London stock trader says plans afoot to replace dollar with “amero”

posted at 10:17 am on November 29, 2006 by Allahpundit

It’s the latest moronic twist in the moronic North American Union conspiracy theory. And yes, I’m sad to say, we’ve already gotten credulous e-mails about it.

In an interview with CNBC, a vice president for a prominent London investment firm yesterday urged a move away from the dollar to the “amero,” a coming North American currency, he said, that “will have a big impact on everybody’s life, in Canada, the U.S. and Mexico.”

Steve Previs, a vice president at Jefferies International Ltd., explained the Amero “is the proposed new currency for the North American Community which is being developed right now between Canada, the U.S. and Mexico.”

The aim, he said, according to a transcript provided by CNBC to WND, is to make a “borderless community, much like the European Union, with the U.S. dollar, the Canadian dollar and the Mexican peso being replaced by the amero.”

Previs told the television audience many Canadians are “upset” about the amero. Most Americans outside of Texas largely are unaware of the amero or the plans to integrate North America, Previs observed, claiming many are just “putting their head in the sand” over the plans.

We wouldn’t want anyone to have their heads in the sand about the imminent collapse of American sovereignty. Go forth, then, and behold the amero conspiracy in its full, sinister flower!

And even if it’s true, look on the bright side — it’s got to be an improvement over the dollar, right?

Meanwhile, Jeb Bush is calling Tom “North American Union” Tancredo’s comments comparing Miami to a Third World country “disappointing” and “naive.”

Exit question: is the Trilateral Commission directly overseeing the development of the amero? Or is that a task they’ve farmed out to the Illuminati?

Comments

This is just silly. The dollar is already an international currency with the majority of dollars in circulation outside of the US (I believe). A number of countries have “dollarized” their own currencies.

David on November 29, 2006 at 10:23 AM

They say (emphasis mine)

It is critical to note, the information presented on this site is not conspiracy theory, shock journalism or
speculation
. The SPP is an international work-in-progress that the U.S. State Department and
Department of Commerce have embarked on without the consent or oversight of the U.S. Senate or
Congress.

See? It is NOT conspiracy theory!
So there.

The Monster on November 29, 2006 at 10:24 AM

The Amero? To be honest, this is the first I’ve seen of this.

Sounds more like a new line of Oldsmobiles.

JammieWearingFool on November 29, 2006 at 10:25 AM

When the North American Treasury Dept. starts printing ameros we can’t forget to make the bills different sizes. Let’s look at this like it really is, a great opportunity to kill two birds with one stone.

JaHerer22 on November 29, 2006 at 10:26 AM

Here’s the source:

“It is estimated by the Federal Reserve System that in fact the majority of US dollar banknotes – between 55 and 70 percent of the US dollar currency stock – circulates outside the United States.”

David on November 29, 2006 at 10:26 AM

And here’s the source on dollarization:

“Dollarization means adopting the US dollar as the currency of choice in a foreign country. Many countries today are already dollarized unofficially.”

David on November 29, 2006 at 10:29 AM

Will the Amero read In the 12th Imam We Trust?

Getting my conspiracy juices flowing…

JammieWearingFool on November 29, 2006 at 10:29 AM

Don’t laugh, guys. The North American Union will make us easy prey for bears.

The English-speaking natives living in the primitive areas of British Columbia, replete with brown bears–the western hemisphere’s most vicious and deadly wild animal–are prohibited from carrying a pistol on their hip while working in the bush.

That’s serious stuff, there. Fight the brown bear menace!

Slublog on November 29, 2006 at 10:32 AM

The Amero…it is as NAU as Maple Syrup Taco Apple pie

liberrocky on November 29, 2006 at 10:36 AM

Sounds kind of like the EU……I mean, its not like they have the same currency, right?

amerpundit on November 29, 2006 at 10:36 AM

Look on the bright side. We can get the illegals from Mexico to skip us and go straight to Canada.

Labamigo on November 29, 2006 at 10:39 AM

“Just go to Miami … and close your eyes and listen. You could just as easily be in Santo Domingo or Santiago, or San Miguel de Allende.”

