Cheatmania! Both sides declare election totally bogus, unless they win; Update: Ford already whining

posted at 2:02 pm on November 7, 2006 by Allahpundit

Mmmm yeah. We’ve got admissions of cheating at DU, an FBI investigation of voter intimidation in Virginia (and, perhaps to come, Montana), and reports at Red State of massive electoral problems in Pennsylvania — that are flatly contradicted by the Philly Inquirer and Hotline.

We just received this from one of our readers, who claims he got it via e-mail. Given how things are shaping up for the GOP in Ohio, there’d have to be an awful lot of shenanigans to cast the result in doubt.

ohio-gop.png

Turnout is heavy in Tennessee and Virginia. Dick Morris thinks if the Dems take the House but the margin is slim enough, a bloc of blue dogs might be able to torpedo Nancy and force them to choose a more moderate Speaker.

The bad news is, he’s never right. The good news is, he’s due.

Elsewhere, K-Lo unleashes a jinx for the ages on Michael Steele.

Update: Another one for the FBI!

Update: Via RightWinged, Junior must be in trouble in Tennessee.

Comments

What are these “blue-dog” democrats? I’ve heard that phrase a few times this election but never before.

Growing up in the South I heard a lot about Yellow-dog Democrats, who were conservative but would vote for an old yellow dog before they’d vote for a Republican. Same thing? When did the dog switch colors?

see-dubya on November 7, 2006 at 2:07 PM

Dude.

Allahpundit on November 7, 2006 at 2:09 PM

Allah, I figured this might get to you quicker than email, though I passed it on to Ian as well.

Harold Ford whining (wish I’d gotten the Fox News video earlier) and making unsubstantiated claims that the TN election coordinator hasn’t heard. Obviously I’m partisan and believe it’s likely that Ford is the liar of the two.

RightWinged on November 7, 2006 at 2:12 PM

There for a second I thought I read “Harold Ford Winning

Yikes. I need to go to the bathroom now.

natesnake on November 7, 2006 at 2:17 PM

I thought the bluedogs were killed along with Old Yeller.

lorien1973 on November 7, 2006 at 2:20 PM

Dick Morris is weird. How many times has he written that hillary can’t win in 2008; that she’s a shoe-in in 2008? He flipflops every time he writes an article.

lorien1973 on November 7, 2006 at 2:21 PM

Thanks for the linkage AP…

I recommend everyone read that article on Junior because it’s as good as it gets. It seems that his camp’s claims don’t go beyond.. his camp. It would seem they can’t back them up and they should be blasted for it, hopefully Malkin will have the opportunity on FNC later.

RightWinged on November 7, 2006 at 2:29 PM

A .200 hitter is never due.

Phil Smith on November 7, 2006 at 2:29 PM

If someone told me I could not vote, despite being on the roll and verified, I’d tell them where I think they could go and what they could when they got there in rather plain language.

Honestly, if someone was hooting and waving signs outside a polling place, and that stops you from voting, you shouldn’t be part of the process to begin with.

Neo on November 7, 2006 at 2:32 PM

You’re just trying to get us to click on this post using the endearing giggle-pic.

It worked.

thirteen28 on November 7, 2006 at 2:34 PM

Neo on November 7, 2006 at 2:32 PM

That’s why the founding fathers made the second amendment… to ensure the protection of the rest of them.

“You can’t vote”
“Are you feeling lucky, punk?”

E L Frederick on November 7, 2006 at 2:36 PM

The Democratic and MSM definition of “intimidation”: Not allowing 1) an illegal alien or 2) a felon to vote.

januarius on November 7, 2006 at 2:37 PM

I think it’s just a given that if the republicans manage to hold on to either (or both) houses, then the democrats will automatically throw down the “voter fraud” card.

AP, you should do a “card” about that one!

pullingmyhairout on November 7, 2006 at 2:37 PM

Morris is wrong again because the R’s will be choosing the Speaker.

Clark1 on November 7, 2006 at 2:38 PM

Ah, some of us have been having voting problems since last month!

