Shakedownmania! Airport imams looking to get paid?

posted at 2:08 am on December 11, 2006 by Allahpundit

For the pain and hardship they suffered when their hijacker-ish behavior was thwarted.

Actually, the article doesn’t say that they’re asking for money, just something “mutually agreeable.”

This one’ll be fun.

The Washington Times first reported on Nov. 28 that the imams were not in their assigned seats, but seated in a formation similar to the September 11 hijackers and controlled the exits to the plane. The men also requested seat-belt extensions but did not appear to need them, and engaged in conversations critical of the United States, according to police reports and eyewitness statements…

Federal air marshals and pilots called the imams’ actions a probe of airport security as well as a probe of the politically correct mentality of air passengers…

An airline spokeswoman says they have received the request from CAIR for a meeting, as well as a meeting request from Rep.-elect Keith Ellison, Minnesota Democrat, the first Muslim elected to Congress, but no date has been set.

Exit question: is CAIR really stupid enough to invite the PR disaster that would result from pursuing a high-profile lawsuit related to terrorism in which the facts very clearly are not on their side?

Answer: yes, of course they are.

Update: The disaster begins.

Comments

Screaming outrage at being offended by anything works in American. It has works for decades. The children have been taught. Did you teach yours?

laelaps on December 11, 2006 at 2:23 AM

When it comes to CAIR, facts are only the uneducated rantings of islamophobic witnesses, which wouldn’t exist if CAIR could just educate all americans about the true nature of Islam. Why would they fear a faceoff with the facts, they’ll just see it as an opportunity to introduce people to their blind hatreds.

eagles5 on December 11, 2006 at 2:47 AM

C’mon Keith X just cozy on up to CAIR, get real comfortable and wait for the lid to be blown off of their motives and means…

Theworldisnotenough on December 11, 2006 at 3:06 AM

One thought that crosses my mind every morning when I get ready to read the news is:

I wonder what the Muslims are outraged about today?

They are as reliable as the sun coming up.

quax1 on December 11, 2006 at 3:11 AM

(well, in the outrage department, anyway)

quax1 on December 11, 2006 at 3:12 AM

I wonder what the Muslims are outraged about today?

They are as reliable as the sun coming up.

quax1 on December 11, 2006 at 3:11 AM

I wondered the same about my ex-wife. Some mornings, I have a bout of PTSD.

laelaps on December 11, 2006 at 3:17 AM

Too bad that this would get swept under the rug by the MSM. What a juicy story this would be.

p0s3r on December 11, 2006 at 5:43 AM

Rather than give them a single dime in a settlement, how about the local cops arrest them for disturbing the peace instead?

Screw’em.

georgej on December 11, 2006 at 6:08 AM

They must have the “Revrun” Jesse Jackson as an advisor,

DoctorDentons on December 11, 2006 at 6:35 AM

Of course they’ll try to get money out of this. What better way to finance the mujahadeen but with America’s own money? Make the infidel enemies pay for their own slaughter.

Tony737 on December 11, 2006 at 7:46 AM

Time to recall Keith Ellison. Think Minnesota has the nerve?

CrimsonFisted on December 11, 2006 at 8:20 AM

Muslime outraged? Impossible, a religion of peace and tolerance.

right2bright on December 11, 2006 at 8:27 AM

Should be Muslimes, but Mu slime sounds good also.

right2bright on December 11, 2006 at 8:28 AM

This whole incident will bring out how the Dems support terrorism over American lives. The Dems will actually come out of the woodwork to support Muslimes acting like terrorists and condemn our country for doing something about it.

lynnv on December 11, 2006 at 8:34 AM

I wish the Airline had the nads to countersue these guys ,including Ellison for advising them ( hard to prove but I think he would put all of his cards on the table if challenged on this)

bbz123 on December 11, 2006 at 8:45 AM

We should start a defense fund so that USAIR doesn’t settle out of court. It should be fairly easy to convince a Jury (not in Detroit please) that the flying imams were baiting the passengers as a stunt. I am sure that their greater goal os to take advantage of Pelosi’s promise to pass legislation to punish Muslim profiling. Hey CAIR why do you find it acceptable for Jihadist cabbies to refuse blind people with leader dogs service.