George W. Bush -2000

“You just pick it ( miami ) up and take it and move it someplace. You would never know you’re in the United States of America. You would certainly say you’re in a Third World country.”

Tom Tancredo -2006

These seem like concurring statements to me, except one opposes the Tijuanification of America and one wants as much of it as possible.

Perchant on November 29, 2006 at 10:40 AM

Where do the RAND corporation and the Carlsyle group factor into this?

Number 2 on November 29, 2006 at 10:40 AM

Labamigo, why would they leave Mexico? Our currency would all be worth the same, and we would be one solid union. Problem solved. Now, what to do about that Constitution of ours…..

amerpundit on November 29, 2006 at 10:41 AM

Europe is a “borderless community” just because he says so, eh?

Anwyn on November 29, 2006 at 10:42 AM

unlike most other mad soverinists, I’m not opposed to having canada use the US$ as it’s currency, it would make my life alot easier and reduce my costs since I wouldn’t get dinged by my banks every time I have to do a transaction in one country or the other… although Amero is a stupid name.

Canadian Imperialist Running Dog on November 29, 2006 at 10:43 AM

If you open a cereal box, divide the ceral into different areas on the table, and put pencils in between them, do you have different cereal?

amerpundit on November 29, 2006 at 10:45 AM

Tancredo made these comments about Miami, where many of those who speak spanish are those who risked their lives to flee a communist hellhole. He picked the wrong city to use as an example, and his attempts to justify his statements are weak and increasingly petty.

Slublog on November 29, 2006 at 10:46 AM

Bush also used Miami as such.

amerpundit on November 29, 2006 at 10:48 AM

The difference is that Bush didn’t call the city a “third world country,” a term Tancredo clearly meant as pejorative.

Slublog on November 29, 2006 at 10:49 AM

…no…Masons…definitely the Masons….

Puritan1648 on November 29, 2006 at 10:51 AM

Here’s the Wikipedia entry on the Amero.

amerpundit on November 29, 2006 at 10:54 AM

Apparently the Amero concept isn’t new. It was floating around before Bush was even elected.

amerpundit on November 29, 2006 at 10:56 AM

…”Amero” just doesn’t work, does it. It does indeed sound like a Japanese update of the K-car concept.

I suggest that we find a different name for this fictiously menacing new currency….

I suggest “Halliburtons”.

(happy industrial instructional video music)
“How much for that fine North American product, Ms. Sales Assistant?” *SMILE* *TWINKLE*

“That’ll be two Halliburtons and fitty-five cents, senor.”

“Can you make change for ten ‘burts’?”

Puritan1648 on November 29, 2006 at 10:58 AM

How can you not take this as serious?!? My employer is already forcing us to take an afternoon siesta and has mandated the use of “eh?” at the end of least 20 sentences per 8 hour shift.

We’re doomed, I tell you. Doomed.

GPE on November 29, 2006 at 10:59 AM

”All we need is the right major crisis and the nations will accept the new world order.“ Bilderberger David Rockefeller to 23.09.1994 before the US Business Council

there it is on November 29, 2006 at 11:00 AM

Sure, when in Miami, you may hear some different tongues, but just go into Mango’s and none of that will matter.

JammieWearingFool on November 29, 2006 at 11:02 AM

So let me see…

I’ve never been to Miami, but have been to Chicago, which I know for a fact IS a third world country. And considering that you’ve got a lot of the same types of people in both cities, I wouldn’t be surprised.

As for the North American Union and the Amero, it sounds far fetched but I don’t put anything past Bush anymore. I honestly don’t think he cares about national security or sovereignty half as much as he says he does. And what kind of name is that? “Amero”? That doesn’t even sound American.

And besides. We all know how we feel about our country as Americans. Canadians are much the same way. I used to work for Canadians, and I can tell you they value their sovereignty every bit as much as we value ours. And besides, most of them are pretty skilled and literate and lead relatively comfortable lives. The only ones who would stand to benefit from something like this are the Mexicans. Which is why I find this particularly concerning with Bush in the White House. I think he thinks he’s the president of Mexico. Either that or he says Mexico as his spoiled brat little girl who can do wrong in daddy’s eyes. …Oh, wait.

