CAIR sets up “flying while Muslim” complaint hotline

posted at 10:00 am on December 13, 2006 by Allahpundit

The regular office number won’t do. So pervasive and insidious is this scourge that they have to clear an entire phone line for it. Or so they’d have you believe. Quote:

One airline official who asked to remain anonymous called the CAIR threats about ethnic profiling “much ado about a practice that does not exist in any major airline.”

“You do wonder what the ultimate aim is here; to eliminate a discriminatory practice that does not exist, or is there some other agenda afoot,” the official said.

They’ve published a “know your rights” handbook, too, one chapter of which is devoted to airline travel. Among the steps to be taken:

1. Ask for the names and ID numbers of all persons involved in the incident. Be sure to write this information down.
2. Ask to speak to a supervisor.
3. Sit in hijack formation and begin ranting about Osama Bin Laden.

No, the real steps are here.

They hosted an event last night for the Syrian ambassador, by the way, in which he blamed the “Sunni-Shiite rift” in Iraq — which has existed for 1,400 years — on American foreign policy.

Comments

Can we get a hotline for being blown up while non-Muslim?

E L Frederick (Sniper One) on December 13, 2006 at 10:05 AM

At first I thought they set up a “flying with Muslims” hotline. That might generate a lot more phone calls.

bloggless on December 13, 2006 at 10:06 AM

At first I thought they set up a “flying with Muslims” hotline.

Didn’t they used to have an airline for that? TWA – Travel with Arabs?

E L Frederick (Sniper One) on December 13, 2006 at 10:08 AM

If they’d had this back in 2001, we could have heard tapes of heart-wrenching phone calls from the Muslims on Flight 93 about how they were being profiled.

Attila (Pillage Idiot) on December 13, 2006 at 10:13 AM

liberrocky on December 13, 2006 at 10:17 AM

Chatting=Chanting

liberrocky on December 13, 2006 at 10:17 AM

Are any of them going to pull this crap if they fly on El-Al?

DoctorDentons on December 13, 2006 at 10:19 AM

5. Write down a statement of facts immediately after the incident. Be sure to include the flight number, the flight date, and the name of the airline.

The should really stress that “facts” part. Maybe include a definition.

Catnip on December 13, 2006 at 10:20 AM

To get back at telemarketers who were foolish to leave a callback number on my answering machine, I would set up my WinFax to try to send a fax to their non-fax number. The telemarketers would answer, get the annoying squealing noise, and they would hang up. WinFax was set up to retry every 5 seconds up to the max of 99 times. Just curious, what was that CAIR number?

DAT60A3 on December 13, 2006 at 10:21 AM

I know this is a serious issue, keeping ourselves safe while trying to maintain our values as a nation.

That said, this just really cracks me up. Southpark or Colbert or someone will jump on this.

honora on December 13, 2006 at 10:28 AM

3. Sit in hijack formation and begin ranting about Osama Bin Laden.

You threw me on that one. I had to think about it. It’s still early for me and I haven’t had all my caffeine yet.

vcferlita on December 13, 2006 at 10:35 AM

I know this is a serious issue

Flying while Muslim is a serious issue? Honora you make my brain hurt.

As a non-Muslim, if I were to pray loudly wishing Death to America, in ENGLISH, and then asked for a seat belt extender, when I’m not in need of one, wandered aimlessly around the cabin….

They would of locked me up. If I had been on Southwest, I would of been a corpse.

Why do Muslims get a by? What a load of crap.

E L Frederick (Sniper One) on December 13, 2006 at 10:35 AM

So is CAIR going to merge with the ACLU this year nor next?

Timber Wolf on December 13, 2006 at 10:38 AM

“4. Ask witnesses to give you their names and contact information.. Yeah like I am going to give Jihad Joe my address after he was chatting “death to america” from seat 13b”

LOL. That was the first thing I thought.

amerpundit on December 13, 2006 at 10:42 AM

6. If you retain conscienceness enough to remember, try to write down what onboard weapons the flight attendants hit you with as this will inform future jihadis on what the crew may use to fight back against us, thereby nullifying their effect, allah willing.

Tony737 on December 13, 2006 at 10:44 AM

So if I , and a few of my friends, call this number say 30- 40 times a day…each…..

shooter on December 13, 2006 at 10:59 AM

4. Ask witnesses to give you their names and contact information…
Maybe if I give them my address they will send me a “Happy Hajji-days” card!

liberrocky on December 13, 2006 at 11:04 AM

Keep in mind that harrassing phone calls can be traced back to the originator. So even if you use the code to block caller ID, CAIR can subpeona the telephone records and press legal action against anyone that sets up an auto dialer or harrasses them in any way. And judging by their MO, they WILL trace you down, along with using any harrasment (real or fake) to push their agenda.

