Illegal aliens murder 12 Americans daily

posted at 10:10 pm on November 29, 2006 by Ian

Stunning:

While the military “quagmire” in Iraq was said to tip the scales of power in the U.S. midterm elections, most Americans have no idea more of their fellow citizens – men, women and children – were murdered this year by illegal aliens than the combined death toll of U.S. troops in Iraq and Afghanistan since those military campaigns began.

###

Twelve Americans are murdered every day by illegal aliens, according to statistics released by Rep. Steve King, R-Iowa. If those numbers are correct, it translates to 4,380 Americans murdered annually by illegal aliens. That’s 21,900 since Sept. 11, 2001.

Illegals are nearly as dangerous behind the wheel than drunk drivers:

A report by the AAA Foundation for Traffic Study found 20 percent of fatal accidents involve at least one driver who lacks a valid license. In California, another study showed that those who have never held a valid license are about five times more likely to be involved in a fatal road accident than licensed drivers.

Statistically, that makes them an even greater danger on the road than drivers whose licenses have been suspended or revoked – and nearly as dangerous as drunk drivers.

Update (Allahpundit): Captain Ed is … less than impressed with WND’s methodology.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

of course the open border groups will deny this as they ususally do.

Starblazer on November 29, 2006 at 10:16 PM

One illegal here beat a 14 year old girl almost to DEATH because when he catcalled to her and made obscene gestures, she had the gall to ignore him. That’ll teach her….

seejanemom on November 29, 2006 at 10:19 PM

A serial killer in South Texas a few years back was an illegal alien riding trains around and killing women who lived near the tracks. Resendez-Ramirez–remember him? Brutally raped and killed 15 people.

He had been picked up by Border Patrol at one point for illegal entry and let go. A few days later, he committed his first murder. Bashed her face in with a sledgehammer or something like that. Nice.

aero on November 29, 2006 at 10:27 PM

Carne rojo.

Slublog on November 29, 2006 at 10:28 PM

Wish I could find those kind of statistics. I can’t ever Google illegal alien stats. Never find anything. Bp seems to think those kind of stats are suppressed. Who is pulling the strings?

Drtuddle on November 29, 2006 at 10:29 PM

Carne rojo.

Heheh.

Allahpundit on November 29, 2006 at 10:30 PM

nearly as dangerous as drunk drivers.

If you’ve ever been in SoCal on payday, you get to add drunk to that.

Drunk, unlicensed illegals blasting through town — not fun.

When did we turn into the wimpiest place on the planet where we won’t actively try to keep at least the criminals out?

mesablue on November 29, 2006 at 10:31 PM

No to amnesty! Deport them and keep them out until they can come in legally.

infidel on November 29, 2006 at 10:31 PM

The serial killer I mentioned above WAS deported. He crossed the border again immediately and committed a murder in the U.S. just three days after his deportation. How can we keep them out?!

aero on November 29, 2006 at 10:33 PM

You can add the carne rojo if you want ;)

Ian on November 29, 2006 at 10:35 PM

I can’t beleive you guys have passed on this:

“U.S. Out of… oh, crap.

Bob Owens on November 29, 2006 at 10:40 PM

Suggested bumper sticker: RE-DEPLOY THE ILLEGALS.

Dr. Charles G. Waugh on November 29, 2006 at 10:40 PM

We don’t want to enforce laws, we don’t want to win wars, that’s a very disturbing pattern.

the lack of will, (along with lack of spine) among our political leaders is really pathetic.

You want to get rid of illegals:
1. build fence
2. enforce current law
3. allow consumers to be liable for damages injury etc. if contractors they hire use illegals
4. Give a citizen 1 year full refund on their federal taxes for every illegal they turn in. Can you imagine the spectacle of Hollyweirdos turning in their gardeners?
5. Restore the status that earning American citizenship should deserve.

I’d also love to see some sort of illegal debtor workgang prison for those illegals who come over the border for “free” health care. You don’t want to deny emergency medicine, but health care is a service, not a right.

Iblis on November 29, 2006 at 10:41 PM

Annually, that’s more than the Iraq death toll.

The only answer is to withdraw all of our citezens from places where the illegals congregate. ACLU & activist judges won’t let us do anything else.

jman on November 29, 2006 at 10:47 PM

I lost a very good friend who was a truly wonderful person 5 years ago in a car wreck on a freeway in Ft. Worth. It was a sunny, crystal clear afternoon, about 5 pm. The other driver lost control, due to speed, jumped a guardrail, went airborne, and slammed into the cab of my friend’s truck. Luckily, death was instantaneous.

The other driver? A female illegal alien. No driver’s license, and, of course, no insurance.

But hell, she might vote democrat . . . let’s give her amnesty and make her a citizen! Arriba!

