Audio: Obama scolds Maureen Dowd for making fun of his ears

posted at 5:48 pm on December 14, 2006 by Allahpundit

Rush Limbaugh thinks he was serious. I think he was kidding. Some reporter from the Sun-Times who was there thinks it was a bit of both. You’re clicking here and fast-forwarding to the halfway point. The Obama clip starts at 60% of the way in, but you don’t want to miss the little montage they put together of doofus Wonkette alumna Ana Marie Cox rattling on about Obama’s sexy sexified sexiness.

Note to Rush: do we really want to play up the fact that Obama doesn’t like Maureen Dowd? He could win a few red states running on that platform.

Comments

Obama ’08: I told MoDo to stick it.

Enrique on December 14, 2006 at 5:50 PM

Are those ears or satellite dishes? Obama was kiddng? Impossible, dems don’t have a sense of humor….unless they are trying to insult the military…..

MoDo’s response says it all…we’re just trying to tuff you up. Is that the job of the media, toughen up their fav candidates? Oh, that’s right, they don’t have fav candidates either…….

ritethinker on December 14, 2006 at 6:04 PM

I thought he sounded serious.

Scot on December 14, 2006 at 6:12 PM

Of course that doesn’t mean he was serious, just sounded serious.

Scot on December 14, 2006 at 6:13 PM

Don’t people on this site complain about the attention paid towards Obama…

And then a thread starts about his response to someone’s commentary on his…ears…

Nonfactor on December 14, 2006 at 6:21 PM

I don’t get it… aside from the fact that he isn’t Hillary, what is it about this guy that supposedly makes him so charismatic? He’s as weird looking to me as John Kerry is, and yet somehow they both manage to make so many Democrats weak in the knees.

Am I the only one who sees this? I feel like I’m taking crazy pills!

Watcher on December 14, 2006 at 6:23 PM

Swwweeeet, now I have a new nickname for him: Dumbo Hussein!

*waiting for Allah’s smackdown..*

NTWR on December 14, 2006 at 6:25 PM

I hope Dumbo catches on.

infidel on December 14, 2006 at 6:27 PM

Because Democrats are blind to reality and see things the way they “want” them to be. Don’t forget how amazing they thought Clinton looked. They live in a fantasy world.

Gregor on December 14, 2006 at 6:28 PM

I think I will agree with the last part of the tape: Maureen wants Barak. I am not so sure he was kidding, but I am sure that he felt comfortable enough to tell the red eel that he was sensitive and she responded lovingly…

Pam on December 14, 2006 at 6:28 PM

*PeeWee on*
What?? WHAT?!?
*PeeWee off*

Dash on December 14, 2006 at 6:35 PM

MoDo? Haven’t seen that lsuh in ages.

Barack Dumbo Hussein Osama Obama.

JammieWearingFool on December 14, 2006 at 6:36 PM

lsuh = lush

JammieWearingFool on December 14, 2006 at 6:36 PM

SHHH! Don’t tell the Jihadists that those ears are the latest in skunk-works weapons technology. They only appear to be ears. In reality, they are the latest model of a focused electronic acoustic beam weapon invented by Al Gore — because everyone knows that the Dhimmicrats are strong on defense.

CyberCipher on December 14, 2006 at 6:40 PM

Oh yeah, and stop refering to him as Barack Hussein Obama. From now on, he’s Barack “Ultrasonic man” Obama.

CyberCipher on December 14, 2006 at 6:42 PM

Can you hear me now?

JammieWearingFool on December 14, 2006 at 6:44 PM

Or just do what Ted kennedy did and call him Osama Obama.

Gregor on December 14, 2006 at 6:53 PM

Sen. Barack Obama’s speech accepting the presidential nomination of the Democratic Party at the DNC…

I’m Barack Obama, and I’m reporting for audacity. The audacity of hope! And, I’m all ears.