Wyrd on December 13, 2006 at 11:17 AM

7. If you’re going to mention Allah’s name during the flight, limit it to one of the following approved phrases:

Allah have another bag of peanuts please.

Allah want for Ramadan is a new knife sharpener.

Allah these flight attendants are making me excited with wood.

fogw on December 13, 2006 at 11:18 AM

fogw on December 13, 2006 at 11:18 AM

I’m taking this flight to meet Allah and Michelle…

E L Frederick (Sniper One) on December 13, 2006 at 11:24 AM

Before commenting further on this post … it’s important for all of us to do the proper research prior to passing judgment.

It might be a good idea for each and every American citizen to make several test calls to the number – giving detailed information about how you were harassed by a particular airline – just to make sure the system works as advertised.

And so that we can assist CAIR in maintaining the functionality of the system, we should make these test calls on a regular basis each month.

CAIR is on a limited budget and we should all do our part to assist them in maintaining systems such as this which are obviously designed to benefit the American public.

Gregor on December 13, 2006 at 11:28 AM

If you would like to lodge a formal complaint against the terrorist group CAIR, dial 1-800-F–K-OFF.

JammieWearingFool on December 13, 2006 at 11:38 AM

For grifting while Moslem — press 1
For extorting while Moslem — press 2
For doing a pretty good impression of Al Sharpton while Moslem — press 3
For whining while Moslem — press 4
For taquiyah — press 0
For Moderate Moslems — please hang up

Claire on December 13, 2006 at 11:40 AM

Allah want for Christmas if for muslims and their appeasers to STFU.

SouthernGent on December 13, 2006 at 11:50 AM

“Excuse me, miss flight attendant lady!! Could you give me a hand with my seat belt? It won’t go around my bomb-filled vest!!

I love this from CAIR:

7. Stay on top of the situation. Make sure you follow up with police, local media and community leaders to make sure that your case is receiving the attention that it deserves

Which should be NONE!!!

BigOrangeAxe on December 13, 2006 at 11:52 AM

I am SHOCKED at you people. Your comments are bigoted and Islamophobic, not to mention just plain mean. You are all racists. How dare you stereotype Allah’s chosen people!!!

/CAIR/ACLU/JaHerer22

Andy in Agoura Hills on December 13, 2006 at 11:58 AM

All this will be unnecessary. In the 101st hour of the new Congress, Nancy Pelosi will pass the Federal Do Not Jihad Registry. Citizens will be given a choice about whether to be subjected to Jihad. Most Jihadists should not try to kill you once you have been listed on the registry for 31 days. If they do, you can file a complaint at a Website.

Americans will once again feel secure while flying and will not be alarmed by seemingly strange behavior of Muslims on planes.

rw on December 13, 2006 at 12:18 PM

You’d think they’d know that. And blame it on the Jews.

Pablo on December 13, 2006 at 12:25 PM

Since our government leaders don’t seem to care, and are not willing to do anything about this nonsense … maybe it’s best we all simply convert.

Look at the bright side. If we all convert and install Sharia Law … the likes of Nancy Pelosi, Hillary Clinton, Barbara Boxer, Diane Feinstein, Cynthia McKinney, Gavin Newsome, Barney Frank, and Jim Kolbe would be history. They would have to cover-up and shut-up.

Gregor on December 13, 2006 at 12:31 PM

Wyrd on December 13, 2006 at 11:17 AM

I have LOTS of questions.

shooter on December 13, 2006 at 12:32 PM

CAIR,,,, continues to get spots ont he radio and TV, until people stop talking to these lunatic terrorist supporters, they will continue to be loud and crazy in our faces..

retired on December 13, 2006 at 12:36 PM

Someone should ask CAIR to give us a list of unusual behavior by jihadists that they deem immediate civilian action appropriate. If civilians did not jump Reed the Reebok bomber another tragedy would have occurred. I am sure that CAIR (jihadists in denial)would say that we should allow muslims to continue any behavior and explode as they are allahs holy people and all passengers will become martyrs!
I would go one step further – if CAIR provides a list we can get all other groups to provide a list of behaviors of their members where immediated action is appropriate. SO -Jews, Christians, 80+ women, Mexicans, Asians, even liberals and all other possible “groups” that are being harassed each time we fly by having to be put through security when everyone knows that only muslims explode on planes or hijack them – can participate too.

