Barbra Streisand’s husband a Truther?

posted at 5:44 pm on December 7, 2006 by Allahpundit

This clip would have been Drudgeworthy gold if the g-ddamned Baker Commission presser hadn’t preempted the show. Just one more reason to be pissed.

[James] Brolin appeared as a guest on The View Wednesday morning and according to e mails we have been receiving in numbers, towards the end of the show the actor questioned 9/11 and urged the audience to check out the website 911weknow.com, which is a website that purports to expose how the twin towers and Building 7, which wasn’t hit by a plane, were brought down via controlled demolition.

We have received multiple reports that The View, which airs live from the West Coast in Pacific and Mountain time zones, was pre-empted by breaking news of the study group on Iraq in Eastern and Central time zones.

Did anyone on the west coast tape yesterday’s show? I figure this has to be true if people are e-mailing with the URL he gave out but I’m reluctant to trust a wack-left shop like Prison Planet. In fact, they claimed over the summer that Bruce Willis had made remarks questioning 9/11 when he hadn’t. Or so he said.

Assuming it is true, it’s interesting how this crap is starting to bubble up now that the election’s over, isn’t it?

We wait, then, for confirmation. Likely enough to warrant the theme song, though? I think so.

Comments

He’s neighbors with Martin Sheen. Nuff said.

EF on December 7, 2006 at 5:47 PM

Perhaps he was sharing some blow with Chuckles Sheen.

He’s married to The Aardvark, for God’s sake, so he obviously is a couple items short of a Happy Meal.

JammieWearingFool on December 7, 2006 at 5:56 PM

Jihadis didn’t take down the Trade Center, but they did blow my transmission!

Hey, Jimmy! Beep beep!

Pablo on December 7, 2006 at 6:06 PM

Ol’ Jimmy doesn’t know the difference between movies and reality.

Reeeeallllly?

Jimmy’s makin’ excuses for Osama!

Tell our wife not to book any concerts in Israel – it might not be there soon. On second thought, bokk them, just get the money up front Babs!

Wander on December 7, 2006 at 6:07 PM

These people are so desperate to be relevant. What a shame they are such idiots.

bopbottle on December 7, 2006 at 6:10 PM

…Brolin…Brolin…wasn’t he on TV back before remote controls?

Imagine…famous for getting see Streisand nekkid whenever he wants…his mom must be proud.

Puritan1648 on December 7, 2006 at 6:16 PM

There’s video gold out there somewhere.
Brolin had a role in Pee-wee’s Big Adventure.
The film even appealingly spoofs itself with a film within a film where we see James Brolin cast as a Hollywood he-man version of Pee-wee.

Stephen M on December 7, 2006 at 6:46 PM

There’s nothing like leftist “intellektuals” who will tell you how they use reason and science and you right-wing religious nuts are troglodytes because you’re not enlightened and then they go and suck this up…

Skywise on December 7, 2006 at 8:00 PM

Hey Brolin,

What conspiracy can you attribute to the collapse of Barbra’s twin towers? Jeesh, she can tuck them in her blue jeans now.

Bush’s fault.

fogw on December 7, 2006 at 8:13 PM

Didn’t see the 9/11 truther comments by Brolin.

Did see Brolin, when asked how things were going with Barbra, get up and jump up and down on the couch. Pretty funny.

baldilocks on December 7, 2006 at 8:14 PM

“Did anyone on the west coast tape yesterday’s show?”

I live in Orange County, CA, and The View is opposite Martha McCallum. Guess which I would tune in. The only time I would even see The View is during commercial breaks. I wouldn’t waste any VHS tape, TIVO, etc. on or have any need for, The View.

kevcad on December 7, 2006 at 8:56 PM

Now how the hell did he miss being on the ISG? Or even the Oprah!!! Yeah, yeah, that’s the ticket.

auspatriotman on December 7, 2006 at 9:18 PM

Is it a misnomer or an oxymoron to call them “truther’s”. I confuse the two. Anyway, are we surprised Bab’s husband is a whack job? Certainly not! Surely, she married “up”.

thedecider on December 7, 2006 at 10:03 PM

Surely, she married “up”.

thedecider on December 7, 2006 at 10:03 PM

Only on looks…

Entelechy on December 8, 2006 at 1:05 AM

I remember when he was Dr. Steve Kiley, and we had a television that was portable, but in color but you did have to get up and change the channels. I was 6 and that was my job as well as my brothers who was 5. I don’t watch The Spew either.

Catie96706 on December 8, 2006 at 2:34 AM

What’s the point of getting pissed? The percentage of Americans that believe this is fast approaching 40% and will only increase over time. Well, at least till the bombs start going off. But hey, they’ll be Bush’s fault, so QED, I guess.

spmat on December 8, 2006 at 2:48 AM

I don’t watch The Spew either.

Catie96706 on December 8, 2006 at 2:34 AM

LOL! “The Spew”…consider it stolen…I love it.

thedecider on December 8, 2006 at 3:03 AM

Perhaps he was sharing some blow with Chuckles Sheen.

Hey Brolin,

Bush’s fault.

These are classics! It is not often I can get a laugh early in the morning at work.

Thank You!

kiakjones on December 8, 2006 at 9:19 AM

Remember Brolin was in “Capricorn One” which was about a government conspiracy for a fake manned mission to Mars. OJ was in that too.

vcferlita on December 8, 2006 at 11:09 AM

The guy married Barbra Streisand. And he’s been with her a long time. And it’s news that he’s nuts?

NellE on December 8, 2006 at 3:41 PM