Video: Matthews begs Dean to cut and run more quickly from Iraq

posted at 3:02 pm on November 9, 2006 by Allahpundit

I missed this on Tuesday but Newsbusters rescued it from history’s scrap heap. Can it really be that Olbermann isn’t the most liberal newsbot on MSNBC? Judge for yourself.

Speaking of which, are you curious to know what happens when the voices in Olby’s head tell him it’s time for another Special Comment? All is revealed at dKos!

Update: MSNBC was the channel of choice at Democratic HQ, boasts a proud Chris Matthews.

Comments

Wow… It was like listening to two drunken retards argue about who is the bigger Skynard fan. Morons.

x95b10 on November 9, 2006 at 7:51 PM

georgej wrote:

The Democrats openly went to war with the rest of America starting in 2000 when Gore started the recount nonsense resulting in the US Supreme court intervening. From that day on, the Democratic Party has been calling Bush illegitimate and that everything he did after that the same. They refused to “get over it” and work with the Republicans.

Have you forgotten this?

No, my friend. I haven’t forgotten at all.You speak the plain truth, and very well. I completely agree with you. You’ve got it exactly right.

However, my thinking is that, while I would personally like to verbally pound the shit out of the majority of my fellow Americans right now, to do so would be unproductive.

They’re never going to reach out to us. Not honestly. Not until they actually take a good hard look at the problem and conclude that what we’re doing right now in the War On Terror actually is the most viable strategy. And the one with the best chance for success.

Unlike aq, hamas, dinnerjacket, and lil kim, I think that eventually the sane dems might actually be capable of coming to the table, leaving their knives in their sheaths, and honor their words and honestly work with the other side. Rather than just prancing around like gloating adolescents, as they’re currently doing.

The big cruel world is going to have to be the one that does the teaching. They’re not interested in listening to us right now.

Time is of the essence. Wiser that we get past our own egos and start trying to teach them with facts and examples rather than hyperbole and vitriol. Not aiming that at you, specifically because you do that well, but at all of us who consider ourselves sane and informed.

As I said. Much respect. We’ve got a lot of work to do.

techno_barbarian on November 9, 2006 at 8:59 PM

georgej wrote:

They worked to sabotage the war on terrorism. They did it for partisan gain. It’s not ‘tit for tat’ to hold them accountable for it. It’s not ‘tit for tat’ to work to correct the situation and punish the saboteurs.

That ship has sailed my friend. Personally I don’t think you could’ve asked for more textbook perfect examples of unpunished treason than we’ve seen during this 6 year period… well, except for Teddy working with the soviets to sell us out… that one was a whopper. But I digress.

I know perfectly well what we’re dealing with. But there is no chance in hell people like armitage will be brought to justice for causing the whole stupid distration known as the plame game. Not now. We had the chance, but our voices and views were only heard on am radio and on the internet. Not even at the much hated FNC, (which is going bluer by the minute).

Short of open anarchy our only hope is to keep making as much sense to as many of them as we can. Libs are a sensitive and emotional bunch. They really are. That’s a monster of a broad brush, but I think there’s truth in it.

Dems want to do good (the ones that aren’t open traitorous enemy-within fools). They want to think they’re helping. That’s the attraction. But they don’t think things through and more often than not absolutely refuse to go out and do some actual fact-checking.

I’m not saying be ‘nice’ to them. I’m a professional communicator, and the main goal of effective communication is to know your audience and target your message and tone appropriately.

One thing I’ve learned is that until you open the ears and eyes, the shields are gonna stay up.

techno_barbarian on November 9, 2006 at 9:10 PM

distration = distraction

techno_barbarian on November 9, 2006 at 9:16 PM

Where’s the plan ? The Democrats don’t have a plan? Why don’t the Democrats have a plan? They had time to make a plan. But they clearly don’t have a plan ! Where’s the PLAN MR. DEAN ?
Why aren’t you telling us the PLan ? How can you lead without a plan? You are totally incompetent because you don’t have a plan ! You’ve spent the last four years criticizing the President for not having a Plan….. and now YOU DON’T have a Plan ! When are you going to have a plan MR. DEAN ? Why don’t you have a plan MR. Dean ?

Maxx on November 9, 2006 at 10:29 PM

Maxx on November 9, 2006 at 10:29 PM

Man, I wish you were a big network news anchor.

techno_barbarian on November 9, 2006 at 11:06 PM

The only plan they have is to get us out of Iraq while Bush is still in office, that way it looks like we lost a war with a Pubbie president so as to better their chance of winning the White House in ’08. That’s all this is about and they know it. But, they fail to understand that Bush is still CinC and he’s not gonna withdrawl out troops from Iraq just because Congress wants him to.

