Imam booted from flight doubted Muslims were behind 9/11

posted at 4:02 pm on November 21, 2006 by Allahpundit

U.S. Airways refused to sell him a new ticket this morning so he’s calling for a boycott. And why wouldn’t he? It’s not like there have been any major airborne terrorist attacks in the United States involving Muslims:

Shahin and Saadeddin expressed doubt that Muslims were responsible for the Sept. 11 attack. They also said they don’t trust much of what the FBI has divulged – including the hijackers’ identities…

Shahin of the Tucson Islamic Center said more than 1,200 Muslims died in the World Trade Center catastrophe, and no genuine member of Islam would do such a thing. Nor, he added, would Muslims have gone to strip joints prior to the attack, as several of the terrorists in Florida reportedly did. As for Al-Qaeda nests in America, Shahin said, “All of these, they make it up.”

He also admitted that members of his mosque might have helped out Osama Bin Laden back in the early 1990s, when he was still one of America’s good guys. But once we stopped backing him, they stopped backing him. Scout’s honor.

Did I mention the Hamas connection yet?

This is going to be the best boycott evuh.

Comments

On The Street Reporter: Sir, what do you think about the Muslim boycott of flying in America?

Joe Blow American: Sweeeeeet!

natesnake on November 21, 2006 at 4:08 PM

This is going to be the best boycott evuh.

Should I start holding my breath now?…

BadBrad on November 21, 2006 at 4:08 PM

This speaks to the ideas that – yes, the USA used Bin Laden but the USA can at any time redefine her enemy.

To many people have forgotten this simple notion.

Also, for the Christians out there… as you count your blessings tonight say a prayer for the salvation of Bin Laden, his followers and all Imams.

ar_basin on November 21, 2006 at 4:09 PM

The only thing that would make this story any cooler is if accusations of inappropriate tazering was involved to get these guys off of the plane.

Come on. If there aren’t any reports of tazers being used here, well, can’t you just make it up?

EFG on November 21, 2006 at 4:09 PM

Jihadi airline boycott? What airline is that? Yea, looks like I’m flying US Air from now on…

BadBrad on November 21, 2006 at 4:10 PM

Too bad islamists didn’t boycott american flights on 9/10.

lorien1973 on November 21, 2006 at 4:12 PM

In all seriousness, there appears to be a change in story here from what was reported in other news reports. This article doesn’t mention anything about three imans standing up in the plane itself.

This article says that three imans stood up in the termianl prior to boarding the plane to pray.

I’m not doing this as a gotcha, just pointing out a detail.

EFG on November 21, 2006 at 4:17 PM

Wonder how long before the other airlines pick up on this? Can’t get us for discrimmination if they won’t fly with us. Kind of does away with that whole profiling argument doesn’t it.

LakeRuins on November 21, 2006 at 4:20 PM

If US Air didn’t lose my luggage so often, I might fly them just because he said not to.

E L Frederick (Sniper One) on November 21, 2006 at 4:21 PM

PLEASE boycott the airlines. And while you are at it, how about trains, boats, subways, and go carts while you are at it?

CrimsonFisted on November 21, 2006 at 4:31 PM

The largest estimate I heard was 500 Muslims murdered by their own kind. His new estimate should be 1,981 if you remove the 19 youths who did not hijack the planes and not fly them into the towers.

Valiant on November 21, 2006 at 4:31 PM

ar_basin wrote:

Karl on November 21, 2006 at 4:33 PM

I have always hated that lie about the US giving aid to Osama.

Osama so hated the US he turned down any aid to him from the outside.

The whole thing hangs on the fact the US CIA gave aid to the Pakistani Intelligence and that later on the Pakistani intelligence did aid Osama.

We were naiive to trust the Pakistanis and still are.

William Amos on November 21, 2006 at 4:35 PM

Note to self: buy stock in U.S. Air.

thirteen28 on November 21, 2006 at 4:38 PM

Promises, promises. If only we were so lucky.

Lehosh on November 21, 2006 at 4:39 PM

Did I mention the Hamas connection yet?

Yes you did, but it’s worth repeating a time or sixty.

thirteen28 on November 21, 2006 at 4:40 PM

Shahin of the Tucson Islamic Center said more than 1,200 Muslims died in the World Trade Center catastrophe.

Thre things here;
1) 1,200 muslims out of 3,000 total deaths? (less I guess if that total includes the Pentagon) 1/3 of deaths were muslims? Kinda like muslims are now totaling 1.7 Billion worldwide?…the grow exponentially ,on paper,or in imams minds.
2) TUCSON, Whats up with Arizona lately?

3) Catastrophe? MUCH more like planned out Muslim Isalmafascist hate crime pre-meditated MURDERS!

Shahin , I’ve got your f*$king catastrophe.
I widh they would boycott AMERICA, & just go away.

shooter on November 21, 2006 at 4:49 PM

BadBrad on November 21, 2006 at 4:10 PM

Beat me to it.

NTWR on November 21, 2006 at 4:55 PM

…so, there’s a chance that there’ll be an airline that Islamists and fellow travellers would actually *AVOID*? Is that a marketing bonaza or what?!

