Illegal aliens murder 12 Americans daily

posted at 10:10 pm on November 29, 2006 by Ian

Stunning:

While the military “quagmire” in Iraq was said to tip the scales of power in the U.S. midterm elections, most Americans have no idea more of their fellow citizens – men, women and children – were murdered this year by illegal aliens than the combined death toll of U.S. troops in Iraq and Afghanistan since those military campaigns began.

###

Twelve Americans are murdered every day by illegal aliens, according to statistics released by Rep. Steve King, R-Iowa. If those numbers are correct, it translates to 4,380 Americans murdered annually by illegal aliens. That’s 21,900 since Sept. 11, 2001.

Illegals are nearly as dangerous behind the wheel than drunk drivers:

A report by the AAA Foundation for Traffic Study found 20 percent of fatal accidents involve at least one driver who lacks a valid license. In California, another study showed that those who have never held a valid license are about five times more likely to be involved in a fatal road accident than licensed drivers.

Statistically, that makes them an even greater danger on the road than drivers whose licenses have been suspended or revoked – and nearly as dangerous as drunk drivers.

Update (Allahpundit): Captain Ed is … less than impressed with WND’s methodology.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

SluBlog and others – It’s not as if we’d have to reinvent the wheel to clear up the immigration loophole created by the 14th ammendment. The vast majority of countries (and, to my knowledge, all the major western powers) have very strict citizenship laws. Are they having issues such as Slu suggested where someone finds out two generations later that they are technically still an illegal alien? Or, has that ever been an issue that’s come up?

I am not saying we should base all of our laws on what other countries are doing, however, what we’ve got regarding citizenship/immigration currently does not seem to be working. So, I have no problem looking around and seeing if someone else has a model that works better.

JadeNYU on November 30, 2006 at 2:10 PM

My point is that unless pro-enforcement conservatives tone down the rhetoric, there never will be.

Slublog on November 30, 2006 at 11:00 AM

Not alot of rhetoric (undo exageration) there. I do not believe that we all need to request that the law be enforced, but as citizens we can demand it.

Are you proposing that we slip the other side a mephorical mickey? Once inside, we can reveal the actual intent? If so, that’s deceitful. Let’s argue on principle upfront.

If law is to become a flexible collection of documents, tradition, and whim, … well … that is one of the reasons we rose up against a monarchy years ago. A government operates at the consent of the goverened.

AZ_Redneck on November 30, 2006 at 2:15 PM

AZ_Redneck on November 30, 2006 at 2:15 PM

mephorical = metaphorical

AZ_Redneck on November 30, 2006 at 2:15 PM

No, that’s not what I meant at all. I mean get rid of the pejorative-leaning comments currently used to describe illegal immigrants, as they tend to emotionalize an issue that should be policy based.

Slublog on November 30, 2006 at 2:21 PM

so slublog – you do want amnesty for those who broke the law. call it what you will it is amnesty & yes if someone does come here illegally & they have children, their children are here illegally to & so are their children as well or commonly known as “Anchor Babies” & that’s why illegal parents have them, so they themselves cannot be deported & that’s why the 14th admenment needs to be abolished Or changed so the U.S. doesn’t have this problem anymore.

Starblazer on November 30, 2006 at 3:00 PM

believe me, i do have a plan way to deport all 12 to 13 million “illegal” immigrants in this country & it will be very conterversial

Starblazer on November 30, 2006 at 3:03 PM

I have read and re-read all of the applicable comments on this thread, and I have yet to see how the left-leaning crowd can espouse such obviously wrong and dangerous ideas and still look themselves in the mirror in the morning.

Guess I underestimated your stupidity. Thanks for informing me just how “bent” is the position that you represent. Thank you for participating.

hillbillyjim on November 30, 2006 at 3:06 PM

btw – once Bush & the democrats pass the amnesty bill ( or as you put it ” comprehensive immigration reform”) what do you tell all of those who did it the legal way & waited years to become american citizens ? please tell me Slublog, what do YOU say to those people?