And when she shows up to vote . . . dont make her show a photo ID . . . that would violate her constitutional rights.

Labamigo on November 29, 2006 at 10:54 PM

seejanemom on November 29, 2006 at 10:19 PM

(sarcasm)I for one am shocked that an illegal (Mexican I’m assuming.. Call me a racist please) catcalled at a girl, a 14 year old at that. I have NEVER heard of these guys whistling and hollaring at “pretty ladies” from the backs of beat-up pickups before(/sarcasm)

That’s one thing I can be thankful I’m back in Vermont for… they haven’t infiltrated up here yet, despite Burlington’s mayor’s (failed) attempt this summer to become a sanctuary city. While they haven’t “invaded” like they have all over the rest of the country, they are coming now slowly. I saw some with hard hats walking from the construction site of this big new condo building going up near the lake in downtown a month or so ago, and just this week I’m pretty sure I saw a couple using leaf blowers cleaning out bush’s at the mall.

Do I know they’re illegal? No. But I just came from Nashville where you would be lucky to find a non-Mexican or a Mexican that spoke english in any restaurant kitchen, construction site, or mowing a lawn in the whole city. It was never like that up here. We are one of the whitest, if not the whitest states in the country. I think I can spot someone who clearly isn’t a native Vermonter, and isn’t just some out of state guy who happened to apply for a job in Vermont and relocated. Like I said, they’re slowly coming here too… then on to New Hampshire and Maine and it’s all over.

RightWinged on November 29, 2006 at 10:56 PM

ILLEGAL HISPANIC DRIVERS: Jihodrodis.

Dr. Charles G. Waugh on November 29, 2006 at 11:01 PM

So why don’t we outlaw Illegal Aliens? Oh yeah, that’s right. They’re already illegal.

So why don’t we enforce our laws? Wish I had a cute, easy answer for that. If the laws already on the books were enforced, this wouldn’t even be an issue.

The fact that “W’ chose to ignore present law, and push his “Comprehensive Coddle-the-Crooks Reform” nonsense is my major complaint with his administration. Not the only complaint, but other than immigration, by and large, I have supported most of our President’s positions.

I wholly support his foreign policy, except for the fact that his stance on the border issue undermines his own efforts on the “Homeland Security” front of this undeclared (by Congress) Global War on Terror.

If our borders are meaningless, eventually all of our efforts will be in vain.

hillbillyjim on November 29, 2006 at 11:05 PM

Well they are just doing the car accidents and murders that Americans won’t do.

mrflashman on November 29, 2006 at 11:09 PM

This is what happens when a town dares to stand up to illegal immigtants by enforcing the law:

jman on November 29, 2006 at 11:23 PM

Whoops, the link did not work.

jman on November 29, 2006 at 11:25 PM

Iblis I like your plan except for point #4. There’s no reason the citzenry should engage in Communist-style betrayal and espionage of their neighbours. If the government can’t enforce immigration laws that’s their fault.

aengus on November 29, 2006 at 11:31 PM

What? No one has said it yet?

That’s raaaaaaacist!

Continue on.

Enoxo on November 29, 2006 at 11:32 PM

Well they are just doing the car accidents and murders that Americans won’t do.

mrflashman on November 29, 2006 at 11:09 PM

Well done. Killed two birds, er, made two great points with one sentence. Bravo.

hillbillyjim on November 29, 2006 at 11:33 PM

evidently, the murder/kidnapping mayhem has filtrated into the U.S. There was something today in my local newspaper about several Americans who were kidnapped on the Texas/Mexican border. I tried searching my paper online for the article, but couldn’t find it. I think it hit the local tv news as well. I’ll look for it tomorrow – i’m a bit tired after the Cheetah Girls concert.

pullingmyhairout on November 29, 2006 at 11:38 PM

– A federal judge today issued a temporary order blocking anti-immigrant ordinances from being enforced in Hazleton, Pennsylvania, noting that the laws could cause “irreparable harm” to the city’s residents

In issuing the order, Judge James M. Munley cited examples of citizens and non-citizens who stand to risk “housing, livelihood, and education” if the ordinances are enforced

Thanks for the link, jman. If this doesn’t shame all of the “let’s stay home and teach’em a lesson ‘pubs, I don’t know what will. As long as we have these liberal jackasses legislating from the bench, the whole structure and balance of our system is at risk. How many more judgeships can we cede before we’re sunk. Any hopes of our duly elected President getting his nominees confirmed for open federal court slots are now so much chaff in the breeze.

hillbillyjim on November 29, 2006 at 11:50 PM

I support illegal immigration. You guys are racist.

Did I say that.

Ouabam on November 29, 2006 at 11:53 PM

I support illegal immigration. You guys are racist.

Did I say that.