Funny thing is – If there was handbook for Americans not looking to be blown-up – the checklist would include everything that the freakin flying imams pulled off – The only suspicious behavior that the flying imams did not do was try to light up their shoes. Of course lighters and matches are no longer allowed on airplanes.
I for one will be sure to keep their hotline busy.

iam7545 on December 13, 2006 at 12:41 PM

Please, this is just too good to be true. In addition to CAIR being terrorist-supporting, racist, publicity-mongering windbags, can they really be that stupid? Let’s advertise the heck out of this. I suggest that every person in America call 800-784-7526 at least once a day for the next 30 days to thank CAIR for alerting us to this issue. Keep them on the phone as long as possible, get them to explain Islam to you (whatever) because those 1-800 calls are expensive. We can’t say mean things when we call, because that could be harrassment, plus we need them to keep on talking…

If we all do this daily, we could run their phone bill up so that they don’t have any money left to support islamic charities terror groups.

JustTruth101 on December 13, 2006 at 1:28 PM

Oh, great…another example of the differences between the hajjs and the hajj-nots.

James on December 13, 2006 at 1:29 PM

Shooter,
heh, that may be one way around it :)

Wyrd on December 13, 2006 at 1:30 PM

i’ve got four words for all of them
durka durka mohammad jihad

Defector01 on December 13, 2006 at 1:52 PM

i’ve got four words for all of them
durka durka mohammad jihad

Defector01 on December 13, 2006 at 1:52 PM

Sherpa sherpa bak allah.

thirteen28 on December 13, 2006 at 1:55 PM

Interesting — if you go to the CAIR website there is no info on the flying imams – no mention that they are representing the fying imams in a lawsuit and no mention of the HOTLINE. Keepin it low key???

iam7545 on December 13, 2006 at 3:07 PM

If I had been on Southwest, I would of been a corpse.
E L Frederick (Sniper One) on December 13, 2006 at 10:35 AM

Wrong E L, if you were on Southwest you would have been delayed and rerouted.

right2bright on December 13, 2006 at 3:15 PM

Is anyone going to make a prank call or what?

budorob on December 13, 2006 at 4:12 PM

No, E.L. F. is right, if anybody tries this crap on SWA, they’re dead meat. It’s already happened once and he wasn’t even a jihadi. Terrorists don’t try us because of our Customer’s accurate reputation … they WILL kill you. And also because the open seating policy thwarts their prepositioned attack.

R2B, SWA this year was #4 in ontime service, that’s pretty good when you consider that we give ourselves only 20 minutes turnaround time and we have the highest number of flights in the business. Most delays are caused by customers in our newer cities who haven’t caught on to our boarding system yet.

Tony737 on December 13, 2006 at 4:28 PM

Tony737, just a little joke to ease the tension. The airlines are under incredible pressure. The pilot and airlines handled the imams fiasco brilliantly, and we should all support them against the stupid lawsuit designed to take away our safety.

BTW I can hardly wait for SWA new ad: We’re #4,we’re #4,we’re #4.

right2bright on December 13, 2006 at 5:04 PM

Sorry, I wasn’t being defensive, just informative. As for being number 4, in terms of passengers boarded – WE’RE NUMBER ONE! WE’RE NUMBER ONE! :-)

Tony737 on December 13, 2006 at 5:23 PM

hey Andy, you forgot to put GregH & Constantine in there too.

Starblazer on December 13, 2006 at 10:13 PM

I wonder if wearing a sign that says “All virgins gone, used in jihad,sorry” Wonder if that would be offensive??

bones47 on December 13, 2006 at 10:13 PM

also honora as well

Starblazer on December 13, 2006 at 10:14 PM

Really, can’t they just fly the Magic Carpet Airlines? I hear they cater to people like this>

R D on December 14, 2006 at 1:10 AM

I’ve got four words for all of them
durka durka mohammad jihad
Defector01 on December 13, 2006 at 1:52 PM

I have my first question.
Mr. Cair, what does this ‘durka durka mohammad jihad’ mean?

2nd; Is this the hotline to report suspicious muslim behaviour?

shooter on December 14, 2006 at 12:49 PM

Will CAIR be setting up any hotlines in the Middle East for non-Muslims to report harassment by Muslims?

Tantor on December 14, 2006 at 12:50 PM