Starblazer on November 30, 2006 at 3:07 PM

what do YOU say to those people?

Starblazer on November 30, 2006 at 3:07 PM

REVOLT!!!

voiceofreason on November 30, 2006 at 3:34 PM

When did I say I supported amnesty?

Find the quote, or kindly stop misrepresenting my views.

Slublog on November 30, 2006 at 3:43 PM

and i quote ” I support comprehensive immigration reform” – Slublog at 1:29 pm on November 30th, 2006. “comprehensive immgration reform = Amnesty

Starblazer on November 30, 2006 at 6:12 PM

besides you never answered my question which is – what do YOU tell those who obey our immigration laws & waited years to become american citizens,when Bush & his democrat pals pass a amnesty bill give those who BROKE THE LAW and only have to pay back taxes & a small fee AND can automatically become an american citizen. please enlighten me of how you plan to say to those who obeyed our immigration laws.

Starblazer on November 30, 2006 at 6:18 PM

& btw – yes, some illegal immigrants ARE lazy & depend on our welfare system that we nautral born & LEGAL american citizens or the U.S. Goverment have to pay for.

Starblazer on November 30, 2006 at 6:22 PM

Reagan did it in 1986 & now another Republican does 20 years later.

Starblazer on November 30, 2006 at 6:24 PM

correction – Reagan did it in 1986 & now another Republican does it again 20 years later.

Starblazer on November 30, 2006 at 6:54 PM

I like illegal immigrants. They work soooo cheap! As compared ro the AFL-CIO lawn-guys anyways.

gary on November 30, 2006 at 7:49 PM

comprehensive immgration reform = Amnesty

Really? Those are some fine mindreading powers you’ve got there, starblazer. Care to make any more assumptions about what I believe? Hell, I don’t even need to be here for this debate if you’re going to simply pretend to argue my points for me.

Well sure, but some “nautral born & LEGAL american” citizens are lazy and take advantage of the welfare system as well. Do you really think demonization of an entire class of people is the way to get your policy passed?

Okay. Repeat after me.

I. Do. Not. Support. Amnesty.

I believe we need to build a wall, then we need to figure out what to do with those already in this country, since deporting 12-20 million people is likely not going to happen. There are a number of options. Personally, I believe think those already in this country should be given the option to become citizens in the same manner as other immigrants. If they do not choose that path, then they should be issued temporary visas that will give them enough time to settle their affairs here before they are sent back to their home country.

Maybe you can take a break from telling me what you think I believe and enlighten us as to some of your actual ideas on that subject.

Slublog on November 30, 2006 at 8:12 PM

Even though it’s an option, there is no need to deport the millions here. It’s hard to argue that attrition is likely to be more effective economically, logistically and “PR” wise. However, before attrition can be an effective way to eliminate the immigration problem, access to free education, free health care, social services and jobs have to be cut off completely. A wall must be built and the border enforced. ICE raids must coninue. There must be severe penalties for employers of illegal aliens. Restricting money transfers with prohibitive taxes would also be advisable. Support for local municipalities like Hazelton and Escondido for example, is also advisable.

When these things are in place, there will be no economic reason for the aliens to be here. The magnet will be gone and they will not come and will not stay. For the greatest country on the face of the earth, this is very achievable. No need for more new legislation, the laws are there and just need to be enforced. Fixing things like the fourteeth amendment misinterpretation would also be a key component in solving the problem.

A path to citizenship is definitely not the way to go. It rewards their illegal behavior. In fact, I believe anyone that has ever broken the law to get into the country should never be eligible for citizenship. But that is just my opinion.

voiceofreason on November 30, 2006 at 9:09 PM

I agree with much of what you’ve said – especially the part about employers who knowingly hire illegal immigrants and the absolute need for a wall.

Where I differ is on the path to citizenship. I think that we should deport anyone who has committed a violent or drug-related crime, and those who are working should be given an opportunity to achieve citizenship. Those who are not? Well, that’s different.

Slublog on November 30, 2006 at 9:32 PM

OPEN BORDERS USA: Bandanna republic.

