Ted Rall: Democratic victory a disaster

posted at 6:09 pm on November 8, 2006 by Allahpundit

Because it gives Bush an excuse to open those death camps he’s been building for liberals:

In January 2006 HomeSec awarded a $385 million contract to Kellogg, Brown and Root, the subsidiary of Halliburton Co., to build “temporary detention and processing capabilities”–internment camps–“in the event of an emergency influx of immigrants into the U.S., or to support the rapid development of new programs.”

The question, asks Progressive magazine editor Ruth Conniff, “is what is the government planning to do with mass roundups of people?” After all, Bush and other Republican leaders have spent five years calling Democrats and others who disagree with them traitors and terrorists. Following so much hateful rhetoric, you can’t blame liberals for wondering whether they too are about to be declared “enemy combatants.” They’re not paranoid; they’re just paying attention…

As ugly secrets surface, Bushists will turn desperate. Democracy has failed their grand schemes; token resignations like Rumsfeld’s come too little, too late. Only tyranny can save their skins. Will the beleaguered neocons led by Cheney and Bush, cornered like rats, unleash their brand-new police state on their political opponents? Or will they tough it out and suck up the fines and prison sentences to come? The next year or two could go either way.

The nightmare is not over.

No wonder the GOP is pressuring Allen to concede. With a liberal Senate in place, he finally has the pretext he needs.

So there’s your answer, Jim.

Comments

Dear God, Ted really is stuck on stupid.

EFG on November 8, 2006 at 6:12 PM

He’s right. You don’t know about the death camps we’ve been preparing?

AtomicAmish on November 8, 2006 at 6:15 PM

You’re kidding me right?

vcferlita on November 8, 2006 at 6:17 PM

I wondered what the government was hiding under that 666 acre blue tarp down the road.

Limerick on November 8, 2006 at 6:20 PM

why don’t we just say Ted Rall is an idot and let it go at that.

tarpon on November 8, 2006 at 6:20 PM

Wow, that’s not deranged at all…

Opinionnation on November 8, 2006 at 6:20 PM

Death camps eh?…There goes Bush creating more jobs!

EnochCain on November 8, 2006 at 6:22 PM

Nazca Lines, Pyramids, Fake Moon Landing, Area 51, this is what makes life worth living folks. Great camp fire stories.
Ooops maybe I shouldn’t have said camp fire.

Limerick on November 8, 2006 at 6:22 PM

Oh brother! …and the electorate voted for 2 years of rule by these nut jobs. I ache for this once great nation; we are choosing to become the world’s pathetic laughing-stock.

May God grant us an emerging conservative leader that will lead the charge to turn the rising tide that threatens our shores.

SunnyBrook on November 8, 2006 at 6:23 PM

Teddy,Teddy Teddy.the camps are for people who actually pose a credible threat.
Don’t worry your greasy litle head about it dear,you don’t matter.

bbz123 on November 8, 2006 at 6:23 PM

Ted Rall:

But our long national nightmare has just begun.

No, not for Ted. In Ted’s mind, we have always had this nightmare. If you asked Ted about any time in our history; 1990s, 80s, 70s, 60s, 50s, etc, it was all gloomy, with ravenousl capitalism and evil fat cats and imperialism.

This is nothing new for Ted.

And this nightmare will never lift for Ted either.

The thing is, this nightmare doesn’t lead to Ted being afraid. He says he is, but I don’t believe him. For Ted, this nightmare leads to smugness. Because he is the smart one who can see through it all, where as fools like us aren’t able to measure up to his level of intellect. And so he feels smugly superior to all those who just don’t quite get it.

EFG on November 8, 2006 at 6:25 PM

EFG > > You’re enlightened!

Griz on November 8, 2006 at 6:28 PM

Burqas for all my men!

seejanemom on November 8, 2006 at 6:28 PM

Dear God, Ted really is stuck on stupid.

EFG on November 8, 2006 at 6:12 PM

Ted Rall only has two gears in that brain of his.

Stupid and Insane. So he isnt stuck on stupid all the time.

William Amos on November 8, 2006 at 6:31 PM

Back in 2001 and 2002, state-controlled media called me radical. Now, with most Americans seeing things my way, I’m mainstream. Yet I’m more scared now.

