!!!! Go Danny!!!! A real American!!!!!

bloggless on December 17, 2006 at 9:41 PM

Being the guy who did the 9/11 Deniers Speak video and Screw Loose Change, my daily contact with these morons gives me some experience on this..

Labelling them as “leftists” isn’t going to work on them. Yes, they are lots of democrats and socialists within the movement, but so are hardcore libertarians, extreme bible thumpers, and so forth.

If you look at John Conner’s other videos, his views are those that are a bit more right wing such as Gay Marriage.

The 9/11 Denier Movement isn’t a leftist-exclusive group here.

MarkyX on December 17, 2006 at 10:26 PM

DANNY BONADUCE for CONGRESS!

That was beautiful! I think we’ve found Bob Dornan’s long-lost son ….

Ali-Bubba on December 17, 2006 at 11:43 PM

The 9/11 Denier Movement isn’t a leftist-exclusive group here.

MarkyX on December 17, 2006 at 10:26 PM

Interesting, based on what I have seen and read (not to mention I work in the same office with a “truther” – who I can’t have a rational conversation with), it always appeared to me to be a far-left group.

Rick on December 18, 2006 at 12:44 AM

If you looked up the word “Owned” in the dictionary, I would imagine you would find a photo of John Conner next to it.

JG2K6 on December 18, 2006 at 12:46 AM

So, the video is being hosted by the guy who got pwned? I’m confused.

DaveS on December 18, 2006 at 2:36 AM

Yup, Danny has come a long way. Even if he voted the other way and held different opinions, the passionate stance he took (as well as the pre-emptive apology given to the lady nearby) certainly made me respect him a whole lot more.

I completely agree.

Though I couldn’t help but feel some pride when he said, “I voted for Bush.”

He really has improved his image in the past few years though.

Esthier on December 18, 2006 at 8:29 AM

So, the video is being hosted by the guy who got pwned? I’m confused.

DaveS on December 18, 2006 at 2:36 AM

In his universe, this video represents a victory. He’s proud of it. That’s why it’s so useless to talk to these people; they honestly don’t get it. You can administer the smackdown to end all smackdowns and they’ll laugh and declare victory.

Laura on December 18, 2006 at 9:12 AM

Reminds me of another enemy we’re fighting these days…

CliffHanger on December 18, 2006 at 10:14 AM

Hehehehe. Danny Bonaduce is a alcoholic, drug addled nutjob. Even he thinks the “truthers” are insane. Similar to Courtney Love telling Britney Spears she was out of control. When one of the poster children of borderline sanity tells you even they aren’t as crazy as you then you ought to pay attention.

Faith1 on December 18, 2006 at 11:45 AM

That was sublime.

Danny Bonaduce has certainly put himself through the mill for multiple cycles, but he’s done a very good job of straightening himself up the past few years.

He was perfectly cogent, meant what he said, exercised restraint in spite of being obviously deeply angered. I’m certain that the truthers targeted him hoping to get a “true hollywood celebrity” on tape agreeing with them, expecting that he was still what he had been, an “alcoholic, drug addled nutjob”. Don’t make the same mistake they made.

Freelancer on December 18, 2006 at 12:07 PM

Did anybody see his web site?

He’s more than a Truther! He’s a real nut. The guy thinks there is a plot that will result in basically the plot of The Terminator.

He thinks our government worships Satan. For example, he says that there is a Pentagram designed into the grid of Washington, D.C. Crazy, but he has a limited or misinformed knowledge of the occult. The Pentagram is not a sign of evil; it was actually used as a seal of protection from evil.

Maybe with all the explosion of online dating, he can find a girlfriend and disappear. You have to put down the D&D someday…

budorob on December 18, 2006 at 1:13 PM

I submitted this to Digg yesterday. Most think that Conner is a jerk, but even most of those think that Bonaduce is an idiot for voting for Bush, and ther’e a nice assortment of truthers commenting as well…

greggish on December 18, 2006 at 1:37 PM

“Don’t make the same mistake they made.”

Not making a mistake and he’s recovery is fairly short-term as he was hitting the bottom of the barrel just last year. He’s recovering, true, and I wish him well, but he still has issues.

My point being that DB KNOWS he’s been screwed up in his life and even he doesn’t buy their crap. To have been what he’s been through and STILL have your head clearer than the Truthers just points out how far to the insane line they have drifted.

“John Conner”? Can you BE any more obvious with illusions of grandeur? Pssssst, Johnny, Terminator was just a movie…no one is being sent to insure your survival. The Gov of California is NOT out to get you.

Faith1 on December 18, 2006 at 1:39 PM

Wouldn’t you love to be nearby when he’s filming this trash – with a laser pointer? Now, that would be some funny video.

Laura on December 18, 2006 at 2:00 PM

Well, okay, no it wouldn’t. I was thinking of what it would look like to have him scream like a little girl and run away. Amusing because, as Bonduce said, who is this guy? Who cares what he thinks? But I guess the fact that we’re discussing him does give him some credibility, and make the idea of a death threat credible enough to not be a joke. So no, it wouldn’t be funny, any more than it was funny when some nitwit sent white power to Olbermann, and I’m sorry for posting that.

Laura on December 18, 2006 at 2:08 PM

At first I thought it was Danny who has received death threats since this video was publicized. Now I am wondering if it is Connor who receives the death threats.

So, who is receiving the death threats?

Can someone make it clear who, what, when, where, why?

Also, what proof do we have, what evidence is there to support any death threats toward Connor, if Connor is receiving any death threats at all?

He seems like a real nut case so I would have a difficult time in believing he does receive any death threats. I would believe that he would send death threats to himself and then complain that there is a conspiracy.

William

William2006 on December 18, 2006 at 2:31 PM

William, from reading bbz’s comment I concluded Danny Bonaduce got the death threats, but it’s pretty safe to say Conner has also received them. His site is offensive to all kinds of people, not just the right. As to whether they were credible – you can’t ever know that for sure until it’s too late, can you?

Laura on December 18, 2006 at 2:56 PM

Beautiful. He asks for permission to swear, then he lets the guy have it. John Connor ended up like a babbling fool. Get a job, loser.

PRCalDude on December 18, 2006 at 2:58 PM

Great b*tchslap, Danny!

thebookkeeper on December 18, 2006 at 3:30 PM

Very nice. A fellow American. Danny is a gentleman. I wish him the best. And for Dan… I hope he gets hit by a truck.

Griz on December 17, 2006 at 12:59 PM

correction > > And for John O… I hope he gets hit by a truck.

Griz on December 18, 2006 at 4:15 PM

Hoo-Rah. Good for you Danny. We need more like ya.

Thanks