Taliban warlord brags: We cost Republicans the election

posted at 11:41 am on December 12, 2006 by Allahpundit

Oh, now. Don’t you think Muqtada al-Sadr deserves a little credit too?

In a rare video message, Gulbuddin Hekmatyar, a renegade Afghan warlord allied with the Taliban, claimed that American troops will be forced out of Afghanistan like the Soviets before them.

The leader of the Hezb-e-Islami militant group also touted the Republican Party defeat in last month’s midterm elections as a victory for militants fighting in Afghanistan and Iraq.

“It seems that every bullet that mujahedeen had fired toward the Americans in Iraq and Afghanistan has turned into a vote against Bush,” Hekmatyar said in the undated video statement received by AP Television News in Pakistan.

“There is no doubt that is a great victory and success for Afghan and Iraqi mujahedeen,” he said. “I am convinced that the fate Soviet Union faced is awaiting America as well.”

Wait ’til he has to deal with President Obama, though. Then he won’t talk so tough.

Thanks to RightWinged for the tip.

Comments

You say Obama.
I say Osama.
Let’s call the whole thing off.

urbancenturion on December 12, 2006 at 11:48 AM

No no.

You say Obama.
Kennedy says Osama.

Damn, this is going to get old quick…

JoeEgo on December 12, 2006 at 11:50 AM

Theres a rumor that Pelosi is endorsing him for the chair of the House Subcommittee on Specialty Crops and Foreign Agriculture Programs.

Donkeyhue on December 12, 2006 at 11:52 AM

Don’t you mean Obama Hussein al-chicago

liberrocky on December 12, 2006 at 11:55 AM

They didn’t COST the republicans anything as much as they WON it for the democrats. I’m putting the bag back over my head now.

james hooker on December 12, 2006 at 12:01 PM

I’ll assume he sent in an absentee ballot.

JammieWearingFool on December 12, 2006 at 12:02 PM

I still do not understand how people like Ted Kennedy and Nancy Pelosi can honesty believe that they were not giving aid and comfort to the enemy when their main goal was to undermine the current administration and regain power.

In my mind their actions were treasonous at worst and seditious at best.

jman on December 12, 2006 at 12:03 PM

Wasn’t he just elected to Congress as a democrat?

Vanquisher on December 12, 2006 at 12:06 PM

We just have to face the facts. The Taliban think that Speaker Botox is the hottest thing outside of a Burqa they’ve seen.

Well, other than their favorite sheep, Aisha…

E L Frederick (Sniper One) on December 12, 2006 at 12:07 PM

AP, you not getting me emails anymore? I’ve been noticing a lot of posts that follow a few hours or even a day after I’ve passed along a story.

RightWinged on December 12, 2006 at 12:11 PM

I forgot to tip you. Sorry. I’ll fix it now.

Allahpundit on December 12, 2006 at 12:13 PM

No wonder the Democrats want an open border policy, and give immigrants the right to vote.

The new Democratic slogan: We will turn every bullet into a vote against the Repubicans.

right2bright on December 12, 2006 at 12:16 PM

Do speciality crops include pot @ poppies?

Dread Pirate Roberts VI on December 12, 2006 at 12:20 PM

I guess that means my new slogan will have to be, “I use bigger bullets”.

Then again, aren’t the Dems the party of “Gun Control Ban”

E L Frederick (Sniper One) on December 12, 2006 at 12:21 PM

BTW when is Speaker Botox going to Iraq and will she wear a head covering while in the Arab world?

Dread Pirate Roberts VI on December 12, 2006 at 12:22 PM

I forgot to tip you. Sorry. I’ll fix it now.

Allahpundit on December 12, 2006 at 12:13 PM

No problem, I haven’t been blogging much anyway and I may or may not post on this myself, I just wanted to make sure you’re still getting my emails, incase something important flies under your radar I want to be sure someone with a large audience (you guys) can get the word out, on whatever it may be.

RightWinged on December 12, 2006 at 12:24 PM

The Dems should be proud. They had the support of the world’s “diverse” elements. The part that really gets me, and just seems to go over the Dems’ heads, is where he states:

How can any Dem not see this as a ringing endorsement for the US’ defeat? Or does it not really matter to the Dems/libs? Do the Dems really think these maniacs are going to just go away? They sure as hell aren’t going to sit at a table and negotiate.