John on November 29, 2006 at 11:04 AM

Breaking at MSNBC – Frist won’t run for president. Big surprise there.

Slublog on November 29, 2006 at 11:04 AM

I’ve been to Miami. I only saw persons other than Hispanic, in any number at South Beach and that was only a handful. In the city I saw Hispanics only. I went to a gas station and asked for directions and the only person that spoke english, and not very well, was the clerk. i went to a bank and the conversations were in spanish, although my teller spoke english quite well and was very American when she realized I was not Hispanic. At the mall I saw less than 5 people that were not Hispanic. I have asked many people about it since then and I always get the same answer. Hispanics own the incorporated city limits of Miami. Almost all public officials of any note are Hispanic. You can read about it in Who Are We? by Samuel P. Huntington. Is Miami a third world country. Certainly not. It is home to the headquarters of many multinational corporations, Latin American companies, but multinational corporations none the less.

Theworldisnotenough on November 29, 2006 at 11:10 AM

Miami is a tough subject for right wing conservatives: on one hand it’s full anti-Castro, anti-Communist Cuban refugees who should be regarded as heroes for their committment to freedom and willingness to stand up to the evils of Castro’s communist playground. On the other hand these heroes are rather poor and they speak Spanish so they are clearly attempting to invade our country and replace our language and culture with their own. Hmmm…the nuance.

This could be a new tourism campaign for Miami:

JaHerer22 on November 29, 2006 at 11:10 AM

Miami is a tough subject for right wing conservatives

Did anybody hear something? I could have sworn I heard a noise. Ah well. Never mind.

Hack Ptui on November 29, 2006 at 11:18 AM

OMG. Go ahead and laugh, but I’m investing in the Yes Men; they’ve got their work cut out for them, and I want to get in on the ground floor.

Jaibones on November 29, 2006 at 11:32 AM

They should move to California. I hear Nancy Pelosi’s vineyards are looking for low-wage Spanish speaking heroes grape pickers.

fogw on November 29, 2006 at 11:32 AM

Miami–the only third world country with 4 star hotels, $50 million beachfront property, Paris Hilton worthy nightclubs, an NBA franchise, and a rental market ranked in the top ten most expensive in the country. — JaHerer22

For a while, the most expensive city in the world in which to do business was…*DRUMROLL*…Lagos, Nigeria.

Right now, according to CNN Money, July 2005, a listing of “most expensive cities”:

Ranking City
22 Douala, Cameroon
22 Istanbul, Turkey (tied)

26 Abidjan, Côte d’Ivoire

31 Bratislava, Slovak Republic

36 Dakar, Senegal

48 Zagreb, Croatia

50 Hanoi, Vietnam (!!)

56 Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam

58 Algiers, Algeria

59 Casablanca, Morocco

60 Tallin, Estonia

75 Almaty, Kazakhstan

99 Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic

108 Guatemala City, Guatemala

114 Panama City, Panama

115 Monterrey, Mexico

…and I could go on. Lagos has fallen to #96, but Zagreb is still up there, ahead of Hamburg, Germany…and when *I* think of clubbing, nightlife, and fun-in-the-sun, I think of Zagreb.

So, you’re point’s most definitely not made. There are oligarchs in Mexico City living better than you could live on the Riviera, but that doesn’t make Mexico a First World breadbasket, by any means.

Third World means that the birthrate’s soaring, services are stretched, cultures are clashing, ignorance is booming, and that the folks who *BUILT* the city are moving out…those who can afford it, to the gated communities in the plush neighborhoods you seem to mention.

…now, I’m off to Ho Chi Minh City. Anybody up for skiing?

Puritan1648 on November 29, 2006 at 11:33 AM

Why would Texans be aware of the amero?

riggermarander on November 29, 2006 at 11:41 AM

How do you say In God We Trust in Esperanto?

Bill C on November 29, 2006 at 11:53 AM

What a disingenuous little son of a gun. Tell me Allah how do you faciltate monetary transfers that would involve pesos, dollar, and canadian dollars? A common currency maybe? The Amero to replace US currency? No. The creation of an “Amero” very likely given the current efforts of the SPP. But you’d never admit that…

Theworldisnotenough on November 29, 2006 at 11:53 AM

…no…Masons…definitely the Masons….

