Video: National Lampoon’s lost “Seinfeld” episode; Update: Mel Gibson defends Richards

posted at 5:34 pm on November 29, 2006 by Allahpundit

Because if you can’t laugh at the misfortune of vicious racists, whose misfortune can you laugh at?

What I said the other day about him maybe having a screw loose might be closer to the mark than I thought. The aftershock about him claiming to be Jewish when he really isn’t is odd, too. Maybe he’s just lying to get cover for the anti-semitic things he said to hecklers earlier this year, but I wouldn’t put this sort of kookiness past him:

“Technically, not having been born by blood as Jewish and not formally going into a conversion, it was purely his interpretation of having adopted Judaism as his religion,” Rubenstein told The Associated Press on Tuesday. “He told me, ‘I’m Jewish,’ when I asked him.

“He said there were two mentors who raised him and who had a big influence on his life, and they were Jewish. He said, ‘I agree with the concepts and the religious beliefs of Judaism and I’ve adopted Judaism as my religion,”’ Rubenstein said. “He really thinks of himself as Jewish.”

The new Season 7 DVD is selling like hotcakes, by the way — up 75% over Season 6. Short of child abuse, there’s no such thing as bad publicity in America.

Update: We have ourselves a moronic convergence.

Comments

He said, ‘I agree with the concepts and the religious beliefs of Judaism …

And screeching the “N” word is discussed in what part of the Tora?

fogw on November 29, 2006 at 5:44 PM

We couldn’t see the forest through the trees.

Hoodlumman on November 29, 2006 at 5:44 PM

That was brilliant!!

Agrippa2k on November 29, 2006 at 5:45 PM

It’s Gold, Jerry! GOLD!

journeyscarab on November 29, 2006 at 5:49 PM

If Richards can be Jewish by just saying it, then I’m full Chippewa. Please send the casino checks asap.

mesablue on November 29, 2006 at 5:49 PM

Very clever. Someone had way too much time on their hands to go through every single episode to look for the right clips, though. :)

ScoopPC11 on November 29, 2006 at 5:51 PM

That’s pure genius.

harrison on November 29, 2006 at 5:58 PM

They did a nice job with that.

The clip with the marathon runner was choice.

Readymade on November 29, 2006 at 6:00 PM

Short of child abuse, there’s no such thing as bad publicity in America.

…give it time…the Dems have the keys to the Capitol for the next two years….

“Congressman Pedo,” intones the judge, “why were you on the schoolyard, naked under a raincoat, standing by that water fountain, exposing yourself to those fourth graders?”

“Well, Your Honor, everybody does it…and lies to their wife about it…and lies to grand juries about it…and uses their party connections and media-induced overexposed voter apathy to beat impeachment about it…besides…I was just expressing myself. Don’t hate th’ playa….”

Puritan1648 on November 29, 2006 at 6:05 PM

That “lost episode” was done by a brilliant person with waaaaaay too much time on his hands…

pullingmyhairout on November 29, 2006 at 6:05 PM

oops. scoopPC, i didn’t see you comment!!

pullingmyhairout on November 29, 2006 at 6:06 PM

It’s Gold, Allah! Gold, I tell ya!

Kid from Brooklyn on November 29, 2006 at 6:38 PM

I don’t think AP had anything to do with it… :-)

Hack Ptui on November 29, 2006 at 6:45 PM

Holy crap! My Seinfeld knowledge faaaaaaaaar excedes that of anyone I know, but this guy is a genius. How did he find all the clips of Kramer interacting with black people? I mean, I can see just randomly remembering him saying other things and being able to dig them up and fit them in this video.. but finding all those rare clips of black people on Seinfeld… the mind that created this is terrifying, yet hilarious. This is an instant classic.

RightWinged on November 29, 2006 at 6:51 PM

Well, looks like the Lampoon is making a return to funny.

In this case, Way Funny IMO. About as funny as the Son-O-God comic book way back when.

Mission accomplished, my pants are effectively pissed.

TheSev on November 29, 2006 at 6:57 PM

Linky Dinky: http://www.howardstern.com/rundown.hs?d=1164758400#8339

From the Stern Show, Sam Simon, the director, says…
A one time, Kramer said he would kill him… “I’d do the time, I won a gun…”

DEALING WITH KRAMER FIRSTHAND
Sam Simon called in to tell some his stories about working with Michael Richards. For starters, Sam said he directed an episode of “The Michael Richards Show” in 2000, and it was at this time that he found out Michael was “the most difficult celebrity” he’d ever worked with in his life. Sam next claimed Michael threatened someone else on the show, and threw a script at his head at one point as well. Sam went on to report Michael even quit the show one day as it was taping, and wouldn’t come back to the set until the president of the network begged him to reconsider his decision. Based on all this, Sam felt people finally got to see the “real Michael” in the comedy club clip that came out last week. Sam also added that Michael was the only major “Seinfeld” cast member who wasn’t included in the show’s creative process.

Mazztek on November 29, 2006 at 7:00 PM

Remember the episode where Kramer has temporary Tourette Syndrome, and while staring at a black judge in a courtroom, shouts, “Yo-Yo Ma!”

laelaps on November 29, 2006 at 7:21 PM

I read that Richards is now undergoing psychiatric treatment for his “condition.”

If this was happening in Red China 30 years ago, we’d say he’d been sent to a re-education camp.

Labamigo on November 29, 2006 at 11:10 PM

That’s so damned funny I was drooling…
hahahahha
hehehehehhe

retired on November 30, 2006 at 12:26 AM

That was the funniest thing I have seen in a long time. Thanks for posting!

Catie96706 on November 30, 2006 at 2:23 AM

It’s Gold, Allah! Gold, I tell ya!

Brilliant!

Wade on November 30, 2006 at 10:45 AM

Allah lets get real. Richards lost it after racist blacks went off on him. Since when is it a problem to throw mud back in the face of racists?

The only thing truly wrong here is the political correctness.

Timber Wolf on November 30, 2006 at 1:19 PM