“Ham for the inflight meal, ladies. Why the hell not!”

Puritan1648 on November 21, 2006 at 5:12 PM

Tuscon? Reminds me of the Diane Ford bit ” My ancestors crossed the Atlantic, traveled across land at great peril to find a place just as miserable,dry and hot as the place they left”

( she used Germany/Minnesota but you get the idea)

bbz123 on November 21, 2006 at 5:17 PM

This is a local story for two of the Power Line guys and they’re all over it. Don’t forget to go there when you’re done here.

bdfaith on November 21, 2006 at 5:24 PM

Let’s hope they boycott more airlines as well!

januarius on November 21, 2006 at 5:38 PM

Sell them all a one way ticket to Gitmo

Wade on November 21, 2006 at 5:50 PM

ar_basin, I’m not a practicing Christian but I’m gonna say a prayer anyway:
Dear Baby Jesus, Please stop the IslamoFascists from committing any more acts of terror upon innocent civilians and those who do not follow their perverted sense of Islam, Please let them see the light of all humanity and goodness and let them journey forth from the 5th century into time and join the rest of us in this current one. Amen
How’s that for ya ar_by boy?
I’m so stoked that Hadji now gets to experience the inconvenience and hassle at an airport their suppossed “Religon of Peace” has caused the rest of the civilized world to endure. And if they have a Hamas connection, did TSA get a warning about it? Or why aren’t they at Gitmo?

BRYHERB on November 21, 2006 at 6:32 PM

This is great – next time I fly and see a Jihadist on the plane I am going to SCREAM and tell the pilot that the Jihadist was pouring a white powder in his shoe! If they get thrown off of every airline and the Jihadists boycott every airline we will be safe! Praise Allah!!!!!

iam7545 on November 21, 2006 at 9:01 PM

Ban all Muslims from flying! YEAH!

/sensationalist tone

Nonfactor on November 21, 2006 at 9:09 PM

Scene from Mars Attacks.

Don’t run away, Jihadist are your friends.

Kini on November 22, 2006 at 1:05 AM

And at 9:01, iam7545 solves the entire Muslims/planes problem, using nothing but the PC rules of engagement and the bozos’ own petard.

One of the most elegant things I’ve ever seen.

kate q on November 22, 2006 at 2:28 AM

Isn’t that a kind of “You can’t fire me because I quit” sorta thing? I’m mean, how difficult is it to boycott an airline that won’t sell you a ticket in the first place? It’s kind of like deciding not to eat at a restaurant that’s closed for the evening.

jasnell on November 22, 2006 at 3:12 AM

Yeah, the CIA funding Bin Ladin is a myth. The vast majority of CIA/US money and arms when straight to Pakistan’s ISI, who divvied it out as they saw fit. In the late 1980′s and early 1990′s, however, we started developing our own contacts and directly supporting some groups in Afghanistan – bin Ladin wasn’t one of them.

NPP on November 22, 2006 at 9:53 AM

I hope they make a new TV commercial ending with:

US Air. Imam free since 2006.

Kevin M on November 22, 2006 at 10:07 AM

“However, CNN terrorism analyst Peter Bergen says the notion that Osama bin Laden once worked for the CIA is “simply a folk myth” and that there’s no shred of evidence to support such theories.

Richard Miniter compiles more evidence and explains the difference in groups that fought against the Soviets in Afghanistan.”

Karl on November 21, 2006 at 4:33 PM

“I have always hated that lie about the US giving aid to Osama.

Osama so hated the US he turned down any aid to him from the outside.

We were naiive to trust the Pakistanis and still are.”

William Amos on November 21, 2006 at 4:35 PM

“Yeah, the CIA funding Bin Ladin is a myth. The vast majority of CIA/US money and arms when straight to Pakistan’s ISI, who divvied it out as they saw fit. In the late 1980’s and early 1990’s, however, we started developing our own contacts and directly supporting some groups in Afghanistan – bin Ladin wasn’t one of them.

Anyone interested in the history of CIA/USA involvement in Afghanistan needs to read “Ghost Wars” by Steve Cole.”

NPP on November 22, 2006 at 9:53 AM

Hey guys Thxs. I understand your concern; however, since undergrad I’ve learned that you often have to make a point in a sound bite and it must resonate.

That said I will now change my response:

I don’t believe the CIA/USA assisted Bin Laden (the Paki-s yes, look it up); most importantly the USA has and will have the freedom to redefine her enemy at any time - to not do so would be a death wish.

Someone would be stupid to counter – “no we don’t – we should die”

Usually the response I get is a pathetic laughter.

*************

That above and the line or idea that Americans are terrorists really get under my skin. Concerning the latter, if one resolves that Americans are terrorists then I kindly disagree but state for the sake of argument “let the best men win”; ah – we know who that will be.

ar_basin on November 22, 2006 at 10:52 AM

so weird… I didn’t do that… well at least the msg. made it through…

ar_basin on November 22, 2006 at 11:00 AM

Maybe they will get so ticked off at us that they will boycott coming to the U.S. at all!
Sure are gonna miss em!!!

Gooch on November 22, 2006 at 12:31 PM