(APPLAUSE)

We are here tonight because we love our country. We’re proud of what America is and what I hope it can become.
My fellow Americans, we’re here tonight united in one purpose: to make America hopeful at home and one with the world.

(APPLAUSE)

I was born, as some of you saw in the film, in Honolulu, Hawaii, not in an Army Hospital, but with the audacity to hope.

(APPLAUSE)

My dad, who was born in Kenya, was not a pilot in World War II. Now, I am not one to read into things, but guess which wing of the hospital the maternity ward was in? The Wing of HOPE!

(APPLAUSE)

I’m not kidding. I was born in the Wing of Hope.

(APPLAUSE)

My mother, who was born in Kansas, was the rock of our family, as so many mothers are. She stayed up late to help me with my homework. She sat by my bed when I was sick. She answered the questions of a child who, like all children, found the world full of wonders and mysteries.
She was my den mother when I was a Cub Scout. She gave me her passion for the environment. She taught me to see trees as the cathedrals of nature. And by the power of her example, she showed me that we can and must complete the march toward full equality for all women in the United States of America and the entire world.

(APPLAUSE)

My dad did the things that a boy remembers. He also inspired in me the greatest Hope.
As president, that is my first pledge to you tonight: As president, I will restore Hope to the White House and to the presidency. The last 8 years have been pretty depressing and tonight, I pledge, should you give me your trust, to restore Hope for the world.
I ask you, I ask you to judge me by my audacity to hope. As a young senator, I fought for victims’ rights and made hope a priority for all.

(APPLAUSE)

I will be a commander in chief who will never mislead us into war. I hope the terrorists will leave us all alone after the current president retires to Texas.

(APPLAUSE)

My fellow Americans, this is the most important election of our lifetime. The stakes are high. We are still a nation at war: a global war on terror against an enemy unlike we’ve ever known before. Well, here is our answer: There is nothing more pessimistic than saying that America can’t hope for better. And, inspire hope for all in the world. Our allies need us and we will give them hope. This will inspire our enemies, who will convert from enemies into new allies.

(APPLAUSE)

We can do better, and we will. We can hope
We’re the optimists. For us, this is a country of the future. We’re the can-do people. We can hope. We are armed with audacity. The audacity to hope.
My fellow Americans, the world tonight is very different from the world of eight years ago. But I believe the American people are more than equal to the challenge of hope. We can do it, together, you and I.

AUDIENCE: Obama, Obama, Obama….

Hope, we can hope!

AUDIENCE: Obama, Obama, Obama….

Hope, we can hope!

AUDIENCE: Obama, Obama, Obama….

So much promise stretches before us. Americans have always reached for the impossible, looked to the next horizon and asked, “What if?” “What if we can dare to hope again?”. And Europeans are right behind us. And so is Iran, and Venezuela, and the world. Hope, yes, hope for the entire world.
Never has there been a moment more urgent for Americans to step up and define ourselves. I will work my heart out. But, my fellow citizens, the outcome is in your hands more than mine.
It is time to reach for the next hope. It is time to look to the next horizon. For America, the hope is there. The sun is rising. Our best days are still to come.
Thank you. Good night. God bless you, and God bless the United States of America and the world.

WILD APPLAUSE!!!!!

Entelechy on December 14, 2006 at 7:20 PM

You will never hear about this again. Not from any of the boys who draw, not from the talking heads of the drive by media, not from anybody! If this guy was a Republican all you would hear about, for ever, would by this!!!

NEMETI IN SYRACUSE on December 14, 2006 at 7:49 PM

He looks like a dark brown loving cup.

Wade on December 14, 2006 at 7:52 PM

I would also be willing to bet that the old hag MOJO was sitting in front of a bottle of Absolute quite soon after the confrontation and feeling “quite uspet” about the whole misunderstanding concerning his ears, the size of tent flaps!