Yup. You sure did. I hope that was sarcasm.

hillbillyjim on November 30, 2006 at 12:10 AM

A couple of illegals just killed a young lady here a week or two ago. They were racing and plowed into this unfortunate wretch. Now, that could happen anytime, anywhere. You’ve got plenty of kids racing around causing all sorts of problems. But in this instance had these illegals never been allowed into the country, this woman would still be alive.

jaleach on November 30, 2006 at 12:13 AM

Actually, hillbillyjim, I myself have been thinking more along the lines of: if this piece of illegal immigrant crime doesn’t shame all of you Republicans who are prepared to get behind Bush and the Banana Republicans on “comprehensive immigration reform,” I don’t know what will. By the way, this study probably doesn’t account for the children and grandchildren of illegals who are even more criminally prone.

To put this in perspective, we are losing about 2 people a year to murder in this country for every mile of border that goes unwalled.

tommy1 on November 30, 2006 at 12:13 AM

Well they are just doing the car accidents and murders that Americans won’t do.

I smell a new t-shirt design. :)

Gee, I just happen to know two people who’ve been in series auto accidents in the last couple of years. And by a stunning coincidence, both of the accidents, by total random chance, amazingly happened to involve uninsured unlicensed illegal aliens who fled the jurisdiction (if not the country) after the accident.

Wow, maybe we’re all just part of some statistical miracle.

Or, on the other hand, maybe it’s the obvious thing.

So, what exactly do you do when 80% of the populace demands that the government enforce existing and constitutional laws, and the politicians, bureaucrats and judges refuse?

Merovign on November 30, 2006 at 12:14 AM

We already know this, and know who causes this,, WTF (who TF) just woke up??? All those who let these scum in, and let ancho baies in, and who refuses to seal the borders, and those who let Mexico run our foriegn policy, and the police for refusing to arrest these illegal scum, the list goes on and on..

retired on November 30, 2006 at 12:19 AM

ahhh,,… but you don’t get it… this is all part of Bush’s grand plan… you see illegals by definition won’t be killing us any more… cause they’ll all be legal…

SEEEEEE Problem solved!!!!!

Romeo13 on November 30, 2006 at 12:21 AM

Since numbers don’t do justice to the human cost of illegal immigration, here is a site dedicated to illegal immigration’s victims. They died for a small increase in somebody’s profit margin:

tommy1 on November 30, 2006 at 12:21 AM

most Americans have no idea more of their fellow citizens – men, women and children – were murdered this year by illegal aliens…

Is this the job illegal aliens are doing that normal Americans don’t want to do? Just curious.

thedecider on November 30, 2006 at 12:23 AM

One terrible story from immigration’s human cost highlights an interesting and little known fact about Mexico’s harboring dangerous criminals who have committed crimes in our country:

In another case of justice denied, the murderer of Phoenix high school student Tanee Natividad merely crossed the border into Mexico to escape law enforcement. A local television station was able to track down the murderer in a bar just a few miles across the border without much effort. Max LaMadrid has no reason to hide because the Mexican government actually helps violent criminals escape American justice. According to Arizona Attorney General Janet Napolitano, action by the Mexican supreme court making it more difficult to extradite criminals has “created an incentive for people to flee into Mexico as a safe harbor.” At one time, Mexico would not extradite criminals who might be subject to the death penalty; the Mexican court recently extended this “protection” to any Mexican who might receive a life sentence, thereby giving a free pass to rapists, kidnappers and child molesters. In fact, the investigating reporter found 100 cases of violent criminals from the Phoenix area escaping into Mexico in just the last few years. Meanwhile, the grieving family of 16-year-old Tanee gets no justice — like thousands of others in the southwest.

tommy1 on November 30, 2006 at 12:26 AM

tommy1,
I believe you should go back and read my posts more carefully.

If you got the impression that I was supporting President Bush’s proposed Comprehensive Immigration Reform BS, then I must question either my writing skills or your reading comprehension.

Your Banana Republican insertion is very cute though, if cute is what you were shooting for.

If you need further clarification of my position on immigration reform, maybe this will help you: OPEN BORDERS EQUALS NO BORDERS EQUALS NO SOVERIEGNTY! NOT GOOD!

Hope that helps.

hillbillyjim on November 30, 2006 at 12:30 AM

Well they are just doing the car accidents and murders that Americans won’t do.

mrflashman on November 29, 2006 at 11:09 PM

Great minds use irony alike. Too many Americans who can see the Muslim demographic threat in Europe seem blind to
the La Razation of America along with our own Muslim Situation. I lost a job to a rich Egyptian whose family had sent him to America to gather more degrees than a thermometer. Dude could not even speak English, and sha-zaam, he’s a professor. Claimed that as Egypt is in Africa, he was an “African-American” / person of color

feh

Janos Hunyadi on November 30, 2006 at 12:30 AM

here’s one way to keep out the illegals from entering this country -

1)build a 300ft. concrete wall from texas to San Diego with only 3 points of entry & in those entries have the the U.S. National Guard backing up the border patrol

2)put a 100,000volt wire on top of that wall

3)have the U.S. Millitary behind the wall.

