Video: “Exposed: The Extremist Agenda”

posted at 9:16 am on November 17, 2006 by Allahpundit

‘Tubed, as predicted.

Rusty Shackleford read my last post on Beck and came up with a Venn diagram and analysis of his own. This point is important and worth bearing in mind while you watch:

Jihadis may be either subsets of Salafism or of Khomeinism. Al Qaeda is a Salafist jihad organization. Hizbollah are Khomeinists.

Which brings up a broader point about the roots of two very different problems that we face, and which are often mixed up.

a) The threat of violence from jihadis.
b) The threat of oppression from Islamists.

Comments

a) The threat of violence from jihadis.
b) The threat of oppression from Islamists

Oppression from islam (no matter the subset) would come violently, so I never distinguish the two.

Am I wrong?

SouthernGent on November 17, 2006 at 9:21 AM

May have been Tubed but Kudos to MsUnderestimated for bringing it to me first linking to it in a comment made at this site.

I had to work the night it aired and missed it, but I told my friends at work that one of my internet blogging pals would “punch little buttons and things,” so I could see it when I got home.

iNeXuS on November 17, 2006 at 9:27 AM

Am I wrong?

SouthernGent on November 17, 2006 at 9:21 AM

Oppression assumes that Islam is the dominant religion/government, as in women in Iran are oppressed by the Islamists. (The question remains, are people oppressed if they don’t think they are oppressed? Hard for me to understand, but there have been many cases in European Muslim communities where women have fought to keep the veil.)

honora on November 17, 2006 at 9:33 AM

Fighting to keep the right to wear the veil is one thing (France). Fighting to make it mandatory is another (Ummah).

The Apologist on November 17, 2006 at 9:50 AM

All the inspiration and justification needed for violent jihad is contained in the Koran, so any Muslim who reads the Koran and takes it too seriously is a potential jihadi, regardless of sect.

Am I wrong?

Sharia (Islamic law) is oppressive regardless of how it is established. It doesn’t have to happen through violence. It can happen through the political process, especially if the dhimmis-to-be are blinded by political correctness.

RedWinged Blackbird on November 17, 2006 at 9:57 AM

it will be replayed on Sunday night, says Glen Beck himself… (this morning on his radio show… and he also said he is working on his next special..)

retired on November 17, 2006 at 9:59 AM

For those that watch Fox and Friends in the mornings you are familiar with Mancow, for those who aren’t familiar let’s just say he an outspoken radio personality. Well he will have his own show on Saturday night at 9 pm, (I know shameless plug it’s just that NASCAR thang), and one segment of the show will have one of those “Loose Change” guys sitting across the desk from a NYFD firefighter who was there that day.
Woo Hoooo

LakeRuins on November 17, 2006 at 10:01 AM

Rusty is right.

I have no intention of bending over 5 times a day in America and facing Mecca.

ScottyDog on November 17, 2006 at 10:01 AM

Glenn Beck is my favorite alarmist; it was a great special.

What surprised me is that he was on Rush’s show on Wednesday to promote the special. I don’t recall Rush ever having someone on to promote something (he barely ever has guests at all).

frankj on November 17, 2006 at 10:02 AM

Glen’s TV show is part of the reason that liberal minds are exposed for the insanity they contain. Go Glen.

NRA4Freedom on November 17, 2006 at 10:09 AM

Middle Eastern media is a Truther’s paradise.

CliffHanger on November 17, 2006 at 10:13 AM

I cannot pull up this video. Any suggestions?

locwilliam on November 17, 2006 at 10:16 AM

Glenn Beck is my favorite alarmist; it was a great special.

He PRIDES himself on it, in fact. I think RUSH is FINALLY REALIZING the power he wields—and hopefully will use it for good. I was STUNNED when I heard him (a GUEST!)on RUSH’S show, I almost wrecked the car.

seejanemom on November 17, 2006 at 10:16 AM

Hard for me to understand, but there have been many cases in European Muslim communities where women have fought to keep the veil.) — honora

…I can’t speak to things Islamic, but I can to *MY* people…and there’re women in trailer parks all over America who fight just as fiercely to keep themselves and their kids in the same doublewide with the drunken jerk who beats and berates ’em.

Stockholm syndrome?