Rick on December 12, 2006 at 12:37 PM

I kept staring at his picture, and boy, if he doesn’t look like Peter Sellers in one of his disguises from Balls Empororium.

USN6872 on December 12, 2006 at 12:41 PM

USN6872 on December 12, 2006 at 12:41 PM

Looks to be the love child of UBL and Zawahiri to me.

RightWinged on December 12, 2006 at 12:44 PM

Taliban: Democrat operatives.

spmat on December 12, 2006 at 12:48 PM

Damned Taliban warlords. We told them to keep this on the QT.

honora on December 12, 2006 at 12:53 PM

The CIA tried to kill this bastard with a Predator drone in 2002. Releasing messages like this only makes him more of a target. It’s only a matter of time.

CP on December 12, 2006 at 12:58 PM

Damned Taliban warlords. We told them to keep this on the QT.

honora on December 12, 2006 at 12:53 PM

He didn’t have any coice Honora. The NY Times was about to expose the secret and Gulbuddin just wanted to get out in front of the story.

You just can’t trust anyone, anymore.

BacaDog on December 12, 2006 at 1:02 PM

Damned Taliban warlords. We told them to keep this on the QT.

honora on December 12, 2006 at 12:53 PM

You may be saying that jokingly.

Rick on December 12, 2006 at 1:02 PM

What really pisses me off, he is speaking the truth. During the last 40 yrs with the Vietnam War protests and Feminist wussifying the young boys, the socialists and communists have taught the young that cowardice is good and, they will be rewarded for it.

Helloyawl on December 12, 2006 at 1:04 PM

Amazing that AP hasit’s biggest office still in Pakistan. Must be true if the AP put this undated info out. LOL
The Brooklyn Bridge was sold again according to AP in Pakistan, to the Taliban tribal chiefs.

bones47 on December 12, 2006 at 1:12 PM

Now can we say that terrorists love Democrats?

natesnake on December 12, 2006 at 1:18 PM

why do the terrorists insist on politicizing the war on terror?

Alex K on December 12, 2006 at 1:19 PM

I guess things won’t be too bad as long as there is no infighting between the Hezbollah and Al-Qaeda wings of the Democratic party.

Rick on December 12, 2006 at 1:24 PM

Osama is a dem….

E L Frederick (Sniper One) on December 12, 2006 at 1:27 PM

This may be a little off topic, but who sleeps with these men? IF we could only reach the women who are forced to endure these beasty, repulsive things in bed!!!! If we could only show them what lovely, intelligent and kind men America and the West has to offer them, then maybe they would revolt against these foul creatures. If they could only know what it means to be an American woman, I think they’d off him themselves.

bloggless on December 12, 2006 at 1:38 PM

Someone has to say it……Don’t question their patriotism!

KelliD on December 12, 2006 at 1:49 PM

bloggless on December 12, 2006 at 1:38 PM

We need more posts like this, makes me want to go out and kick a little radical bearded mulah ass.

right2bright on December 12, 2006 at 1:58 PM

You’re absolutely right, good eye, and thanks for the chuckle.

Sasnak on December 12, 2006 at 2:01 PM

Well, not YOU guys really, but your allies in Iraq.

I think we can now officially change the Dem party’s name to the Terrorcrats. If not, than at least the Dhimmicrats.

Tony737 on December 12, 2006 at 2:07 PM

Well, not YOU guys really, but your allies in Iraq.

Tony737 on December 12, 2006 at 2:07 PM

Good ideas, all. But think we’ll stick with the “Majority” party. Has a nice ring to it.

honora on December 12, 2006 at 2:19 PM

Honora, you make me laugh. You must be hitting the kool-aid again. “Majority Party” indeed.

That’s why all the recently elected “Blue Dog / Kirsten Power” Dems were running like “R”s, but were “D”s.

E L Frederick (Sniper One) on December 12, 2006 at 2:24 PM

So… which barbarian god-botherer is this?

mojo on December 12, 2006 at 2:37 PM

More “brotherly greetings,” I see, sent from our sworn enemies to the Democrats.

georgej on December 12, 2006 at 2:46 PM

E L Frederick (Sniper One) on December 12, 2006 at 2:24 PM

Oh I see, you guys actually

won.

What a silly girl I am. (Ok, what is “Kirsten Power” exactly?)

honora on December 12, 2006 at 3:04 PM

I have to assume that your making fun of my lousy spelling.