MamaAJ on November 7, 2006 at 2:41 PM

i swear i’m two seconds away from shoving cotton in my ears

Defector01 on November 7, 2006 at 2:48 PM

Neo on November 7, 2006 at 2:32 PM

“You can’t vote”
“Are you feeling lucky, punk?”

E L Frederick on November 7, 2006 at 2:36 PM

I was in TN for the 2004 election and the old ladies made me take off my white t-shirt that said Vote GOP with a picture of the elephant logo

RightWinged on November 7, 2006 at 2:51 PM

Maybe they should take my POLL TEST.

SLU, you won’t “be surprised” ;)

seejanemom on November 7, 2006 at 2:53 PM

They just wanted to see you with your shirt off RW ;-)

E L Frederick on November 7, 2006 at 2:53 PM

What do you mean “Ford whining now

seejanemom on November 7, 2006 at 2:54 PM

OOOOOOoooo…..I want to see Rightwinged with his shirt off…………………………………………………………….waiting………………….

seejanemom on November 7, 2006 at 2:55 PM

In PA, thanks to ACORN, it appears a Mr. Al Abortion, a Mr. Alternative Abortion, tried to vote.

Al and 2,000 of his closest friends have been caught already in one county.

wardrobedoor on November 7, 2006 at 2:55 PM

A .200 hitter is never due.

Phil

Heh.

Jaibones on November 7, 2006 at 2:59 PM

seejanemom on November 7, 2006 at 2:55 PM

lol, not today! It’s cold up here in VT and I’ve got on a hoodie over a long sleeved shirt.. with the heat on… and about to get some hot chocolate. My first winter back up here, going to take some gettin’ used to.

RightWinged on November 7, 2006 at 2:59 PM

At least we wait until there is at least some evidence of voter fraud before we start in on the “Al Gore”-ism.

E L Frederick on November 7, 2006 at 3:01 PM

Why do we need evidence? The Progs never put much stock in evidence.

Sometimes I wish I lived in a land of unicorns and chocolate rivers with gum drop trees.

natesnake on November 7, 2006 at 3:09 PM

This just in from Duey, Cheatham, and Howe.

Do you feel you were cheated on your vote?

The Law Offices of Duey, Cheatham, and Howe are here to get you money. Someone looked at you the wrong way at the polling place, then let us get you real cash.

We’re the Law Offices of Duey, Cheatham, and Howe and our job is to get you money.

Kini on November 7, 2006 at 3:13 PM

Dick Morris was right about W’s second term and why the dems lost so give him SOME credit.

One Angry Christian on November 7, 2006 at 3:15 PM

Rightwinged

I was surprised the old ladies didn’t say anything about my sweatshirt that reads, “Save the Seals, club a liberal.”

Capitalist Infidel on November 7, 2006 at 3:22 PM

E L Frederick, in Texas, a concealed handgun license allows you to carry, but not into a polling place. I find it a travesty of justice that they put exclusions on carry into the places where people need them the most.

urbancenturion on November 7, 2006 at 3:36 PM

urbancenturion;

Don’t try and carry one into a court house either. Or on a military base.

E L Frederick on November 7, 2006 at 3:39 PM

Rightwinged

Capitalist Infidel on November 7, 2006 at 3:22 PM

That’s classic man.

RightWinged on November 7, 2006 at 3:39 PM

Hereis the picture of my sweatshirt. What’s funny is I didn’t even know I was wearing it. I got up late, it was raining cats and dogs and I just wanted to get in and out of there.

Capitalist Infidel on November 7, 2006 at 3:46 PM

The only instance of voter intimidation that I’ve ever found a first hand witness for (as opposed to a friend’s brother’s girlfriend’s aunt’s beautician’s favorite customer) involved my older sister in the last election in California.

My sister is a registered Republican living in North Hollywood (let’s just say, she’s probably one of 5 registered Republicans in the entire area). When she got to the polling place, she gave them her name. The woman looked her up and then said, very loudly, “You’re a REPUBLICAN?” Now, everyone was staring at her. My sister said, “Yes.” The woman said, “A Republican? Really? Republican! I’m going to have to see some ID.”