4)put 3 miles of landmines between Texas & San Diego on the U.S. border & Mexico with of course signs in spanish & english warning tresspassers

yes, i realize that it’s going to cost alot, but at least that way, we don’t really have to worry about illegals that much anymore.

Starblazer on November 30, 2006 at 12:31 AM

hillbillyjim,

I wasn’t attacking you. I should have been clearer. When I meant “you Republicans” I meant the ones that are on this site generally talking about “comprehensive immigration reform” or what John McCain calls a “banana.” Not you personally. Sorry for the lack of clarity.

tommy1 on November 30, 2006 at 12:32 AM

Janos Hunyadi,

the La Razation of America along with our own Muslim Situation.

Yes, Steve Sailer once put it nicely: too many Americans are congratulating themselves on their foresight in locating their continent north of a bunch of unskilled Latin Americans rather than a bunch of Muslims.

tommy1 on November 30, 2006 at 12:36 AM

it’s funny that liberal democrats & President Bush call it “comprehensive immigration reform” and yet most americans like us really know the true meaning of it, it’s called “AMNESTY!”

Starblazer on November 30, 2006 at 12:38 AM

minorites are scarrrrryyy

crr6 on November 30, 2006 at 12:39 AM

sure why not, Reagan did it in ’86 and he was a republican. 20 years later, another republican gives amnesty to those who break the law everyday. i guess in another 20 years, another republican will give amnesty to those who break our laws

Starblazer on November 30, 2006 at 12:42 AM

tommy1,
I am the one to be called into question on “reading comprehension”. I fear I saw the words “you Republicans” and went into defense mode unnecessarily. Reflex action, I guess, with all of the tripe out here in wwwonderland.

I shall endeavor to be less reflexive and more thoughtfully responsive. Sincerely, hillbillyjim

hillbillyjim on November 30, 2006 at 12:45 AM

crr6:

minorites are scarrrrryyy

You’re correct. There is nothing to be afraid of. That explains why white middle-class liberals are leaving places like Burlington, Vermont and Seattle, Washington and flocking to places like Detroit, Michigan, Oakland, California, East LA and Compton. You know how those white liberals appreciate diversity!

Oh wait! They’re not. Hmmmmm….

tommy1 on November 30, 2006 at 12:49 AM

Sorry, hillbillyjim, I really should have worded that post more carefully. Glad you understand. :-D

tommy1 on November 30, 2006 at 12:54 AM

Oh wonderful! Look what just popped up in the news:

6 immigration arrests at Atlanta airport

tommy1 on November 30, 2006 at 12:56 AM

They’re kind of rough on their own too.
Latest crash in Colorado, 14 Mexican Nationals in a van,, 4 dead,, driver held for human smuggling
Driver in crash held on smuggling counts

normsrevenge on November 30, 2006 at 1:03 AM

and a link to above ap story re: Colorado crash

normsrevenge on November 30, 2006 at 1:04 AM

tommy1,
You have no reason to apologize; I am the one to jump to premature conclusion.

I am just so dumbfounded by our President, who seems to “get it” as per the threat to our very future posed by extremist Islam, who also seems incredibly blind to the inherent dangers associated with our embarrassingly porous borders.

If Americans hold their lifestyle and their freedom dear, then it seems commonsense to awaken to the dangers associated with practically unlimited ingress to practically ANYONE who decides to cross our borders.

hillbillyjim on November 30, 2006 at 1:11 AM

My ‘ex’ (who refuses to move the heck out ofthat hellhole Phoenix, AZ) has been in two ‘totaled’ car crashes in the last three years. Both with (fortunately) moderate but significant injuries to the point that she is now partially disabled.

Both were caused by stop sign runners, both by illegal aliens who were unable to speak (or apparently read) english (maybe they should change all the stop signs to bilingual STOP/ALTO???).

She was the only one with insurance, so HER insurance also paid partially for the injuries and vehicles of the people at fault; And of course her premiums have gone from merely outrageous to astronomical. (Much higher insurance rates; another cost of illegal immigration not counted or at least not mentioned by the politicians, media and assorted open borders advocates.)

One of the people who hit her was a 17 year old mother of three, with her three infants & toddlers crawling around loose in her car, and ‘el hablar en su teléfono de la célula‘.