You forgot Opus Dei and the Priory of Scion…heh.

CP on November 29, 2006 at 11:56 AM

I don’t know. Currency exchange, maybe?

Slublog on November 29, 2006 at 11:57 AM

I admit, I don’t know that much about Miami, but why don’t we let a real expert enlighten us, Mr. Smith…

Here I am in the place where I come let go
Miami the base and the sunset glow
Everyday like a mardi gras everybody party all day
No work all play okay
So we sip a little something lay to rest the spill
Me an charlie at the bar runnin up a high bill
Nothin less than ill when we dress to kill
Everytime the ladies pass they be like hi will
Can yall feel me all ages and races
Real sweet faces
Every different nation spanish hatian indian jamaican
Black white cuban and asian
I only came for two days of playing
But everytime I come I always wind up stayin
This the type of town I could spend a few days in
Miami the city that keeps the roof blazin

Chorus

Party in the city where the heat is on
All night on the beach till the break of dawn
Welcome to miami
Buenvenidos a miami
Bouncin in the club where the heat is on
All night on the beach till the break of dawn
Im goin to miami
Welcome to miami

Yo I heard the rainstorms aint nothin to mess with
But I cant feel a drip on the strip its a trip
Ladies half dressed fully equipped
And they be screamin out will we loved your last hit
So Im thinkin ima scoot me somethin hot
In this south sea merengue melting pot
Hottest club in the city and its right on the beach
Temperature get to ya its about to reach
Five hundred degrees
In the carribean seas with the hot mommies
Screamin aii poppy
Everytime I come to town they be spottin me
In the drop bentley aint no stoppin me
So cash in your door
We flow to this fashion show
Pound for pound anywhere you go
Yo aint no city in the world like this
An if you ask how I know I gots ta feed the film

Chorus

Dont get me wrong shytown got it goin on
An new york is the city that we know dont sleep
An we all know that l a and philly stay jiggy
But on the sneak miami bringin heat for real
Yall dont understand
I never seen so many dominican women with cinnimon tans
Mierda this is the plan
Take a walk on the beach draw a heart in the sand
Gimmie your hand
Damn you look sexy
Lets go to my yacht in the west keys
Ride my jetskis loungin in the palm trees
Cause you gotta have cheese for the summerhouse piece on southbeach
Water so clear you can see to the bottom
Hundred thousand dollar cars eybody got em
Aint no surprise in the club to see sly stallone
Miami my second home

JaHerer22 on November 29, 2006 at 12:04 PM

Puritan, where are 1-21 on your list and why are half of the numbers in between missing? — JaHerer22

…the first two I believe were in Japan (Tokyo and Osaka) and most of the rest were in Europe. Mind you, Europe is *BECOMING* the Third World, but it’s not there yet.

I didn’t count China, either. Or Korea. I cherrypicked the ones which were indisputably Third World…except for Bratislava. I picked it just because I like to say “Bratislava”…”Cucomunga”, “Azuza”, “Abu Dhabi”, “Bratislava”….

Point? 48th “most expensive” city is still pretty expensive.

Puritan1648 on November 29, 2006 at 12:14 PM

I find it interesting that no one has mentioned the best quote of all when it comes to any discussion of conspiracy theories. It hails from the movie “So I Married an Axe Murderer” and it goes like this:

“Stuart Mackenzie: Well, it’s a well known fact, Sonny Jim, that there’s a secret society of the five wealthiest people in the world, known as The Pentavirate, who run everything in the world, including the newspapers, and meet tri-annually at a secret country mansion in Colorado, known as The Meadows.
Tony Giardino: So who’s in this Pentavirate?
Stuart Mackenzie: The Queen, The Vatican, The Gettys, The Rothschilds, *and* Colonel Sanders before he went tits up. Oh, I hated the Colonel with is wee *beady* eyes, and that smug look on his face. “Oh, you’re gonna buy my chicken! Ohhhhh!”

armyvet on November 29, 2006 at 12:56 PM

Jerome Corsi has a nice series of articles at Human Events on this. He has been attacked as a nut and responds with facts to every charge leveled by country club Republicans. The facts are out there. You have to decide if you are a nut or not.

