Video: Gore takes swipe at Scalia’s position on global warming, 2000 election decision

posted at 12:51 pm on November 30, 2006 by Ian

Al Gore complained about Antonin Scalia’s opinion of a global warming case facing the Supreme Court on the Tonight Show late last night. What Scalia said to tick Gore off: “I’m not a scientist, I don’t want to deal with global warming.” Gore’s response: “I just wish he felt that way about presidential elections.” Get over it, it’s been six years, you lost.

However, he felt his last statement wasn’t enough reference to the 2000 election. Adding to the audience’s laughter, Gore quipped: “I think 51 percent of the audience clapped for it.”

Comments

I guess he could see that naked eye of his.

kiakjones on November 30, 2006 at 12:57 PM

F-tard. Did they have to bring out a supersized chair for him?

Valiant on November 30, 2006 at 12:58 PM

I remember in science class in High School that CO2 is good what plants consume and produce Oxygen fo us to breath.

CO2 is what we exhale. So we’re asking the Supreme Court to regulate breathing?

I think Algore is plant food. No, just a plant. Better yet, a cowpie.

Kini on November 30, 2006 at 1:00 PM

If he really truly is concerned about Global Warming then why doesnt he just shut his big trap and stop blowing out his exhaust.

William Amos on November 30, 2006 at 1:01 PM

At least Scalia knows the limit of his knowedge…. unlike for example: algore the global warming prophet

Canadian Imperialist Running Dog on November 30, 2006 at 1:05 PM

Speaking of Global Warmists… how many of them fit into the catagory of “look at me, I drive a Prius, I’m special” then turn around and fly off to some exotic local in their Gulfstream?

And why are the Global Warming conferences always held in some tropical destination that takes several hours of flying to get to, and still has stupid numbers of Global Warmists flying there rather than using the internet to teleconference?

Canadian Imperialist Running Dog on November 30, 2006 at 1:09 PM

I’m just going to have to leave HotAir if I have to endure videos like this. Man is this guy aggravating. Duck Al, here’s comes the 2006 hurricane season spawned by those global warming created warm waters…. oh wait… sh**… nothing happened… Uh… um… dessert dust! El Nino! Yeah, that’s it!

RightWinged on November 30, 2006 at 1:12 PM

I’m not fan of Mr. Gore and his crazy gobal warming lies. But that is pretty funny. Sorry, it made me chuckle.

robblefarian on November 30, 2006 at 1:12 PM

…and, as with Gore, maintain multiple mansions (he has three), instead of living as modestly as they expect the rest of us to live.

Mig on November 30, 2006 at 1:14 PM

I’ll agree with robblefarian above.

Lighten up! It was just a joke! Jeez….

asc85 on November 30, 2006 at 1:14 PM

I think it’s time he MovedOn.

Gee, how’d those catastrophic hurricane predictions turn out there, fatboy?

I was kinda sad the other day when his book didn’t turn up in the Unabomber evidence pile.

JammieWearingFool on November 30, 2006 at 1:17 PM

Gore quipped: “I think 51 percent of the audience clapped for it.”

That- and a majority of the electoral college- will get you a seat in the Oval Office, Al.

B Moe on November 30, 2006 at 1:18 PM

Its unseasonably cold out west in Dallas.
Is that couch Algore is spread out on in Texas somewhere?

seejanemom on November 30, 2006 at 1:20 PM

Cut the guy a break!! Remember he invented the internet…

maintenanceman on November 30, 2006 at 1:30 PM

Ummm excuse me Mr Gore but you’re either a moron or you just think we are. The Supreme Court decision in 2000 had nothing to do with the Court deciding who should be and should not be the next president. The decision was based on the unconstitutionality of Al Gore wanting to hand pick certain districts to be recounted. The Court was correct to decide that either all the districts were to be recounted or none of them. Al Gore is well aware of this yet still shamelessly throws this crap out there in order to appeal to the morons who still think that George Bush stole the election. I believe Scalia was far from alone in that decision as well. My goodness, I’m so glad I’m not a Dem. I’d really have a hard time sleeping at night.

Zetterson on November 30, 2006 at 1:33 PM

Cut the guy a break!! Remember he invented the internet…

maintenanceman on November 30, 2006 at 1:30 PM

Oh, the irony. Using his invention to laugh at him.

JammieWearingFool on November 30, 2006 at 1:36 PM

AlGore is a waste of adult stem cells!

MCPO Airdale on November 30, 2006 at 1:37 PM

I wonder if Fat Albert spends any of his spare time in Florida re-counting dusty ballots.

JackM on November 30, 2006 at 1:43 PM

Leave the comedy to the pros, Algore….

Iowa Voice on November 30, 2006 at 1:53 PM

It’s obvious that was preplanned and Leno set him up to tell his HIGHlarious joke. It’s also good to see that Al’s been eating well since he left office.

Jeff on November 30, 2006 at 2:09 PM

It was almost funny. Maybe he could give that Jahn Karie guy a tip or two about joke delivery.

looking4statesmen on November 30, 2006 at 2:12 PM

Did they have to bring out a supersized chair for him?

Valiant on November 30, 2006 at 12:58 PM

A big a-s needs a big chair!

Entelechy on November 30, 2006 at 2:22 PM

I’ll agree with robblefarian above.

Lighten up! It was just a joke! Jeez….

asc85 on November 30, 2006 at 1:14 PM

That’s what was so painful. Al Gore telling jokes is like….. John Kerry telling jokes.

