Video: Iran’s answer to “D.C. Follies”

posted at 8:37 am on November 29, 2006 by Allahpundit

Why is Schwarzenegger here? Does he figure somehow in Iran’s understanding of the neocon cosmology? Or is it a simple matter of name recognition?

Don’t miss his song at the end; it’s a showstopper. Even here, in the course of mild satire, they manage to work in a death-to-the-Jews angle.

In fairness, “humor” never translates well. Click the image to watch.

puppets.jpg

Comments

There’s humor in the Middle East?

Who knew?

Mibrilane on November 29, 2006 at 8:48 AM

Speaking of humor in the ME has anyone seen the movie ‘Looking for humor in the Muslim World’? It is a pretty funny movie and I recommend it.

JasonG on November 29, 2006 at 8:53 AM

Islam: It’s a blast.

Black Adam on November 29, 2006 at 9:00 AM

In a similar vein, I just finished watching Glenn Beck’s CNN Special “Exposed: The Extremist Agenda,” which many people have been trying to find on the Web. Absolutely chilling, this is a must-see:

David on November 29, 2006 at 9:06 AM

Sorry, after Blair called Bush “your excellency” I lost it. Is that their understanding of us?

amerpundit on November 29, 2006 at 9:08 AM

The last time I saw a play of that caliber was at my son’s pre-school, except the room full of four year olds had a better grasp on reality.

I’m guessing this is a training film for suicide bombers. After five minutes of watching, who wouldn’t want to blow themselves up?

fogw on November 29, 2006 at 9:26 AM

I think that was an attempt at the Blair is just a puppet for Bush joke. Maybe not, I don’t know what Iranians are thinking but that’s how I took it.

JaHerer22 on November 29, 2006 at 9:54 AM

Wow… just… huh. There are no words to describe this. Although it’s remarkably similar to what I see on liberal sits.

Though, about after the third “Georgie” or other “-ie” name, I almost went insane. Why do Iranians talk like babies?

Enoxo on November 29, 2006 at 10:31 AM

Just like Michael Richards, the main problem, the unforgiveable sin, is not being funny–though the lefties probably disagree with me and are currently wetting themselves laughing.

urbancenturion on November 29, 2006 at 10:31 AM

“I hope that a tarantula bites you on the neck!”

“May they put you on a board and wash your corpse. May you get tetanus, measles, throat cancer, and polio. May your heart valve expand. May you get anthrax.”

“The words on Israel’s forehead say it was born illegitimately, so it does not respect any rules or laws.”

“Even though we defend Israel like steel, my heart tells me they are doomed, whether we like it or not.”

Who said that humor doesn’t translate well?

Can somebody tell me, though, why they all look Iranian? Even Sec. Rice ends up looking sort of Mexican-Italian. Why was the Schwarzenegger puppet wearing earphones most of the time (until, of course, that stunning musical number)?

Actually, it was about as funny as that old British “Spitting Image” show, which, when I saw it, was insult piled on leftist drivel backed by more insult.

…that, and it was more entertaining that about 99% of what’s on cable today…even without the subtitles….

Everybody now, with feeling: “The words on Israel’s forehead say it was born illegitimately…”

…what a toe-tapper….

Puritan1648 on November 29, 2006 at 10:40 AM

Sheesh! Kiss your camel with that mouth.

Kini on November 29, 2006 at 1:24 PM

I immediately thought of the “Spitting Image” puppets when I saw the image, though I couildn’t place their name. Thanks, Puritan. (For those unfamiliar with them, see the Genesis video for “Land of Confusion” where they are featured. Caution: Has very disturbing images of Ronald Reagan.)

In fact I’d like to see how their shop would do these caricatures. I’m sure they’d be far more recognizable.

Back to the skit, they don’t tell the joke well. It’s, “May you get tetanus, measles, throat cancer, polio, and a runny nose!”

DuffBeer on November 29, 2006 at 1:35 PM

Nobody hits those falsetto notes like IslamoArnold.

PaisleyCow on November 29, 2006 at 1:37 PM

amerpundit, JaHerer22

Persian doesn’t translate well, its an old language. The “Your Excellency” thing wasn’t a joke.

aengus on November 29, 2006 at 1:56 PM

what the hell is jerusalem day?

jummy on November 29, 2006 at 6:24 PM

Duff, I was in high school when Genesis did that anti-Reagan video. I remember thinking “If it wasn’t for Ronald Reagan, Britian would be a Soviet state and Genesis would not be ALLOWED to make music videos.

Just like today’s lefties who defend islamic terrorism. If the terrorists win, libs lose their freedom to complain.

Tony737 on November 29, 2006 at 8:21 PM