Video: Kerry says it’s time to MoveOn

posted at 9:37 am on November 30, 2006 by Allahpundit

Our day begins with some Waffles. It was his first interview since the joke botched ’round the world so Larry had a chance to break some news by asking him what he thought of Rangel’s decidedly less jokey comment the other day. But for some reason, he didn’t ask.

He had Dog the bounty hunter waiting to come on in the second half of the show, so he probably didn’t want cut into the valuable time he’d alotted for that.

Update: Whoops, my mistake. This wasn’t Kerry’s first interview since the joke went botch.

Update (Ian): Kerry on FOX News Sunday, here.

Comments

“I’m a combat veteran. I simply wouldn’t do that.” – John Kerry, in that clip above.

That little snippet needs to be taken out and merged with Kerry’s ‘winter soldier’ testimony.

Hoodlumman on November 30, 2006 at 9:41 AM

Blah Blah Blah from both Larry and Kerry. Both need to move on and get out of the public.

Wade on November 30, 2006 at 9:42 AM

Sticking the “us” in there made the joke the funniest thing I ever heard. Keep reporting for duty, John.

Valiant on November 30, 2006 at 9:44 AM

I botched a joke, they botched a war. Lol, he must have been watching “himself” on Conan.

By the way… Anyone ever notice how he and his friends defend him by saying “He wouldn’t insult the troops, he’s a combat vet himself!” I even heard libs pull this excuse out to defend the recently outted troop hater Rangel. But sticking with Kerry specifically, how than can he blast the Swift Vets and call them a bunch of liars, etc. Were they not combat vets? Why would they insult the troops (Kerry in their case)? I mean, if by simple virtue of being a combat vet, no one can ever accuse you of insulting them, then by Kerry’s logic, the Swift Vets were telling the truth? I know that’s tough to follow, because it was tough to put in to words, but does anyone get what I’m saying?

RightWinged on November 30, 2006 at 9:47 AM

Well, it certainly is seared in my mind.

Wander on November 30, 2006 at 9:50 AM

It does not matter whether he left out the word “US” or not. His voting record shows he does not support the troops. You judge a many by his actions, not his words.

jman on November 30, 2006 at 9:56 AM

Is it just me, or is JK attempting the Clinton lip-bite in that screencap?

Slublog on November 30, 2006 at 10:03 AM

here’s the thing… if king actually asked hard questions, no one would want to go on his show….

and of course, I’m doomed to live under the Rogers Hegemony that forces CNN onto us in basic cable, while demanding that we pay for Fox News

Canadian Imperialist Running Dog on November 30, 2006 at 10:10 AM

Both need to move on and get out of the public.

Wade on November 30, 2006 at 9:42 AM

Ah. Wade beat me to the punch line.

Lawrence on November 30, 2006 at 10:10 AM

Kerry says he would have voted himself last in that poll…Sure, “I voted for last place…before I was against it…”

JetBoy on November 30, 2006 at 10:13 AM

Lerch meets Fishface. High comedy, these two. Yes, it’s time to move on. Back to the botox center.

BTW, feel free to slap King around all you want. He doesn’t know how to work these email machines, with all thos buttons and stuff. Even more fun would be to show his mugshot.

JammieWearingFool on November 30, 2006 at 10:19 AM

…how can a man be so irrelevant and yet be so regularly covered by the press? Are they still lining up to interview Tonya Harding, Kato Kaelin, Wavy Gravy and John Wilkes Booth? Is the 24-hour news cycle *THAT* starved for content?

“I am a combat veteran”…so was Adolf Hitler. What’s your point? The man’s spent a rather handy career taking both sides of this and every other issue. “I voted for it before I voted against it” isn’t anything new. He’s a combat veteran who came back to “try” his comrades for “war crimes”.

The man is a walking cartoon. The most annoying thing about him is that he’s enabled by folks who use him to advance their agendas. He’s a buffoon. They’re the real villains.

Puritan1648 on November 30, 2006 at 10:20 AM

Looks like Lurch has had another botox treatment.