Besides, now that they’re runnin’ things in Congress, you watch, all of a sudden they’re gonna come to the conclusion that we CAN’T just leave Iraq to the terrorists.

Next, they’re gonna come up with a ‘plan’. It’ll be: Train Iraq’s new police and army to take over security duties from us. Hhhmmmmmmm … that sounds exactly like what we ARE doing! See, this is why they use a JACKASS as their party symbol! Jackass Nancyboys.

BTW Techno, I read this whole screen and you my friend get the gold medal for best liberal smack down.

Tony737 on November 10, 2006 at 5:44 AM

Correction, not all of a sudden, they’ve always known we can’t just pull out, hence their NO vote when it was brought up in session last year.

Tony737 on November 10, 2006 at 5:50 AM

No I’m not, actually. I realize that this is a new kind of warfare. I also realize that Iraq was the perfect training ground for it. And contrary to what you might be hearing from our green zone hotel newscorp, our troops have adapted and are VERY adept at fighting this war. The real challenge to me is getting the American People to take our military off their leash and let them fight like they need to. A lot of them are dying because we’ve established very foolish and counterproductive rules of engagement. That needs to change.

It’s hard. It’s going to be hard for a very long time. The sooner we realize what it takes to win, and do it, the sooner we can get all this unpleasantness over with.

The answer is strength. Our troops have proven they can be both strong AND compassionate. They’re not wanton killers. They’re the very finest people this Nation has. And with this election, their jobs are now an order of magnitude harder.

techno_barbarian on November 9, 2006 at 5:26 PM

I don’t think you have addressed my question: if the Shiite and the Sunni are intent on killing each other, and we are in the cross-fire, against whom exactly do we unleash more military power? Malaki, who is our guy, at least for now, has pretty much shown where his allegiance lies, so do we back him and help him put down the Sunnis, thereby handing that freak Sadr a great big victory?

I understand your point about more power, but the question remains–against whom? (This would be the “aim” part of “ready, aim, fire” ) It just seems to me that history tells us it’s whole lot easier to crush opponents militarily than it is to change minds.

There are a lot of IMO nuts on the RW who basically say “just bomb the hell of all of them”; well, ok, but that rather obviates our claim of having released the Iraqis from terror.

It will be interesting to see what James(why won’t you people let me retire) Baker has to say about this. Did you know there is not one military person on that commisssion? Odd.

honora on November 10, 2006 at 9:57 AM

It’s worth noting that the exit polling showed that of the folks voting, 20% self identified as liberals, 47% as moderates, 32% as conservatives. The moderates went Democratic 60%. The point being, clinging to the notion that liberals bounced the Republicans is wrong-headed. (And seriously, read some of the messages on this thread. Now who is it that is emotional?)

honora on November 10, 2006 at 10:13 AM

That’s their way of saying they’re dirt people, too fucking stupid to deal with that totally foreign Democracy concept.

Which isn’t at all racist. Because it’s a Democrat notion.

Pablo on November 9, 2006 at 5:57 PM

Honestly, where do you get this stuff? Tribal does not mean “dirt people”, by which I presume you mean savages. It means that Iraqis–Sunnis, Shiites, Kurds–have more allegiance to their ethnic and hereditary commonality than to any sense of nation. Who doesn’t know this?

honora on November 10, 2006 at 10:24 AM

honora

Wheres the link????

Until you give proof that W linked Saddam to 9/11 Then every word that you type is a lie!!

1776 Remember Why!!

rocked on November 10, 2006 at 2:29 PM

honora

Wheres the link????

1776 Remember Why!!

rocked on November 10, 2006 at 2:29 PM

In the 2004 election, polls showed that about 60% of Americans thought Saddam had something to do with 9/11. (Find the poll info yourself, it was well publicized.)Where do you think they got that idea? From the evil MSM? From traitorous Dems? Use your head.

honora on November 10, 2006 at 2:35 PM

honora

I am using my head, thats why I know that W never never never linked Saddam to 9/11….he did link Saddam to terrorist activities in the sense that he paid money to the family for a terrorist to strap on a bomb and blow babies up!

So it is proven that you don’t even know the truth, you must have gotten your point about Saddams link to 9/11 from the MSM!

I don’t want a poll, I want a video…a poll proves nothing…so go ahead and spread you lies but remember they will come back to haunt you.

1776 Remember Why!!

rocked on November 10, 2006 at 2:48 PM

honora

1776 Remember Why!!

rocked on November 10, 2006 at 2:48 PM

Like I said, look it up yourself. Or don’t. Gotta run, those lies don’t spread themselves.

honora on November 10, 2006 at 4:25 PM

honora

your right about one thing those lies don’t spread themselves….they have people like you to spread them…don’t you feel special?

Liars like you have a YELLOW streak for a BACKBONE and don’t realize where your freedom came from!!!!

1776 Remember Why!!!