No Ted, back in 2001 we all called you retarded, and most Americans still think that.

B Moe on November 8, 2006 at 6:31 PM

His Opinion is worth less than his cartoons.

Texyank on November 8, 2006 at 6:33 PM

Hmmm … this conjures up in my mind “The March of War” in South Park: Bigger, Longer, and Uncut, except instead we will call all liberals to report to a Death Camp … did I say death camp? I meant Happy Camp!

Eat Snacky Smores.

thirteen28 on November 8, 2006 at 6:40 PM

Ted Rall only has two gears in that brain of his.
Stupid and Insane. So he isnt stuck on stupid all the time.
William Amos

I think somehow someone jammed the switch in between and he ended up as both

Defector01 on November 8, 2006 at 6:42 PM

Someone commission this jerk to cartoon some pics of Mohammed and rid us of his drivel permanently…please!

SunnyBrook on November 8, 2006 at 6:42 PM

I’ve got an SUV we can use for the round-up….and a bullhorn……Nope…disregard my last…Mother Horseface made off with it.

seejanemom on November 8, 2006 at 6:43 PM

The very thought gives the Ted Rall types a stiffy.

EF on November 8, 2006 at 6:44 PM

well, at least he’s right about the democrats being traitors.

Starblazer on November 8, 2006 at 6:44 PM

Damn it!! How did they find out about the death camps?? Who leaked this information? I’m so tired of these leaks – that’s why we need a police state and internment camps – to keep order.

Rick on November 8, 2006 at 6:47 PM

Achtung Colonel Rick
I have nu eedeyah how the secrets got out of ze stockade!

Defector01 on November 8, 2006 at 6:49 PM

They’re not paranoid;

They’re beyond paranoid.

Megan on November 8, 2006 at 6:50 PM

PROPHET CARTOONS, ALL OF THEM, in all their glory. ENJOY!!Spread the wealth far and wide. And don’t say I never gave you anything.

seejanemom on November 8, 2006 at 6:50 PM

Rick!

Shhh…they don’t know the details and are just on a fishing expedition! Plead the 5th bro, plead the 5th. We don’t know NOTHIN’ ’bout it. NOTHIN! If word gets out, we’ll be unable to spirit them away secretly one at time. Our painstaking years of effort will be in vain!

SunnyBrook on November 8, 2006 at 6:53 PM

i called it at ten this morning in this thread.

jummy on November 8, 2006 at 6:55 PM

Reading Ted Rall is like reading a Left Wing, unhinged William Lind. Don’t get me wrong, I read Mr. Lind religiously whenever I get the chance; he’s the best at writing worst-case scanarios I’ve ever found. Ted, however, lacks something essential: a firm grasp of reality. William Lind is, in my opinion, a little paranoid after years of serving his country and watching it shift ever leftward. Paranoid, but brilliant (read his documents on Fourth Generation War sometime). Rall, on the other hand, firmly believes that he is living in the Evil Empire and that he is about twenty seconds from having jackbooted thugs knock down his door and drag him off to manditory Bible Camp. He used to do some pretty good analysis on what he called “the Stans,” mostly ignored central asian countries, but in the past few years he has gone nuttier and nuttier. I think, in the end, he may be nothing more than an international socialist who feels terribly threataned by nationalistic stirrings in this country and is responding by throwing what he can against the wall and seeing if it sticks. Or he could just be one of those wierdos who gets off on their own predictions of doom and gloom, ever convinced the end of the world is JUST around the corner and that they are the only ones who can see it. And won’t we all be sorry when it happens and we didn’t listen to his sage advice…

Militant Bibliophile on November 8, 2006 at 6:56 PM

Like most nightmares, Ted Rall’s are all in his head.

The man is not only mentally ill, but has been so for years.