Labamigo on November 30, 2006 at 10:23 AM

Not since the linkes of Jennjess Kahn have I seen such waffling.

Black Adam on November 30, 2006 at 10:32 AM

Puritan1648,

Excepting the issue of giving the military the tools it needs to do its job. He’s pretty firmly against that.

This is — This is the man who wants to be the Commander in Chief of our U.S. Armed Forces?!

U.S. forces armed with what? Spitballs?!

Pablo on November 30, 2006 at 10:38 AM

Chris Wallace dogged him hard about it the other day.

Donnah on November 30, 2006 at 10:42 AM

A horse walks into a bar and the bartender says “Whay the long face Senator Kerry?”

LonelyMassRepublican on November 30, 2006 at 10:43 AM

Kerry just doesn’t get it. No one will move on until he gives a sincere apology that leaves out any mention of the sinister administration and right wing politicians who know what he meant but choose to misreprent what he said for nefarious polical purposes.

ptolemy on November 30, 2006 at 10:48 AM

Dog was on??? Dang, I missed it!!

jjjen on November 30, 2006 at 10:50 AM

Pablo, nice quote of Zell Miller.

“Lurch” has convinced himself he can “buy” himself the presidency of the US with teresa’s money. It’s the NE’rn Liberal’s way of seeing their birthright. Yuck, I need a shower.

tormod on November 30, 2006 at 11:32 AM

That man is utterly without honor.

venmax on November 30, 2006 at 11:43 AM

Is it just me, or is JK attempting the Clinton lip-bite in that screencap?

I swear on a stack of bibles that I thought the exact same thing before I read the article and your comment.

Kerry really doesn’t have a media pressence, so it seems clear that he’s trying to reinvent himself by borrowing other’s.

Kerry really is a douche bag.

natesnake on November 30, 2006 at 11:49 AM

It’s fairly well known in some circles in Mass. that our boy Lurch swings both ways. In fact some have compared his relationship with Terry as similar to Liza’s with David Gest, albeit with more money.

there it is on November 30, 2006 at 11:50 AM

Yes, John, it is stupid. So why don’t you shut the hell up, go back to wherever you came from and stop wasting our news bandwidth?

mojo on November 30, 2006 at 12:11 PM

The man is a sitting U.S. Senator and 2 years removed from being the Democratic nominee for President. I’m a little tired of him too and it’s pretty clear he stands no chance in ’08, but that said, he’s not irrelevent. He still welds much, much more power than you or I; he works with the most powerful people in the world on a daily basis. He’s intimately involved in trying to solve the nation’s problems. You can call Kerry many things, irrelevent is hardly one of them.

JaHerer22 on November 30, 2006 at 12:12 PM

The man is a sitting U.S. Senator…

JaHerer22 on November 30, 2006 at 12:12 PM

Thanks JaHerer22 for reminding us of what the real travesty is – that many continue to vote this, yes, irrelevant, petulant, hauty no one into the Senate, over and over. Now, that’s a relevant topic!

Entelechy on November 30, 2006 at 12:34 PM

Now, that’s a relevant topic!

Agreed! The fact we continue to elect old, stodgy, out of touch, corrupt losers to some of the highest offices in the country is a very relevnat topic.

Dismissing these people as irrelevant once they are elected seems more like an attack on the institution than the person though. Once someone is a Senator, like it or not they are pretty powerful and pretty relevent.

JaHerer22 on November 30, 2006 at 12:52 PM

Kerry should be the poster boy for the repeal of the 17th amendment movement.

Kevin R on November 30, 2006 at 12:54 PM

I live here in MA and I wonder what the liberals possibly see in Kennedy and Kerry?? These “Senators” speak for me in Washington?

send halp pleeze

kiakjones on November 30, 2006 at 12:54 PM

The man is too stupid to understand that it is not the “joke” but his long-held attitude about the military.

Nothing he says today negates his “winter soldier” slander. Not one thing. He has NEVER apologized for his comments slandering every soldier and officer who served in Vietnam.

Nothing he says today negates his going to Paris in ’71 to coordinate his activities and that of the Vietnam Veterans Against the War with the enemy.