Will somebody please explain to me why Bush is stomping on his base on immigration? He knew it would be a major factor in losing GOP control of the Congress. It is either the NAU, corporate pressure, or Bush really is an idiot.

Valiant on November 29, 2006 at 1:08 PM

JammieWearingFool on November 29, 2006 at 11:02 AM

Mango’s, you say? Thanks, but no thanks.

That’s why Miami attracts so many foreign visitors. Because of its close proximity to the USA.

Seriously, though, when I visit the Third World, I make it a point to stop at “La Carreta” on SW 40th St. for a sandwich, a “cortadito”, and some pastries for the drive north.

Kid from Brooklyn on November 29, 2006 at 1:26 PM

Why make up a new currency when we’re sinking the dollar on the open market just fine without it?

Why construct a conspiracy when a human flood of Latinos will force the merger anyway?

why do something when doing nothing achieves the same result?

Speakup on November 29, 2006 at 1:30 PM

Here’s an upadate. Tancredo’s response to Jeb Bush:

Dear Governor Bush,

I certainly understand and appreciate your need and desire to try and create the illusion of Miami as a multiethnic “All American” city. Indeed sir, one of us is naïve.

The tolerance of diversity in a city or a country is an admirable characteristic until it becomes the primary characteristic of either.

Then it becomes a serious and dangerous problem for any society – especially for ours. America, because of the many places, cultures, races, and religious origins of our citizenry, depends on a few things to hold us together. One is the English language. That is something that fewer and fewer Miamians share.

Unfortunately fewer and fewer Miamians think of themselves as Americans. A fact that was hailed by Lisandro Perez who was identified in a Time magazine article several years ago as ” a Cuban-born immigrant and head of the Cuban Research Institute at Florida International University.” He was quoted as extolling the virtue of Miami as a city where “there is no pressure to be an American.”

By the way, you should also pick up a copy of this week’s Time in which Miami is described as a “corrupt, exorbitant mess” where locals are fleeing in droves. Certainly the editor of Time will be on the receiving end of a defensive missive from you in the near future.

Governor with all due respect, I have simply said something most people (even in Florida if our calls and emails are a measurement of sentiment) believe is true. We, as elected officials, should encourage the discussion of this issue rather than castigate those who attempt to bring it to light.

Perchant on November 29, 2006 at 2:41 PM

I’m tired of hearing about the Cuban refugee “heroes”. Tell me, in the md-18th century, what small set of colonies hugging the coast of the Atlantic overthrew the most powerful empire on the planet? Oh yeah.. that was us. So if these Cuban, anti-commie refugees are such heroes… STAY HOME AND FIGHT CASTRO.

This is like calling the wetbacks who come flooding up here “heroes”.

And the only difference between what ex-President Bush said and President Tancredo said (wishful thinking, I know) was that Bush praised latinos and insulted Americans, and Tancredo insulted latinos and praised Americans. I’ll take the latter, thanks.

Hiraghm on November 29, 2006 at 2:55 PM

How, exactly, did President Bush insult Americans?

And what if those latinos happen to actually be American? Why shouldn’t they be praised?

I’m about half a step from saying screw these comment threads.

Slublog on November 29, 2006 at 2:58 PM

And could you please refrain from using the word ‘wetbacks’ to describe Hispanics? It’s offensive and unnecessary, as I happen to be one.

Slublog on November 29, 2006 at 3:11 PM

Tell me, Allah, what documents and articles, which were linked to by posters to the previous article about the SPP, have you troubled to read?

The snarky tone is tiresome when I think we should have concerns about any group whose meetings are secret and whose suggestions will be adopted by executive commissions over which Congress has no say.

Why is Bush more worried about the border security of a common border with Mexico and Canada than he demonstrates about our own soverign borders?

Seems suspicious to me and to plenty of other people as they learn of this pact.

