APB issued for Doctor Demento

posted at 11:59 pm on December 6, 2006 by Allahpundit

The boss has details.

Comments

So what did her lawyer say to the judege to explain her absence? She shouldn’t be too hard to track hope.

bbz123 on December 7, 2006 at 12:15 AM

Who is surprised by this? Seriously, anyone? Anyone?

DakRoland on December 7, 2006 at 12:42 AM

Thank God. And kudos to the judge for doing his job.

Christoph on December 7, 2006 at 12:50 AM

Oh expletive deleted
I thought this thread would be about Dr. Demento, the DJ who played those funny, songs on late night FM radio.

They’re coming to take me away, ha ha
They’re coming to take me away, he he, ho ho, ha ha
to the funny farm, with trees and flowers and chirping birds,
and basket weavers who sit and smile. . . .

rockhauler on December 7, 2006 at 12:53 AM

Wow, I thought they were talkin gabout “THE” Dr. Demento too! I almost did a spit-take! Luckily they were talking about a nutjob and not just a nut (a nut in a good way).

Spassvogel on December 7, 2006 at 12:54 AM

It’s about time.

Sean M. on December 7, 2006 at 12:56 AM

Book Review
on American Spectator
Campus Psychiatry Comes Clean

rockhauler on December 7, 2006 at 1:09 AM

Drat. I thought this was about Howard Dean.

austinnelly on December 7, 2006 at 2:05 AM

This is the book review I was thinking of, and couldn’t find the link to (grammer police knock youself out). . .
On Townhall.com

The Liberal Mind: The Psychological Causes of Political Madness
By Lyle H. Rossiter, Jr, MD

rockhauler on December 7, 2006 at 2:26 AM

For those of us who have entirely too much time on our hands. . . .
Why People are Irrational about politics
by Michael Huemer
The Miscalculation theory
The Ignorance theory
The Divergent-Values theory
The Irrationality theory

The Self Interest bias
Beliefs as self-image constructors
Beliefs as tools of social bonding

As an example:
Irrationalists

appears to misuse the rational/irrational conflict described by Huemer, but does seem to exemplify the divide.

Huemer, by the way, cautions against the use of anecdotal evidence, as I am doing here. . . .

Off topic, but how can I resist pouring gasoline on a raging fire. . .

rockhauler on December 7, 2006 at 3:35 AM

Okay. Maybe this is my night for name dropping. I just mentioned my friend and Laugh Factory owner, Jamie Masada, on another Hot Air thread and now I just can’t resist the urge to name drop the REAL Dr. Demento. I used to know his producer and sat in on a few of Dr. Demento recording sessions at his Westwood, CA studio.

I guess I am coming off as sort of a Forrest Gump of the Blogosphere.

pjcomix on December 7, 2006 at 5:20 AM

Oh, yeah, she reminds me of an ex. Except I got away.

tormod on December 7, 2006 at 8:19 AM

Let’s not forget that this is the work of a decision scientist. I always get a chuckle out of that.

Pablo on December 7, 2006 at 9:06 AM

Um, I vote for MOST MISLEADING HEADLINE EVER.

I thought the former wacky Radio DJ guy must have gone OJ or something, but…

JayHaw Phrenzie on December 7, 2006 at 9:18 AM

Inshallah-she will be locked up for a long time.

WriterMom on December 7, 2006 at 10:20 AM

…here is an example of subjective ethics take to their extremes. No objective right and wrong, folks can make up right and wrong “on the fly”, and you end up with a fruitcake like this, answerable only to herself.

This person doesn’t need a restraining order…she needs restraints.

Puritan1648 on December 7, 2006 at 11:42 AM