Nothing he says today negates his voting whether or not the Vietnam Veterans Against the War should ASSASSINATE 6 United States Senators.

The man is UNFIT for any public office. Had he not been retroactively mass pardoned by Carter, he would not be allowed to be a dog-catcher, much less a US Senator.

georgej on November 30, 2006 at 12:55 PM

It just cracks me up that he blames the White House, i.e., “they knew what I actually meant.”

He also did this in the election. I don’t see too many people writing about these repeated occurrences, but he just sounds like a whiny little kid saying, “Make them stop! Make them stop!”

That being said, Larry King didn’t have to show Kerry the clip again. I know most people hate Kerry here, but he’s nice enough to appear on the show and talk about it…he doesn’t need that video rammed down his throat again.

asc85 on November 30, 2006 at 1:06 PM

Seriously, I don’t believe it was the White House that saw it, got the audio, played it on the internet, spilled it over in to the blogosphere, and then on to the MSM… What a retard.

RightWinged on November 30, 2006 at 1:18 PM

“played it on the internet” should be “played it on the radio”, my bad

RightWinged on November 30, 2006 at 1:18 PM

It’s not limited to just his media presence, he is contrived and phoney to his very core.

B Moe on November 30, 2006 at 1:26 PM

JaHerer22 on November 30, 2006 at 12:52 PM

This is so sad and true – fully agree with you and it goes for all parties.

Entelechy on November 30, 2006 at 1:49 PM

Being a vet does not confer intelligence or smarts e.g. Kerry & Rangel

Wil on November 30, 2006 at 3:10 PM

…that’s no criterion…my 4-year-old wields more power around my house than I do…but, I’m still more relevant than Kerry is….

…for one thing, I’m prettier….

…he works with the most powerful people in the world on a daily basis. He’s intimately involved in trying to solve the nation’s problems.

…this assumes that he even gives a rodent’s posterior for the nation’s problems. This man is ambition personified, and has been his whole benighted career, back to and including his 4 month stint “in combat”.

…oh…and what has he solved in, what’s it been? 20 years in the Senate? Zip.

As to working with the most powerful people, I’m not impressed. Lindsey Lohan has a higher Q-rating, and she can’t spell.

You can call Kerry many things, irrelevent is hardly one of them. — JaHerer22

…OK…not irrelevant…try: gone off, wasted, past his expiration date, yesterday’s news, last year’s fashions, your father’s Oldsmobile, nothing, useless, worse than nothing, worse than a useless nothing, not worth pig swill.

The man’s being *PROMOTED*, just like corn flakes. Can’t you see that? Is it all on the surface with you?

Puritan1648 on November 30, 2006 at 4:02 PM

Kerry is pathetic. He either has no friends or refuses to listen to them. If he had any real friends they would do an intervention and get him help. As much as I dislike and disagree with him – I really feel sorry for him. He sounds like a stooge.

iam7545 on November 30, 2006 at 5:41 PM

Release the complete military records Mr. Kerry. Not just the ones signed off during Jimmah Carter time.

gary on November 30, 2006 at 7:43 PM

Kerry would never slam the troops. Right. He’s been doing it for 35 years, and isn’t believable when he says he wasn’t.

Thank God Kerry isn’t President.

Steve Tsouloufis on December 1, 2006 at 2:01 AM

Screw this, show the damn Dog interview.

Reaps on December 1, 2006 at 9:04 AM

Small world after all. The day the 6 Imams were being taken off the plane I was watching members of the Red Bull traveling in the Minneapolis airport. I stopped one of them and thanked him for his service and the Kerry picture. He didn’t have much to say but said, “thanks”.

God Bless these men.

Later on I come to find out my brother lived next door to one of the Red Bull COs. You can imagine the depth of red my face turn when I saw John McLaughlin say that those weren’t real troops and that the whole photo was purely political, not done by soldiers. I wonder if McLaughlin has Kerry on speed dial… Twits.

Timber Wolf on December 1, 2006 at 12:44 PM