Dr. Charles G. Waugh on November 30, 2006 at 10:51 PM

fine, you want my ideas. here they are –

1)build a 300ft. re-enforced steel concrete wall with barbed wire that has 100,000volts of electricity on top of the wall, with only 3 points of entry in Texas / Arizona & San Diego with the U.S. National Guard backing up the Border Patrol on those point of entries.

2)put landmines in front of the wall between the U.S. border & Mexico with signs in english & spanish warning tresspassers

3)fine employers who hire illegals 1million dollars for each illegal they hired.

4)have millitary helicopters fly down the border between Texas & San Diego & catch those who try to enter illlegally & put them in detention camps & deport them

i have to agree with voiceofreson that those who BROKE THE LAW should never ever be able to obtain citizenship in this country and still you haven’t answered my question there Slublog, again, what do YOU tell all those who OBEYED our immigration laws & waited years to become american citizens and when Bush & his democrat pals pass a amnesty bill for those who BROLE THE LAW to pay back taxes & pay a small fee and automatically become citizens & their “anchor babies” so please enlighten us on how you plan to tell those who OBEYED our immigration laws? i really don’t think you want to know how i would deport the 12-20 illegal immigrants in this country, because it would be very contraversial & i would be getting alot of heat & would be probably be banned from here for good. again, please answer my question

Starblazer on December 1, 2006 at 1:10 AM

again, “comprehensive immigration reform” = Amnesty

even Sean Hannity & Tom Tancredo have said it’s amnesty & please look up amnesty in a dictionary

Starblazer on December 1, 2006 at 1:14 AM

again, “comprehensive immigration reform” = Amnesty

Starblazer on December 1, 2006 at 1:14 AM

LOL.
That is really rich.

honora on December 1, 2006 at 8:18 AM

It appears from a brief reading of these posts that not one person read or if they read it, accepted, the rebuttal on Captain’s Quarters of these completely bogus statistics. I thought using complete BS to make a political point was a liberal tactic.

kmcguire on November 30, 2006 at 8:00 AM

The facts are irrelevant. That why they call it demagoguery–the issue is not the point, the reaction it generates is the point. Read the above. Voila.

honora on December 1, 2006 at 8:23 AM

So a military police state is your answer to the question?

Well, my days of not taking you seriously are coming to a middle.

When I was in college, the general education requirements for my major included a statistics course and two economics courses. I graduated in 1996.

Now, the gen ed requirements for that major are either a statistics course or other math, and one economics course. It’s much easier now to fulfill that math requirement. I could choose to get angry and bitter and wonder why things weren’t easier for me when I was in college, or I can be happy and proud of the degree I earned.

I’ve chosen the latter course. I’ll leave it to you to figure out how that answers your question.

Slublog on December 1, 2006 at 9:12 AM

Slublog on December 1, 2006 at 9:12 AM

Well the nice thing is, you know what to expect from the likes of Mr/Ms Starblazer: No-nothingism is well documented.

honora on December 1, 2006 at 9:17 AM

Starblazer: you are aware that immigration laws, in the sense of limiting immigration, are a 20th century phenomenon in this country? Just curious, there is a tone of “was ever thus” in your posts.

honora on December 1, 2006 at 9:21 AM

So a military police state is your answer to the question?

If the choise is between a police state and a Mexican state…

If Americans want to decrease the pull for illegals exerted by our economy, let’s reform our own welfare state to require recipients of public assistance to have a job – any job – to recieve that assistance. Eliminate minimum wage and replace with prevailing wage, which combined with some public assistance could provide a living wage. Americans will be forced to go out and claim those jobs that Americans won’t do from the illegals. In doing so they will begin to move up the job ladder. No police state or border wall required.

No one is above doing hard work. As long as we pay people who don’t work we will have to let people in to do that work they aren’t doing.

shuzilla on December 1, 2006 at 10:31 AM

Americans are not lazy as the post above would have you believe. Americans will do any job as long as the compensation is fair.

We don’t need illegal labor.

voiceofreason on December 1, 2006 at 10:38 AM