Video: “Nancy Pelosi” addresses the nation on SNL

posted at 9:00 pm on November 12, 2006 by Allahpundit

It’s all in the eyes. Those unblinking Botoxed saucer eyes…

Comments

More true than you can imagine.

bbz123 on November 12, 2006 at 9:09 PM

As lefty as the SNL crew is, that was pretty damn funny.

infidel4life on November 12, 2006 at 9:20 PM

I haven’t really watched SNL since the 70′s.
When did they switch from comedy to documentary films?

CyberCipher on November 12, 2006 at 9:21 PM

Of course they waited until after the election to make fun of their beloved dems.

Scot on November 12, 2006 at 9:23 PM

That was funny, especially when her real life staff showed up…

Zorro on November 12, 2006 at 9:23 PM

It was funny though.

Scot on November 12, 2006 at 9:29 PM

What’s with the dark suit, Fidel finally kick the bucket?

B Moe on November 12, 2006 at 9:32 PM

Very funny, I thought SNL was somehow banned from ever mocking the left.

NTWR on November 12, 2006 at 9:37 PM

Why do we laugh at people who slip on banana peels?

I wonder about that whenever I see something that hurts, and find myself laughing. This was that kind of funny.

USA all the way!

ValhallaMike on November 12, 2006 at 9:38 PM

Did anyone catch The Simpsons tonight? It was worst than last week. The managed to pull a two-fer: insult the Military on Veteran’s Day Weekend and bash the war in Iraq. Somebody needs to intervene with these morons.

Jiggity on November 12, 2006 at 9:39 PM

Time to satirize the new party in power!

(Or at least their opponents’ view of them…)

Constantine on November 12, 2006 at 9:45 PM

I wish this were a parody.

jman on November 12, 2006 at 9:45 PM

“America has always been a religious nation…so one of my staff members tells me.”

Spit-take funny. The rest was pretty good too. Palamino!

Mallard T. Drake on November 12, 2006 at 9:47 PM

That lady was actually decent looking but Pelosi is simply frightening to look upon let alone looking at her stance on policy.

The skit was funny however.

Yakko77 on November 12, 2006 at 9:49 PM

It was funny enough as stale as SNL has been for, oh, 15 years.

SouthernGent on November 12, 2006 at 10:02 PM

Tonights Simpsons was way, way over the line. Daily Kos poster would show more restraint. Absolutely disgusting.

billy on November 12, 2006 at 10:06 PM

At agriculture… this naked hippie

Opinionnation on November 12, 2006 at 10:08 PM

As lame as SNL has become over the last several years, this skit was pretty funny.

I wonder if there is some kind of law in place for S&M. If I forget the safe word and my master puts me in the hospital, is it her/his fault or mine?

That was a hypothetical question. I don’t get down with Palaminomania.

TheThink on November 12, 2006 at 10:10 PM

that really was very funny
props to SNL

Defector01 on November 12, 2006 at 10:12 PM

We need this type of humor!

It saddens me to think of the change that the Left will attempt to instill in our nation – especially anmnesty for the illegal alien and weakening our military position against known enemies.

This humor lightens the burden, makes me smile as I feel sorrow, a light moment in a period of saddened acceptance of the nation about to enter a period of decline and weakness.

More humor please! We could sure use it about now.

omegaram on November 12, 2006 at 10:34 PM

The “human slave” looked like he could be Markos Moulitsas.

Entelechy on November 12, 2006 at 10:39 PM

As lefty as the SNL crew is, that was pretty damn funny.

infidel4life on November 12, 2006 at 9:20 PM

This is probably the first and the last time I’ll say this, but Constantine nailed it:

Time to satirize the new party in power!

(Or at least their opponents’ view of them…)

Constantine on November 12, 2006 at 9:45 PM

This wasn’t at all a dig at the Democrats… It was mocking our view of the Democrats. They had something later in Weekend Update where they reported Pelosi rushing off to have a late term abortion after her meeting with the President.

RightWinged on November 12, 2006 at 10:41 PM

True enough, but the fact is that it inadvertantly revealed a lot of truth about the Democrats. Therefore the parody of Republicans beliefs about the Democrats became an actual parody of the Democrats.

