Bush blamed for death of officer in motorcade accident

posted at 8:22 pm on November 26, 2006 by Ian

RIP:

A motorcycle officer injured last week while escorting President Bush in the islands died Sunday, police said.

Steve Favela, 30, and two other officers crashed their cycles as the presidential motorcade was traveling across Hickam Air Force Base to meet troops for breakfast early Tuesday. The other officers were treated at The Queen’s Medical Center and released.

Democrats are using the death of Officer Favela to bash President Bush and hold him responsible. There are several threads covering the news at Democratic Underground, most notably this one where a commenter suggests Bill Clinton would have stopped for the injured police officer.

In another thread the author writes:

Isn’t this the second police officer he’s hurt since being in office?

And another commenter says the officer’s blood is on Bush’s hands.

Comments

Bill Clinton would have stopped…at the officer’s house, to force himself sexually on the officer’s wife.

stonemeister on November 26, 2006 at 8:25 PM

Very very pathetic.

Ouabam on November 26, 2006 at 8:30 PM

These are the same people that refer to the police as fascist pigs,right? The strong arm of the man and all,but now they are all “RIP officer” and such? My god,they really do not have any moral compass at all, more like a moral weather vane that points where ever an ill wind blows.

bbz123 on November 26, 2006 at 8:35 PM

Ian,

With all due respect, do you really care what they are saying at DU?

Jaibones on November 26, 2006 at 8:36 PM

Bush forgot Section 5 of Article II of the Constitution:

“The President shall attend to the medical needs of everyone in his entourage and act as honorary doctor during any medical emergencies experienced by his staff.”

What, there is no Section 5? You’re not reading in between the lines with your special BDS Glasses! Have you no shame?

Seixon on November 26, 2006 at 8:40 PM

How terrible for the young man’s wife and children. Will keep them in my prayers.

robblefarian on November 26, 2006 at 8:49 PM

stonemeister on November 26, 2006 at 8:25 PM

I did hear a car crash last week and I knew W’s plane (AF1) had flown over the Rockies about the same day, so I figured the sunlight gleaming off Air Force One flashed into the drivers eyes and caused the car crash, hurting someone. Damn him, it had to be W’a fault and HE DIDN’T STOP then either.

shooter on November 26, 2006 at 8:50 PM

stonemeister on November 26, 2006 at 8:25 PM

Weird, my ‘quote’ was supposed to have content below that said “you beat me to it, or something similar”….thats why I quoted you Stony, good one.

shooter on November 26, 2006 at 8:53 PM

God bless the officer and his family. I’m sure Bush feels terrible, but that matters little to the ghouls looking to exploit this tragedy.

JammieWearingFool on November 26, 2006 at 8:54 PM

That makes me sick.

Motorcades are allways dangerous. The wackies are just looking for blood. Shame on them.

Dan866 on November 26, 2006 at 8:56 PM

Anyone know where to read what really happened? Motorcades can be dangerous, but not deadly dangerous. How fast could they be going, why was he so badly hurt?
And yes, Bless his family in this horrible time for them.

shooter on November 26, 2006 at 9:00 PM

Why are those sick little f*cks at DU still bitching ad kvetching about everything?

Imagine what would be on that site these days if the Demos had LOST the elections……

Janos Hunyadi on November 26, 2006 at 9:15 PM

Look, if the Dems had lost the election, there’d be rioting in the streets.

ahem on November 26, 2006 at 9:17 PM

Clinton would have stopped…for a haircut.

Donnah on November 26, 2006 at 9:29 PM

God Bless the officer’s family and co-workers.
Screw the DU morons.
Anything to slam Bush, no matter how inappropriate!

MITX on November 26, 2006 at 9:32 PM

I don’t think it’s fair to use the weighty, more authoritative term “Democrats” to refer to DUers. The word “Democrats” carries the implication that you are referring to elected officials or party leaders, who can be explicitly identified as Democrats.

DaveS on November 26, 2006 at 9:53 PM

I’m sorry the office died, especially for his family.

The DUers are the same rats, happily dwelling in the same latrine. Nothing will ever change there.

Entelechy on November 26, 2006 at 10:06 PM

…Bill Clinton would have stopped for the injured police officer.

Seriously. Is there any human being on the planet that shows more compassion for his employees than Bubba? I ‘member this one time, before the iPod, when he was at Ron Brown’s funeral, just joking and laughing with his buddies, trying to keep everybody upbeat, and then a camera focuses in on him and he immediately starts bawling, because he wants everyone to know how sensitive he is. I mean, the man is an empathetic savant! I’ll bet he would’ve lain hands on the poor officer if it weren’t for that VRWC.

Lazarus on November 26, 2006 at 10:12 PM

The Officer Down Memorial Page (ODMP.org) has info on Officer Favela’s accident.

RIP Officer Favela.

Thank you for your service, you will not be forgotten.