Calling people names is a tool of those who can’t discuss the specifics of an issue — I thought conservatives were better than that. Guess I was wrong.

For a site that was founded by Michelle who is leading the fight for secure borders, the details of SSP should be upfront and personal.

Margaret McC on November 29, 2006 at 3:26 PM

Hiraghm, babe…..

You almost had a coherent take before going Kramer on me.

Your use of the word “wetback” is patently offensive to those of “their” children that are actually on your side of the border (debate). Moreover, since many Hispanics in the U.S. didn’t actually cross the Rio Grande on foot (or the Atlantic by raft), your choice of epithet is not only exclusionary, but hopelessly outdated. This is Hot Air, son, and you’re going to have to do better than reminisce on the 1700′s and fling race bombs like your name is Molotov. Tighten up, now.

P.S.: Is that a silent g in Hiraghm….like “phlegm”?

Kid from Brooklyn on November 29, 2006 at 3:58 PM

This is like calling the wetbacks who come flooding up here “heroes”.

If I hear anyone use this again, he/she is gone. I don’t want any slurs here under any circumstances. Okay?

Allahpundit on November 29, 2006 at 4:08 PM

Tancredo needs to up his meds; we have enough to do regarding immigration without Tancredo borrowing trouble.
I’ve been to Miami to get on a cruise ship and the city looked fine and absolutely American to me…
I don’t regard the Hispanic population of Miami to really be a part of our problem with illegal (largely Mexican) immigrants. Miami’s Hispanics are largely Cubano and have left Cuba for different reasons and with far fewer choices than those leaving Mexico and Central America.
Tancredo should worry more about his corner of Colorado and stay out of Miami’s business (unless he’s really running for President…Good luck with that, Tom).
Tancredo and Jerome Corsi have really gone over the deep end about this North American Union/Amero tin-foil hat stuff.
Ask Mark Steyn. He knows it, too.

Jen the Neocon on November 29, 2006 at 5:28 PM

Oh great… all of us that find the SPP troubling have been upgraded from “moonbats” to “morons” ….. according to the all knowing Allahpundit. His “logic” goes like this…. the more evidence there is for a thing… is just that much more proof its not happening. And you call us morons ?

Maxx on November 29, 2006 at 6:14 PM

Again, November is the month of “WTF??!!??

Mazztek on November 29, 2006 at 6:24 PM

If he thinks I was right about John Kerry and about Harriet Miers and that GWB’s border policy is a complete failure, why does he think I am so wrong about GWB and the NAU? Go ahead and post that and let’s hear his explanation of why he suddenly thinks I have become delusional.

Jerome Corsi to debate moderator, addressing John Hawkins

The above quote is from the debate on SPP between John Hawkins and Dr. Jerome Corsi at Human Events. If you have not read this debate yet, I highly encourage you to do so.

Being that Dr. Corsi had thoroughly rubbed Mr. Hawkins nose in, shall we say, “do-do” by round three, and that Mr. Hawkins was reduced to little more than sputtering ad hominem attacks by round four, his choice not to proceed to round five was probably a good idea. But it may have been an even better idea for the “SPP – nothing to see here Crowd” to have send someone to the debate with a little more intellectual firepower. Like they say, don’t send a boy to do a man’s job.

The debate timeline is very telling in regard to this point, if you look at it, you will see that Mr. Hawkins often needed days to formulate his reply, but once sent, Corsi was back to him within hours. This is particularly amusing in light of Hawkins boast at the beginning of round three, where he says “someone needs to pound this ridiculous concept until it’s “stepped on dead” and I’m just the guy to do it.” Yeah Right John, but please don’t do that again, you made me blow coffee all over my screen.

Keep in mind, this is the John Hawkins who believes allowing the fox to guard the hen house is a splendid idea, as his “through investigation of SPP” by questioning the officials at SPP, about SPP, proves.

Throughout the debate Corsi remained calm, polite and collected as he lobbed volley after volley, utterly devastating Hawkins. And of course, Mr. Hawkins quickly ran out of ammunition so he resorted to usual underhanded debating tactics of a loosing debater, thus putting an even bigger spotlight on how superficial his argument actually was. For example, Hawkins misquotes Corsi time and again, then attempts to ridicule Corsi via ad hominem attacks. Each attack designed to inflame emotions and prejudices rather than to bring any new substantive information to the debate.