LegendHasIt on November 30, 2006 at 1:19 AM

A group of illegals in Winter Haven, FL, plowed into my neighbor’s daughter’s car on her way back from classes at the hospital for nursing. She was severelly brain damaged but lived in a vegatative state (she could breathe on her own and was tube fed) for about 3 years. Of course the illegals somehow got someone to post bond for them after they were arrested and fled back to Mexico never to be seen in Polk County, FL, that anyone knows of again. Amy is gone, her family is devastated-her parents divorced during those 3 years, her younger sister got involved with drugs & now is in jail herself but as long as the illegals are okay, well I guess it’s okay with ACLU and the liberal trolls (yes all the liberal trolls). I am also po’d that our President sees no problem in this. It’s truly disturbing.
PMHO=cheetah girls? Where at?
catie

Catie96706 on November 30, 2006 at 1:25 AM

hillbillyjim on November 30, 2006 at 1:11 AM

I agree however…

President Bush will now push thru his amensty plan.

As a result Allah will need to re-write the headline to say something like…

Untrained legal drivers kill more Americians then illegal drivers.

Pardon me while I go puke.

F15Mech on November 30, 2006 at 1:25 AM

But the LLL wave their magic RACIST wand and all this scary talk goes away… except for the victims and their families.

I knew about Mexico being a criminal’s haven, but thanks for reminding me, tommy1.

They also HATE when we cross into Mexico to get any of these guys. They seems to go to great lengths to protect the criminals, don’t really give a rat’s testicles about their own non-criminal population, or ours.

Merovign on November 30, 2006 at 1:51 AM

How dare we call them “Illegals.” After all, they are only undocumented, some workers, who, uh … are here ILLEGALLY!!

I must agree with F15Mech. It makes me want to puke every time I think of how President Bush has sucked up to Vincente Fox over the years of his presidency, and to no positive result.

I still stand by my votes (twice) for President Bush, but I must question whose best interests he is representing when he ignores hard facts and continues with his “Comprehensive Horse$hit. It simply makes no sense.

hillbillyjim on November 30, 2006 at 2:06 AM

I have always doubted the arguement: They’re just filling jobs that Americans won’t do. I can’t remember which one, but it was a link from HotAir that totally debunked that myth.

If California millionaires have to pay a little more for legitimate workers, then, so be it. I am willing to pay a few more cents on the dollar for a head of lettuce, if it means that some anti-American operative (be it al Q, HessB, Hamas, or whatever) is denied entry into our country. OUR COUNTRY! Say it one time, lefties: OUR COUNTRY. That didn’t hurt, now did it. Oops! I didn’t know about that chip implanted in your brains. Sorry ’bout that.

hillbillyjim on November 30, 2006 at 2:21 AM

The one thing that I hate about illegal immigration is the most of the so-undocumented workers are from Mexico. If they want give illegal immigrants documents, the amount of Mexicans should be capped. We need illegal immigrants from Darfour, Sudan. They can even qualify for Amnesty according U.S Laws. We can one taking advantage of immigration system, while others in remote countries can make it here. This is what I hate most. Enough of La Raza and crap.

Ouabam on November 30, 2006 at 2:35 AM

grammar:They can even qualify for Amnesty under U.S Laws. We can let one country keep taking advantage of the immigration system,

Ouabam on November 30, 2006 at 2:43 AM

During the 80s and 90s, before I started getting auto insurance through AAA, I used an independent agent who would shop around for the best deal. All this guy did was auto insurance, that was his entire gig. The horror stories he would tell me were appalling. Drunk Mexicans (legal or illegal) getting into accidents in unregistered cars, killing and maiming people who just happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time. They would just go back to Mexico to escape the consequences. It was like a big game to them. One time in TJ I was buying a cigar from a guy in a shop who had 18th Street gang (a major Hispanic gang in L.A.) tats all over his upper body. My g/f at the time asked about the tats and he said things had gotten a little hot for him on the US side of the border so he was laying low in Mexico until things cooled off a bit. I’ve had Mexicans I’ve worked with tell me that if they ever get in trouble for anything here they will just go back home. They know our border security is a joke and they have no qualms about exploiting the many loopholes.

infidel4life on November 30, 2006 at 3:10 AM

Bush makes a gesture of love and respect to Fox, much as a US President might in picking up Mexico, turning him over, and putting his penis in his mouth.

F15Mech on November 30, 2006 at 3:37 AM

Theres something foul on the air… it doesnt belong here, eventually we will do something about it..

Viper1 on November 30, 2006 at 5:48 AM

It appears from a brief reading of these posts that not one person read or if they read it, accepted, the rebuttal on Captain’s Quarters of these completely bogus statistics. I thought using complete BS to make a political point was a liberal tactic.

kmcguire on November 30, 2006 at 8:00 AM

This all makes me so sick. I’m trying to “collect” all the bad stuff linked to illegals (as in the COST to our society). We’re going to need all the ammo we can get when Congress meets to pass the guest worker program.