RightWinged on November 30, 2006 at 2:29 PM

Zetterson on November 30, 2006 at 1:33 PM

Thank you so much! The media, on purpose, never explained this. Those who know it, but don’t profit from it, will never admit to it and the rest will just never get it, no matter what.

The only constitutional thing to do would have been to recount all of Florida, from day one. It all started there, the FL supremes were in lalaland,….all other is not relevant.

Entelechy on November 30, 2006 at 2:30 PM

Hey come on, give him a break. His only claim to fame is the 2000 presidential election, which he lost.

bloggless on November 30, 2006 at 3:57 PM

Them fingers is like little sausages.

bloggless on November 30, 2006 at 4:01 PM

It looks like he’s been ingesting more than his share of trans-fats.
Sorry, that remark may have been below his ever-expanding belt.

MDBTCB on November 30, 2006 at 4:05 PM

When I see Al Gore, two words rush immediately to mind:

Dodged…bullet….

Puritan1648 on November 30, 2006 at 4:19 PM

Hmmmmm….. Looks like Gore’s body is catching up with his swelled head and overinflated ego.

GT on November 30, 2006 at 4:24 PM

…dessert dust…Yeah, that’s it!

RightWinged on November 30, 2006 at 1:12 PM

What’re we talkin’, here RW? Powdered sugar? Cocoa powder?

Jaibones on November 30, 2006 at 4:26 PM

Algore and Michael Moore must paint their mansions with the same lead paint.

Black Adam on November 30, 2006 at 5:34 PM

What’re we talkin’, here RW? Powdered sugar? Cocoa powder?

Jaibones on November 30, 2006 at 4:26 PM

Lol, whoops. You know what I meant.

RightWinged on November 30, 2006 at 8:14 PM

My suggestion is that he lead by example–and stop breathing. If that’s too hard, he could self-medicate with 15000 doses of Polonium 210.

urbancenturion on November 30, 2006 at 10:05 PM

Be nice he invented the Internet.

I think most of us can agree there is global warming?

This how I feel about global warming:(fill in the blank)

…We should do something about it.

…Screw it, I don’t care I’ll be long gone.

…All lies by the left wing liberal tree hugger’s.

…Government will take care of it because they have our best interest in mind with great vision and wisdom about the long term future.

…Trust the big oil companies and industries, they know what they are doing and would rather sacrifice profits today for out health tomorrow. (ha ha)

gmcjetpilot on November 30, 2006 at 10:59 PM

urbancenturion on November 30, 2006 at 10:05 PM

Aside from the fact that anyone paying attention knows global warming is bullsh**, Gore proves how little he truly cares about what he pretends to day in and day out. We all know about the private jets, going one block in an SUV at Sundance (or wherever that was), etc.

But here’s what I always like to point out. Not only would he have lead by example if, when doing the media circuit while promoting his movie, he’d been beamed in via satellite or internet. Not only would he have been leading by example, it would have been a huge publicity stunt, covered by all news outlets. Headlines would read “Is this the future of talk show interviews?”. It would be some sort of ground breaking new trend. They could even make it funny by placing a mannequin’s body with a small TV on top in which streaming video of the Gore’s head would be displayed.

The technology is cheap and easy to do, and you can’t tell me the man who invented the internet and his handlers couldn’t think of it. He didn’t do it, because he doesn’t truly believe in what he’s saying. He just knows a generation of kids have been brainwashed in to thinking global warming is a reality and they fear “The Day After Tomorrow” scenarios that they’ve been lead to believe are possible. It’s mainly a desperate attempt to make another shot at the presidency, but at worst he gets money and attention. Win/win for him.

RightWinged on December 1, 2006 at 3:58 AM

A special message for our friend gmcjetpilot:

Science magazine (Dec. 10, 1976) warned of “extensive Northern Hemisphere glaciation.”

Science Digest (February 1973) reported that “the world’s climatologists are agreed” that we must “prepare for the next ice age.”

The Christian Science Monitor (“Warning: Earth’s Climate is Changing Faster Than Even Experts Expect,” Aug. 27, 1974) reported that glaciers “have begun to advance,” “growing seasons in England and Scandinavia are getting shorter” and “the North Atlantic is cooling down about as fast as an ocean can cool.”

Newsweek agreed (“The Cooling World,” April 28, 1975) that meteorologists “are almost unanimous” that catastrophic famines might result from the global cooling that the New York Times (Sept. 14, 1975) said “may mark the return to another ice age.”

The Times (May 21, 1975) also said “a major cooling of the climate is widely considered inevitable” now that it is “well established” that the Northern Hemisphere’s climate “has been getting cooler since about 1950.”

RightWinged on December 1, 2006 at 4:01 AM

Thank God for algore’s global warming, or we in Tejas woulda frozen our a$$es off last night….

thebookkeeper on December 1, 2006 at 10:14 AM

Not the trim look of a man “reinventing” himself to run in 2008. He’s turning into the South Park stereotype, you can imagine him in front of his laptop extending his long arms and leaning back, his eyes widening as his fingers manipulate the very fabric of space and time.

Anil Petra on December 1, 2006 at 10:45 AM

I liked the licked finger after the crowd cheered. Burn sizzle fry on Scalia there fat boy. Very edgy, I think that was hip for 5th graders in 1977.

doginblack on December 1, 2006 at 12:12 PM