Puritan1648 on November 17, 2006 at 10:18 AM

I am grateful to God Almighty for sending His Son to gather His sheep back into the fold. Ephesians 6:10-24 Finally my brethern, be strong in the Lord and the Power of of His might. Put on the whole armor of God, that you may stand against the wiles of the devil. For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against the rulers of darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places. Therefore take up the whole armor of God, that you may be able to withstand the evil day, and having done all to stand. STAND therefore having girded your waist with truth, having put on the breastplate of righteousness, and having shod your feet with the gospel of peace. above all, taking the sheild of faith with which you will be able to quench the all the fiery darts of the wicked one. and take the helmet of salvation, and and the SWORD of the SPIRIT, which is the word of God. praying always with all prayer and supplication for all the saints. I felt this little ditty was relevant,pertinant and oh so appropriate. NOW THATS SOUTHERN COMFORT BABY!

sonnyspats1 on November 17, 2006 at 10:21 AM

honora on November 17, 2006 at 9:33 AM

did you ever think that the women are so opressed is because their education level is lower than that of our troops?

or maybe their brain washed like you? you think that George W connected Saddam to 9/11, so the MSM brain washed you.

or maybe they are forced to do the things they do and are afraid to stand up and say anything becase they fear for there life?

1776 REMEMBER WHY!!!

rocked on November 17, 2006 at 10:25 AM

did you ever think that the women … are forced to do the things they do and are afraid to stand up and say anything becase they fear for there life?

Easy, Rocked. They are not defending their oppression out of fear. They do not perceive it as oppression! These women believe that they are being pious in their religion.

RushBaby on November 17, 2006 at 10:45 AM

Seems he had a good show until the end where he made the same mistake almost all media types do, assuming that what the Islamists and Jihadis are doing is “perverting Islam”. Like maybe he did his research only through the media and never researched the Muslim texts.

P. James Moriarty on November 17, 2006 at 10:49 AM

Islamists do not need to be in power or have a majority to have an oppressive influence. Societies that don’t really believe in anything, or believe in anything except themslves are particulary vulnerable. I won’t name names, but folks who are in an identity crisis will censor themselves when faced with an aggressive ideology.

forest on November 17, 2006 at 11:30 AM

Ok, I appreciate that CNN put this on, but it is only a response to FOX putting on part of Obsession. Obsession is far more significant and is also on YouTube in it’s entirety.

Most of the clips shown were in Obsession (thanks to MEMRI). The interviews were more focused on the point that Moriarty makes. Glenn Beck admits he is playing catch up – like much of the media.

What should be noted is that this did not show on the main CNN channel. What is more is that it is even more watered down than the FOX version.

So don’t get excited – the MSM is not ready to deal, yet.

Agrippa2k on November 17, 2006 at 11:39 AM

Agreed! Understand 1% of 1.8 Billion is a great threat to the U.S. & the world. As for me, I WILL NOT SUBMIT!!!

coachkaz on November 17, 2006 at 11:48 AM

Glenn Beck admits he is playing catch up – like much of the media.

No doubt about it, but that’s actually a pretty big step in the right direction.

RedWinged Blackbird on November 17, 2006 at 11:55 AM

Am I wrong?

You aren’t wrong in that oppression necessarily comes with the backing of implied violence. However, I believe the discussion is of current Islamic tactics for the conquest of the west.

Framed that way, I would see the threat of violence as refers to actual acts of terrorism and war–for instance, events like 9/11/01 or (should it happen) an Iranian nuclear first strike on Israel. These are direct actions aimed at destroying lives and property to weaken non-Muslim states. This is the domain of the Jihadis.

The threat of oppression, on the other hand, does not necessarily entail direct violence, but gradual social incursion and demands for cultural submission backed by the implication of violence. For instance, a television executive who feels compelled not to air a cartoon image of Mohammed due to fear of Islamic retaliation has been effectively oppressed, even though he has not actually experienced a violent act. The threat of violence is necessarily involved, but it is invoked as a conditional form of retaliation should the target fail to submit, not as a direct end in and of itself.

Blacklake on November 17, 2006 at 12:00 PM

Another film to see is “Islam: What the west Needs to Know”.

What does the Khoran say? How did the muslims get all the way to Yugoslavia? Also look for the History Channel’s “Saddam & the Third Reich”.

I get angry with the press and MSM when I think about how little they reveal about these issues. I mean really f**k OJ.

Isn’t it funny how many “because you asked” segments there are on the news now. Like they want to blame us for their bogus reporting.