Problem is – we need some type of organization to fight this. Anyone know of one particular strong voice where we can go to to lend support?

stenwin77 on November 30, 2006 at 8:54 AM

With fully 1/3 of our federal prison system comprised of illegal aliens (from all countries)for crimes other than immigration violations it doesn’t matter much to me if these criminal invaders kill 12 people a day or just 6 a day it’s way too much. We had an illegal Mexican alien attacking people here at a Sonic drive in the other night with a baseball bat. His reason for the attack was that he hated Americans. He’d been here for less than a week and had been deported several times previously. Last summer one of our local cops was injured trying to stop several illegals who were stealing lawn mowers and lawn care equipment. They threw one of the lawnmowers out of the truck and into his cruiser at 90 mph. My neighbors are home schooling their kids now because of the Hispanic bangers beating them up and robbing them of their money and clothes. Like many my personal way of life is much worse due to illegal immigrants. I refuse to accept illegal immigration and although I sucked it up and voted GOP on November 7th I absolutely refuse to do so again until the GOP decides to once again represent me instead of the agribusiness corporations who use illegal immigration to bolster their profits. I hear of boycotts of companies that refuse to honor Christmas, or promote the gay agenda etc. all the time. We need to boycott local businesses who employ illegals and we need to be able to identify those corporations and their products that are making a profit from breaking the law. That or maybe we can form our own political action committee and bribe the politicians to actually enforce our nations laws with more money than the corporation do to get them to ignore the problem.

Buzzy on November 30, 2006 at 9:28 AM

kmcguire on November 30, 2006 at 8:00 AM

I just read the comments…most of them don’t address the statistics and say how horrible the statistics themselves are, but instead give anecdotal accounts of the illegal immigrant driving/murder problems that, while tending to back up the statistics, do not actually endorse them as accurate. In other words, one could infer that they did in fact accept the rebuttal, yet still rightly see the situation as a problem the USA shouldn’t have to face. The premise that the statistics themselves are bogus does not somehow go back in time to prevent those deaths the other posters listed that were caused by illegal immigrants. (Unless you’re saying that they invented the stories ‘to make a political point.’)

Also, the rebuttal was in an update so those that did accept the statistics as accurate might have commented before the update was posted.

James on November 30, 2006 at 9:30 AM

The CQ rebuttal is also flawed because it equates murderers in prison to murders committed. Many murderers do not get caught and some go back to Mexico. Some kill more than one person. It agree that the 12-per-day number needs to be explained further, because that’s the kind of stat the MSM will report more loudly if proved flawed than it ever would if proved correct.

shuzilla on November 30, 2006 at 10:16 AM

What is the status on changing the 14th amendment to stop Anchor Babies?

Wade on November 30, 2006 at 10:23 AM

“Anchor Babies?”

Until the 14th amendment is changed or repealed, those children are American citizens.

Slublog on November 30, 2006 at 10:41 AM

Death Row for Illegals should have an express lane.

That’s what I call “reform”.

Black Adam on November 30, 2006 at 10:48 AM

If these statistics are exposed as bogus (and they sound highly suspicious to me as a statistician), it will set back the cause of those wanting to secure our borders. Unfortunately, conservatives are held to a much higher standard of accuracy than are liberals by the MSM. There are plenty of legitimate reasons to want to secure our border that do not involve giving out inaccurate statisitcs. An objective reality exists and we need accurate quantitative discriptions of it in order to make informed decisions.

Those claiming 4,000 murders a year committed by illegals need to either show data in support of the claim or retract it.

ptolemy on November 30, 2006 at 10:56 AM

“Anchor Babies?”

Slublog on November 30, 2006 at 10:41 AM

Considering the timing and context of the 14th Amendment, the plain purpose was to assure the rights of newly freed slaves, not provide citizenship to every illegal alien giving birth on the north side of the border. The later is an innovation of recent court ruling.

AZ_Redneck on November 30, 2006 at 10:57 AM

That’s great, but it doesn’t change the facts of the matter – as far as the law and courts are concerned, those children are Americans, and thus far there is no broad nationwide push to amend the constitution to change that.

My point is that unless pro-enforcement conservatives tone down the rhetoric, there never will be.

Slublog on November 30, 2006 at 11:00 AM

The Professional Politicians Of Washington™ (both Bleeding Heart Left and Spineless Right) are way too busy pandering to illegal votes to actually worry about protecting innocent Americans. People who disrespect our laws at the outset of their relationship with Americans should not profit from their lawbreaking.

shamalama on November 30, 2006 at 11:22 AM

LOL.

