Video: Dhiren Barot’s footage of the World Trade Center

posted at 12:46 pm on November 7, 2006 by Allahpundit

He was sentenced today to a minimum of 40 years for — well, for everything. Dirty bombs, exploding gas tankers, train plots, research on chemical and biological warfare: the Independent ticks them off one by one. Where was he trained? Where else?

Here’s the video they played at his trial; I downloaded it from the Metropolitan Police website in the expectation that Drudge will end up linking and overwhelm their server. There are eight clips there, of which four have been stitched together here. Prosecutors believe the footage was shot in early April 2001, but that Barot wasn’t connected to 9/11. Rather, they think this was to be used in a bombing plot that was shelved after the big one — and then revived in 2004. Says the Blotter:

According to U.S. law enforcement officials, al Qaeda had targeted a number of important financial buildings, including the Citigroup buildings and New York Stock Exchange in New York City, the Prudential Financial building in northern New Jersey and the International Monetary Fund and World Bank buildings in Washington, D.C.

ABC News also reported that the intelligence was obtained following the seizure in Pakistan of a computer that contained highly detailed surveillance reports prepared by al Qaeda operatives casing the targets, both outside and inside, morning, noon and night.

The surveillance seemed so detailed that the FBI at the time decided to investigate the possibility of an inside job.

What they don’t tell you is the name of the person at whose behest Barot’s footage was allegedly shot and how the information leading to his arrest was obtained. For that you’ll have to revisit this post.

Two things to watch for. First, the text at the beginning of the clip, which was added by Barot himself. And second, the sound effect he provides towards the end.

Comments

The person shooting the video seems to be running away from something.

Ouabam on November 7, 2006 at 12:52 PM

I’ve never visited NY, but I still can’t look at the skyline and not see the towers. In 20 years, will people even know they were ever there?

lorien1973 on November 7, 2006 at 12:53 PM

Couldn’t happen to a nicer guy.

Kini on November 7, 2006 at 1:02 PM

minimum of 40 years = out in four?

EF on November 7, 2006 at 1:02 PM

Note the fixation on the fire department, and then the emergency vehicles. Hard not to read into it, after-the-fact, and it may very well mean nothing, but it is interesting nonetheless.

nukemhill on November 7, 2006 at 1:07 PM

I bet Dhiren Barot, like Constantine and Honora, are rooting for the Democrats today.

januarius on November 7, 2006 at 1:12 PM

of course they are januarius, they want to vote for democrats that want to 1)raise taxes 2)”Cut & Run” from Iraq 3)stop listening to terrorist calls to plan attacks against us 4)give them constitutional rights to their terrorist buddies 5)give amnesty to those who come here illegally & of cousre want to appease terrorists around the world, so why wouldn’t they vote for democrats when they themselves want all this to happen?

Starblazer on November 7, 2006 at 1:25 PM

and of course to kill the “Patriot Act” because you know that it violates civil liberties of liberals & their terrorist buddies in this country, even though liberals have no proof whatsoever that the Patriot Act has violated their civil rights and yet there hasn’t been an attack on the U.S. for 5 years now.

Starblazer on November 7, 2006 at 1:31 PM

Of course they are rooting for them. Didn’t you know it was our fault that they attacked us? If we weren’t in Iraq today, they wouldn’t have attacked us back then.

rightside on November 7, 2006 at 1:33 PM

nukemhill on November 7, 2006 at 1:07 PM

I noticed the same thing. And on the Jewish center.

StephC on November 7, 2006 at 1:38 PM

He’s just expressing his religious freedom Allah, lay off the guy.

RightWinged on November 7, 2006 at 1:41 PM

Somebody’s gotta say it: I question the timing. This sentence and subsequent press coverage is obviously some Rovian plot. I’ll bet Diebold is knee-deep in this ploy also.

hillbillyjim on November 7, 2006 at 1:41 PM

Chilling

SouthernGent on November 7, 2006 at 1:50 PM

You might almost think he was thinking about blocking the real fire and ambulance and replacing them with his own ‘special’ versions.

KCSteve on November 7, 2006 at 1:51 PM

Gives me an image of a monkey trying to operate a video camera.

Lazarus on November 7, 2006 at 3:25 PM

hillbillyjim on November 7, 2006 at 1:41 PM

…and Halliburton

urbancenturion on November 7, 2006 at 4:42 PM

hillbillyjim on November 7, 2006 at 1:41 PM

…and the Zionists

urbancenturion on November 7, 2006 at 4:43 PM

hillbillyjim on November 7, 2006 at 1:41 PM

…and even Adolph himself!!!

urbancenturion on November 7, 2006 at 4:44 PM

hillbillyjim on November 7, 2006 at 1:41 PM

…and FOX NEWS!!!

urbancenturion on November 7, 2006 at 4:45 PM

(who did I forget?)

urbancenturion on November 7, 2006 at 4:45 PM

…and the Zionists

urbancenturion on November 7, 2006 at 4:43 PM

What ISN’T their fault, right ?????

seejanemom on November 7, 2006 at 4:50 PM

You sorry sack of shit, I hope that in the judgment you will face, an FDNY firefighter gets to shove the jaws of live up your ass and expand them as far as they will go. Jihad this, MFrrrrrr!

MsUnderestimated on November 8, 2006 at 12:03 AM

I don’t know; however, I would like to think that a hefty tip that I received after 9-11 and that I left on two occasions with the FBI provided help in come capacity – in the WOT.

Had to do with a suspicious Algerian…

ar_basin on November 8, 2006 at 2:03 PM

Personally, I think they should have put a rope around his neck and dropped the trap door from under him. The british don’t have capital punishment anymore do they. Damn liberals.

2theright on March 23, 2008 at 8:39 AM