NEMETI IN SYRACUSE on December 14, 2006 at 7:53 PM

Frankly, MoDo’s comment was just eerie and arrogant. “Just trying to toughen you up”. Yes, because they hold all the power and are molding him into their own personal, pet-candidate? However, I agree with Rush on this. I think Obama was ticked off about it.

thedecider on December 14, 2006 at 8:10 PM

Entelechy, you got it spot on. That is exactly how he sounds.

JohnJ on December 14, 2006 at 8:27 PM

When the Chargers play the Bears in the Superbowl, watch for Senator Boo-Rock O’Bummer on the sidelines. He’ll be trying use those Dumbo sized auditory appendages to eavesdrop/intercept San Diego’s play calls. If we’re lucky, maybe for halftime entertainment they’ll let him use those earfoils to parachute/hang-glide into the stadium from the GoodYear blimp.

CyberCipher on December 14, 2006 at 8:28 PM

JohnJ, just like Mr. Kerry, with a different theme. Empty and expensive suits. This guy is a bit nicer, on the surface. Not to be fooled. Manipulative beyond belief. It’s all outside glitter. The media is easily had. Also, they don’t like ‘boring’ and being ignored. He makes them feel important.

…do we really want to play up the fact that Obama doesn’t like Maureen Dowd?

Maureen Dowd doesn’t even like Maureen Dowd.

Entelechy on December 14, 2006 at 10:13 PM

Entelechy,

Nice one. My thoughts exactly

Barack Hussein William Jefferson Clinton Obama.

The morph is nearly complete. But will there be a Ross Perot to complete the transformation miracle?

fogw on December 14, 2006 at 10:21 PM

He is not a Democrat, he is a Dumbocrat.

bloggless on December 14, 2006 at 10:49 PM

Why don’t we give him a Global Hearing Test?

bloggless on December 14, 2006 at 10:50 PM

Barack Hussein William Jefferson Clinton Obama.

fogw on December 14, 2006 at 10:21 PM

Howdy fogw – you must leave room for a Hillary in there :)

Entelechy on December 14, 2006 at 11:11 PM

Something Obama may want to hear with those cartilage cardoors:

About his status as an “apostate” to Islam, because his father was a Muslim, and because he is not now following his “birth creed” (which Islam does not allow, under threat of death).

Will he have to “revert” to Mohammadism, or will Obama face what the Afghani apostate Abdul Rahman did earlier this year, and need to flee to Italy for refuge from radical jihadists?

When will David Gregory or even Rosie O’Donnell ask him about this troubling biographical-theological detail?

profitsbeard on December 14, 2006 at 11:18 PM

YOU ARE AN IDIOT PATSY HOUSE SLAVE FOR THE LEFT….

Can you hear me now?????????

seejanemom on December 15, 2006 at 9:04 AM

I’m sorry, I meant LAWN JOCKEY….

seejanemom on December 15, 2006 at 9:05 AM

Dumbo fits the persona well.

Hazmat on December 15, 2006 at 10:15 AM

Earbama is quite the sensitive little guy, isn’t he? Hey Modo, don’t call him tiny, either. He’s also sensitive about the size of his…..nevermind.

pistolero on December 15, 2006 at 11:11 AM

What’s Rush’s point? That Liberals are weenies and Maureen Dowd is biased left? Duuuhhhhh.

Zetterson on December 15, 2006 at 12:35 PM

When the Chargers play the Bears in the Superbowl,

LT or no LT, the Chargers are world-class chokes when it actually means anything. They won’t make it to the show. And no coach in NFL history has a bigger variance between his regular season and post-season records. Marty sucks after 16 games.

Freelancer on December 15, 2006 at 1:44 PM

cartilage cardoors, I like that one!

shooter on December 15, 2006 at 3:11 PM

Now for what Osama should have said…

“Maureen, if there is something you would like to say to me please go right ahead. I’m all ears.”

DannoJyd on December 16, 2006 at 7:19 AM