Really if you can’t base stats on anecdotes, where would we be?? I am all for enforcing our borders, but really, at what point are we permitted the sheer joy of bludgeoning to death people like King, as a reasonable response to idiocy?

honora on November 30, 2006 at 11:36 AM

Wow.

Such an enormous problem for the US. Why is there such a reluctance to face the truth about the illegals-that they seem to have a lesser respect for human life? Because people are afraid to be labelled as racist?

It reminds me of the way the drug problems in Toronto are dealt with: blame the police for being racist, and never acknowlege the Jamaican’s who are the drug dealers and murderers or to acknowledge that the single parent families don’t give a crap where their kids are and what they are selling or dealing.

It’s the same thing with the “lalalala I can’t hear you” about jihad. There are pockets of the US that are Dar al Islam, de facto. Canada and the US have Fifth Columnists from so many different directions and lifestyles.

WriterMom on November 30, 2006 at 11:47 AM

Oh, good heavens.

Stop the Republican party bus. I want to get off now.

Slublog on November 30, 2006 at 11:56 AM

stenwin77 you can start here, and here for more information on the movement.

There is no need to change the 14th Amendment. Rather it needs to interpreted properly. We are one good lawsuit away from that. Consider this…

Sen. Jacob Howard, who wrote the Fourteenth’s Citizenship Clause believed the same thing as Bingham as evidenced by his introduction of the clause to the US Senate as follows:

[T]his amendment which I have offered is simply declaratory of what I regard as the law of the land already, that every person born within the limits of the United States, and subject to their jurisdiction, is by virtue of natural law and national law a citizen of the United States. This will not, of course, include persons born in the United States who are foreigners, aliens, who belong to the families of ambassadors or foreign ministers accredited to the Government of the United States, but will include every other class of persons.

And what was this law of the land already Howard speaks of? “All persons born in the United States and not subject to any foreign power” are citizens of the United States. So what Howard is making clear here is the simple fact his citizenship clause is no different then the law of the land already which demanded allegiance to the United States by at least the child’s father before that child could be considered a U.S. born citizen. This alone makes liberal construction to the contrary impossible.

voiceofreason on November 30, 2006 at 12:04 PM

These stats seem pretty damning but they need to be put in context for anything valuable to be gained from them. How many murders are committed by American citizens daily? What percentage of the population is illegal immigrants? Once we get these numbers too, a proper comparison can be made that determines if illegal immigrants commit a disproportante number of murders compared to citizens.

JaHerer22 on November 30, 2006 at 12:04 PM

What happened to my links? Oh well, stenwin, here they are again.

voiceofreason on November 30, 2006 at 12:05 PM

Still no links? Paste this in the browser…

voiceofreason on November 30, 2006 at 12:06 PM

This will not, of course, include persons born in the United States who are foreigners, aliens…

How far do you extend that? Generations?

Slublog on November 30, 2006 at 12:07 PM

sorry Slublog, but they are “anchor babies” NOT american citizens, whether you agree with that or not. Illegal women are intenionaly have babies here in the U.S. so that as you say are american citizens, so that they (illegal women)can’t be deported, because their kids are american citizens. we nedd to either abolish the 14th admendment or change to were only children of legal parents & natural born citizens of the U.S. are american citizens, but untill that happens,i’m still going to refer those children of illegal parents “anchor babies”

Starblazer on November 30, 2006 at 12:36 PM

Really? Well, you can do what you wish.

Your personal interpretation of the law doesn’t change judicial precedent.

Slublog on November 30, 2006 at 12:41 PM

How far do you extend that? Generations?

Sublog, I don’t understand your comment.

The issue is that at least one parent must have allegiance to the United States and no other government. Something that illegal aliens cannot meet as that is done through “naturalization” of the parent. If the necessary naturalization was complete, the parent wouldn’t be an alien.

The way the 14th Amendment is being interpreted presently, people vacationing in the United States from say France, can have a baby delivered while here and that baby would be considered a citizen. Clearly this in not the intent of the law. Although, the pro illegal advocates would like you to believe so.

This country must stop living the 14th Amendment lie.

voiceofreason on November 30, 2006 at 1:11 PM

Obviously no one is going to be retroactively de-citizened.

Alex K on November 30, 2006 at 1:25 PM

My question was intended to get at this – say someone comes over from Mexico and gets married here in the U.S. He has children. Are those children U.S. citizens, even if he was an illegal immigrant? And if those children have children, are they citizens, or is their citizenship in question because their grandfather was an illegal?

These are the types of questions that will have to be considered before we start down the road to repealing the 14th Amendment, or attempting to change legal precedent with lawsuits, which has been suggested in other forums.

There would have to be a cutoff date of some sort written into any change of existing law or precedent.