In spite of these disgraceful tactics by Hawkins, who claims to be a conservative, you will see that the good Dr. Corsi dispatch’s little Johnny homeward for more cookies and kool-aid with little effort.

Granted, no matter how intellectual “the pick” would have been for the “SPP Apologist” side, he was bound to loose, no reasonable person could expect the abundance and overwhelming nature of the facts against them to be overcome. But at least a smarter “SPP Apologist” may have had the good sense to bow out more gracefully and refrain from the ad hominem attacks. Coming off like a six-year-old having a temper tantrum is not helpful in advancing ones point of view.

Maxx on November 29, 2006 at 6:58 PM

Let’s see …a Euro style curency just around the time a judge rules we have to change our bills to benefit Blind People….the analogy is ironic and hysterically funny. One might think Bush is so smart everything is falling into place . He’s no dummy after all?????? Maybe we can use his own Bush mexiamerico money!! BUSH LEAGUE MONEY

Mellen on November 29, 2006 at 8:21 PM

Hello, can it be the judge ruling we need new currency is in on the North American Union plan or is it just a sticky coincidence?…….and the justice dept lawyers who prosecuted the two border patrol agents giving the drug runner immunity…are they following orders???? Ironic isn’t it???

Mellen on November 29, 2006 at 8:25 PM

Yeah, and who would ever think there was a possibility we would give away the Panama Canal. MMmmm- Who could come up with such and idea? Who could it be? Could it be…

Robert Pastor

Pastor is one of the main visionaries behind the North American Union. Of course, no one in the government would ever listen to him.

Valiant on November 29, 2006 at 8:29 PM

And now Lou Dobbs reports American airline carriers are up for sale…!!(Hey ,wait a minute…didn’t we pay for them after 911?????)The Golden Gate Bridge too, and leasing of major highways….Yes it is sounding like America is becoming more of an “idea”….and a bad idea at that

Mellen on November 29, 2006 at 8:38 PM

yes… Meet Robert Pastor

…As we are taught in grade school, George Washington is the Father of our nation. If the North American Union comes into existence as the Council on Foreign Relations (CFR) asserts, then we all better get prepared for a new hero. Robert Pastor is the person most likely to be proclaimed the father of the North American Union, a designation consistent with his decades-long history of viewing U.S. national interests through the lens of an extreme leftist almost anti-American political philosophy.

Dr. Pastor’s early professional career involved a working association with the Institute for Policy Studies (IPS)…

In December 1993, President Bill Clinton nominated Pastor to be U.S. ambassador to Panama. Pastor’s nomination was approved by a 16-3 vote in the Senate Foreign Relations Committee and his confirmation looked virtually certain. The nomination failed, however, and was withdrawn by the administration in February 1995, after then-Sen. Jesse Helms (R.-N.C.) swore to prevent a Senate vote on Pastor’s nomination. Helms, who had vehemently opposed the turn-over of the Panama Canal, placed much of the blame squarely on Pastor, declaring when he opposed Pastor’s nomination that Pastor “presided over one of the most disastrous and humiliating periods in the history of U.S. involvement in Latin America.” Helms also claimed that Pastor bore responsibility for what Helms saw as “a Carter administration cover-up of alleged involvement by Nicaragua’s Sandinista government in arms shipments to leftist rebels in El Salvador.”

Dr. Pastor has also co-authored a 1989 book with his long-time friend, Jorge G. Castaneda, who began his career as a member of the Mexican Communist Party…

…In his pressing enthusiasm for realizing the NAU, Robert Pastor argued in a 2004 article in CFR’s Foreign Affairs, entitled “North America’s Second Decade,” that the United States would benefit by giving up U.S. national Sovereignty. “Countries are benefited,” he wrote, “when they changed these [national sovereignty] policies, and evidence suggests that North Americans are ready for a new relationship that renders this old definition of sovereignty obsolete.”