What a silly girl I am. (Ok, what is “Kirsten Power” exactly?)

I didn’t say we won. However, to say that your a “majority” is just as silly as me saying that we won.

E L Frederick (Sniper One) on December 12, 2006 at 3:10 PM

Oh… and Honora… Allah must be in a good mood today… I think he’s banned people for less than not knowing who KP is.

(kidding AP)

E L Frederick (Sniper One) on December 12, 2006 at 3:13 PM

honora, you’re a chick?

RightWinged on December 12, 2006 at 3:32 PM

(kidding AP)

E L Frederick (Sniper One) on December 12, 2006 at 3:13 PM

She’s that blond who appears with MM sometimes? Seriously, not on my radar. I’m so ashamed….

honora on December 12, 2006 at 3:35 PM

honora, you’re a chick?

RightWinged on December 12, 2006 at 3:32 PM

Yes. Bless you.

honora on December 12, 2006 at 3:36 PM

Also known as KP – AP appeared to have a thing for her (don’t know now – he’s been very quiet of late).

Rick on December 12, 2006 at 3:57 PM

honora, in specific, et all, if you wish to, name one good reason why this dude and his shouldn’t embrace the dems.

Also, me lady, temper your Schadenfreude because it always returns. It’s only a matter of time.

Entelechy on December 12, 2006 at 4:17 PM

Rick on December 12, 2006 at 3:57 PM

You’ve been kidded or fooled, or you’re just a nice and naive fellow…or you’re kidding.

Entelechy on December 12, 2006 at 4:19 PM

honora on December 12, 2006 at 3:35 PM

Well, if she’d post on her blog more often she might be.

E L Frederick (Sniper One) on December 12, 2006 at 4:46 PM

Entelechy,

I believe my comment falls somewhere in between descriptions 1 and 3 (too cynical and skeptical to be “naive” – as for being “nice”… hmm…I’ll leave that up to the lefties to determine).

Rick on December 12, 2006 at 5:04 PM

Rick, I like a bit cynical and skeptical (same here :) – now that I know you’re of Hispanic descent, I’ll never write to you again – wait, wait, just kidding!!!

Somos todos grandes y afortunados.

Entelechy on December 12, 2006 at 5:55 PM

gee, you would think that honora / Constantine & especially GregH would thank this guy for helping the Dems win the majority for both Houses, so honora – are you liberals going to send him a thank you card anytime soon?

Starblazer on December 12, 2006 at 6:08 PM

If Honora is a chick, I’m a Dhimocrat.

bloggless on December 12, 2006 at 9:19 PM

The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

Lefties call themselves “liberals” but really their’re (oh my gawd, look at THAT typo!) they’re totalitarians wishing to rule the world. Islamic terrorists are totalitarians wishing to rule the world. Is there any doubt they’d have something in common? Like defeating the freedom loving conservatives (classic liberals) who stand in their way.

Tony737 on December 12, 2006 at 9:21 PM

Somos todos grandes y afortunados.

Entelechy on December 12, 2006 at 5:55 PM

Not bad for a Transylvanian-American.

Rick on December 12, 2006 at 11:05 PM

If Honora is a chick, I’m a Dhimocrat.

bloggless on December 12, 2006 at 9:19 PM

honora is a lady – she stated that repeatedly. I believe she has 5 children.

Rick, as you know, Spanish, Italian, Portugese and Romanian are the only true romance languages, and very similar. Another reason to infuriate the French…

Entelechy on December 13, 2006 at 12:35 AM

Let’s get this straight. The fact that our self-sworn enemies believe that the Democratic Party is THEIR ALLY, means that the rest of America should consider the Democrats as traitors. Just as they were in 1864, the Democrats are the “treason party.”

georgej on December 13, 2006 at 1:34 AM

Starblazer on December 12, 2006 at 6:08 PM

Done. We are nothing if not well mannered.

honora on December 13, 2006 at 10:21 AM

Done. We are nothing if not well mannered.

honora on December 13, 2006 at 10:21 AM

Was there a group hug involved?

Rick on December 13, 2006 at 11:45 AM

Does this guy get a seat on the podium at the next Democratic Presidential Nomination Convention?

Instead of playing “Happy Days Are Here Again” the new DNC song will be “Kumbaya” with this group waving their scimitars in the air. At the end of the tune, they lope off a couple of heads of the kufars.

USN6872 on December 13, 2006 at 1:04 PM