F15Mech on November 26, 2006 at 10:22 PM

DaveS on November 26, 2006 at 9:53 PM

Maybe it’s just me, but I always figured that the “Democratic” part in “Democratic Underground” implied that they were in fact Democrats.

ReubenJCogburn on November 26, 2006 at 10:42 PM

LoL… Clinton would have stopped? Not a chance. That would be directly against security protocol. His own personal drivers and guards would never let him stop.

Clinton, and any president, would have done the exact same thing that Bush did.

As far as a trail of dead bodies… Bush has two security police casualties, while Clinton has a long trail of dead associates and collegues stretching clear back to his time as a Governor. …calling the kettle black.

Lawrence on November 26, 2006 at 11:31 PM

As a Professional Driver for the last 20-odd years, from my days as a paramedic in Ford E-350′s to Freightshaker and K-whopper 18-wheelers, with at least a trip to the Moon and back under my belt, plus I owned a Yomammaha Maxim 1200 for a couple of years ’til some old fart in a ’73 LTD put an end to that and gave me a month and a half with my leg in a cast, I feel that I can offer an informed opinion on this…

It was NOT The President’s fault. The cause was either… A: operator error, or 2: A four wheeler.

Either they clipped each other in a curve, or hit a patch of oil and lost control, or something along those lines. Or some old fart in a ’73 LTD plowed into them.

Any bets??

MOMinuteman on November 26, 2006 at 11:44 PM

stonemeister on November 26, 2006 at 8:25 PM

I agree.. the loony left refuse truth and logic..

retired on November 26, 2006 at 11:46 PM

Its Bush’s fault my turkey was dry.

infidel on November 27, 2006 at 12:04 AM

I blame Michael Richards.

Metro on November 27, 2006 at 12:33 AM

It’s not what the local media is saying here in Hawai’i.

I can’t speak for all the media, because I haven’t read and seen all the outlets here in Hawai’i, but from what I’ve seen from KHON, the media has acknowledged that the President has inquired about the officer and expressed grief upon hearing the officers death.

It’s a sad day for everyone here in Hawai’i.

To the family, all our blessings and sympathy.

The Aina has lost a brother and the world has lost Ohana.

Kini on November 27, 2006 at 12:34 AM

I wonder if anyone who voted to place a majority of Democrats in the House and the Senate will ever get their Karma payback for such an idiotic move!

How dumb are people, even people with college degrees and high IQs, when they actually vote moonbats into office under the guise of “a new direction?”

I hope they are enjoying the direction we are now headed in. It is as bad, and even worse, than before.

The inmates are running the asylum.

William

William2006 on November 27, 2006 at 12:38 AM

Man, these people are pathetic! I got a good laugh out of their ignorance of military traditions, ie: Challenge Coins. I find it hilarious how they so desperately try to link it to Charles Dickens and the disconnect of people.

ViperPilot on November 27, 2006 at 12:51 AM

7 December, 1941…

Hickam’s casualties totaled 121 men killed, 274 wounded and 37 missing……..Hickam Field emerged from the attack stronger than before and played an important role in World War II…

I suppose their blood was on FDR’s hands, who just happened to be a Democrat…

These lefties have no shame. They don’t hesitate to denigrate the names of Americans who have given their lives in service to their country, by using them to further their sick leftist agenda.

I wonder if the family of Steve Favela approves of his name being used in such a shameful political ploy.

infidel4life on November 27, 2006 at 1:57 AM

You ninnys haven’t figured it out by now? IT’S IANS FAULT!!

james hooker on November 27, 2006 at 3:43 AM

The least the Honolulu Police should have done is perform a breathalyzer test on Bush to determine if he consumed alcoholic beverages.

It makes no difference if he was driving or not, it only matters that he was present when an accident occurred.

The above logic provided by the Dan Rather/Kinkos School of illogical thought.

Grouper on November 27, 2006 at 5:58 AM

Weren’t they the same cops that worked the crime scene at Ft. Marcy park????

I think Clinton was in the Continental United States when that “accident” went down.

Oh yeah, real safety in knowing that bloated hick bastard.

seejanemom on November 27, 2006 at 6:05 AM

Want to see what the leftards really think of police?

Between Tasers , This Incident, & The Granny Killing , The Thin Blue line has become a lot, lot thinner.

Is it any wonder that the rest of the world sees us as cowboys?

and

Hickey, Diallo, Louima, Dorismond, Busch, Nixon, Reid, Lagutta, Rodreguiz, Newsome, On and on the list goes friend. When do we stop calling it the “work of a few bad officers” and tell it like it is, a pervasive police attitude that regards life as cheap, an arrogance of being guards at an outdoor asylum, a simmering racism, and that they are above it all. I can buy the “few bad officers” for only so long. But when you have example after example of deadly abuses, it isn’t the work of a “few bad cops”, it is a systemic, institutional attitude problem. And frankly, the only cure is to tear the entire institution down and start all over.

There are a couple more choice quotes at DUmmie Land, thread is about the shooting in NY.

William Teach on November 27, 2006 at 8:33 AM