…Dr. Pastor himself proclaims that the May 2005 CFR task force report on which he was vice chair and principal editor was a “blueprint” for the Security and Prosperity Partnership of North America (SPP)…

…Critics who argue that the NAU is a “conspiracy theory” are well advised to take a hard look at Robert Pastor. With U.S. policy toward Latin America, Dr. Pastor first approached the issue in writing (for the radical IPS, as we have noted), next as a university professor, and finally as a government official. Had John Kerry won the 2004 presidential election, Robert Pastor most likely would have emerged with a government position from which he could have pursued his NAU agenda. Given the re-election of George Bush, Dr. Pastor has surfaced within the CFR, an influential “think-tank” NGO whose history of impacting U.S. policy would suggest the CFR impact on SPP.gov could easily be more than academic.

Maxx on November 29, 2006 at 8:43 PM

Leaving the SSP, NAU, and even the NAFTA Superhighway alone, is there anyone who isn’t concerned that a new North American currency is openly being considered without so much as a single vote by our represenatives or any official PUBLIC discussion?

As a small government type conservative it does concern me that apparently some decisions are being made by unelected government types in association with international corporations. Does anyone even know exactly who is behind the move to introduce the “Amero” as a currency? I believe it should concern anyone who believes in transparent government.

It concerns me even more that anyone who might be concerned at these events would be labeled “moonbats” or “morons” and subjected to ridicule for their defense of our system of government.

Buzzy on November 29, 2006 at 8:44 PM

If the room stinks, the dog hudged in one of the corners. Will somebody please tell me where the steamy pile of doo is and I’ll back off the NAU stuff.

Are the NAFTA superhighways being built so China can get its goods to us via Mexico ports without involving high-priced American labor? NAFTA opened the door for Mexican trucks and drivers on our roads. NAU or not, don’t you think this may affect you personally at some point?

Valiant on November 29, 2006 at 8:45 PM

Mellen on November 29, 2006 at 8:38 PM

Well you know Mellen, here in America, if you don’t like it, you are free to leave it. But if the NAU becomes a reality, I wouldn’t even count on having that right.

Maxx on November 29, 2006 at 8:52 PM

Johnson sees U.S.-Mexico plot
By Howard Fischer, Capitol Media Services
November 29, 2006

A veteran Republican lawmaker is accusing President Bush of pushing a behind-the-scenes agenda that will result in the United States being merged with Mexico and Canada.

White House press aide Alex Conant said Johnson has no reason for concern.

“This cooperative effort aims to make the U.S., Canada and Mexico more open to fair trade and less open to terrorism and crime,” he said.

Speakup on November 29, 2006 at 10:33 PM

It is our duty still to endeavor to avoid war; but if it shall actually take place, no matter by whom brought on, we must defend ourselves. If our house be on fire, without inquiring whether it was fired from within or without, we must try to extinguish it.

- Thomas Jefferson

Any people anywhere, being inclined and having the power, have the right to rise up, and shake off the existing government, and form a new one that suits them better. This is a most valuable – a most sacred right – a right, which we hope and believe, is to liberate the world.

- Abraham Lincoln

We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.

- Abraham Lincoln

AZ_Redneck on November 30, 2006 at 1:02 AM

The one-worlders, any idea what that currency will be or s/b called?

Entelechy on November 30, 2006 at 2:12 AM

Here we go again, Allahpundit calling anything about the SPP or NAU morons.

Ridicule is the last resort of those who have lost the argument, as the skeptics clearly have like Allahpundit.

For, yes, there are thousands of pages of information in print documenting the growing assault on U.S. sovereignty, ranging from the review of U.S. court cases by NAFTA tribunals on down to this NAFTA-on-steroids proposed international super-corridor.

The fact that this is not reported openly by either the government or the media is what throws the naive, who think that if it’s real it’s on TV. Our national news media wouldn’t omit crucial information, now, would they?

And President Bush is a man of his word, right?

Maybe AllahPundit should read Michelle’s own Immigration Blog and learn about the NAU. There are several aticles posted on her site that talk about the NAU includng 5 years after 911.

ScottyDog on November 30, 2006 at 12:41 PM