My sister didn’t realize that it was against the law to ask for id at a CA polling place (in fact, she was happy that someone was finally asking for ID since she thought it was a good idea for people to prove they were who they said they were when they voted). She pulled out her license which is still a MO license because she didn’t want to change it until it expired (although she’d been living, working, and paying taxes in CA for 4 years).k

The woman looked at her license and said, “Missouri? You’re not from here? So, you just came to vote in California so you could mess up our elections…why don’t you vote in Missouri instead?”

Again, all of this was said really loudly. My sister finally said “Because I live HERE. That’s my name on the rolls. Are you planning on letting me vote or not?” At that point, the woman handed my sister her ballot and let her go, but the whole incident was really improper.

The thing that I find laughable about the whole situation is that it’s not like my sister’s vote was actually going to change anything. Every single issue my sister voted on went the other way. The poll worker was willing to violate State and Federal election laws just to bully a 90lbs Republican. And, of course, Dems being Dems, even that didn’t work out so well for them.

JadeNYU on November 7, 2006 at 3:55 PM

I never understood why the Dems’ brazen attempt to change election laws after the fact (aka the protracted Florida 2000 “recount”) was ever given credibility by our side – in other words, not denounced as the near-criminal act it surely was. Like appeasing terrorism, appeasing Dems’ attempts to cheat only encourages them, and I fear for tomorrow.

Halley on November 7, 2006 at 4:00 PM

So, Allah,why do you have KP’s pix up (besides the fact that you like to look at her)?

EF on November 7, 2006 at 4:12 PM

A .200 hitter is never due.

Hah. Morris falls well below the Mendoza line. If Wiki had an entry for Political Whore, you’d see Dick’s mug. Blowing with the wind has been his M.O. for decades. Reagan’s up, Morris is leaning right. Clinton’s up, Morris drifts left.

And his prognostications are farther off than a CBS News exit poll.

Even a blind squirrel finds a nut now and then.

JadeNYU,

Being from Burbank, you can trust that there’s more than 5 conservatives in the area. But there are precincts which are insular conclaves of lefties in N. Hollywood, mostly centered around Valley College. Lots of hippy leftovers, treehuggers, and assorted deviants. But poll workers are sworn to be professional and impartial, she should have reported the incident to the local EC.

Freelancer on November 7, 2006 at 4:19 PM

She’s emailed him the internals.

SouthernGent on November 7, 2006 at 4:33 PM

urbancenturion;

Don’t try and carry one into a court house either. Or on a military base.

E L Frederick on November 7, 2006 at 3:39 PM

Right. I didn’t recite all the Texas CHL provision for brevity. But at least they corrected a few things when the updated the laws a couple of years ago. You used to not be able to carry into a hospital, despite the rash of nurse assaults that had occured in darked parking lots late at night.

Frankly, I think there should be a secret program to allow more guns on planes, and pretty much anywhere else. The same principle applies: if the bad guys don’t know who might have a gun (like the guy sitting next to them) then they might think twice since there is an excellent chance they won’t be able to accomplish their mission anyway.

urbancenturion on November 7, 2006 at 5:00 PM

A .200 hitter is never due.

Phil Smith on November 7, 2006 at 2:29 PM

I like this analogy….as a “former” pitcher, it’s like walking a .200 hitter with two outs…..if you need him on base for some reason, don’t waste pitches, just put a high hard one in his ear.

The next guy won’t dig in, either.

Gonna be a long night of liberal wails, moans, and failure to accept responsibility for the dramatic losses.

Spider Dan on November 7, 2006 at 5:15 PM

Sounds like a couple of dirty old ladies Rightwinged. Watch yourself :)

wytammic on November 7, 2006 at 5:31 PM

Dude.

Allahpundit

Hehe, I just noticed that one of the Blue Dogs is named Dennis Moore.

I wonder if he asks his voters to give him all of their lupins.

/obscure Monty Python reference

Benaiah on November 7, 2006 at 5:41 PM

EF

Does he need a reason? Are you actually complaining that a gorgeous blond is on your screen?

Benaiah on November 7, 2006 at 5:43 PM

moveon is offering a $250k reward for actionable evidence of voter fraud conspiracy.

jummy on November 7, 2006 at 11:25 PM