ALLAH HELP US

iam7545 on December 11, 2006 at 8:47 AM

Some Demoocrats already have!

bopbottle on December 11, 2006 at 8:50 AM

Demoocrats

That was a typo, but I like it.

bopbottle on December 11, 2006 at 8:51 AM

For the pain and hardship they suffered

Why not? Michael Richards had to pay up. Imans aren’t the only people who can be outrageously outraged. Comedy club hecklers are people, too!

EF on December 11, 2006 at 9:04 AM

If I yelled “praise Jesus” on a flight from Damascus to Tehran, how long would they allow me to live?

infidel on December 11, 2006 at 9:12 AM

I’d tell them if they want to get paid, they need to actually go through with the hijacking instead of just simming it. Bashar A**hat and Klinger only pay for dead infidels..not offended ones.

austinnelly on December 11, 2006 at 9:20 AM

Pay them with pork rinds.

infidel on December 11, 2006 at 9:31 AM

The airline should be countersuing these punks.

Period.

Their staged and deliberate attempt to invoke fear among the traveling public was obvious. Millions of Muslims have flown in America for the entirity of the commercial aviation era without resorting to such “stunts”.

America, the gutless. Is this what we’ve become?

Next time I see a Muslim bent over in front of me at an airport, I’m going to put my foot in his ass for being a safety hazard. He can sue me. I’ll sue him for soiling the quality of my footwear. I’ll win.

Wake up, people. Wake the f**k up.

Spider Dan on December 11, 2006 at 9:48 AM

I wish the Airline had the [Malkins] to countersue these guys, including Ellison for advising them.

bbz123 on December 11, 2006 at 8:45 AM

Stole my thunder. Best defense is a good offense; wonder how much legal defense money CAIR can come up with? Oh, wait…never mind.

Jaibones on December 11, 2006 at 9:51 AM

Seems they’ve been taking lessons from Jesse Jackson. The ultimate ‘religious’ shakedown artist.

Lawrence on December 11, 2006 at 10:05 AM

One proper response from US Airways would be FOAD.

alflauren on December 11, 2006 at 10:12 AM

Check out the “gum balls” on these idiots.

People on that flight should sue these morons for emotional distress.

natesnake on December 11, 2006 at 10:13 AM

How about five to twenty in the federal pound-you-in-the-ass-prison?

After all they imprison people who call in false bomb scares don’t they? I think the same should apply to hijack-scares (which is exactly what this was!).

CrazyFool on December 11, 2006 at 10:30 AM

Perhaps a “mutually agreeable” settlement would involve six one-way tickets to Saudi Arabia?

morganfrost on December 11, 2006 at 10:35 AM

“put my foot in his ass”

Hahaha! Nice.

If I were in street clothes I’d put away my Airline ID, sit right in front of him and say “Hey, since you’re down there…”

Tony737 on December 11, 2006 at 11:53 AM

I hope the airlines spurn the settlement talks and take ‘em to court. Bury CAIR under a ton of legal fees.

Iblis on December 11, 2006 at 1:40 PM

Minneapolis Star Tribune: Suspicion about imams grows as terror links pile up.

A worthwhile read. Too bad nobody talks about their Ellison links in the MSM….

LGF: Now let the airline stand up to this extortion and force the matter either to be dropped, or to court! It’s about time someone in the MSM starting doing some simple journalism i.e. digging up truth instead of merely whitewashing radical Imams, and bashing Bush… Only an idiot could argue that these imams were doing anything other than probing airport/airline security.

Timber Wolf on December 12, 2006 at 8:46 AM

Don’t you mean Sheikhdown?

Bill C on December 12, 2006 at 2:10 PM