Say what you want about the BBC – the problem is becoming so serious across the pond that they will have to do a lot more on Islamist. CNN may not follow suit until they feel the pressure to imitate (I don’t think a terrorist attack will do it).

Agrippa2k on November 17, 2006 at 12:27 PM

Liberal media guys. It’s the liberal media.

Grebrook on November 17, 2006 at 1:04 PM

Blacklake on November 17, 2006 at 12:00 PM

Brilliantly stated.

RedWinged Blackbird on November 17, 2006 at 1:10 PM

Agrippa2k on November 17, 2006 at 11:39 AM

Well goody goody for FOX. And on YouTube too, well wup de friggen do. Glenn may have had his show aired long ago if he didn’t have to go thru fire to get it on. He has been telling us about this crap since I can remember, but could not get anyone to give a serious listen. And at least he has the guts to put his name on the story. Who did the Obsession piece? Some ghost producer at FOX. I believe Glen has put his life in danger for doing this, and for that I applaud him. Some people just don’t appreciate anything!

soulsirkus on November 17, 2006 at 2:47 PM

Thanks for posting this.

Glenn Beck is dead right about the ‘yes but’ muslims. They are the enemy dressed up nice for business, but don’t leave them with a room full of impressionable young minds.

ValhallaMike on November 17, 2006 at 3:06 PM

I whole heartedly support everyone who possibly can, seeing this special. However, I thought YouTube is violating copyright laws, or some such Shullbit, when they post network feeds.

Isn’t that what they said about SNL spoofing Peolosi?

Troy Rasmussen on November 17, 2006 at 5:01 PM

Honora,

Is someone in slavery, if they don’t know they are enslaved?

Troy Rasmussen on November 17, 2006 at 5:06 PM

The most amazing and powerful part of Glenn’s special is that it ws aired on an affiliate of al-cnn. Stuff like this isn’t ever heard or seen anywhere on cnn. Just troop deaths and the bullshit drumbeat of ‘quagmire’.

And if you go to Glenn’s site you’ll see the open letter that shows just what the ratings were for Wednesday night. The show mo’ naturally kicked ass. Because it did, we’re going to see a lot more shows like it. And America will be better educated and informed because of it.

I also noticed that FNC is going to re-air their Obsession special this weekend, so the powers that be are starting to notice the market and hunger for this kind of information.

The islamists and jihadis should be very scared right now. Information is the direct antithesis to islam.

Thanks Glenn for having the balls and backbone of steel to stand up, put it all on the line, and speak the plain truth.

techno_barbarian on November 17, 2006 at 5:31 PM

Does Glenn have to do this story?

According to the mainstream media, who (since “Jihad in America” in the ’90’s ran on PBS) have found the topic too terrifying to approach, no one needs to do such stories.

Nor be concerned with the imperialistic jihadist agenda. Or the homicidal Koranic commands that lead to “Allah”-sanctified terrorism (Sura 9:5, et al).

Saudi stockholders vetoing such investigative journalism on the media’s directorships?

So, in the face of such colossal denial, KUDOS to Glenn for showing the cruel innerds of the so-called ‘religion of peace’.

For those who note that Glenn continues to think Islam has been distorted/twisted/perverted by jihadists:

If Islam was ‘hijacked’ it was by Mohammad.

Its orthodox course has simply be resumed by the militants.

They have steered Islam back to its original co-ordinates: the empire-by-the-sword/kill-the-infidels Conquest Mode.

Glenn needs to record the Koran (for a free downloadable audio file to “help spread the dread” from his website) and maybe, as he speaks the “prophet”‘s absrud words onto tape, it’ll dawn on him that the Koran itself is the vengeful playbook of a pedophile warlord, not the Muslim equivalent of the Beatitudes or a Sunni/Shi’ite Songs of Solomon.

Its hard to believe what a sterile and backward and petty and vicious volume it is until you dare to open it.

(Something Mohammad could never do, since he was illiterate. And because the Koran was not collected into a ‘book’ until after his death, so, essentially, he had no idea what his “Recitation” ever turned into.)

Let’s hope the floodgates of hard info about Islam’s dark dogmas will now open in the “No One In Here But Us Chickens” Media.

The West’s studious ignorance on the subject is shameful.

And, if it continues, suicidal.

profitsbeard on November 17, 2006 at 7:43 PM