For a while there I though his cartoons were just a juvenile oppositional-defiant mind game, but instead it appears the man may actually have a mind so fractured that when he looks at a tree he sees a shaggy giant stalking him, and when he looks at a car its eyes seem to follow him…

Merovign on November 8, 2006 at 6:56 PM

“uh, ted rall is clearly a rovian false flag operation…”

jummy on November 8, 2006 at 6:56 PM

I wanna live in Ted Rall’s world. I want to see the raids, the trains, the camps full of liberals. I want to see the fear on Ted’s face as his overstuffed cattle car pulls into Moonbat Correction Camp #7. I want to see the trepidation as he begins to appreciate the neocon horrors that Rove has in store for him. I want to hand him his first cup of thin, bitter gruel. I want to shove him into a tiny, filthy cage and slam the door behind him. And then I want to laugh my very evilest maniacal laugh.

Just, you know, to understand where he’s coming from.

Pablo on November 8, 2006 at 7:00 PM

The poor boy thinks he’s mainstream. Does he also think the girls at the strip club really DO dig him, with or without the folded bills?

SailorDave on November 8, 2006 at 7:01 PM

Works for me.

JackM on November 8, 2006 at 7:10 PM

…you can’t blame liberals for wondering whether they too are about to be declared “enemy combatants.”

What does he mean by “about to”?

JackM on November 8, 2006 at 7:11 PM

It always amuses me how afraid liberals are of Halliburton/KBR. A family member of mine worked on the Saturn V rocket at the Michoud Operations, always wondering why they had to pump the mud and muck of the swamp out of the hangar while they worked. Why? Why build in a swamp? Soon the rest of the swamp was developed. Well, it turns out that the surrounding swampland was owned by LadyBird Johnson and the Johnsons held stock in KBR (the Root part of KBR). Some environmentalist! This would be an interesting topic for a blogger to research, I’ve tried but the connections seem to have been purged from the web and the tax-man cometh, I must break some more rocks or I might not receive my potato ration for the winter…

NTWR on November 8, 2006 at 7:14 PM

Ted, you magnificent bastard, keep saying stupid stuff.

I live for this.

JackM on November 8, 2006 at 7:20 PM

Wow, I haven’t heard anything from piece of shit Ted Rall for a long time. He is more stupid than a frog.

Stankleberry on November 8, 2006 at 7:26 PM

NTWR:

I work for a competitor of Halliburton in the oilfield services biz. Obviously our bid for the death camp project didn’t meet the strict federal contracting guidelines. We proposed three strands of razor wire on the perimeter. Halliburton low-balled and went with two. Never trust a government death camp that went to the lowest bidder.

SailorDave on November 8, 2006 at 7:41 PM

…now…just because he’s a delusional paranoid doesn’t mean that there mightn’t actually be people out to get him.

…by the way, can one of you fellow evil conservatives take my place in the west tower of the death camp…I’m still clearing up after a long night of suppressing the vote….

Heil Halliburton! Heil Diebold! Die Fahne hoch….

Puritan1648 on November 8, 2006 at 7:49 PM

…bummer…is it a minority own death-camp business?

Sell to an Arab….

Puritan1648 on November 8, 2006 at 7:54 PM

“Oh, yeah. Come see the violence inherent in the system! Help, I’m bein’ repressed!”

Jaibones on November 8, 2006 at 7:58 PM

Careful there, Rall. Bush say you belong to a religion of peace! Or maybe he’ll say that you have family values. And then he could even say that leftists will do jobs that (real) conservatives won’t do (support his “comprehensive immigration reform”). Keep it up, and he’ll grant you amnesty!

Megan on November 8, 2006 at 7:59 PM

Where do I sign up?

Viper1 on November 8, 2006 at 8:00 PM

Ted Rall’s cartoons were regularly passed around during the Desert Shield/Desert Storm time frame; sailors always seem to love a sick joke.

It was much harder to stomach his ravings after 9/11, though. He was among the first moonbats to drop any pretense of national unity, and clearly the most stupidly, insanely paranoid. Of course, it could be he doesn’t believe any of it, and is just after the paycheck.

So which it is, Red Ted? Buffoon, or whore?

Freelancer on November 8, 2006 at 8:01 PM

He can’t even stick with his idiotic “prediction.” “They might be evil, but maybe they’re not!” He gets paid for this? Rall’s weather report: Maybe it will rain tomorrow, or it could be sunny. Rall on sports: If the home team doesn’t win, the visitors will. His traffic report: Traffic could be bad, or it could be okay.