Instead of muddying up the existing policy waters with these sorts of arguments, those of us who want immigration reform should focus on the long picture. It has to start with a wall. One message, repeated over and over – we want a wall.

Once the wall is built, and the numbers of illegal immigrants coming into this country slow, you can start dealing with the legalities of what does and what does not constitute citizenship.

I support comprehensive immigration reform, but I am disgusted by some of the rhetoric coming from fellow conservatives. Talk of “anchor babies” and shoddy studies such as the one linked above do nothing to solve the problem, and may in fact complicate finding a solution, as I’m likely not the only person who finds the rhetorical excesses of some conservatives objectionable.

One side of my family is hispanic. There are a lot of Hispanics who agree with the need for such reform, but you’re not going to win them when you have people like Tancredo calling their neighborhoods “third world countries” and others talking about ‘lazy immigrants’ or other such nonsense.

This debate is out of control, and needs to be more civilized if it’s going to go forward.

Slublog on November 30, 2006 at 1:29 PM

This is one story that will never get convered in the MSM. Period.

I can’t even begin to tell you the horror stories about the Mexican meth smugglers in the midwest.

Timber Wolf on November 30, 2006 at 1:33 PM

Obviously no one is going to be retroactively de-citizened.

Alex K on November 30, 2006 at 1:25 PM

I don’t find that obvious at all. There has never really been a test of the amendment.

Sublog, you bring up an interesting point. Who knows where the line should be drawn. But I think we can all agree that the line must be drawn with at least the first generation. Meaning no anchor babies for illegal aliens.

I agree with you on the wall as well. However, I don’t find Tancredo’s statements lacking truth. It’s the illegal alien lobby that escalated the debate into “disguting rhetoric”. In absence of legal or moral ground to support their viewpoints, they resort to the improper use of the race card. A tactic that is old, over used and fast becoming ineffective.

The debate will get more uncivilized before it gets better. For this, you have our spineless, law breaking politicians to blame as well as the Main Stream Media.

voiceofreason on November 30, 2006 at 1:44 PM

However, I don’t find Tancredo’s statements lacking truth.

Tancredo based much of his criticism on the fact that people in Miami did not speak english. There is no agreed-upon definition of what a third world country is, but most agree that they have poverty, high birthrates, and economic dependence on advanced countries.

That hardly describes Miami, and one can understand why the residents were offended. Tancredo misappropriated a term to make his point more dramatic, and one hopes he will be more careful with his rhetoric in the future.

Slublog on November 30, 2006 at 1:50 PM

JaHerer22 on November 30, 2006 at 12:04 PM

Wow, for once I totally agree with JaHerer.

infidel4life on November 30, 2006 at 1:51 PM

Neither side is completely guilt free in this, but if the debate is going to get better, one side has to just say ‘enough’ and quit the tit-for-tat ‘you started it’ silliness. And let’s be completely honest – if immigration reformers want to improve their image, they do have to disassociate themselves from those who actually do show some racist beliefs. It gives the race baiters a hook for their accusations.

As an example, I have seen the “w-word” used in far too many conservative forums to describe Hispanics. A purging of people who use such phrases from our ranks would be a nice start toward restoring some civility.

Slublog on November 30, 2006 at 1:54 PM

I take a short break from blog-watching, and this topic gets almost 90 comments before I see it.

I’ve posted numbers like these before, and they never get a reaction.

- More highway deaths EACH of the last 10 years at the hands of drunken illegals than ALL combat-related deaths of U.S. military members since 9/11

- More murders by illegals of U.S. citizens each year than died in the combined attacks of 9/11

I challenge every bleeding heart that is infuriated by Americans military members being killed by foreigners to be consistent to their position, to demand action on border and immigration enforcement.

On the 14th Amendment, AZRedneck has it right. The critical language is:

All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside.

The word and is a conjunction emphasizing multiple conditions. Be born in, and subject to jurisdiction of. The children of aliens who are not lawfully on U.S. soil are NOT subject to the jurisdiction of the United States.

A Supreme Court decision, Plyler v. Doe, in overturning a Texas statute to refuse school funding in support of illegal immigrant children, declared the state’s law unconstitutional because it violated the 14th Amendment’s Equal Protection clause. The upshot of the decision is that the Supreme Court imputed the “subject to the jurisdiction” portion of the 14th Amendment to illegals in residence on U.S. soil. In that particular case, the children were NOT born in the U.S., but emigrated with their illegal parents.

However, it is the language of this decision that is used by the ACLU and others to declare anchor babies to be U.S. citizens. It is the Supreme Court ruling in Plyler v. Doe which must be challenged, not the language of the Amendment, which is perfectly adequate when properly applied.

Freelancer on November 30, 2006 at 1:56 PM