Coyote D. on November 12, 2006 at 10:57 PM

That was my take on it too. However, I wonder how many viewers caught that? Probably not many. It just might have offended some Democrats.

thedecider on November 12, 2006 at 10:58 PM

That made me laugh. Then after the brief chuckle….I felt the walls closing in on me. Dear God, they have control of the house and the senate…this may not be that funny after all. Lets just hope Lieberman gets tired of that I next to his name and chooses a much more appealing R.

fightingirish24 on November 12, 2006 at 11:00 PM

I f***ing loathe youtube. I’m lucky to get half of the videos to load quickly. I don’t know why–I’m using high speed.

jaleach on November 12, 2006 at 11:03 PM

RightWinged on November 12, 2006 at 10:41 PM

RW, I agree with you and the others…although that’s not to say that “our” view of the Dems and who they really are are all that divergent…
that’s why this is funny and not-funny at the same time.
The electorate, however, didn’t elect these Leftist Democrats, they thought they were electing Jacksonian Democrats that ran as “moderates” or “centrists” that are pro-war and pro-American values like pro-gun, anti-abortion, pro-Christian, etc.
Something’s gotta give–either what the governed want and what they were voting for or what the politicos wanted but chose to hide during the campaign.
There’s gonna be a trainwreck somewhere, but it’s hard to say where and when. Stay tuned.

Jen the Neocon on November 12, 2006 at 11:44 PM

I liked the chairmen — Che and the drummmer from Rage Against the Machine.

“SNL” might have a renaissance making fun of this crew.

Ali-Bubba on November 12, 2006 at 11:47 PM

I did’nt see it as making fun of our views of them. It seemed like a pretty clear hit on San Fransisco liberals to me.

Scot on November 13, 2006 at 12:09 AM

and thats exactly why this skit is even more hilarious…the fact that nobody realized it was a parody of the right’s deranged view of liberals until like halfway through the thread is like another joke on top.

crr6 on November 13, 2006 at 1:11 AM

crr6, don’t kid yourself. Just knowing the show’s the “crown jewel” of NBC’s enough–who could be more in bed with the DNC?
All of the MSM skews Left but none more so than NBC, by a hair’s breadth than the others.

Jen the Neocon on November 13, 2006 at 1:19 AM

Pelosi hasn’t looked that good since the Roosevelt Administration (Teddy).

Jim Treacher on November 13, 2006 at 1:46 AM

“Time to satirize the new party in power!

(Or at least their opponents’ view of them…)

Constantine on November 12, 2006 at 9:45 PM”

PALAMINO!!!

georgej on November 13, 2006 at 2:14 AM

If they were making fun of conservatives, why did the audience cringe at some of the jokes? My guess is that it hit a little too close to home.

Scot on November 13, 2006 at 2:26 AM

It occured to me the other day that if Pelosi has one more facelift, she’ll be wearing a goatee.

james hooker on November 13, 2006 at 3:06 AM

Someone else said it best when they said Saturday Night Live was always funnier when the audience starts out laughing, and then slowly realizes that its being made fun of.

missjeanette on November 13, 2006 at 4:54 AM

That was creepy, yet probably accurate.

Laney on November 13, 2006 at 8:00 AM

Pelosi looks alot more intense & insane than that.

stevezilla on November 13, 2006 at 8:21 AM

I haven’t really watched SNL since the 70’s.
When did they switch from comedy to documentary films?

My thoughts exactly.

TwinkietheKid on November 13, 2006 at 8:48 AM

FINALLY! Some real humor, instead of the left-leaning rant that made me switch over to MadTV.

Man, I wish I had there job. It seems they do one episode per month.

Palomino!

budorob on November 13, 2006 at 9:38 AM

Let Palimino! become the new call-to-arms whenever the donks overstep their bounds…

Hey, it might work.

jstueve on November 13, 2006 at 9:44 AM

Proof that Rush was 100% right about her values. She is such a class act a hole.

Most telling quote “at least 12 years of age”.

For all you moderates who helped institute this by voting for “change”…. Ready… Set…. Puke… Repeat.

RalphyBoy on November 13, 2006 at 11:19 AM

Looks like EweTube has yanked this vid. Anyone got a backup link?

SaidinUnleashed on November 13, 2006 at 1:35 PM

HMMMMMM. . . .

This video has been removed at the request of copyright owner NBC Universal because its content was used without permission.

And I didn’t even get to see it.

Troy Rasmussen on November 13, 2006 at 1:39 PM

Yeah, it’s hilarious that she lists all the ways in which Pelosi et al would fully transform America into a self-hating, nihilistic, freak show and that the audience laughs approvingly. Just a riot.

Lazarus on November 13, 2006 at 2:01 PM

I hope someone else has the video somewhere… I wanted to show my husband but it had already been taken down from YouTube.

Laney on November 13, 2006 at 7:32 PM