Megan on November 8, 2006 at 8:11 PM

and the electorate voted for 2 years of rule by these nut jobs.

Sadly, you will need to put a 2 or 3 in front of that.

SouthernGent on November 8, 2006 at 8:37 PM

Rall has more father issues than all the characters on Lost put together.

Jim Treacher on November 8, 2006 at 8:53 PM

None of the above Ted. You will promoted to Minister Of Paranoia by your new Islamic Masters.

infidel4life on November 8, 2006 at 9:32 PM

It’s really sad to think that this moron actually gets paid for writing his fecal matter.

JayVee on November 8, 2006 at 9:47 PM

…Ted Rall is a pustule…crying out for a pin….

Puritan1648 on November 8, 2006 at 9:47 PM

Just for that little temper tantrum, Teddy, your cell is having the padding removed.

We figured you’d just sit in there and beat your head against the wall, making a gooey mess. Well, now you’ll have to mop up what little brains you have left that might leak out of that pointy head.

(hint to everyone: Rall is a complete and utter moron).

Spider Dan on November 8, 2006 at 9:59 PM

As Cary Grant says in Arsenic and Old Lace, in Ted Rall’s family, “insanity doesn’t run, it positively gallops!” (I know, really old movie reference, but it fits so well…)

Athanasius on November 8, 2006 at 10:00 PM

Are we giving Ted Rall nightmares?

BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!

Good.

CrimsonFisted on November 8, 2006 at 11:18 PM

Rall was on a radio talk show several months ago (Michael Medved). Talking about the death penalty, he said he was absolutely against any death penalty. The talk turned to Bush and Karl Rove – Rall, seeing no irony, stated that Karl Rove should be executed as a traitor to the country. Rall is nothing more than a Stalinist. I f he had the chance we would find ourselves in labor camps.

Kevin R on November 8, 2006 at 11:22 PM

elgeneralisimo for one applauds Ted Rall…

He’s managed to turn his psychotic episodes into cash instead of being “that weird homeless guy” with the shopping cart, constantly stalked by “the others”; that’s no small feat for… well… such a raving nutter…

elgeneralisimo on November 8, 2006 at 11:47 PM

NO ONE can be so stupid as to believe wild crap like that. Rall is an entertainer, as is Olbermann. I didn’t say good entertainers, but entertainers notheless.

gmoonster on November 9, 2006 at 12:15 AM

And I thought all those that left the country could now return. Guess they have to wait a little longer…!!!!!!

msflea on November 9, 2006 at 7:28 AM

Yeah, whatever… Olbermann is still free to roam about the country. So is Rosie. If those two idiots are still around, then Bush can’t be too serious about locking people up.

E L Frederick on November 9, 2006 at 7:59 AM

I am quite entertained by this thread. :) Props to all of the submitters!

Dave Shay on November 9, 2006 at 8:42 AM

You’re right, Ted! He’s building death camps! DEATH CAMPS, I tell you!! Run, Ted! Run for your life! Take as many liberal Democrats as you possibly can, and escape to Mexico before the fence goes up!

morganfrost on November 9, 2006 at 8:43 AM

I take full responsibility for Ted. A few years ago we tried to mount a frickin’ “Laser” on his frickin’ head and we drilled the mounting holes a little too deep; Ted hasn’t been right ever since, not that he was all that sharp to begin with.

Have an Evil day.

DrEvil on November 9, 2006 at 10:30 AM

One has to wonder… Who would work in these death camps? Are these jobs that Americans are willing to do? ;-)

lan astaslem on November 9, 2006 at 11:51 AM

You know, Ted seems to have this Messiah complex. He wants to be right about the GOP being evil, and he wants to suffer for his beliefs.

I think that he believes that suffering for your beliefs is the only way to affirm them.

mikeomatic on November 9, 2006 at 6:24 PM

To expand on my last statement – Ted isn’t projecting. He’s actively looking to be persecuted; he WANTS to be persecuted for his beliefs, because that would confirm for him their validity.

mikeomatic on November 9, 2006 at 6:26 PM

Keep in mind that the best way to hide something is to hide it in plain sight.

Emmett J. on November 9, 2006 at 9:54 PM